Start by marking “Never Standing Still (The Never Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Standing Still (The Never Duet, #1)

Never Standing Still (The Never Duet #1)

4.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  161 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
This is a spin off duet for Kalli from The Never Series. This book can be read without reading any previous Never books. The book is part of a duet, so the final conclusion will come at the end of book 2.

I’ve spent my life avoiding attachments. I learned early on, from the person who should have loved me most, I only drag others down. So instead, I made it my goal to live
Published May 12th 2015 (first published May 8th 2015)

Olga therebelreader
“I wasn’t ever going to give up, Kal, but I was starting to think you were gone for good,” he whispered in my ear, his fingers gently squeezing my neck.

“I never thought I’d come back either,” I said against his chest. “There are a lot of things that keep me from being happy, but the biggest one is just me. I have to let that go, let go of the fear of losing love, or having love taken from me.” … “Love is supposed to make us feel good, not make us afraid.” … “I’m so tired of being afraid.”

“I’m n
Kelly M (Iowa Gal)
Apr 10, 2015 Kelly M (Iowa Gal) rated it it was amazing
Never Standing Still by the very talented Anie Michaels is absolutely without a doubt fantastic!!!
Kalli and Riot
Where do I even start? I fell in love with Kalli and Riot's story from the very beginning. They are two very genuine people. These characters are very real and you can feel their emotions throughout the entire book. The way Anie Michaels writes, she places the reader right into the story. The story flows very nicely and kept my attention the entire time. To be honest, I couldn't put m
Meka Weaver
Apr 26, 2016 Meka Weaver rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 stars
4 flames

Wow. I am totally wrecked right now. Beautiful. Amazing. Fantastic. The story line was incredible, so believable.

Kalli spent her life keeping a distance from everyone. After her dad left when she was little. She does not make friends or do boyfriends. With a job that keeps her moving. She never stands still. When tragedy strikes she is left with putting someone else needs above all others. Kalli will do it for him. Even if loving anyone else will never happen.

Kalli was rough
Rachel Hendry
May 13, 2015 Rachel Hendry rated it it was amazing
Ok so I'm not sure where to start with this review.....
This book simply had all the feels a great book needs....Kalli never stands still...no outside love...no relationships...no attachments that is until Riot. Riot was a fantastic character...strong...resilient....kind & caring, he was everything you want in a male lead and he never let Kalli forget him...he was tenacious enough that she had no choice but to give in....eventually.
But in the midst of this book their was one star for me and t
Jen Wildner
Oct 12, 2015 Jen Wildner rated it it was amazing
Where to start? Anie Michaels knows what she's doing, that's for sure. I've read a few of her other books and loved them so reading this one was a no brainer. But wow, you are taken for a ride with Kalli and Riot and it's not a pretty one! I loved both Kalli and Riot from the very beginning and I couldn't wait for them to get it together. But what kind of story would that be? So we are taken on a roller coaster of emotions, not only from them but our emotions are everywhere as well! And just whe ...more
HG7
Damn, that was a great story! I love any book that has me thinking about all day long. I'm just going about my day, and the story just keeps playing a movie in my head...Love those books....although I'm heartbroken that it had to happen that way. What a well done tortured soul and a guy that wouldn't give up. That Riot is some good people, and ah, yum! If we could all be so lucky to be tied to that rope..but what a tragic ending. 23 days to find out the rest. now that will be torture.
Paula
Dec 06, 2015 Paula rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read by this author and I am definitely putting her on my list. Can't wait for December 29 to read 'Never Tied Down'.
Cassandra Smith
Jan 01, 2016 Cassandra Smith rated it it was amazing
oh.my.gosh.

I love Anie Michaels books. I have read alot of them. this one is my favorite thus far. this book takes you on an emotional roller coaster that you won't want to stop reading. I bust up laughing at some parts, and had my heart ripped apart by others....
loved it
Keisha
Jan 01, 2016 Keisha rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 29, 2015 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
WOW! I'm not even sure where to start with this amazing story. Kalli has spent her life avoiding any attachments that have the power to hurt her. No men, and very few friendships with anyone so she doesn't affect anyone else, as she believes that she only brings people down. That has been working for her until a new job brings face to face with Riot, a man, who sets out to change all of that. Slowly but surely he's tearing down all her walls, and she doesn't know how to handle it all. But will s ...more
ByoBook Club
May 22, 2015 ByoBook Club rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

When Kalli Rivers is hired as the costume designer for the latest "It" girl's music video, she is thrilled! She knows what a great opportunity it is for her career and is prepared to work hard and prove herself. What Kalli doesn't count on is Riot Bentley, the video's male lead. He is an up and coming model and actor with an eye for Kalli. Riot soon learns that Kalli has high walls built up and breaking through them might be harder than he thought.
Erin
May 19, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it

Lynn Smith
May 15, 2015 Lynn Smith rated it it was amazing
I receive a ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Book one of the Never Duet series

Kalli didn't do relationships. She had no problems sleeping with the men but she didn't want them staying around. When she gets a call for a job as a wardrobe manager for a video shoot she never thought how her life would change. When she meets Riot Bentley there is something about him that draws her in. Riot does everything possible to get close to Kalli. Because of her past Kalli keeps parts of
Red Cheeks Reads
May 15, 2015 Red Cheeks Reads rated it it was amazing
TWO WORDS. RIOT BENTLEY.
SIGH.

I love him so hard. It’s funny, his name that is. It completely contradicts his personality.He is sweet, so sweet. While my first choice is a sometimes over-bearing alpha male book boyfriends but I fell so hard for Riot. He is sweet, caring he’s playful with hints of a cocky side to him sometimes. He’s honest, hot and did I mention I love him?

“He was absolutely breathtaking. His eyes. My God, his eyes. I’d never seen eyes that color. They were golden, a shiny carame
Becca
May 15, 2015 Becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never Standing Still is my favorite Anie Michaels book to date. From the moment I started reading I could tell this book was going to take me for a ride on a rollercoaster of emotions, but the direction Anie Michaels took Kalli’s story was completely unexpected. I loved every twist and turn of this heartfelt story, finding myself unable to stop reading. Kalli and Riot have a chemistry that absolutely smolders, giving Never Standing Still an intensity that is utterly addictive.

Kalli was everythi
Sirenda
May 10, 2015 Sirenda rated it really liked it
This was the first books of Anie's that I've ever read, it won't be the last. I LOVED this story, and now I really really want to go read her other "Never" books to get more of the background on some of the supporting characters in this book. Kalli and Riot's story was AMAZING. I loved how real it all felt. I REALLY REALLY wanted to reach into this book and shake Kalli more then a few times. I thought this book showed incredible depth, and I loved that it wasn't the guy that was "damaged" and co ...more
Hooked On Books
May 08, 2015 Hooked On Books rated it it was amazing
Let me first say wow just when you don't think it can get any better anie has a way of blowing your mind. I absolutely loved meeting kalli through porter and Ella but reading her book was amazing.

Kalli is a very different person than she is portrayed to be in the never series, there are so many layers to this broken woman. She has so many walls built up around herself she doesn't know how to let anyone in except her bestie Ella and Megan. That is until she's offered an amazing opportunity to dre
Book Junky Girls
May 07, 2015 Book Junky Girls rated it it was amazing
We met Kalli in the Never Series and while she was there she was always a bit of a mystery, now we find out why. As we learn about her and her life you fall even more in love with her and want to see her find happiness even though there are times you want to shake her for being a bit dense.

She is sweet and caring for everyone around her even though she sometimes forgets about herself in all the chaos that is her life.

Riot is the true star of this story and if you love Kalli you love him even mor
Erin
Dec 27, 2015 Erin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I LOVE this book! I am so in love with Kalli and Riot. I loved Kalli’s character from The Never Series. She was very intriguing and caught my attention. I am so happy that she got her story. Kalli’s story has devastation written all over it. It is so emotional. If you don’t cry, you don’t have a feeling in your body. Kalli is a very fierce character. By that I mean that she is very sure of herself and her place in life. She has been dealt a sh*t hand and has come out the other side a better pers ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 24, 2015 Nerdy Dirty & Flirty rated it really liked it

Keri
Oct 07, 2015 Keri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many feels

This story was pretty intense. I had no idea Kalli was keeping such a big secret from everyone. An understandable secret though. She went through quite a lot of horrible things up to adulthood. Then Riot comes in and turns everything around and upside down in her life. She didn't know what she was doing. Happy as can be one moment and with the flip of a switch she was the most unhappy she'd been in ages. This happened many times too and Riot was always there waiting for her with ope
Kim
May 04, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing

Endearing! Never Standing Still was a sweet and enjoyable story. Kalli has never been able to count on anyone she loves to stay in her life. As such she thinks that she doesn’t love very easily. Kalli really does love very deeply and hard, she just refuses to admit it anyone and most especially herself. Kalli has built a world that keeps the outside away from her home life, including her friends.

Kalli meets Riot on the set of one of her jobs. Riot is pure sunshine for Kalli. Once Kalli has the
Amy
May 16, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read one of those books that completely sucks you in, when it has the capability of making you forget about the problems in real life?
"Never Standing Still" is one of those books, it accomplished that for me almost instantaneously, within the first few pages of starting to read it. It sucked me in, in a wonderful way.
Such a range of emotions: from happiness to sadness and angst to amusement.. you will also experience confusion, anger... maybe even tears (I did!)
It's such an emoti
Julie Barrett
May 14, 2015 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
Wow! Never Standing Still is quite simply an amazing book that had me gripped from start to finish. It is heart wrenching, the raw emotion in it had me in tears at times. At other times it had me smiling at tender moments and flashes of humour. Anie Michaels has penned a wonderful story, the quality of the writing is high and just shines from the pages. I believe this is a spinoff from another series - I haven't read that series but I still really enjoyed this book and followed it easily. I love ...more
Andrea •Romantic Mess•
Oct 30, 2015 Andrea •Romantic Mess• rated it it was amazing
“We could be so wonderful,” he said, his voice so low and pleading"

This book is one of the most transparent and honest books I've read, emotions and feelings are so clear, the characters are adorable, the situations are very credible and love has a new meaning! The story of these characters is full of different emotions, each page takes you to a new deep feeling and in some beautiful moments.

"Kissing Riot on this bench in the middle of a deserted parking lot wasn’t a race to get each other’s clo
☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR
Oct 25, 2015 ☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR rated it it was amazing
Well what can I say other than Riot Bentley!! ~thud~
Such a total marshmallow! I adore his sweet compassion, I love his all consuming passion and I crave more of his utter devotion!

This story is about loving yourself, moving on with life after tragedy strikes, forgiving yourself, and redemption.

Kalli is the heroine in this story and feels like she carries to much baggage to ever be in a loving relationship let along a friendship. The burden she carries is mainly all in her mind, and I'm really n
Becky Minor
May 27, 2015 Becky Minor rated it it was amazing
I had the extreme pleasure of reading this amazing book for an honest review..

5 stars all the way

Carol
Apr 05, 2016 Carol rated it liked it
I was so excited to read this book because I have absolutely loved everything of this authors that I have read. The Never series is one of my all time favorites. I have to say that this one was a disappointment. I did think Riot was the exception to this book. He is everything you want as a book boy friend. As for Kalli I didn't like her in any way. She came across as a bitch IMO.
I get she felt responsible for her brother but the way she was acting just was to over the top. She never gave anyon
Sarah - Vanilla Twist Reads
Nov 18, 2015 Sarah - Vanilla Twist Reads rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was more than I thought it would be Kalli Rivers learnt the hard way that in life you can only rely on yourself but that's not true you have to have faith, love and trust in others not only yourself.

Kali doesn't let many people into her life and keeps her biggest love her brother a secret from many as she doesn't want him hurt like she has been but when Riot Brantley walks into her life she faces the struggles of wanting him but also pushing him away inorder to protect herself and
Barbara
May 13, 2015 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-story
I enjoyed this bittersweet love story between Kalli and Riot. Kalli is a costume designer and meets Riot a model/actor on the set of a rock band’s video. It is instant attraction for both of them; although, Kalli is not interested in developing any relationships. She is all about her work and any free time is spent rushing back to her home to be with and care for her brother Marcus. She is the only family he has and the responsibility of this weighs heavily on her shoulders.

Riot is persistent an
  • High Stakes Seduction - Book 5
  • The Shadows Series
  • Torn to Pieces (The Boys of DownCrash, #2)
  • Buried Notes (Chasing Cross, #4; Brothers of Rock, #4)
  • Blurred Lines: Volumes 1-4 (Blurred Lines, #1-4)
  • Rockstar Romance Boxed Set
  • Caitlin's Hero (League of Love, #1)
  • Deceitfully (Sinfully #3)
  • Unforgettable (Always #2)
  • Silver Bella (Mercenary/Goddard Project #1)
  • Blackmailed by the Billionaire Brewer (Passion Creek)
  • Confused by Love
  • Everlasting Love (Sulfur Heights, #6)
  • Marrying the Preacher's Daughter
  • Derrick (The Single Daddy Club #1)
  • Until Now (Just You, #3)
  • A Place for Cliff (Dominion of Brothers, #2)
  • Who's Holding the Baby?
32. Mom. Married. Excited about writing. I love hearing from readers!
More about Anie Michaels...

The Never Duet (2 books)
  • Never Tied Down (The Never Duet, #2)