Start by marking “Memories” as Want to Read:
Memories

Memories

Best-selling poet Lang Leav presents a gorgeous hardcover gift book featuring the best of Lullabies and Love & Misadventure plus thirty-five new poems for fans to discover, along with original color illustrations by the author.

For fans of Lang Leav, this beautiful gift book is a must-have! Beloved pieces from Lullabies and Love & Misadventure are collected together
Published October 6th 2015 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Memories, please sign up.

Marty :} (thecursedbooks)
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
I wish she didn't use poems from her other books, it seemed a bit lazy. My favourite poem is by far this one:

"I know you’ve lost someone and it hurts. You may have lost them suddenly, unexpectedly. Or perhaps you began losing pieces of them until one day, there was nothing left. You may have known them all your life or you may have barely known them at all. Either way, it is irrelevant — you cannot control the depth of a wound another soul inflicts upon you.

Which is why I am not here to tell y
Emma
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My only complaint is I wish it could have never ended! If you pick up only one modern poet, read this book ❣ ...more
Sita
Oct 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
I remember writing feverish love poems in the 6th grade dedicated to the boy who sat next to me on the bus. What I do not remember is someone stealing them, publishing them & getting 4.00 ratings on Goodreads off of it. Yo, where my money at?
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Beauty condensed!

Still, I read this one before some of her other books and it sorta spoiled a bit of fun for me.
It's best not to reprint poems into repetitiveness.

Q:
Hope
One day you walk into a cafe and there he is. It’s as simple as that. As easy as that. Then forever after, you spend your life, walking into cafes, hoping he’ll magically appear. Like he did the first time. Or there would be someone else, just like him, sitting, with his head buried in a book. He would turn to look at you and i
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
Poetry just isn't my thing. There were two in here though that I absolutely loved, but the rest was just meh tbh
[Shai] Bibliophage
I've got to enjoyed only 6 out of the 35 new poems/prose in this 3rd book of Lang Leav. I was anticipating that this could be better than her 2nd book, Lullabies. But I was quite disappointed that it didn't meet my expectations.

These are the 6 poems/prose that I like in this book:

Virtual Love

A Writer's Plea

Take me someplace where I can feel something—I want to give away my heart. Tell me his name so I can know love when it speaks to me. Give me someone I can write about.

Dear Love

In Love

You’ve
Jul 10, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2017-reads, poetry
There was a time when I genuinely enjoyed Lang leav's work. But that was a long time ago before I invested the time to read actual poetry.

I feel this would work for teens, and for those who are not well acquainted with Poetry.
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Never had any Poetry book hit me harder than this one did. Seriously there were some times when I found myself gasping on some poetries. It felt like the author has taken some thoughts from my mind and presented it to me on pages to read and to know what it felt like. This book was just something beautiful. I seriously lack words to define this, to just tell you guys to read it.

I am seriously going to change my vote in poetry section. This book deserves every vote a person can give. This, this
Camillia (Twenty Three Pages)
I like to think that bookstores are the easiest to steal from. You can walk into a bookstore, pick up a book, read it all, put it back on the shelf, walk out and you're done. You've stolen a book.

That's basically what I did today. I read this while standing and getting a leg cramp in the bookstore.

As usually, I love Lang Leav's poems and prose and this was no exception. My only problem was that she brought in poems from her other books. I felt like that was unnecessary. Why not just leave it as
Hiba Arrame
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it, the same as I have loved Lullabies, but I'm very sure I've read some of these poems back in Lullabies.. So, I had to trespass them, and read others to shed tears over them.
I guess I love Lang Leav's poetry, I suppose I'd love her other books as well.
Here are some of my most favourite poems of the book :

I know you have seen things you wish you hadn’t. You have done things you wish you could take
back. And you wonder why you were thrown into the thick of it all—why you had to suffer th
Reem Ghabbany
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Memories is a selection of poetry from her 2 previous books, lullabies and love and misadventure with a few new poms
why would she rewrite the same thing! it annoyed me! i didn't know that it was a collection of previously published poems! it felt like a reread and to be honest I think this was just a way for her to make money when she was too tired to write a whole new book! I hate it when writers do that!
Florencia
Nov 03, 2015 marked it as i-don-t-dare
Tie up those fingers, Florencia. Do not type anything else and move on.

Love & Misadventure
Lullabies
Farith
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it

"I do know there are all kind of barriers to love. I do believe the world needs less of them."

I've been thinking a lot about the rating of this book since I finished it. Now I have it more clear in my head.

To explain myself more properly I'm going to quote the author from the introduction of the book.

"Memories is a collection of poetry and prose, hand selected from my two previous books, Love & Misadventure and Lullabies. It also features some new writing I have completed over the last year.
Maui Rochell
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was about to leave the bookstore when I saw a copy of Memories. Being a fan of Lang Leav, of course I really wanted to read her latest work but the book is kinda expensive.

I read the book for about 30 minutes and left the bookstore filled with words and thoughts. Lang's words never fail to strike me. Feels like someone wrote a poetry for me of what I feel. Like when they ask me how do I feel? I would give them a copy of this book and tell them, read this and find out.
Ari
Sep 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: poetry
OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FINALLY OVER.
weeping

I am very sad about the fact that 1 star is the lowest rating you can give on Goodreads, because if it were up to me, I would've given this a -5 stars.

This was, BY FAR, the Worst.Book.I.Have.Ever.Read.

SO BAD. SO PAINFULLY BAD. AWFUL IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD.

It pains me that people dare to call this poetry. The fact that some people give it 5 stars even, makes me question the little faith I have left in humanity.

The quality of this reminds me of
- ̗̀ ash  ̖́-
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5

This rating was a really hard decision to make. Starting off the book, I was really enjoying it. I found it emotionally touching and the writing to be not too complex, but not simple enough to assume Lang just scattered a bunch of words on it and called it "poetry", either. Continuing the book however, I felt torn. All the poems started to blur together with the same message, of this tragic love, and the effect that I got on the first poems were just lost. Soon I grew a little bored, and only
Mia  Bakhthiar
Heart-wrenchingly beautiful. Lang Leav has pretty much articulated what every girl has gone though into strings of stunning prose.
Onaiza Khan
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, poetry
For she is his poet and he is her poetry
Hizatul Akmah
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry
it's more like a lullabies + love and misadventure, tbh. nothing is new, everything is hopeless romantic.
Mohamed Ghazi
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was disappointed when I read that this book has only few new poems and the content is a mix from her first and second book since I read both of them multiple times. I only knew that after buying this book. But that doesn't belittle this book and the words inside it!
Lang Leav has a way of writing that gives me collection of feelings that I hardly overcome. With every page I feel a new thing and remember a new story.
I loved the prose more than the poems.
A great collection.

Anali
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review

“Life went on without him.
Of course , it did.
Of course, it does.
It was just an ending,
they tell me,
not the end.”
CAM ♔
Hate to say this, but I'm disappointed... I absolutely love Lang Leav, but it's frustrating to realize that the majority of the poems in this book were from the first two books— Love & Misadventure and Lullabies. At least I still enjoyed some of the new pieces

Notable Pieces
Collision
Reasons
Yoda
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. Amazing. Beautiful. I will never dislike anything written by Lang Leav. This is a collection of her favorite poems from her other works.
Sheida
May 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'd previously given a book by this author 1 star and so, naturally, I thought I should read another compilation of her bad poetry. And it was just as I remembered: bad poetry! However, the parts that weren't poetry, the rhythmic prose pages that didn't feel the need to use basic rhymes, were actually quite good and so this one gets one more star than the last one. Dear author, don't try to rhyme so much, you're much better at conveying emotion when you're not forced to rhyme.
Binibining `E (of The Ugly Writers)
“Then there is the boy you can never stop thinking about. Whenever you see his name, it trips you up. Even if it’s one that belongs to many others, even if he belongs to someone else.”

I just love everything Lang Leav. I love this book. It features the best from Love and Misadventures and Lullabies and some of her new poems. Definitely worth reading. Just beautiful. Might be one of her best books ever. I love the covers of the three books.
Michelle
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, favorites
Another favourite poetry book of mine added to my bookshelves! I love Lang Leav's poetry so much and how she writes and the connection I feel with certain poems.

I only slightly wish there was more new poems in this, I had originally thought the whole book was new poems instead of some new poems and then former poems from her previous poetry books. But a lot of them were my favourite ones from those so I didn't mind!
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I was so excited when I found this nestled behind a stack of books in the bookshop, because I had been hunting it down for weeks.

This book has a lot of mixed reviews; people seem to either love or hate this kind of book, and that doesn't surprise me. It is innocent poetry, almost childlike. It is sweet and melancholic and wishful and nostalgic.
Nadia
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads, favorites
“Love a girl who writes, and live her many lives;
You have yet to find her, beneath her words of guise.

Kiss her blue inked fingers, forgive the pens they marked.
The stain of your lips upon her, the one she can’t discard.

Forget her tattered memories, or the pages others took;
You are her ever-after, the hero of her book.”
~ Lang Leav

So so beautiful.
Neil (or bleed)
Jul 23, 2015 marked it as lost-interest
Too bad Lang Leav didn't win this time. /sarcasm
bookaholic_kim
As what the title implies this book is full of poems focused on memories in the past. And most of the poems are about sadness, loss and love. I guess people are more inspired to write poems when they are down.

Here are some of the lines I liked from the book.

“It was words that I fell for. In the end, it was words that broke my heart.”

"Which is why I am not here to tell you tomorrow will be a new day. That the sun will go on shining. Or there are plenty of fish in the sea. What I will tell you i
Memories by Lang Leav 1 4 Aug 01, 2018 09:46AM
  • Buried Light
  • Langit Vanilla
  • The Dogs I Have Kissed
  • some planet
Lang Leav is an international bestselling author and social media sensation. She is the winner of a Qantas Spirit of Youth Award and coveted Churchill Fellowship. Her books continue to top bestseller charts in bookstores worldwide and Lullabies, was the 2014 winner of the Goodreads Choice award for poetry.

Lang has been featured in various publications including the Sydney Morning Herald, the Strai
“It was words that I fell for. In the end, it was words that broke my heart.” 136 likes
“Patience
Patience and Love agreed to meet at a set time and place; beneath the twenty-third tree in the olive orchard. Patience arrived promptly and waited. She checked her watch every so often but still, there was no sign of Love.

Was it the twenty-third tree or the fifty-sixth? She wondered and decided to check, just in case. As she made her way over to the fifty-sixth tree, Love arrived at twenty-three, where Patience was noticeably absent.

Love waited and waited before deciding he must have the wrong tree and perhaps it was another where they were supposed to meet.

Meanwhile, Patience had arrived at the fifty-sixth tree, where Love was still nowhere to be seen.

Both begin to drift aimlessly around the olive orchard, almost meeting but never do.

Finally, Patience, who was feeling lost and resigned, found herself beneath the same tree where she began. She stood there for barely a minute when there was a tap on her shoulder.
It was Love.

..................................

“Where are you?” She asked. “I have been searching all my life.” “Stop looking for me,” Love replied, “and I will find you.”
101 likes