Start by marking “The Pitch (City Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Pitch (City Love, #2)

The Pitch

(City Love #2)

She's in a long-term, committed relationship. With her business.

Published May 28th 2015 by Momentum (Pan Macmillan)

To ask other readers questions about The Pitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pitch

Samantha
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just have one pitch to make and it is to the future readers of this book. The Pitch is charming, witty, and refreshing. Belinda Williams takes the reader through a journey many modern women face today, finding love while building their careers. The writing is solid, the story is relatable, and the characters are just darling. Due to giving me many moments of laughter, giving me a male character I couldn't help but love, and a female character I could easily relate to, The Pitch gets a solid 5 ...more
Ivy Deluca
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: _arc-reads
Madeline’s built her own company, Grounded Marketing at the expense of her own love life, but she’s okay with that. She’s driven and determined to stand on her own two feet. She’s facing the biggest pitch of her career, and Paul Neilsen, an established media giant, has volunteered to mentor her. And then, you guessed it, romance happens.

The Good, The Bad and Everything In Between

- Impressed with the writing : Ms. Williams is a new-to-me author, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I was expecting a
Juletta Gilge
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
**Copy provided by author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

This book was both romantic and cute while being serious.

photo tumblr_lsvp49ZRcR1r489flo1_500_zpsncu7r0k4.gif

I seriously was impressed with this author's writing style and her ability to keep me interested. Although the book got boring around the middle and at the very end, I really enjoyed reading this one.

Paul was a great counterpart to Maddy. They balanced each other well, but were both equals in the book. I liked that Paul respected Maddy's love and passion for her
Amy (Lost in a Good Book)
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Note: I was provided with a copy of this book from the publisher for review.

I truly and honestly can say I never was, nor ever thought I would be, a romance lover or someone who got excited and invested in a couple in a book but this book has momentarily changed that. What Belinda Williams has created her is a wonderful balance of clever writing, sweet but not sappy story, and real characters that feel like genuine people rather than stuck simply on a page.

Every aspect of this story feels so rea
Krissys
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: featured-books, star
The Pitch The Pitch (City Love #2) by Belinda Williams In three years Madeline Spencer has single-handedly grown her marketing agency, Grounded Marketing, into one of the country's fastest growing companies. But her success has been at the expense of her social life, and her girlfriends have had enough. They'll do whatever it takes, from speed dating to blind dates, to show her there's more to life than work.Only Maddy is having a hard time forgetting about her business. She's about to pitch for ...more
Sarah Black
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone.
Recommended to Sarah by: Found on NetGalley
FULL REVIEW AT www.sarahbooklover.co.uk
I loved every moment of this book, the characters are amazing from the leads to the minor characters. Each one has been written well and they are all unique, it makes the story flow and it is extremely addictive. Well it was for me, if you haven't read it you should.

Received my copy from NetGalley.
Anaïs
This review was originally posted on Fifty Shades of Books

4 out of 5 Stars

*** ARC granted in exchange for an honest review ***

Madeleine Spencer is the proud owner of an up-and-coming Sydney-based marketing agency at just 29 years, and she’s about to pitch to one of her biggest accounts. Landing this job would guarantee her spot amongst the big fish of the industry. To help her land this account, her well-connected father arranged for her to be mentored by Paul Nielsen, owner of a media company c
Nita Kohli
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

I loved this book! I went into this book not expecting much but boy oh boy this book really knocked me over. I did not expect to enjoy this book so much. I thought I might I like it but I had no idea that I would love it so much.

This book is about Madeline Spencer who is career oriented and has immersed herself totally in successfully building and running her marketing agency, Grounded Marketing. The agency i
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms Williams clever writing brings this story to life, and every aspect was a captivating read.

The excellent descriptive of the Sydney area as well as the local venues made me feel like I was a spectator due to her writing which brings the city to life.

The friendship between Maddy and her three very different quirky friends is fun, caring and loving even when there is brutal and total honesty that exists with these engaging characters and real life situations.

This slow burn romance is natural
Marsha Spohn
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Maddy doesn’t have time for romance, she doesn’t even have time for a date, let alone a relationship. She’s already married – to her company, Grounded Marketing. But her friends feel she needs something, well, more human to wrap her arms around. So the speed dating and blind dates start with little success and even less interest on Maddy’s part.

There is something more important on Maddy’s mind than dating. She will soon be facing a huge client possibility for he
Michelle
The Pitch is the second book in the City Love series which I foresee having four parts; it follows on from The Boyfriend Sessions which was published late last year. Yes, the stories are linked but don’t be put off if you haven’t read The Boyfriend Sessions because The Pitch will stand alone.

Maddy Spencer is the ambitious, career driven 29 year old owner of Grounded Marketing, a business that she has started, nurtured and brought to the brink of the big time. In just four years she has made it a
A Klue
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
(This review is based on ARC e-book received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.)

This “Down Under” romance takes place in Sydney, Australia, featuring Madeline, a beautiful 29 year old marketing entrepreneur, who falls for her older business mentor, Paul. Her father arranged for Paul to help Maddy, as she is known by friends and family, with a marketing pitch to sign on a large profitable new client. Still not quite emotionally healed four years after the end of a long term relation
LJT
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Belinda Williams has authored a fun and exciting novel with The Pitch, the second book from her City Love series. It is a captivating read, complete with an engaging storyline, well-defined characters and a complicated, yet heated romance. This story takes place in the land down under, specifically Sydney, plus the descriptive harbor settings, colloquialisms and venues, truly provide the reader with a genuine appreciation of the city and its inhabitants.

Madeline Spencer has worked her way up the
Anita Byars
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Belinda Williams is a excellent story teller. This is the first story of hers that I have read and I was captivated from the beginning to the end. She definitely has a new fan. Her clever writing brings this story to life, and every aspect was a joy to read.

The excellent descriptive of the Sydney area as well as the local venue made me feel like I had been transported there because her writing brings it to life.

The tight friend
Annabel Krantz
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love a good chick lit read (no surprise there!), and The Pitch was no disappointment. I immediately warmed to Maddy, with her business savvy and take-no-prisoners attitude. Her self-starter, a rapidly growing environmentally focused marketing business, was the kind of business I'm interested in, which probably attracted me to the book even more.

As the book progressed, Maddy did too. Her single minded work-attitude softened as she discovered the benefits of a work-life balance, and her friends
Sophie
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
After reading The Pitch , I realized that the majority of the books I had read over the last little while were in the New Adult genre, centring around characters still in university/college. Having long ago left my college years behind, it was a nice change of pace to read a book about grown-up people making grown-up decisions about love, family, and careers.

Madeleine is a 29 year old marketing guru who owns her own business. Paul is Madeleine's 44 year old mentor and eventual love interest. Be
Sydney Hancock
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars! Pitch this one to your friends!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Madeline and Paul were a match for each other. Madeline is the owner of a marketing firm that is fairly new and is trying to gain more credibility and land larger, more important clients. Paul is part owner of another company who agreed to mentor her. He is slightly older than her but there is an instant attraction.

Paul is hesitant to start something because he sees himself as too old. They are actually 15 years apart bu
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Book!
This is a great book; this is the second book in the City Love series by Belinda Williams. In the past three years Madeline has grown her marketing agency to one of the country’s fastest growing company. When Paul volunteers to mentor Madeline to help her pitch for a big client, she can’t keep focused on the job because she keeps thinking about Paul. If you are looking for a great romance that is fun then you need to read this book, I am looking forward to reading the next book by thi
Karen
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, chicklit, series
I couldn't put this book down! It was the first book I read from this author and it was a great find!! The characters were engaging and real. It was a believable storyline and any book that has humor and can make me laugh is a perfect fit for me. Having the story set in Australia was a great change from the usual New York or California as in the majority of books I seem to read. I found myself trying to read using the accent just for fun. Looking forward to the other characters in this series an ...more
SydneyGen
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
New Release: The Pitch by Belinda Williams ☆☆☆☆ #MomentumBooks #AussieAuthors #sydneygenreads http://wp.me/p540eh-cq
ItsAboutTheBook
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holly
Review can be read at It's About The Book

I don’t know why these romances set in Sydney are so enchanting to me–the foreignness of it, the totally different lifestyle, or what. I just know that I adore them. And this book by Belinda Williams is a great example; the sassy characters, the gorgeous landscape, and the completely different work-scape combined to give me a great romance with superb character building in a setting that blew me away. Let’s all move!

Maddy’s built up her own ad agency
Angel Hatfield
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
In three years Madeline/Maddy has done nothing but work at growing her company Founded Marketing.it has become the fastest growing companies. She has no real love life but is okay with that as her company is the most important thing to her. She has She has the biggest pitch for a client coming up and her father arranged for Paul Nierter to mentor Maddy . Maddy is very attracted to Paul and having problems keeping her mind on the job. Paul is forty four years old and Maddy is twenty nine. Paul is ...more
Anne Martin
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it
A bit too smooth and easy to be believable. She launched her own publicity agency years ago and is now on the road to huge success, he has his too, started earlier and bigger because he is older and he is a man. When they meet, they fall in love and everything is great, perfect, wonderful. No problems to deal with, money floats, his kids from his prior marriage really like her, she loves him and the kids, he loves her.
What more can you wish? well maybe something a bit more realistic, to feel be
Rachel Martin
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I felt this book took a while to 'warm up', as the narrative voice and characters didn't initially seem particularly strong. The plot and setting seemed rather cliched and the characters two-dimensional.

It did improve though, and despite correctly predicting plot events a good few chapters in advance, the story kept me engaged. Some aspects of the main relationship seemed unrealistic, or at least the time frames weren't believable (she was 9 weeks pregnant in 1 chapter, then had her 13 week sca
Rachel
Jun 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Disclosure: I was generously given a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really wanted to like this book more than I did. I'm not sure if it was the writing or the plot or the main characters willingness to lay down and act like a doormat or a complete idiot, but something about this book just didn't sit right with me. The redeeming factor of the book: the message that love isn't perfect.
Rachel Madrigal
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you like a strong female character than this book is defiantly for you. Maddy is growing a strong advertising firm and Paul a competitor (Kind of). Is coming into help her out on a big project. And Paul is just well- total loving alpha male. You will love this book.
Becky Collins
Jun 02, 2015
Sheree
Jul 01, 2017
E
Aug 01, 2017
Suzanne
Jun 12, 2015
Belinda is a marketing communications specialist and copywriter who allowed an addiction to romance to get the better of her.

Her other addictions include music and fast cars. Belinda is a music lover and her eclectic taste forms the foundation for many of her writing ideas. Her writing hasn't paid for a Lamborghini just yet, so she’ll have to settle for her son’s Hot Wheels collection and writing

City Love (4 books)
  • The Boyfriend Sessions (City Love, #1)
  • Modern Heart (City Love, #3)
  • Wish List (City Love, #4)