Start by marking “Last Man: The Show (Last Man, #4)” as Want to Read:
Last Man: The Show (Last Man, #4)

Last Man: The Show

(Last Man #4)

Marianne Velba won't stop until she finds out why Richard Aldana had left the Valley of Kings. She and her son Adrian track the champion fighter into another universe and arrive in Paxtown, an illustrious modern megalopolis, where something sinister lurks behind the glitz and glam.

In order to answer burning questions about Richard's past, they enlist in the Fighting Fists
Published February 16th 2016 by First Second (first published March 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Last Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Man

Start your review of Last Man: The Show (Last Man, #4)
David Schaafsma
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, gn-european
The fourth volume in a French adventure manga constructed by a video gamer, an animator and a comics guy, so it draws on all these elements. In this one, Marianne and Adrian chase Richard Aldana to Paxtown, a sort of Vegas or Monte Carlo crime-syndicated controlled fighting capitol. We meet the exotic Tomie, Aldana's ex, who looks a little like the curvy cartoonish Jessica from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. And why is we have to have a brothel in this story, as many French comics seems to feature?
Sebastien
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lastman series continues! I'm addicted, I've fallen in love with the art and storytelling. Really weird quirky and unique visual style which I find expertly drawn. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine!

Characters are engaging, various mysteries and subplots, I lose myself in this world (which is a good thing!).
First Second Books
Mar 11, 2016 marked it as first-second-publications
The Last Man series continues -- as action-packed as ever! We think that this series is just delightful -- it's like potato chips.

You can't read just one!
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this volume! Plot unfolding and thickening, characters being great, art remains fluid and emotive.
Céline NARICADOU
J'adore les dessins, les cadrages!! C'est trop bien. Et le scénar est génial!!
Nicola Mansfield
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This French manga just continues to hold its excellent appeal. Continuing on this whole volume centers on Richard, Marianne and Adrian being caught in Paxtown where they all are competing in a live ultimate fighting-type tag team tournament under duress. Paxton is a mega-opolis society with undertones of Judge Dredd and Hunger Games and Richard remains as elusively mysterious as ever as more layers are added to the plot. Other characters from Marianne's homeland arrive and new characters are ...more
Kate Atherton
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Am I tiring of this series or is it getting worse? Aldana truly proves his Han Solo ways in this fourth installment of 'Last Man' in which it's clear he's a sell out gambler who originally went to the Valley to get some money to pay off some debt....or did we know that before? Now Marianne and Adrian are in a BIG city world (like Couruscant) and in another tournament of sorts....more like boxing or WWE but it becomes clear to us readers that no one here has powers and no one seems to get that ...more
Destiny Henderson
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
As always, the artwork is beautiful. But Adrian acts way too young to be a 12-year-old, and the women are always drawn with sensuality to the point that no matter how close, far away, or contrived there's a cleavage shot. There are some cocaine references, and a character is seen snorting it (only the top of the straw is shown; the substance is hidden).

On the plus side, the story continues to be interesting, looking at the seedy, underground world of a mixture of pro-wrestling and boxing.
Jurassic Skjaldmö
On avance dans l'intrigue et malgré tout je n'arrive pas vraiment à comprendre l'univers, ce que l'auteur veut en faire. J'apprécie toujours ma lecture.
petit
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, bd
(3,8)
Yongyoon
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
It was just exposition. Let's hope the next one delivers.
OpenBookSociety.com
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scott

The Show
Vol. 4 of The Last Man
Balak + Sanlaville + Vives
Brought to you by OBS Reviewer Scott

Review:

Once again, this volume of The Last Man saga relies on knowledge of the previous three volumes. The fights are on and the plot thickens in this latest installment The Show. The reader, in this volume, is taken on a ride with new characters, new plot developments and new crises. The team of Balak, Saniville and Vives, have upped the ante in this spellbinding
Barbara
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I absolutely couldn't wait to read this graphic novel, part of the Last Man series. Now that I've finished it, I'm very sad that I have to wait for the next one. Ah, well, anticipation isn't necessarily bad when you have such an incredible story line and intriguing characters to anticipate! Richard Aldana and Marianne and Adrian Velba are all in Paxton, which is not the most attractive of towns. Addicts lie on the city's streets, and evil seems to seethe at its core. Richard has come into the ...more
Lisa
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Fourth in the Last Man series, the story starts backstage with a star named Tomie. She is a voluptuous babe in sunglasses who smokes and has many people at her beck and call. She is stalked by paparazzi and needs bodyguards to avoid the dangerous drug addicts that inhabit every corner on the streets of this planet’s metropolis. Marianne and Adrian are seeking an audience with the disgraced boxer who is “run” by the drug lord. It’s not a nice bunch. They are setting up the fight of the year and ...more
Danielle Booey
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series continues to be excellent. I enjoyed the further adventures of Marianne and Adrianne in Paxton as they continued their pursuit of Richard Aldana. A more complicated web is revealed in this volume as parts of Aldana's past come forward and demand to be confronted. A few new characters are introduced as well including the slimy Milo and Richard's ex-wife(?!), Tomie. Adrianne continues to be the cutest thing around and every time Marianne unleashes a summoning and kicks someone's butt I ...more
Christina Taylor
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sequential-art
Although the quality is excellent, I cannot recommend this series for purchase by a school library because of thematic elements that might invite challenge - profanity, sexual content, sexual violence, nudity, drug consumption, and organized crime. Albeit these topics are tastefully navigated and are neither glorified nor condoned by the narrative, their prominence escalates as the series progresses.
Janet Arroyo
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Bastien Vives and Goodreads First Reads for my free copy of " The Show". Wow, what a great graphic novel. The artwork is fantastic. I loved the storyline especially the mother and son tag team in their effort to find and fight the evil. I have 3 son's so I really liked this novel. Mom's can kick butt too. Lol. This is definitely a great read. My son's love it too. Having the graphics also encourage my family to explore our artsy side. Job well done!
Jason
Though it is so different from the setting in which we have become accustomed, Vives manages to keep us hooked with an ever-thickening plot. We learn more about Aldana and what he was trying to get away from by escaping to the Valley, Cristo moves from being a villain to a hero (though we still don't know what motivates him), and Adrian develops his fighting skills and hold his own against some formidable opponents (along with his amazing mother).
miha ha
Mar 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, stripi, fantazija
Spet se bojo tepl, nov turnir se začenja :)

Najbol sta mi pa še vedno všeč Adrian in njegova mama, tko fino je navijat zanju, ker tamal je čist navdušen da se uči nove napade, nasprotniki so pa zmer taki butli da jih je fino videt pretepene in začudene nad porazom :)

Hehe, sj ni neko kvalitetno čtivo, ma je pa vseeno fino.
Brittany
Aug 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: not-ya-approved
I thought the language and the drug use in this book was uncalled for. I think that there are places for this type of material, but not a YA graphic novel. I felt as though this were something intended for your "new" adults. I will say once you figured out the story and pace of the author that the story was worth reading, but I cannot approve it for purchase for a Teen (YA) library.
Etienne
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Grand retour dans l'action, par contre l'histoire commence déjà a voir envie de prendre une tournure répétitive. Toujours divertissant, mais un développement devrait surgir rapidement pour garder l'histoire captivante!
Andy
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This may be the best book in the series thus far. We know what's happened in the series up until now and everything we've learned has significance, yet we're not sure (or at least I'm not sure) where it's going. Fast-paced and engaging.
Dina Rahajaharison
"Maman ? Tu m'apprendras l'invocation de l'école des cieux ?"
Sebastien
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J'aime le rythme de cette histoire ,nous poussant à vouloir en savoir plus. Le personnage d'Adrien est adorable et rafraîchissant comme personnage d'enfant ,juste assez naïf et curieux.

Six
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am enjoying this. Reads very different from American comics.
Fugo Feedback
No es el mejor tomo de la serie pero sigue siendo muy entretenido, tremendamente bien dibujado, y con calcomanías divinas :D
Audre
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
finally ! the hunt is over ! mariane and adrian are goingbto kick everyone ! it's so cool !
Random
Oct 20, 2016
Carl
May 15, 2019
Anne LANTERI
Feb 27, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Le Gourmet solitaire
  • Et si l'amour c'était aimer
  • Nouvelles sous ecstasy
  • Le Journal D'Un Fou
  • La métamorphose
  • Double assassinat dans la rue Morgue
  • 極主夫道 1 (Gokushufudou: The Way of the Househusband, #1)
  • Kick-Ass
  • Shangri-La
  • とんがり帽子のアトリエ 2 特装版 [Tongari bōshi no atelier 2 Limited Edition]
  • L'âge d'or (L'âge d'or #1)
  • PTSD
  • とんがり帽子のアトリエ 1 [Tongari bōshi no atelier 1]
  • Berserk, Vol. 4
  • Berserk, Vol. 6
  • Berserk, Vol. 5
  • Loba Loca #1
  • Loba Loca #2
Balak est le pseudo du dessiner de BD Yves Bigerel.

Last Man (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Last Man: The Stranger (Last Man, #1)
  • Last Man, Tome 2
  • Last Man: The Chase (Last Man, #3)
  • Last Man, Tome 5