Start by marking “Never Standing Still (The Never Series, #4)” as Want to Read:
Never Standing Still (The Never Series, #4)

Never Standing Still (Never #4)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  274 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
Kalli Rivers is a woman with the weight of the world on her shoulders. Tragic loss and unfortunate circumstance left her with more responsibility than she was ever prepared for, but she managed to build a good life and keeps her eyes focused on her top priority – even if it means she’s putting herself last.
Riot Bentley is the hot new actor trying to work hard and make it b
Published May 12th 2015

Olga therebelreader
“I wasn’t ever going to give up, Kal, but I was starting to think you were gone for good,” he whispered in my ear, his fingers gently squeezing my neck.

“I never thought I’d come back either,” I said against his chest. “There are a lot of things that keep me from being happy, but the biggest one is just me. I have to let that go, let go of the fear of losing love, or having love taken from me.” … “Love is supposed to make us feel good, not make us afraid.” … “I’m so tired of being afraid.”

“I’m n
~Mindy Lynn~
Amazon freebie 7/25/17
Kl
Aug 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Dana Hagel
Cliffhanger!!!

This book was okay. The heroine got on my nerves. I would have liked it more if it didn't end on a cliffhanger, I refuse to buy the next book!!!
Meka Weaver
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 stars
4 flames

Wow. I am totally wrecked right now. Beautiful. Amazing. Fantastic. The story line was incredible, so believable.

Kalli spent her life keeping a distance from everyone. After her dad left when she was little. She does not make friends or do boyfriends. With a job that keeps her moving. She never stands still. When tragedy strikes she is left with putting someone else needs above all others. Kalli will do it for him. Even if loving anyone else will never happen.

Kalli was rough
Kelly
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Never Standing Still by the very talented Anie Michaels is absolutely without a doubt fantastic!!!
Kalli and Riot
Where do I even start? I fell in love with Kalli and Riot's story from the very beginning. They are two very genuine people. These characters are very real and you can feel their emotions throughout the entire book. The way Anie Michaels writes, she places the reader right into the story. The story flows very nicely and kept my attention the entire time. To be honest, I couldn't put m
Rachel Hendry
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I'm not sure where to start with this review.....
This book simply had all the feels a great book needs....Kalli never stands still...no outside love...no relationships...no attachments that is until Riot. Riot was a fantastic character...strong...resilient....kind & caring, he was everything you want in a male lead and he never let Kalli forget him...he was tenacious enough that she had no choice but to give in....eventually.
But in the midst of this book their was one star for me and t
Jen Wildner
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Where to start? Anie Michaels knows what she's doing, that's for sure. I've read a few of her other books and loved them so reading this one was a no brainer. But wow, you are taken for a ride with Kalli and Riot and it's not a pretty one! I loved both Kalli and Riot from the very beginning and I couldn't wait for them to get it together. But what kind of story would that be? So we are taken on a roller coaster of emotions, not only from them but our emotions are everywhere as well! And just whe ...more
HG7
Damn, that was a great story! I love any book that has me thinking about all day long. I'm just going about my day, and the story just keeps playing a movie in my head...Love those books....although I'm heartbroken that it had to happen that way. What a well done tortured soul and a guy that wouldn't give up. That Riot is some good people, and ah, yum! If we could all be so lucky to be tied to that rope..but what a tragic ending. 23 days to find out the rest. now that will be torture.
Cassandra Smith
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
oh.my.gosh.

I love Anie Michaels books. I have read alot of them. this one is my favorite thus far. this book takes you on an emotional roller coaster that you won't want to stop reading. I bust up laughing at some parts, and had my heart ripped apart by others....
loved it
Keisha
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Paula
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read by this author and I am definitely putting her on my list. Can't wait for December 29 to read 'Never Tied Down'.
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Anie Michaels is such a fabulous writer. Reading one of her books is such a joy for the senses. We met Kalli in the other books in the Never Series and she has always intrigued me. Something about her quietness always made you think she was holding herself back even from her best friend, Ella. Kalli has a lot of baggage that she carries with her and it's heartbreaking. She's successful and travels for work, but she rushes home to care for her brother and doesn't really live her life for herself. ...more
Patricia
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Never Standing Still is part of the Never series by Anie Michaels. It is the story of Ella’s good friend Kalli. It is book one of the Never duet within the series. Kalli has a life she keeps to herself. Her responsibilities weigh heavy on her, to the point that she keeps everyone at arm’s length and never lets a man into her heart. That is until she meets Riot. Struggling with her feelings and responsibilities, keeps Kalli questioning everything she does and feels. The end of the book unexpected ...more
Samatha Lepaio
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy, as much as I loved this book and the story, Kalli annoyed the hell out of me. Okay, yeah you have a brother with a disability, but putting him before your own happiness can only get you so far, trust me I know, my own brother is disabled. And the way she always doubted Riot really pissed me off, and how she hid Marcus' existence from her close friends made it seem like she was embarrassed. Yeah, I get it, you don't want pity from everyone you tell but I mean, you should at least tell peo ...more
Crystal
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great novel. I didn't read the first three but this book can stand alone as it develops the main characters and the supporting ones. This book was an easy read but also a very interesting one. I couldn't put it down!
Liza
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW

Definitely not my last book of Anie Michaels. This was beautifully written. A little pain at the end but you'll definitely be wanting more. I, myself, need more Riot in my life. Sigh.
Andrea C.
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“We could be so wonderful,” he said, his voice so low and pleading"

This book is one of the most transparent and honest books I've read, emotions and feelings are so clear, the characters are adorable, the situations are very credible and love has a new meaning! The story of these characters is full of different emotions, each page takes you to a new deep feeling and in some beautiful moments.

"Kissing Riot on this bench in the middle of a deserted parking lot wasn’t a race to get each other’s clo
Red Cheeks Reads
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
TWO WORDS. RIOT BENTLEY.
SIGH.

I love him so hard. It’s funny, his name that is. It completely contradicts his personality.He is sweet, so sweet. While my first choice is a sometimes over-bearing alpha male book boyfriends but I fell so hard for Riot. He is sweet, caring he’s playful with hints of a cocky side to him sometimes. He’s honest, hot and did I mention I love him?

“He was absolutely breathtaking. His eyes. My God, his eyes. I’d never seen eyes that color. They were golden, a shiny carame
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Anie has done it once again...she has cut deeply into my heart with another emotional ride and I love her for it. Her writing is flawless and beautiful. You meet Kalli throughout the Never Series but you do not need to read it to read her story.

Kalli is a costume designer and takes her all over the place for work on T.V and movie sets but the one that changes her life happens to be a last minute job on a music video. When she meet the male lead for the video she feels something there but she is
Becca
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never Standing Still is my favorite Anie Michaels book to date. From the moment I started reading I could tell this book was going to take me for a ride on a rollercoaster of emotions, but the direction Anie Michaels took Kalli’s story was completely unexpected. I loved every twist and turn of this heartfelt story, finding myself unable to stop reading. Kalli and Riot have a chemistry that absolutely smolders, giving Never Standing Still an intensity that is utterly addictive.

Kalli was everythi
Amy Shelton
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions in return for a fair and honest review.

Kalli lived a glamourous life to those that didn’t know her. She was responsible for dressing artists for tv shows, movies, and videos which involved shopping, lots of it and meeting famous celebrities. Little did she know that her job would put her in touch with an up and coming actor, Riot, who she couldn’t keep herself from. He was different. He wanted to break down her walls and get to know the
Denise
Oct 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have purposely not write a review after I read it so I could fully think it through. To be honest, as I am writing this review, I started at the end first like a person reads the book's ending first before reading the first chapter.

First of all, I'm grateful for the opportunity to have read Never Standing Still in exchange for an honest review! I saw a lot of great feedback on Goodreads; needing tissues because it was a very emotional ride. I couldn't be more excited to start reading the book!
ByoBook Club
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

When Kalli Rivers is hired as the costume designer for the latest "It" girl's music video, she is thrilled! She knows what a great opportunity it is for her career and is prepared to work hard and prove herself. What Kalli doesn't count on is Riot Bentley, the video's male lead. He is an up and coming model and actor with an eye for Kalli. Riot soon learns that Kalli has high walls built up and breaking through them might be harder than he thought.
Erin
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it

Sheila Schoenauer
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty interesting book, definitely not what I was expecting. Kallie is a 29 year old costume designer who constantly travels for her job. She has a very private home life and doesn't let anyone in. Riot is a 27 year old model/actor slowly making an place for himself in Hollywood. They meet on a set for a music video and instantly feel a connection. Kallie however pushes him away because she doesn't let anyone in. As much as I can respect that I wasn't a huge fan of hers because of th ...more
Barbara
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-story
I enjoyed this bittersweet love story between Kalli and Riot. Kalli is a costume designer and meets Riot a model/actor on the set of a rock band’s video. It is instant attraction for both of them; although, Kalli is not interested in developing any relationships. She is all about her work and any free time is spent rushing back to her home to be with and care for her brother Marcus. She is the only family he has and the responsibility of this weighs heavily on her shoulders.

Riot is persistent an
Stephanie Burch
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Never Standing Still and my heart is completely broken. This book has destroyed my heart. As a once single parent of a special needs child I have felt several of the feelings that Kalli had concerning her brother. Riot is an amazing man. Their story is so heartbreaking to me. As much as my heart is hurting right now, I highly recommend reading.
Lynn Smith
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I receive a ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Book one of the Never Duet series

Kalli didn't do relationships. She had no problems sleeping with the men but she didn't want them staying around. When she gets a call for a job as a wardrobe manager for a video shoot she never thought how her life would change. When she meets Riot Bentley there is something about him that draws her in. Riot does everything possible to get close to Kalli. Because of her past Kalli keeps parts of
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Anie Michaels is the author of the Never series, the Privates serial, the Love and Loss series, and stand-alone novels The Space Between Us and Instead of You. She started writing her first novel in June 2013 and hasn’t looked back since. Working at home as a full-time writer of books, when she is not pounding on the keyboard she can be found reading, playing with her kids, spending time with her ...more
More about Anie Michaels...

Never (6 books)
  • Never Close Enough (The Never, #1)
  • Never Far Away (The Never, #2)
  • Never Giving Up (The Never, #3)
  • Never Tied Down (The Never, #5)
  • Never With You (The Never Series, #6)