Start by marking “The Marriage Contract (The O'Malleys, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Marriage Contract (The O'Malleys, #1)

The Marriage Contract (The O'Malleys #1)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  3,795 Ratings  ·  513 Reviews
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katee Robert begins a smoking hot new series about the O'Malley family-wealthy, powerful, dangerous and seething with scandal.

Teague O'Malley hates pretty much everything associated with his family's name. And when his father orders him to marry Callista Sheridan to create a "business" alliance, Teague's ready to tell his dad
Published December 22nd 2015 by Forever (first published June 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Marriage Contract, please sign up.
Katee Robert This book functions as a standalone. The remaining books in the series will each star a different couple (all linked in with the O'Malley family)

Lisa
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, for-review

3.5 Stars!

“This was....need. All-consuming need that devoured everything in its path, leaving only destruction in its wake.”

description

The Marriage Contract is the first book in Katee Robert’s The O’Malleys series. This book also marks my first venture into anything by this author. When reading an unfamiliar author you are never quite sure whether you will end up pleasantly surprised or if you will be dragged into the land of the abysmally awful. I am happy to report that this first installment to the
Wendy'sThoughts
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Katee Robert fans, Ameican Irish Crime Family Drama romance
Congratulations to the 2016 RITA Finalist
Contemporary Romance: Mid-Length

3.25 Boston Crime Family Potential Stars
* * * 1/4
There is something to be said for crime family drama...my first experience, like many, was The Godfather. I remember not being able to put that book down...and the scene of Sonny banging his mistress against the wall during the reception of his sister's wedding... OMG, it was a first for me. Everything about that book was perfection. It set the standard in my mind's eye for
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
2.5- 3 Stars

Whatever she'd expected from this kiss, it certainly hadn't been desire. Though DESIRE was too tame a word. She'd felt desire before, and this wasn't it. This was...need. All-consuming need that devoured everything in its path, leaving only destruction in its wake.

Having loved every Brazen book of Katee's I've ever read, when i saw that she's releasing this brand new series that's grittier and has a mob story line? I was hooked. Line and sinker. Reading it was an absolute no brai
Sabrina
NOW ON SALE - http://amzn.to/2qohQSe

Re-read 2/5/16 before starting The Wedding Pact

The way this book started out was WHOA! There was so much happening already and from the first chapter I was loving it. There were so many secrets and I had no idea what was happening with them but I couldn't wait to find out.

Callista Sheridan and Teague O’Malley are used as pawns for their families. In order to enter an alliance their family arrange for them to be married, taking the choice away from them. Neith
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5-4 STARS

I really enjoyed this story but to be honest I was expecting the story go so differently! This story isn't only a romance as there are so many other things happening. I was surprised in some parts and confused in others as to who is who etc. I found the story sexy, interesting and captivating. There is action and mystery that makes the story even more enjoyable! Some may not like the fact that this is a bit of an insta-love but that wasn't a big problem for me.

The Marriage Contract

Release date: 2nd June, 2015
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo 3B1E05E7-7C86-476E-B82F-686ADAB40DA8_zpsuqoenb0b.jpg

I was sold on The Marriage Contract as soon as I read the blurb. I was very much looking forward to the potent cocktail of angst, distrust, danger and lust that come with a plot such as this. For the most part I enjoyed it, although I felt it was rather watered down for my tastes.

I found the first half of the story engaging and relation
S.M. West
3 Teague STARS

I’m a sucker for a great mob story. I’m all in for the grit, the dark, the danger and the power struggle. This was the first book in a series about three Irish crime families - Hallorans, the O'Malleys and the Sheridans - ruling in the city of Boston.

Each have fairly equal territory and power yet, the heads of each family are aging and each family is looking to groom their heir and solidify their power. This story is about Callista Sheridan and Teague O’Malley.

photo marriage contract_zpspwvhb1j0.jpg

It's an arranged m
Tiffany Reisz
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Got an early copy because I know the author and I asked her to let me read it in case I loved it enough to blurb it. And I did! No spoilers but I will say it's very sexy and I want a Teague of my own. Mob families in Boston fight for love and fight to the death. Dark stuff but with lots of heart.
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
Review Posted to: http://www.sweptawaybyromance.com/201...

3.5 Family Loving Stars!!!

I absolutely enjoyed this book from the beginning to the end. I liked the storyline and all the characters...well most of them. Teague & Callie will be married to unite their powerful "Families" who will then dominate the underworld of Boston. Teague tows the line as does Callie, but Callie has a dark secret that can and will cause a war between the three powerful Boston Mob Families.

I loved Teague O'Malle
The Marriage Contract is the first installment in Katee Robert's romantic suspense series titled The O'Malleys. The smokin' hot book cover and the interesting synopsis had me pretty excited to read it! I was intrigued early on as these mafia families arrange their adult children's marriages for the sake of strengthening the family name and ensuring ongoing business...and it's a no-brainer that everyone complies. But when a death impacts pending nuptials, things go kinda haywire.

I enjoyed the wo
Lonna | FLYLēF
FLYLēF Book Reviews

Original Post: The Marriage Contract at FLYLēF (www.flylef.com)

FUNNY AND PASSIONATE, The Marriage Contract, by Katee Robert, is an engaging and gritty contemporary romance about the sacred ties of family, ruthless mafia politics, and the remarkable tribute to the power of unexpected love.

I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it, despite my concerns with several issues. The first of which is the startling notion of an arrange marriage. Eek! Secondly, The Sopranos-like setting, filled with
Michelle
Copy provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo 4818dd132d445060bbbdd060f442a8_zpsdnsi07ug.gif

As a Brazen girl junkie, I loved reading Katee Roberts books. And so when I finally had a chance to sit down and read The Marriage Contract, I was intrigued with the blurb. Right off the opening pages, my interest was piqued when I discovered this was a mafia romance. The heroine, Callie was arranged to marry into another mafia family but another circumstance came about so Callie was surprised to find out that she was arranged to marry
☕ Kimberly
Five reasons to grab your earbuds and listen to The Marriage Contract

Arranged marriages, blood vows and heart made The Marriage Contract an exciting start to the series. While this novels focuses primarily on Teague the second son of the O’Malley clan and Callista Sheridan the sole heir to the Sheridan family. Roberts drew us into the world of politics and family loyalty with a Westside story romance that will tug at your heartstrings.

Through the characters, Roberts allowed me to slip into
Cyndi
May 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-ow-drama, safe
This book was ok- it was an interesting story, but I felt it was a lot of telling and not showing. Their relationship escalated to love pretty quickly even though we only saw them together a handful of times. I liked Teague and Callista- they were both strong and loyal. Their families are rival mob families and there was a little too much inner monologue about this issue. We also get a few random POV's thrown in- including the H and h of the next book. I appreciated that there was no OW drama, b ...more
Kim Bailey
4 Stars

Great start to what promises to be a fabulous series!
I truly enjoyed the power play that unfolded in this story - between the families & between the main characters as well. I've not read many mafia style books - but it they're all as good as this one was, it may become a new sub-genre that I look for. Definitely a book I'll be recommending to my friends!

*ARC courtesy of publisher in exchange for an honest review*

Lover of Romance
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review
Summary
Teague O'Malley has always hated the lifestyle that is the family business. All he cares about is protecting his siblings, and doing everything in his power to get them away from the corruption and the evil that taints their parents. But Teague knows its going to be near impossible to do, but he refuses to give up on those he loves the most. when their rival ends up killed, and his fiancee left up to take, his parents and her fa
Ari Reavis
I wish I liked this as much as I thought I would. It wasn't horrible, but around 30% I was so bored that I thought about not reading it any further, but then remembered I paid $5.99 for it, so it was damn sure going to get read. It got significantly better towards the end. More drama and secrets coming to light between Callie and Teague. Overall, it was ok. There's just some parts where the thought process reallyyyyy drags on.
*TANYA*
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah 3.5 stars about sums it up. This was an okay book but a bit too repetitive. I'm tempted to continue the series, though.
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
Awesome book!

Three Boston crime families. Arranged marriages. Drama. Intrigue. Backstabbing. You name it, this story has it in spades!

Alyssa

Publisher: Forever
Publication Date: June 2, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Teague O'Malley hates
Elaine
Set in Boston this novel is concerned with the machinations of the three rival mafia families in the city. Callista Sheridan is nicknamed the mafia princess and her father has ordered her to marry the son of a rival family, to form an alliance between them, When Callie goes in disguise to try to meet her husband to be for the first time she finds him physically and sexually abusing a woman. He assumes she’s been sent up to entertain him next and starts to throttle her. Callie resists and ends up ...more
Jen
This was just an ok read for me..I found that the relationship of the couple took a backseat to the going on of all of the other characters. I would have enjoyed more romance, rather than all of the politics of the other Mob families involved. I might consider checking out book two, just to see where it goes; but I am in no rush!!!
Bubu
Oct 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cr, 3-stars
Kristyn - Reading to Unwind
This book contains adult themes.

I got hooked on the O’Malley series after reading books 4 & 5 so I figured I would go back and start from the beginning.

This book is the first in the O’Malley series and follows Teague O’Malley the second oldest brother as he finds out he is being forced into an arranged marriage. Teague is set to marry Calista Sheridan who is from another powerful family in Boston. The marriage comes out of left field for Teague since Calista’s original groom was murdered.

Te
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was AWESOME! Excellent story line. It had this intense feel happening right from the beginning. I had such a sense of urgency while reading, I was excited to know about the world being created. Hot mob guys for the win!

Teague and Callie were fantastic. Feeling stuck but wanting to do what's best for their families. I got such a great sense of who they were and felt bad for them but love how they persevered. Their first meeting really set a perfect tone for them, that chemistry they had was
Ashley
I had mixed feelings about this book...
The writing style had me cringing...
I absolutely ADORED the storyline
description
So you can see why I struggled with this book, because I LOVED Teague and Callie together. The chemistry was INSTANT, and so fucking hot. I actually fell pretty hard for Carrigan and James' story as well. I hate third person styled writing, I just hate it so damn much. I definitely loved the chemistry, and storyline though so I'm going to give it "3.5 HOT HOT HOT, MIND BLOWING CHEMISTRY S
Kate's Corner
So I have decíded to stop reading this book. I'm not Feeling it and it is purely me and not the author or the plot. Well maybe the plot. It just couldn't hold my interest.

I still give it 2 stars though.
Gina *loves sunshine*
I know this book is a few years old and the average review is not that high. But I loved it! I've had my eye on this crime family series for awhile, and I can proudly give it a strong 4 stars. Book 1 sets the stage for the crime family war in Boston. The lovely couple in the marriage contract - Calli and Teague had an immediate story and even stronger chemistry - I was all in from page 3.

It helps that this series had all my favorite elements - Big proud Families, The stern iron fisted father, t
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3.5-4 stars

The Marriage Contract is without a doubt one of the most entertaining books I've read all year. It's not without its flaws, but boy is it one hell of a time. It's the start of a companion series that centers around three mob families in Boston, and the ruthless ways they fight for family and power. I haven't read many books about mobsters, but the setting ended up being one of my favorite parts. I liked uncovering all of the different family dynamics and sympathizing if not quite unde
  • Playing for Her Heart (Gamers #2)
  • Wanderlust
  • One For the Money (Night Huntress, #4.5)
  • Bad Bitch (Bad Bitch, #1)
  • Frenched: The Wedding Night (Frenched #3.5)
  • Learn to Fly
  • Dragon Knight's Sword (Order of the Dragon Knights, #1)
  • His to Keep (Beauty and the Brit, #3)
  • Hold Me Until Midnight (Grayson Brothers, #1)
  • Up in Smoke (Crossing the Line, #2)
  • Mine to Take (Nine Circles, #1)
  • Rules of Seduction (Serve, #7)
  • Tell Me Something Good (One-on-One, #1)
  • Rest & Trust (The Night Horde SoCal, #5)
  • Until It's Right
  • Recipe for Temptation (Madewood Brothers, #4)
  • Stripping Her Defenses (Ex Ops, #2)
  • Tessa Ever After (Reluctant Hearts, #2)
New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Katee Robert learned to tell her stories at her grandpa’s knee. Her 2015 title, The Marriage Contract, was a RITA finalist, and RT Book Reviews named it 'a compulsively readable book with just the right amount of suspense and tension." When not writing sexy contemporary and romantic suspense, she spends her time playing imaginary games with her child ...more
More about Katee Robert

The O'Malleys (6 books)
  • The Wedding Pact (The O'Malleys, #2)
  • An Indecent Proposal (The O'Malleys, #3)
  • Forbidden Promises (The O'Malleys, #4)
  • Undercover Attraction (The O'Malleys, #5)
  • The Bastard's Bargain (The O'Malleys, #6)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Scandalous Liaisons
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Story of O
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“It seemed like he was destined to piss off and upset every woman he cared about that he came in contact with today. He” 0 likes