Start by marking “Devotional: Erotic Stories for the Sensual Mind” as Want to Read:
Devotional: Erotic Stories for the Sensual Mind

Read Book

Devotional: Erotic Stories for the Sensual Mind

This collection from one of the most influential figures in the sex industry thrills readers with budding innocence, freeing adventures, and dangerous erotic games. The collection includes Bait and Switch, a tale of swapping that received the Antietam Review’s literary award.

Award-winning author Phil Harvey is the president of Adam & Eve, one of the world’s leading sup
Published February 3rd 2015 by Lost Coast Press

To ask other readers questions about Devotional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devotional

Marcy
May 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: firstreads
I received a free copy of this through the GoodReads First Reads program.

"Devotional" is a collection of short stories, most of them decent. The ones in the middle ("Bait and Switch," "Swimming Hole," and "In Charlie Stuart's Car") were the ones I preferred. The first couple left me a little worried that I'd have a difficult time finishing the collection.
Justine Wach
Jan 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Where do I even start?

I am totally a complete loss since the beginning of this book. I picked up this book right after I have finished reading Blue Screen of Death which by the way is totally phenomenal. So, I kind of have impression for this book to be as good as two books I have read before.

This book contains few stories about people experience in erotic so lets start with the first chapter. I think the first page and the first chapter is okay even for me, it is weird but of course, experience
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: sex
I believe the author wrote this book with the purpose of making it sound scattered and random, but I feel it came off as unorganized and disheveled. The stories were a bit confusing to grasp. I wasn't always sure what was being described, who was speaking, or what was being referenced. Re-reading portions of the story over and over again, became something that happened on every page.

The stories themselves, and what I understood from them, seemed to be entertaining though. Most were to bizarre an
Kayte
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
A collection of short stories with varying content. The author indicates they are a collection of erotic stories, but in reading through, less than half have an actual erotic bent to them.

Overall, the language is descriptive and well thought out, however, I think the collection is rather disjointed as an anthology. Several of the stories ended abruptly without any real conclusion when one could have been made with one or two additional pages of text.

Overall? 2/5 because what was there was well
Danielle Urban
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Phil Harvey's latest work, Devotional, is indeed an intriguing yet highly sensual read. Readers, such as adults, will enjoy reading this collection of fascinating stories. Each story has its own particular lure that will entice readers. I found this short masterpiece to be interesting, worldly and challenging in some ways. A well-written collection of fiction that will bring readers back every time. I enjoyed reading these and look forward to Phil Harvey's next brilliant piece. Overall, I highly ...more
Katie
Dec 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Sensual is the word for this book of short stories that explore the psychology of human relationships. These are stories set in varying time zones and settings, with some uninspiring characters. A few of these stories end abruptly and others give brief titillation. The sex is this book is both consensual and non consensual. A short book but amiable enough for a quick, light, read.
Lynn Demsky
Jan 31, 2016 rated it did not like it
This is truly a sad selection of absolutely non-erotic stories I have ever read! This isn't my normal type of reading but, Super ugh!
Melissa
Apr 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
The short stories were well written, but some left you confused. I only gave three stars because of the confusion.

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review via LibraryThing.
Lamar
Sharron
Connie
Jennifer Lessard
  • Demonizer Zilch, Vol. 1
  • The Leucine Factor Diet: The Scientifically-Proven Approach to Combat Sugar, Burn Fat and Build Muscle
  • Write in Me 5: Personal Journal 160 Pages Ruled Mandala
  • Dimension W, Vol. 1
  • Neophyte
  • Smut
  • Broken
  • Ghosts in the Graveyard
  • The Haunted House Diaries: The True Story of a Quiet Connecticut Town in the Center of a Paranormal Mystery
  • Escape from Ireland
  • Low Fat Recipes in 30 Minutes: A Low Fat Cookbook with Over 100 Quick & Easy Recipes
  • The Poetic Art of Seduction: Erotic Poetry Collection
  • Elle Burton and the Reflective Portals (Lessons from Fiori, #1)
  • My Brain Drives Me Crazy
  • When the Real Thing Comes Along
  • Young Heroes of the Caribbean
  • Annie & Me: "My Miracle"
  • Gas Money
description
Phil Harvey’s fiction has appeared in twenty-two literary magazines, including Phantasmagoria, which nominated one of his stories for a Pushcart Prize, and Antietam Review, which named another the winner of its annual contest. Most recently his work has appeared in The MacGuffin, Natural Bridge, and the Dos Passos Review.
Harvey’ nonfiction includes: Let Every Child Be Wanted, which drew praise fr