Start by marking “Einstein” as Want to Read:
Einstein

Einstein

The third in Corinne Maier and Anne Simon's collection of graphic novels exploring the lives of some of the most influential figures in modern history lands its spotlight upon Albert Einstein, the German-born physicist who developed the theory of relativity. He is considered the most influential physicist of the twentieth century.

You've probably heard of him, but you've
Published June 14th 2016 by Nobrow Press (first published February 16th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Einstein, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Einstein

Start your review of Einstein
Amy | shoutame
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fun and informative read!

I confess that I didn't really know a lot about Einstein before picking this one up. I was taught about what he discovered in school but never learnt about his upbringing or home life so this was a very interesting read!

In this book we see the life of Einstein in a comic-book strip format. I think the illustrations were fun and fitted well with the story - I would recommend to people of all ages, regardless of whether you're into science or not!
Katerina
Покупаю сыну книги впрок, а он требует читать сейчас ("ночь! планета! звезда! дядя! ученый!"), вот я и просвещаюсь. Графические романы очень хороши для совместного "чтения".
Главное, что я поняла: нужно обязательно учиться играть на музыкальном инструменте.
Melliane
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

Tout le monde connait Einstein, nest-ce pas ? Mais malgré un grand nom, et ses recherches fantastiques, je ne connaissais pas vraiment les détails de sa vie. Grace à cette bande dessinée, on peut découvrir toute la vie de ce grand homme que nous connaissons tous de sa naissance à sa mort, le tout avec des dessins bien réalisés et une histoire avec lhumour qui je pense nétait pas forcément facile à placer.

Je ne connaissais pas grand-chose au sujet de ce
J
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I had forgotten that I had read one of the authors books previously, her biography of Sigmund Freud. This book is just as enjoyable as that one and tells the story of Einstein. I look forward to tracking down her third biography of Karl Marx.
Cody
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A quick, but, honest summary of Einstein's life. Faults and all.
Peter
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Why 4 stars? They did swear a little bit.
Theresa
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the graphic part of this story and that is what got the book a three star from me. I was not sure how much of the facts were really just author opinion.
Andy
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Die Graphic Novel schafft es, dass man Lust verspürt, sich näher mit dem Leben Albert Einsteins zu beschäftigen. Wie sagt man dazu: anteasern?
Graphic Novels sind für mich kein Ersatz für einen Roman o.ä. aber eine angenehme Ergänzung, ein Bindeglied zwischen dem gedruckten Wort und einem Film, da hier der Fokus auf den Bildern liegt.
Jenn
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: biography, comics
I liked it, but like it's subject, Einstein, this book is kind of all over the place. Not sure that it wouldn't just confuse people more.
Priya
Jul 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
Good illustration wasted on a badly written comic. Even if you want a very basic biography of Einstein this should not be read.
Mz. Diana Gagliardi
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
three and a half?

Surprisingly informative for it's rough style, science and history mashed together with his life much as it was in reality. A free-form telling with a narrative curve. Things are mentioned briefly or expanded depending on their importance to him with famous quotes peppering the course of the story in a natural fashion.

I don't know if this was done to mirror Einstein's style or if this is the style of the writer, but it was very effective.

Enjoy!
Howell Murray
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
A graphic novel hitting the high points of Einstein's life. Prudently doesn't try to get to much into the math in his work. The artist tries to illustrate the flights of his mind in her drawings. Seemed a bit rushed, but the book is only 72 pages. The art is simplistic but more or less gets the jobs done. Made me want to read more about Einstein's life.
Stella
Feb 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Pretty good. I learned a few things about Einstein I didn't already know, and liked the graphic novel style format. The book jumped around in time quite a bit (deliberately, I think?) which got a little confusing in places. Not for young kids, as it covers multiple sexual relationships.
Anne
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very cleverly written and drawn bio of Einstein, warts and all.
Shiyana Alexandra
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not much to say, it was informative, playful and a quick read. I enjoyed it and passed it on to my kid who also seemed to like it.
Mélanie
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Je suis peut-être biaisée d'avoir lu d'autres ouvrages sur Einstein et vu la série "Genius" l'année passée mais j'ai eu du mal avec la narration et l'histoire incomplète à mes yeux.
Michael M.
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amüsant zu lesen, allerdings beinhaltet das Buch einige biographische Ungenauigkeiten und physikalische Fehler...
Amy Welham
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A solid warts and all account of Einsteins life. I quick and informative read. My least favourite of the three by Maier but worth a read. ...more
Dori Sabourin
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this graphic novel, we learn that Einstein was very bright from the start. Though his mother was concerned because even as a toddler, he didn't speak. As it turned out, he was waiting until he could speak in full sentences. He was so smart that he was bored in class, causing his instructor to throw him out of the class. How did he react to this situation? When his music teacher quit because of his bad temperament, did he quit playing the violin? How did the other students perceive him as a ...more
Kathleen
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, arc-galley
Good graphic bio of Einstein
Pop Bop
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Einstein the Person - Genius, Egotist, Horndog, Celebrity

There isn't much here in the way of physics, apart from a fairly perfunctory treatment of Einstein's special and general theories of relativity, but that's O.K. The book more or less takes as a given the reader's awareness of Einstein's scientific contributions, and focuses on looking behind that to sketch out a much fuller biography than most readers would expect.

Einstein was a complex and private man who played the role of public genius
Nick

This is a jolie graphic biography, written like a time-bending autobiography, with Einstein as the first-person narrator.

I really like the art style, and the text is informative without being overwhelming. Reading Einstein, we learn how Einstein grew up, how he had to go to adult-ed to get his GED equivalent, and then went to a community college equivalent, how he stood on the shoulders of giants, how he wasn't the best mathematician ever but had brilliant ideas and incredible curiosity, how he
Nicola Mansfield
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent graphic biography on Einstein focusing on his Theory of Relativity. I've read the book on Marx which the author wrote in this series and had great expectations for this one which were thoroughly realised. An amazing amount of information has been conveyed and takes a look all facets of Einstein: his accomplishments, his detractors, his personality and his weaknesses (mainly philandering). The story is told from Einstein's point of view with him hovering over as perhaps his old self or ...more
Christina
I'm a Einstein fan and I was so excited to read this book. I love how his life events, in addition to his theories, were discussed in a honest manner. He was such a complex man. Although I don't admire the way he approached his family life and child rearing, I am a huge fan of his work and philosophies on life and peace. I enjoyed reading the illustrated biography format. Note: I was reading this in hopes that I'd be able to share it with my son, but in my opinion this is not a child friendly ...more
Mélina Doyon
3.5/5
J'ai beaucoup aimé, même s'il y a beaucoup d'éléments de physique auxquels je ne comprenais rien! Mais je me suis rendue compte que j'en savais bien peu sur Einstein, comme qu'il avait contribué à l'accueil de Juifs aux États-Unis durant la 2e Guerre mondiale. Défendant plusieurs causes (la paix, l'égalité, la tolérance, etc.), il était pourtant un coureur de jupons qui ne s'occupait pas de ses enfants et il les connaissait peu.
Kate
Jul 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: high school and adults
A humorous and quick look at Einstein's personal and scientific life. I liked the start with the different opinions of Einstein (genius, legend, womanizer, neglectful father, pacifist, etc) and the segue into his childhood. Typical panels for much of the book with some larger panels and full page art sprinkled throughout. I learned more about Einstein although I still don't understand relativity.
L Schwarzman
If you want to read a biography of Einstein in just an afternoon, this is the book for you. An engaging depiction of one of the worlds greatest minds in a format that entertains and educates. Im always fond of graphics to help students have a greater understanding of the text, and this is a great resource for students. ...more
Jo Oehrlein
A pulls-no-punches biography of Einstein that shows his genius as well as his faults.
John
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Relatively enjoyable.
Jenna Davis
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, graphic-novels, 2017
I had no idea about 3/4 of this stuff! Graphic novel that is way better than reading a biography.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Green River Killer: A True Detective Story
  • Agatha: The Real Life of Agatha Christie
  • What Katy Did
  • Ein Mann ist keine Altersvorsorge: Warum finanzielle Unabhängigkeit für Frauen so wichtig ist
  • Show Stopper (Show Stopper #1)
  • King Arthur's Daughter
  • Cry, Heart, But Never Break
  • Here
  • Fleur des neiges
  • Robot Dreams (Robot #0.4)
  • Rise of the Dungeon Master: Gary Gygax and the Creation of D&D
  • Hors des remparts ( Donjon Zénith )
  • 約束のネバーランド 12 [Yakusoku no Neverland 12]
  • Going Into Town: A Love Letter to New York
  • L’armée du crâne (Donjon Antipodes)
  • Vie de Gérard Fulmard
  • La casa
  • Empress Cixtisis
Corinne Maier est psychanalyste à Bruxelles et à Paris et essayiste.

Ses essais s'attaquent au travail, à la famille et à la patrie. Plusieurs de ses publications se jouent de la langue de bois contemporaine qui uniformise les discours. Psychanalyste, économiste, sociologue et historienne, elle est l'auteur de livres fortement inspirés par Jacques Lacan, Roland Barthes et Michel Foucault. Elle est

News & Interviews

“Daddy, I don't like military parades. I never want to be like those people who march rank and file to music - they were given brains by mistake.” 1 likes