Start by marking “Taken (Breathless, #2)” as Want to Read:
Taken (Breathless, #2)

Taken

(Breathless #2)

Addison Grant had no way of knowing that a chance meeting with a sexy bartender would have the power to alter her entire existence. In one word, one touch, he consumed her. But can something this good really last forever?

Now that Addison knows the truth about Liam Mason, will she be able to forgive the betrayal or will she have the strength to walk away from the one man t
Published April 10th 2015 by Daft Empire (first published March 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Taken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken

Start your review of Taken (Breathless, #2)
Ash
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow........So! This book........I really enjoyed Consumed ...like a lot! but this one! Man, I loved this one.....It was sooooo good......funny, and happy, and full of love....and LIAM, Jesus....Liam....and sex, lots of sex, and MAN, that last part......not any of the things that I totally just listed.......I am on to Book 3 because I can't wait any longer to read it!!!!!!!!

come find me:
www.facebook.com/ReadsAsh
IG: ash.reads Twitter: @ReadsAsh
Darlene Cruz
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This may sound silly but for some reason the print of each word in the book was pleasant to my eyes. I think the font and the yellow tinge paper helped a lot. I read so many books I was blessed with this one, my eyes thank you! Now let's get on with the review, EXCELLENT. I noticed right off the bat how easy the story moved along without a hesitation or pause, no confusion. Addison, Addison, what a character of beauty, brain, intelligence and yes, a slush (just saying :D) I guess men are not the ...more
Rose
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars,

This book was more exciting than the first, would've given it a 4 stars except one scene pissed me off. This definitely reminded me of 50 shades (not the BDSM) but the whole rich man, buys her clothes, driver, etc. (I love me a rich alpha so I don't mind ;) )

(Spoilers ahead)
When Liam advances Addison's career through his connections. Like Addison said, it's unfair she got opportunities while she's been there for months whereas others have been there for years. It just irked me that i
Stephanie

Overall Rating :: 2.5-3 stars
Series :: Book two of the Breathless series
Hero/Heroine :: Liam/Addison
POV :: Brief prologue from Liam, the rest is from Addison.
Cliffhanger :: Yes.
HEA :: (view spoiler)

I really want to like this book series. I really do. But the grammatical and spelling issues are too frequent, and the personality of the characters is too limited. Not to mention, the issues between Liam and Addison seem tacked on, or are resolved after a few
Bette Stanek
3.5

OK, Liam and Addison seem to have things figured out. Until Liam's past come back to bite them in the butt. Another cliffhanger ending with a super biotch added for good measure. Addison still seems on the whiny side, but is losing it somewhat. Liam is too good to be true which means he really isn't. Addison flip-flops between totally in and totally out. Liam continues to send flowers with meaning to fix everything. There really isn't much different in book 2, just different names and differe
Mandi
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great 2nd book

I loved the first book and couldn't wait to get my hands on the 2nd. In this book you go further into Liam and Addie's relationship. I'm not gonna lie at the end when he started to act all cold I already knew what/who was causing it. The ending was a cliff hanger but luckily the 3rd book is out.
Amanda
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not put this book down! I'm so in love with Liam and Addison, I'm just hoping that all ends well! This book will take you for an awesome ride as there story continues...and as for Michelle ( the book bitch, yes ladies al the good stories have one) lets just say I would have decked her!!! So grab your snuggle and settle in, cause its a good one!
Kelly
GAH 5 star read ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Now straight on to the next book, released here I come.......GAH I so bloody hope the people that deserve a ten ton of crap, actually get it grrrrrrrr. I couldn't put this book down so blinking addictive lol
Michelle
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good book. I loved it. I liked that Liam keeps surprising Addison. Also that Addison has a few surprises of her own. I can't wait to read the last book in this series.
Robin Shawn
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the second part to this trilogy. Addy was a little more annoying in this one, but I could understand how she felt. The writing was strong and the pacing of the story was good.
Assenette
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
OH MY GOD..... THAT BITCH!!!!! On to book 3!!!
Ashley Owens
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is fantastic!! I highly recommend this as a must read!!! Even better than the first!
Nstefa
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!! I read this series and I must say it was quite awesome!! Secrets will be revealed ... nothing is always as it seems!!!
When your boyfriend practically kicks you out on your ass and you're stranded in a new city ,what do you do? Dust off and get right back up ... then you meet a hot bartender mmmmm... and the excitement begins!!!
Jamie
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book truly took me for a ride! Loved the writing in the book and had all the great elements I love in a book. Unfortunately the book did end on a cliffhanger and forced me to read the next book to know what happens.
Petra Gleason
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lesley Badham
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I am hooked on the story and what will happen next
Dena
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taken is the continuation of Addison and Liam's romance. There was a pretty big surpise for Addison at the end of Consumed (book 1). Will Addison be able to forgive Liam after she finds out he is really the rich business mogul she's heard so much of? Liam has a dark side, will Addison ever be able to really know all of Liam?

This is a great romance if you love serials and you can't help but fall in love with the characters. Definitely have to give 4.5 smooches for this. I love Liam! He is wicked
Angel
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved!!!

What a book even better than the first. Addison she is just one of my favorite characters she is so strong and intelligent she truly does give her whole heart. Liam he is not just rich but hot and only wants to be wanted for who he is not what he has. Michelle I know what she's up to. I wanna smack her in the face lol. I love how this story is written and how each book leaves me wanting more, I just hope the next book ends the way I want. I can't wait to dive into Released.
Mae
Apr 14, 2015 rated it liked it
This is the continuation of Addison and Liam's story. If you did not fall for Liam in the first book then this one will definitely have you hooked. Hot persistent rich former playboy Liam repeatedly professes his love for Addison while showing his romantic side. In this book Addison seems a bit bratty and a little whiny. The end of this tale will have you clamoring for the final book. Can't wait to see to see how the story of this couple will end.
Chelsi Tauscher
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy cliffhanger.

I enjoyed this one a lot more than the first. It was more believable and drama filled. At one point you just feel bad for Liam and Addison that everything keeps getting in their way. Usually it's themselves, but the ending in this one.....just wow.

Not to mention if a Man like Liam flew across the country for me, well I wouldn't have put up a fight like Addison.

Ready for the third!!!
Kym
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved the second instalment of this series. Wow, of course it ends in another bloody cliffhanger. It's hot, Addison I so wanted to slap at times. This book frustrated the hell out of me. Feeling very emotional at the moment. So happy I can go straight into the final book of Addison & Liam's story. Oh I hope they get their H.E.A ...more
Leighanne Cooper nottingham
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!! I new this was coming!! Evil Michelle.. I love these books.. I can't wait to start Released!!
Primrose
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice cliffhanger. Left me wondering what will happen with the characters.
Roxs Reads
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Needless to say, the ending has left my heart in my stomach and my stomach in my throat :'(. Like the tension and anticipation though and truly hope Michelle gets what's coming to her in Released!
Stephanie Short
3.75
Randi
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Series

I am enjoying this series. My only con is that Addison is chasing Liam now and I wish she would just walk away. Let Liam see what he is losing.
T
Sep 21, 2015 rated it liked it
His cock did his communicating for him. He may as well have been mute.
Jamie  Leigh
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
that ending. didn't see that coming! wow an interesting couple!
Merel Hennink
May 07, 2018

• Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)
  • Fight for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #2)
  • Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)
  • Reckless Memories (Wrecked, #1)
  • Punished
  • My Husband's Lie
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Bad Romance
  • It's Not You It's Him
  • Hitler's Stolen Children: The Shocking True Story of the Nazi Kidnapping Conspiracy
  • The Forgotten Home Child
  • One Of Us Is Lying
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet, #2)
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
  • The Great Ex-Scape
  • The Other Daughter
  • Closer
Melissa Toppen is a USA Today Bestselling Author who specializes in New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.
Melissa resides in Cincinnati Ohio with her husband and two children, where she writes full time.

Connect

Breathless (3 books)
  • Consumed (Breathless, #1)
  • Released (Breathless, #3)