Start by marking “Katherine in Gold (The Beachy Bride, #2)” as Want to Read:
Katherine in Gold (The Beachy Bride, #2)

Katherine in Gold (The Beachy Bride #2)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  170 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
*Warning: this is a love story with sexual situations and copious swearing. It also deals with an inappropriate relationship between an underage girl and a much older man.

When Katherine Symes experiences heartbreak at the age of twenty, she picks herself up, dusts herself off, and declares no man will ever break her again. The independent, potty-mouthed Katherine makes no
Published July 9th 2015 (first published July 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Katherine in Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Katherine in Gold

Stacey is Sassy
Aug 02, 2015 Stacey is Sassy rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy, cont-series
Attitude and Spunk will get you the gold…

***4.5 Stars***

Katherine In Gold was a winner for me. I connected with the characters, loved the dialogue and finished it with a big smile on my face. We start off the story with Katherine looking at her life and deciding she needs to make some changes. The first and smartest decision is to kick her boyfriend to the curb. Goya is convinced he’s in love with Katherine. He’s an arrogant artist who thinks he’s better than everyone else. Unfortunately, Kather
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

Katherine in Gold by J.B. Hartnett was a sweet, sexy, and beautiful book that dealt with complex, flawed, and real characters who manages to capture our hearts with their past. What I loved about this book was that Ms. Hartnett showcased two people finding love and healing. For Katherine, her broken heart and the walls that she built up were slowly crumbling when she meets Holst. Holst was just perfection. He was sweet, beautif
JLC
Sep 17, 2015 JLC marked it as just-not-for-me

Dear Ms. J.B. Hartnett:

I have so much mad author luv for you after Genevieve Clare. That was one freak'n amazing book for me. So much so, I spread my mad luv for you & this book among my reading buds & put that book on my 'favorite' shelf.

Now I have even more mad author luv for you for being such a classy business lady as to give readers *WARNINGS* for content in your book they may not like reading. I think authors like you who do that are just so classy. As a reader, I can't tell you
Vanessa
4.5 stars!

Review to come on 7/9...

**FULL REVIEW**

“One thing to know about me, Holst: when I give my word, I never go back on it. Not ever.”

First, let me start by saying I love J.B. Hartnett. I have read every book she’s written and will continue to do so. Her stories hold a magic all their own, one that reminds me that love can be simple in all its complexities. They show that even though there are heavy situations, it can be light and breezy. I love her style of writing, the characters she en
Amber
Jun 11, 2015 Amber rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

Again, I am absolutely in love with the characters that J.B. Hartnett writes. She manages to write complex, flawed, beautiful, real characters that I always seem to have a strong connection with. The dialogue and thought process of each character balances so well. There is always this great dynamic going on. I feel apart of their world.

In addition to these wonderful characters that I have come to cherish she also writes a compelling story that keeps moving. Sure I get into the book and
Derna
Aug 13, 2015 Derna rated it it was amazing
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

Katherine in Gold is the second in The Beachy Bride series by J.B. Hartnett. Not only was I excited when I saw it arrive on my Kindle having loved the first book I the series Bride in Bloom. But also intrigued by the warning author had added at the start the synopsis. I’m a big fan of the author, and I do love books with the hint of a possible wedding so I couldn’t wait to dive in!

“It all starts with the dress. The guy comes
London
Oct 06, 2015 London rated it liked it
So as I'm reading this book I just kept imagining the shops located next to Taco Loco on PCH and low and behold 30% in and Taco Loco gets a shout out in the book.

I'll love this book for the Laguna references alone.
It was a cute story but I did find that the writing style made it difficult to connect with the characters. I don't know what it was about it exactly but I just felt like things were happening but I never connected with the events. Also, there was plenty of character development but no
Shayna
 photo katherineingoldtoppick.jpg

This was an absolute beautiful and breathtaking romance! KATHERINE IN GOLD has to be one of my top fave romances of the year! This read gutted me in more ways than one and I couldn't be more grateful for it. These characters were amazing, the storyline was just brilliant. The female lead, Katherine, just blew me away. I related to her on so many levels. She buried herself so deep in my heart that I felt for her during tough times, cheered with her through the good, and cried with her through th
Loz
Aug 16, 2015 Loz rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from TRSOR in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's blog tour promotions.

Nobody stays golden throughout their lives. At some point, we get broken,become marred with mistakes that we make along the way. However, there is always a way to move past what happened and let the past stay where it should be. At some point, a person gets himself into a mess. But we can move on to other more beautiful things.

This is what Katherine in Gold was mostly about.
The Smutbrarians
Value-5
Overall Rating- 5
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Joanna

The love between Katherine and Holst was unbelievably … SEXY!
I loved the character of Katherine, she was introduced in Bride in Bloom (which I also loved). Katherine is a strong woman who tells it like it is. Love that about her.She meets Holst but acts like she likes him. She has walls around her heart and doesn’t want to allow anyone in. Something in her past has caused her to be this way, and H
Karen Harper
Jun 29, 2015 Karen Harper rated it it was amazing
As a teacher, I thought I knew a lot of words that have multiple meanings but, after reading Katherine in Gold, I have now added two new words to that list – “dude” and “whore”. So not only has J. B. Hartnett entertained me with her writing, she’s also educated me!
Seriously though, Katherine in Gold is literally worth its weight in gold. It’s one of those books that makes you smile and laugh; it makes you sigh in contentment; it makes you angry and it simply makes you feel good.
This book is full
Laurie
Jul 30, 2015 Laurie rated it it was amazing
Though I was really excited to read it, I didn’t expect to like Katherine in Gold more than I loved J. B. Hartnett’s Bride in Bloom. But wow. Just wow. I fell completely head-over-heels in love with. Katherine in Gold. This is a book that I will pick up and read over and over and over again, just because.

When I read, I love the idea of suspending my disbelief and being lost in the story and falling in love with not only the characters, the words on the page and the idea that this world they are
Karen Oliver
Aug 03, 2015 Karen Oliver rated it it was amazing
Almost perfect!

There's nothing I didn't love about this book and the characters. If I could change one thing,it would be to expound on what happened to Kath in her youth. A glimpse into the "grooming" she endured, just so the confrontation that takes placement so instant.

Highly recommend this book, as well as the other one in this series.
Pamela
Jun 22, 2015 Pamela rated it it was amazing
*******received early ARC******

can i just start by saying how much i loved this story? Katherine, such a tortured soul, but i love seeing the "old" faces back in the fold, beautifully written & once again J.B AMAZING writing!!!
Jess
Oct 13, 2015 Jess rated it it was amazing
Now I know that the blurb has a warning about an inappropriate relationship but don't let that deter you. It shapes how Katherine goes about her relationships however, there really isn't a lot of detail about what happened. The relationship that Katherine had with that man impacted her more in her lack of faith in happy endings. She always believed them to be for other people but not for herself.

Here in the story, Katherine wants to open a cafe but knows that she needs help. Enter Holst. A hot m
Randi
Aug 28, 2015 Randi rated it it was amazing
Okay, first of all, if you’ve never read anything by J.B. Hartnett you need to understand something. She’s not your typical romance writer where the characters have mild anger towards a past boyfriend/girlfriend and that’s their “trouble.” Her characters have often come into contact with the worst humanity has to offer but come out stronger through the ordeal. It lends a complexity and depth to her books that are hard to find. I’m truly a fan because the way her characters are makes me long to b ...more
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
Jul 10, 2015 Jodie's W.I.N.E. List rated it it was amazing
When I started this book I didn't realize it was a part of a series. I was suspicious because, although the focus was on Katherine, her circle of friends make quite a few appearances and one of them, Tori, was recently married. I suspected she was the focus of another book. The story also sets up stories for the remaining single friends in the group. And they all start with the dress.

Since this is the first in the series I have read, I can into the story not having any connections to the charac
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 10, 2015 Red Cheeks Reads rated it really liked it
Another great book by J.B Hartnett! I love how her stories draw you in and the characters are so relatable. I really like how I can imagine hanging out with them. Katherine begins her journey by questioning whether or not to embark on a new business venture. And this new business venture happens to have one heck a hunk named Holst! Both have demons they need to face and eventually find one another to lean on.
Katherine is a strong character that doesn’t want to have relationships with the men in
Diane
Jul 09, 2015 Diane rated it it was amazing
Funny, sexy and emotional read...

I admit the storyline made me immediately uneasy - a younger woman is not unusual but when I read fourteen and an older man? A big red flag went up. Happily, the author quickly restored my faith as I began reading what turned out to be a funny, emotional, sexy story that I didn't want to end!

Katherine is twenty, bursting with life, energy and a dream to open her own Cafe. Holst comes into her life at exactly the right time to help her make that dream a reality.
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
www.mysecretromancebookreviews.com

First and foremost, go back up and rea the warning at the top. Go ahead I will give you a few minutes to scroll back up and read it. Now, if you read it do you see one of the reasons why I had to sign up and read the book? Hello copious swearing! Now by now if you have read my reviews you know me and swear words go hand in hand so after reading that warning did you even have any doubt that I would love Katherine In Gold?

Okay this is going to hopefully be short a
Three Chicks
Jul 08, 2015 Three Chicks rated it really liked it

4.5 Fantastic stars b Jen Skewes

Katherine in Gold is the second installment in The Beachy Bride series but can be read as a stand alone. I loved this book and I think this just may be my favorite JB Hartnett book. I love the stories that she tells and the characters that she creates. This is Katherine’s story, who we first met in Bride in Bloom.

Katherine is a strong, independent and feisty woman. But underneath that exterior is a woman who is broken. She was hurt so badly 13 years ago by someon
Melissa Mendoza
Jun 15, 2015 Melissa Mendoza rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“The sun had already set, leaving that beautiful dusky hue of dark peach and purple on the horizon. When there was a lull in the traffic, I could hear the waves roll in and out, but standing in that alley with Mark, I knew I was very much alone.”

Loved, loved, loved this book!! The characters are totally beautiful and well written. The story was very well developed and there was nothing I can really say negative regarding this book!

After a heartbrea
Cassie Brooker
Jul 16, 2015 Cassie Brooker rated it it was amazing
Katherine In Gold by J.B. Hartnett
5 Stars!! I loved this book and it was beautifully written. Kept me turning the page.

I started this book not having a clue what it was about. I was glad I kept reading and fell in love with Katherine when I first met her! Witty, strong willed and independent woman is my kind of girl!
She takes on the world or at least the town and goes into a business venture with a man she just met. A huge risk to take but she does like him, a little.

Katherine hides what really
Marissa
Jul 07, 2015 Marissa rated it really liked it
Kindle Copy for Review

We all have secrets some deeper that shapes who we become.

At twenty Katherine Symes has to let experienced heartache and vows not t let another man in. She has a potty mouth and does not make excuses how she lives her life. Katherine does not want marriage or children and has decided to open up a café.

On her best friend’s engagement, she meets a handsome but annoying stranger who pushes her button. Later on, a mutual acquaintance introduces them together and soon of he beco
Joanna
Tissues-0
Value-5
Overall Rating- 5
Reviewed by Joanna

The love between Katherine and Holst was unbelievably … SEXY!
She meets Holst but acts like she likes him. She has walls around her heart and doesn’t want to allow anyone in. Something in her past has caused her to be this way, and Holst sees t
Badass Bloggettes

WOW is this book sexy.

I must admit that I did not read Bride in Bloom were you first meet Katherin, but I didn’t feel at any time reading this book that you needed to read it.

I love Katherine, she is that type of character that say’s it how it is, no holds barred, she is not afraid to let someone know how she feels about them. Katherine meets Holst but instead of pretending that she doesn’t like him to make him chase her more, she is open and lets him know that she is attracted to him and let’s
Books Laid Bare
Jul 09, 2015 Books Laid Bare rated it it was amazing
Pure Gold!!!
If you have the chance please read Bride in Bloom before you read this – it adds a depth of characterization to the story but if you don’t then I have to say you will be dished up a cast of characters that will leave you with one almighty smile on your face and a few that will have you reaching for the vodka!
The book is so emotive that finding the right words to describe it is almost impossible. Please note I did say almost!
The book is funny.
It is angsty.
And it will make you feel b
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
It all starts with a dress. Katherine in Gold is another wonderful book by JB Hartnett. I am loving this series so much I barely have words to describe my love. These characters are so funny, broken, loving, sexy, smart, sassy, crude and just awesome. JB Hartnett writing is flawless and she has this unique way of combining humor, angst, sex and love that makes is the perfect combination. I haven't laughed this much since Bride in Bloom. Somehow these two books have come to me at the perfect time ...more
Court
Jul 12, 2015 Court rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015, fun
Shel: As you may know, we read both books in this series back to back and they compliment each other really well. As companion novels, they feature the same characters, with a focus on a new couple, and the beauty of that is getting more intel on the characters you met in the previous book, right? RIGHT!! Plus, if you haven't read book 1, it's okay because you'll get the details you'll need to know early on in the book. Court: Exactly! Which is why companion series are my absolute favorite. Our ...more
  • Hope (Choices, #3)
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Lean on Me (Take My Hand, #3)
  • Breaking Skin
  • Captive Films 2.2
  • Behind the Lens (Sexy, #1)
  • Finding Forever (Living Again, #4)
  • Pressure Point (Point, #2)
  • Vipers Den: Part One Piper & Kade (Viper's Den, #1)
  • Lie To Me (Sexual Misconduct #3)
  • Shadow Cursed (The Daughters of Darkness, #2)
  • Destructive Choices (Destructive, #2)
  • The Flesh Cartel, Season 1: Damnation
  • Diamonds and Toads: A Modern Fairy Tale
  • Scarred
  • Forgiving Gia (Rocker, #2)
  • His (Hers, #4)
Julie is a southern California native, a fan of a really good story (preferably a romance with a happily ever after), really good pie (preferably pumpkin)and copious amounts of coffee (preferably Folgers).

She has always enjoyed writing and at one time thought she might be a singer/songwriter. The 'writer' part is that one that stuck.

Julie is obsessed with Pi...the equation and the food. She's alle
More about J.B. Hartnett...

The Beachy Bride (2 books)
  • Bride in Bloom (The Beachy Bride, #1)