Start by marking “Consumed (Breathless, #1)” as Want to Read:
Consumed (Breathless, #1)

Consumed

(Breathless #1)

Addison Grant thought she had life all figured out. Attend college, land the job of her dreams, and marry her high school sweetheart. Everything seemed to be falling into place, or at least that’s what she thought.

Having moved from Vermont to Las Vegas with her boyfriend Grayson, the last thing Addison expected was to come home one day to find all of her belongings packed
Published April 10th 2015 by Daft Empire (first published December 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Consumed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Consumed

Start your review of Consumed (Breathless, #1)
Ash
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75

I actually really liked this one!!! an no, it ISN'T because the main male characters name is Liam...though that certainly helped :)

This book had been on my TBR for......probably since the original book came out in 2013....So, a while. I finally bought it the other day, and I was actually quite surprised by how much I liked it. Of course it isn't SPECTACULAR, THE BEST THING EVER WRITTEN, but it was a damn good story and I loved the writing. I also really loved both the main characters.

The cl
Anna Giron
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i just fell in love with the characters!

can't wait for the second book!
Divas BookBlog
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Consumed, by Melissa Toppen, is the first installment in the Breathless series. Now, the cover alone should receive the highest rating! We love it simple and we love the color pink! One of us is even a huge fan of Martinis * wink wink to Allison * so the cover really made our day.
The image on the cover actually has something to do with the story. Call us easy to please, but we get excited everytime we find a connection between the cover and story. Those are pretty rare these days ( you know....
Erin
Tanya
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what an amazing series! the storyline kept my interest and the characters are well developed. one of my favorite things about this series is how real the characters are. they do not have a crazy broken past that they have to work through. I'm not saying they don't have issues...but the issues they have are realistic and believable. the characters are down to earth and seemingly real. the series never gets so over the top that it's unbelievable. the story has a lot of romance and some red hot sce ...more
Hanna
Could not put this book down once I started it! Definitely not a novel for a younger crowd but a phenomenal steamy novel. I love how the characters have real issues. It's almost a story your best friend could tell you; but be warned the cliffhanger ending will have you headed to book two.
Dana Ariss
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful read that leaves you begging for more. I absolutly can not wait for book 2!
Ashley Owens
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is fantastic!! I highly recommend this as a must read!!! The characters are very relatable and the plot keeps you wanting more!!!
Brandi
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully crafted tale that pulls you in with every word. You will stand up in cheer for Addison and feel her heartbreak. Each piece picked up by Liam. Absolutely loved him! Be prepared to fallin love with the characters Melissa Toppen creates.
Kristen Holt
I honestly don't remember reading this book, so I guess that's all the review you need from me.
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok I'm not going to lie when I first started this book I was not feeling well and was super tired, so I told myself I would read a couple pages then go to sleep, well that went right out of my head because Addison pulled me right in and I was instantly hooked!! I love how Addison found herself among her breakup with Grayson and kept on through out the whole book, even when her heart wavered her mind was there to snap her out of it which is sexy and powerful!!! Now Liam, Liam, Liam!! I totally ag ...more
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
**I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

I have to say that I was smitten with this book from the beginning to end. The story really captivated me and it was one of those books that you start to read and just can't find yourself to put down.

Addison is a girl who gets her heart broken by her boyfriend of 8 years. She thought that they would be together forever, but not everything works out the way we want right!

Liam is an ordinary guy working as a bartender at one of the nightclubs
David Duncan
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all adults
Recommended to David by: goodreads
Shelves: first-reads
Consumed written by Melissa Toppen is my forty-eighth book that I have received and read from Goodreads. This story is about a young woman by the name of Addison, who thinks that she is in love with her boyfriend Grayson. They both from a small town in Vermont, they dated thru high school and college exclusively. Grayson graduates and is a lawyer and Addison gets her degree in Business and Marketing. Grayson takes a job with his uncle's law firm in Las Vegas Nevada. Addison packs up their bags a ...more
Kassidy-nicole Langiano
I was Gifted this book by the author for my honest review. Along with another of her books (Collide)

Melissa Toppen has one of the best writing styles i have seen for a long time. Her books flow and make such an easy read its difficult to find any faults in her work.

Her characters are captivating and you feel like you know and care for them as you are reading about their lives.

Addison and Liam are no different. Though they start their relationship in one of the most strange ways it works. they wo
Rose
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars! Nice, easy read and what I was looking for.

I did find how quick they fell for each other kind of unbelievable. I was hoping for more development into their love.

I think that MORE should've happened. It was such a neutral read at times ... Not boring ... but not giving me butterflies the way books should for me to give them 4 stars.

I did like both MC's, I think Liam is so so sweet! I like Addison and understood why in the beginning she kept trying to push him away.

It's a sexy short
Chandra
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was hooked !!

I was given a free copy of this book for an honest review and I have to say I didn't have high hopes. After reading the first,I promise you that I have already purchased the next installment of the breathless series. The characters and situations are believable and relatable. The steamy scenes are hot but not too much. Again believable. Melissa Toppen sucks you into the story and makes you want to read more. The only drawback I read was the love interest was described over and ove
Mandi
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Can I just say when saw I had an opportunity to get this book for a R&R from choosey I was super excited. I've wanted to read this book for awhile. I was not disappointed at all. it was a great read and I couldn't seem to put it down. The characters were easy to understand and the issues that came up in the book were all believable situations. This book was not all about sex for this couple. It was more of a deeper connection.
Sherry Haynes
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From controlling to loving. From settling to accepting. Addison has to face that life doesn't always end the way you think and sometimes you have to take risks when you fear what the risks will cause to your heart. All emotions you can imagine going on in everyday life is felt within this novel. The characters pull you in to where you can literally see this situation happening in reality and you start rooting for them to overcome everything. I hate the cliffhanger but admit I couldn't put the bo ...more
Robin Shawn
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this. Yes, it was yet another rich guy falling for beautiful, naive girl, but I thought it was well executed. I wasn't surprised by who Liam was, but I still enjoyed the ride. I must admit I am so glad that I waited for all three books to be out before reading. That cliffhanger would have killed me!
Kristina  Forester
The book is an excellent read. Characters are good and not the typical "girl falls for super macho hot guy" the story is different with lots of attention to the little details of the story and some unexpected twists! I really liked this and cannot wait until the next one comes out.
Mike
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the best book so far from this new author. The story is exciting and well written with close attention to detail without too much "fluff". I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to read a good book!
Michelle
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what an excellent book. I was one of the lucky good reads winners of this book. I sat down with it and couldn't put it down. I finished it the same night I started it. I can't wait to read the next book.
Amanda
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The cover of his book drew me in. I'm glad I read this one and I'm getting started on the second one! You will love his story so go over to amazon and pick it up!
Dawn Thumser
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love this book, getting ready to buy the other two, to me it's a must read.

I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Sue
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have had this series in my kindle for so long, I was glad to finally be able to get to it. Addison Grant uproots her idyllic Vermont life to follow her long time boyfriend to Las Vegas. However, this move turned out to be the worst move she ever made -- or was it. Grayson (her b/f) decides that she doesn't work for him anymore and without reason or pre-amble, packs her up and forces her to leave. Luckily she has friends there who will not allow her to wallow very long. And this is where this s ...more
Nstefa
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!! I read this series and I must say it was quite awesome!! Secrets will be revealed ... nothing is always as it seems!!!
When your boyfriend practically kicks you out on your ass and you're stranded in a new city ,what do you do? Dust off and get right back up ... then you meet a hot bartender mmmmm... and the excitement begins!!!
LeLe
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
The storyline, what storyline? Girl gets dumped, girl meets hot guy, girl send mixed signals to guy, girl goes out on date with the guy, girl crushes from the first meeting on guy, girl jumps to conclusions, unneccessary drama, cliffhanger: guy lied about his job..

Jamie
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book truly consumed me! Loved the writing in the book and had all the great elements I love in a book. Unfortunately the book did end on a cliffhanger and forced me to read the next book to know what happens.
valeria
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
Addison seemed very childish to me, when he wanted to talk to her she was only interested in other things and it's not that it's bad but he wanted to talk
Stephanie

Overall Rating :: 3 stars
Series :: Book one of the Breathless series
Hero/Heroine :: Liam/Addison
POV :: All Addison.
Cliffhanger :: Yes.
HEA :: (view spoiler)

Ah, hell. I didn't have the intention of reading the next book, actually. Primarily because I never really felt attached to the characters. They felt flat for me, a little bland. I really didn't see the grand appeal on either side. And there were a few grammatical things that just bugged me (your vs. you're), or contradic

• Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Cruel King (Royal Elite, #0)
  • Legacy of Lies (Empire of Lies, #3)
  • Where the Little Birds Are
  • Beautifully Cruel
  • Where the Little Birds Go
  • Malicious
  • Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting
  • Maybe Never (Maybe, #2)
  • The Virgin Gift (The Gift #2)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • The Truth about Us
  • The Truth about Tomorrow
  • NORTH
  • The Road That Leads To Us (Us, #1)
  • We Were Once
  • Honey Sugar
  • Tortured Whispers
Melissa Toppen is a USA Today Bestselling Author who specializes in New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.
Melissa resides in Cincinnati Ohio with her husband and two children, where she writes full time.

Connect

Breathless (3 books)
  • Taken (Breathless, #2)
  • Released (Breathless, #3)

News & Interviews

“It's funny how what I used to view as important now holds nothing for me. It's in our vanity that we lose sight of what actually matters.” 2 likes
“The bliss that I feel in this moment is like something from a fairy tale. A prince laying the world out at his princesses feet. A hope to win her heart and take her away from her awful existence to live happily ever after in his palace. While life is no where near a fairy tale, it feels good to know that moments like this can exist. Moments that render you speechless and take your breath away. -Addison Grant- Consumed” 0 likes