Start by marking “Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories (Wonder #1.5, 1.6, 1.7)” as Want to Read:
Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories (Wonder #1.5, 1.6, 1.7)

Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories

(Wonder #1.5, 1.6, 1.7)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  21,631 ratings  ·  2,512 reviews
WONDER tells the story of Auggie Pullman: an ordinary boy with an extraordinary face, whose first year at school changed the lives and the perspectives of everyone around him.

AUGGIE & ME is a new side to the WONDER story: three new chapters from three different characters - bully Julian, oldest friend Christopher and classmate Charlotte - giving an insight into how Aug
Published August 27th 2015 by Corgi Childrens (first published August 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Auggie & Me, please sign up.
Elizabeth Matteson Auggie and Me is a very enjoyable and quick read. I found it every bit as good as Wonder.
Rea Dietz I liked Shingaling and the Julian Chapter best. Honestly, Pluto really disinterested me. Maybe if Christopher had been included more in the first…moreI liked Shingaling and the Julian Chapter best. Honestly, Pluto really disinterested me. Maybe if Christopher had been included more in the first book, then it would have been more of an interesting read. (less)

·  21,631 ratings  ·  2,512 reviews

Raeleen Lemay
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This didn't really blow my socks off like Wonder did, but I still really enjoyed it! The themes were a bit different, but definitely in a good way.
Josu Grilli
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-2-noviembre
Tres historias que merece la pena leer.

Tenía mucho interés en saber más del resto de personajes de La lección de August. La manera en la que la autora narra la historia en el libro es mediante diferentes puntos de vista, consiguiendo que conectes con todos ellos de una manera u otra. Y no os voy a engañar: es lo que buscaba en este libro.

Ver la vida de Auggie desde otros ojos es interesante, pero en este caso nos ponemos a su nivel. Es decir, sus compañeros de clase. Vemos su día a día como si f
may ❀
Buddy read with my little bro!

dnf @ 50%

Try not to take the DNF as a symbol that I //didn’t// enjoying the book. It was more of just terrible planning on my little brother’s part (we had to send it back to the library ;-;).

I had read Wonder about a year ago and was greatly surprised by its impact on me. Not personally knowing or having met anyone with a similar condition, the majority of the struggles Auggie faced were very foreign to me.

Now going into this book, I had the background inform
Kai
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
“If we spend too much time looking backward, we can’t see where we are going!”

Wonder was just amazing and I'm so so glad for those three additional chapters/stories. R. J. Palacio is a gemstone, honestly.

Julian: Ah man he was such a dick. But at least his brain did that thing were it started thinking and comprehending and understanding how wrong his actions had been. It's not a big surprise though, seeing how spoiled and arrogant his parents behave. Which is why I'm glad that his grandmother had
Sarah Dorothea
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars! ⭐ I really loved this book. I have to say my favourite story was the one from Julian! Honestly, I would have never expected that. It really touched me profoundly. 😭

So here is what the children's novel is about: Auggie & Me gives readers a special look at Auggie’s world through three new points of view. These stories are an extra peek at Auggie before he started at Beecher Prep and during his first year there. Readers get to see him through the eyes of Julian, the bully;
Pinky
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives.”

This book is the companion novel to Wonder. If you haven't heard about Wonder, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? SERIOUSLY! Anyway, it is a beautiful story that I believe everyone or almost everyone should read. I read it with my class two years ago and I enjoyed it so much. But if you have read Wonder, this book is small novellas of different people in Wonder and how their lives were af
Mariah Roze
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
My goal was to read all the Wonder books before going and seeing the movie!

The Julian Chapter:
I read Wonder about two years ago, so when I found out that there were short stories that went with the book I had to read them. I was very impressed by the Julian chapter. I didn't think it would be as good as it was. I loved the story his grandmother shared and how it connected to him so well.

Pluto:
This "short book" is about Christopher, who was Auggie's best friend from the time they were babies unti
James
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
After having just finished reading and having been suitably impressed with 'Wonder' - I approached this companion piece (it's not a sequel) with some trepidation. The question was whether the three stories contained here (each told from the perspective of a character from 'Wonder' a who weren't really given their 'say' in 'Wonder') really added or even detracted from the original novel?

To take each story individually:

The Julian Chapter:

Clearly the key to this story (and the other two to a lesser
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
Book #1.5 'The Julian Chapter' - 4.5 stars

“Sometimes it’s good to start over.”
- Julian

---------

Book #1.6 'Pluto' - 4 stars

“Being friends with Auggie could be hard sometimes.
I didn’t know how to tell him that being friends with him could be hard for me sometimes, too.”
- Christopher

---------

Book #1.7 'Shingaling' - 4 stars

“Every person’s story weaves in and out of someone else’s story.”
- Charlotte
Učitaj se!
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished, favorites
Ako još niste čuli za 'Čudo, niti znate tko je Auggie Pullman, ne znam kako vam je to uspjelo, ali krajnje je vrijeme da saznate. ;)

Fenomenalna priča o priznavanju različitosti, promicanju ljubaznosti i sklapanju prijateljstava osvojila je čitav svijet, a uskoro nam u kina stiže i njena filmska verzija. Auggijeva priča postala je pravo čudo, i to u najboljem smislu.

Priča iza 'Čuda', ukratko, je ova: Auggie Pullman dječak je s teškom deformacijom lica koji kreće u peti razred osnovne škole, nakon
Jessica
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75
I really enjoyed this book but I don't think it is necessary to read if you have read wonder. I really loved charlottes story and I liked Julian's but I didn't really enjoy Christopher's.
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
I can see why these stories weren't included in Wonder, but I'm SO glad I read them. It took me a while to get into each story, but the author has an amazing talent of making you fall in love with every character she writes. I was so invested in all of them, it's hard to pick a favourite, but if I had to choose I would probably say Charlotte's, because I think ten year-old Bee could've learned a lot from the lessons in her story.
Patricia Bejarano
Las tres historias me han gustado, y me han aportado algo al igual que hizo La lección de August en su momento, añadiendo datos a la historia que ya conocíamos y la autora lo hace con una gran frescura. Pero no puedo darle la nota que le dí a WONDER, porque este libro no ha llegado a encantarme y apasionarme de la misma manera que ese lo hizo. Aún así, lo he disfrutado mucho, y si os gusté La lección de August, tenéis que leer estas historias. Os recomiendo esta edición que contiene las tres, mu ...more
I'm going to come out with this straight away...IF you didn't enjoy Wonder then you probably shouldn't bother with this novel...IF you enjoyed Wonder and would like to know more about OTHER characters within the book then this may be the novel for you to pick up.

The author blatantly states that there isn't going to be a squeal to Wonder but instead has given us a different opportunity to go into the mind of some other characters that were featured in the book and one not that much.

So, don't go i
Jabiz Raisdana
I was nearly crying the whole time I read this out loud to my kids. This books picks up right where Wonder leaves off, but this time the plot revolves around the complex and tender lives of the other characters in this beautifully crafted universe of characters.

We see how challenging growing up can be. Through the eyes of Julian, Christopher and Charlotte we are reminded to be kind and that friendships and families and school can be hard, but we all make it through somehow.

If you read and love
Maddie
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
All of these stories did so much to give you so much background to Wonder, they're so worth a read. Charlotte was such a lovely character and getting to read about what was going on with her was a really eye-opening and relatable look at middle school friendships. Julian's story was interesting too because he isn't a bully in everyone's eyes. I liked his development, but it really made me think about how hard it must be to be a parent sometimes! Loved it!
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Julian: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Christopher: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charlotte: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Anna
I adore this book and original and the author!

We follow three supporting characters from the original book Wonder. We look deeper into their characters. I loved how the book started with Julian who was the most hated character in the last book. Julian was mean to Auggie for his deformity. Why? Because he was afraid of him. Due to some childhood trauma of scary faces like Voldemort, Julian sometimes has nightmares. Seeing Auggie triggered these night horrors. The best part of this book is you can
Imogen
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Whilst this book didn't quite reach the levels of Wonder for me, it was a delightful and powerful read nonetheless.
I think Palacio's ability to put across important and sensitive messages to a younger audience without seeming patronising is impressive.
Astrid Lim
This is a companion book (consisted of 3 stories) from Wonder - and it's still totally inspiring, beautiful and mesmerizing. We have a chance to see the different point of views from 3 people whose lives intersected with Auggie. There's Julian, the bully, Christopher, the old friend, and Charlotte, the goody two shoes.

While Auggie struggled with his problems and issues in Wonder, these three people also had many things to deal with. Including Julian! Like Palacio said, she didn't try to justify
Evan Quade
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You may think this is a sequel, or just some extras to add in the Wonder universe. But R.J. Palacio was very clear she will not write a sequel whatsoever. In Auggie & Me, we get three new POV's from three characters from Wonder surrounding the story of August Pullman and what their inside thoughts have said.

It is, once again, very emotional, so powerful, it gives us the reminder to choose kindness, and that's what it was all about, the influence of Choose Kind movement. The three novellas we
Lauren
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good book from different perspectives of main characters throughout Auggie's story. It gives others points of view as to how others were feeling as new friends, and fellow students of Auggie.
Asha
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don’t just be nice. Choose kind.
Rachel'sbookishworld
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Swoosh.
"God bless America"
Aadivah
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
The Julian Chapter
Julian was the only unredeemed character left at the end of Wonder. While he was not the only bully in the situation, he definitely initiated most of the mean stuff done to Auggie. He came up with a game called 'The Plague' in which anyone who comes into physical contact with Auggie has to wash their hands quickly or else they die. He talked about Auggie and made gestures behind his back, sometimes even to his face. He even wrote mean notes and left them in Auggie and Jack'
Rizal
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lisa
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
It wasn't a great as Wonder but it's pretty close. I loved reading these stories. Even though Auggie doesn't appear often (or at all) it's great to get to know some of the Wonder characters more. It shows that everybody lives completely different lives.
Erin 신애린 Shin
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book, but please, read WONDER! Again, read this!!!!!!!
Obožavatelj Knjiga
R. J. Palacio: Auggie & ja - tri čudesne priče
(orig. Auggie & me - three wonder stories)
Izdavač: FOKUS na hit

Nakon nezaboravne knjige, R J Palacio nas je vratila u svijet prekrasnog Auggie-ja, ali na drugačiji način. U knjizi "Čudo" upoznali smo Auggie-ja i njegov nevjerojatan život. Ova knjiga nije nastavak, te čak Auggie nije ni glavni lik već tri osobe s kojima je bio povezan - Julian, Christopher i Charlotte.

Osobno sam najviše bio zainteresiran za Julianovu priču jer me zanimalo na
Leselissi
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Dieses Buch habe ich gelesen, weil ich vor kurzem endlich die Verfilmung von "Wunder" gesehen habe und sie mir so gut gefallen hat.(Auch die Buchvorlage finde ich toll!)
Der zweite Teil jetzt ist eigentlich keine richtige Fortsetzung, sondern es sind einfach drei weitere Geschichten von Menschen um Auggie herum: Julian, der Bullie. Christopher, Freund seit frühester Kindheit. Charlotte, ehrgeizige Mitschülerin. Auf die ein oder andere Art hat die Begegnung mit Auggie ihrer aller Leben verändert.
  • The Losers Club
  • Ms. Bixby's Last Day
  • The Secret Sheriff of Sixth Grade
  • Will Sparrow's Road
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Garvey's Choice
  • This Side of Wild: Mutts, Mares, and Laughing Dinosaurs
  • Lenny's Book of Everything
  • Clayton Byrd Goes Underground
  • The Thing About Leftovers
R.J. Palacio lives in NYC with her husband, two sons, and two dogs. For more than twenty years, she was an art director and graphic designer, designing book jackets for other people while waiting for the perfect time in her life to start writing her own novel. But one day several years ago, a chance encounter with an extraordinary child in front of an ice cream store made R. J. realize that the pe ...more

Wonder (1 books)
  • Wonder
“That’s not to say there haven’t been some changes that have happened. As” 1 likes
“Good friendships are worth a little extra effort,” 1 likes