Start by marking “Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps” as Want to Read:
Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps

Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps

(Secret Wars: Warzones!)

Atten-Hut! These ladies are the best of the best and will take you down if you threaten their Captain. Welcome to Hala Field, where being a part of the elite Carol Corps, requires guts, guile and a whole lot of grit. So put on your uniform and get ready for a high-flying Captain Marvel tale years in the making.

Collecting: Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps 1-4, Captain Mar
Paperback, Trade, 120 pages
Published December 1st 2015 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps

Jeff
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comix

This is one of Doom’s Warzones! Happiness is not allowed! So keep those smiles to yourself and suck it!!

Dr. Doom uses an army of Thors to keep his different worlds in line and in this volume a little more is revealed: He chooses one being from each of the Battleworlds to make up his Thor battalions.

Captain Marvel aka Carol Danvers and the Carol Corps are stuck on a little sliver of an isle called Hala Field and questions about the nature of things start to pop up, including the mysterious source
Paul E. Morph
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well, that was the end of a great three year run on Captain Marvel. Truly great.

Thank you so much to Kelly Sue DeConnick for bringing Carol to life in a way that captured so many hearts and minds.

It's a shame that the end had to get dragged into Secret Wars but at least it was one of the better tie-ins.

I am proud to count myself a member of the Carol Corps! Keep 'em flying, folks!

What did Carol and co. see at the end of this book? Only one way to find out: follow that first star to the right an
Sesana
Sep 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
Probably one of the better Secret Wars miniseries so far, and almost really good on its own merits. It's not the characters (they're great, especially Carol herself) or the story itself, which I think basically worked for the setting and the characters. The problem is that there wasn't quite enough setup. The whole premise is that this entire squad is willing to risk so much, including their lives, to see what lies beyond the boundaries Doom has set for them, but not enough time is really spent ...more
Ashley
Okay, first of all I just want to say that Secret Wars seems like an unholy mess. I shouldn't have to spend thirty minutes on Wikipedia reading up about a bunch of crazy shit just to enjoy my Carol Danvers, dammit. I mean, did ANYONE read all the Secret Wars stuff? If so, did you understand all of it? Because that page makes it sound terrible.

As for the comic itself, once I got the gist of the background, it was actually pretty great! Basically a bunch of different Marvel universes all collided
Nikki
Oct 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
This is… actually quite a disappointing volume. I mean, okay, the Banshees (or Carol Corps) are pretty badass, of course, but it’s a tie-in to Secret Wars? I think? And it’s really not clear what the background is. I don’t read most event comics, and when I do it’s just for the characters I love and follow. Sometimes a skilled writer manages to keep things comprehensible, and sometimes not — for a Captain Marvel fan, most of this makes no sense… and has no impact on the character. It’s not clear ...more
The Sapphic Nerd
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
It starts off a little slow but becomes an action-packed frantic race to freedom and truth. The last page of the story? Goosebumps. DeConnick uses her words to bookend her run of Captain Marvel in a way so effective I teared up a little. I'm mourning the end of her run again...

The standalone story at the end is also touching.

...I just need more Kelly Sue Captain Marvel...
Dan
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
This felt like nothing really happened, and wtf was up with the Banshee's( I mean Carol Corp. as they're called on the cover)? Almost gave this a 3 out of 5 because it's Capt. Marvel but if we upvote bad content then they will keep producing bad content.
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps was part of the Secret Wars event, which served to merge the two universes of Marvel (both the normal and the Ultimate). Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps focuses on Carol Danvers as she leads a squadron of fighter pilots as they serve the God Doom.

I really liked the idea of Secret Wars….but the actual execution of the both the main storyline (what was even happening half the time?) and with a few of the side projects, it really fell flat. Carol Corps was not
Christina
Oct 31, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a bit of a disappointment. DeConnick did a fairly good job with this character before Secret Wars and so I expected more from this arc. While I really liked all of the women in the Carol Corps, the story was lacking in detail. (Which now that I think of it, is a lot like what happened in her previous run.). There is enough to get the story going but then it runs out of steam after the 2nd issue and the ending is so anti-climactic that I felt like I just read 4 issues of filler. Captain ...more
Brian Poole
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps was both a good tie-in to the massive Secret Wars event and the swan song of writer Kellie Sue DeConnick as the shepherd of the solo adventures of Carol Danvers.

In Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps, Col. Carol Danvers, a/k/a Captain Marvel, is the key protector of the Hala Field part of Battleworld. Carol leads the Banshees, an ace team of all-female fighter pilots (many based on characters from Carol’s recent series). At a point where Captain Marvel and her t
Tsana Dolichva
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps written by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Kelly Thompson and illustrated by David Lopez and Laura Braga is the Captain Marvel-centred volume that came out of the Secret Wars (Warzones) event. It features Carol Danvers and the Banshee Squadron that we saw in the very first run of Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel, back in 2012. (The volume also contains issue #17 of that Captain Marvel run, which makes for rather odd chronology.)

I have to start off by saying I have no id
Anita !Fajita! Pita
My first read of the year had to go to DeConnick and Carol Danvers.

I was confused a lot at first. I still am. I'm all for some crossover and superhero mingling between comics, but at this point I don't even know what the hell is going on.

Obviously they're in some weird, brainwashed or reset alternative story in which they worship and revere "Doom" and don't even know that there is more than their planet out there? There's some sort of Thor Corp military... wtf? I've read Thor and Captain Marve
Sara
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Flying armies of Thors, Carol Corps, and brainwashed alternative realities! I'm lost without Kree powers or a good fighter jet.
Other than being lost, however, I enjoyed the second half. What's not to love about a villainous tech mogul spouting Ayn Rand --in superhero land 'absolute objectivism'--and receiving this glorious smack down?
"Times are hard. Economically, socially--Hell, we hadn't recovered from the hurricane before some alien tried to set his city down on top of us. Post-traumatic str
Renay
I loved all the characters, the team dynamic, and the character cameo, but I'm not convinced by the Secret Wars nonsense at all. I 100% don't understand the cliffhanger or how Carol is here but also in A-Force. Potentially this will make more sense when Secret Wars finally wraps up (please let it finally end in January, oh my gosh).

EVEN MORE THOUGHTS: http://ladybusiness.dreamwidth.org/20...
Craig
Feb 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ugh...what a waste of time and everyone's talent (except for that last issue, with art by Laura Braga--that's not talent, that's horrendous). The whole Warzones concept is just wrong. Until Marvel can get there stories back to some semblance of reality, I should probably just stop reading this crap.
Kelly K
Sep 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, graphic-novels
I really enjoyed the new series of Captain Marvel before the Secret Wars. I don't read a ton from the Secret Wars and I felt pretty lost in the story line. The issue 17 should have been thrown in with the previous Captain Marvel trade instead of at the end of this one.
Jordan Lahn
Meh, not a whole lot of Captain Marvel-ing in this series. Kind of hits you over the head with "girl power," which I guess has been a common thread in most of DeConnick's Carol stories. That being said it's a fun story for the most part. The ending is a little underwhelming though.
Renata
Mar 04, 2016 rated it liked it
(read as single issues)

I just....... would have rather had more regular Captain Marvel than this Secret Wars business????? like..... why.......did this happen

But also I still kinda teared up at the end, dammit Kelly Sue
Jenna
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read as single issues.

The ending was a bit anti-climactic but the ride to get there was so much fun!
David
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
Not quite as good as the previous Capt Marvel series. A bit drab really. But good. Worth reading for sure. Will be back for more in the next book.
Christina Kneidel
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel-comics
Overall I wasn't that impressed with these two volume sets of Captain Marvel by Kelly Sue Deconnick, hoping that the next volume set for this year by Margaret Stohl steps it up.
Charlie
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
not my favourite tie-in but pretty good, it was certainly interesting, i loved kit as a thor and it was good insight into battleworld
Dec 31, 2015 added it
I love Captain Marvel, she is such an inspiration. One of Marvel's best for sure.
Monika Spancheska
Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps is a stand-alone volume, part of the Secret Wars Battleworld parallel universes that Marvel was doing for a month (?) to promote the end of the Secret Wars Event. It was the only of the many volumes I actually bought, mostly because I was curious to read Kelly Sue DeConnick's take on Carol.

As a parallel universe, it's set in Hala Field; Doom has taken over the entire universe, and many parallel worlds have sprung up, all under his control. Carol is supposedly
Wing Kee
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars cause of nostalgia.

World: The art is fantastic. The motion the facial expressions, it's just great. The world building here is small and contained for the Secret Wars event. It's simple and steapunky. I like it.

Story: Small and self contained within the context of the event. I don't like that this was DeConnick's last arc but she did a good job saying goodbye with her at arc so this is just like a side story with a lot of Easter eggs and call backs. It's good, not great, but the sense
Aidan
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Amélie
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A really cool Captain Marvel adventure, probably one of my favourite Secret Wars stories so far. Quite fun and dynamic.

I'd probably have appreciated it even more if I had been more familiar with the characters, but it can serve as a nice introduction to them.

As for the "bonus" issue at the end of the book, it's another reminder that I really need to read DeConnick's first Captain Marvel run.
Stephen
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I could have enjoyed this more, but it's not really DeConnick's fault. Most of this volume is in the middle of one of Marvel's big, cross comic book things. So it starts nowhere near where volume 3 left off, and that story line is finished who knows where, but not in this volume).
Kelcey
I don't know what or when this is. I liked the characters but I felt confused most of the time. Probably not the best place to start with Captain Marvel even though I got this from Book Riot's article on where to start reading Captain Marvel before the movie comes out.
Jdetrick
I wish that Kelly Sue DeConnick's Captain Marvel run had ended with the previous series, because while not bad, this series is not nearly as good. It's all part of the Secret Wars crossover, and it just doesn't capture the magic of her earlier work on the character.
  • A-Force: Warzones!
  • Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Vol. 1: BFF
  • Giant-Size Little Marvel: AvX
  • All-New, All-Different Avengers, Volume 1: The Magnificent Seven
  • 1872

Secret Wars: Warzones! (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Secret Wars 2099
  • X-Men: Years of Future Past
  • Where Monsters Dwell: The Phantom Eagle Flies the Savage Skies
  • A-Force: Warzones!
  • Civil War: Warzones!
  • Weirdworld, Volume 0: Warzones!
  • 1602: Witch Hunter Angela
  • Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Vol. 0: Warzones!
  • Future Imperfect: Warzones!
  • Planet Hulk: Warzones!