Start by marking “Shadow in the Sea (Forbidden Sea, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow in the Sea (Forbidden Sea, #2)

Read Book

Shadow in the Sea

(Forbidden Sea #2)

When sixteen-year-old Sadelyn Hanson washes up on the shores of Windwaithe Island, her beauty and the strange marks on her wrist make superstitious locals suspect she is a mermaid. Feigning amnesia, Sade hides a far worse secret: she was sailing to her own murder trial when she was thrown overboard by the real killer, the cunning and cruel Captain Westwood.

Sade's quiet
Published July 2015 by Sheila A. Nielson

To ask other readers questions about Shadow in the Sea, please sign up.
Sheila Nielson The release date is still up in the air, but hopefully it will be sometime this Summer.

Start your review of Shadow in the Sea (Forbidden Sea, #2)
Sheila Nielson
Apr 11, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Alicia
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book. Oh my goodness it was so emotional. So you think its going to be your typical mermaid love story right? Girl falls in love with mermaid royalty happily ever after? Well, parts of it are, but theres SO MUCH MORE.

Oh my goodness. I love the old-fashioned feel of this book. The noblemen, the fancy clothes and fancy language, the propriety and improprietycontrasting so nicely with the fantastical element of the merworld. There was all sorts of island-y superstition and sailor
Sherry Fundin
Shadow in the Sea by Sheila A Nielson is a fantasy mermaid story. The opening made me feel, drat been there done that, but as I read on, I thought, okay this is a bit different. I know it is hard to come up with a unique and original twist on a common theme, but I think Shelia A Nielson was able to accomplish this in a big way.

Accused of murder, Sade was waiting for her deathuntil she found herself adrift in the ocean. Tossed overboard and meant to die, she was given a second chance. She was
Hazel
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shadow in the Sea is an absolute, unquestionable masterpiece. with a touch of tingling romance and mermaid fantasy, Sheila A. Nielson wove this tale of a beautiful girl, accused for murder, and the one, true merman who caught her heart from the first day they met.
I love this book! it was my second, wonderful, heartbreaking time i read Shadow in the Sea, and i loved it just as much as the first book to this series, Forbidden Sea. I would recommend this great book to every devoted reader who
Han C
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book! About time someone wrote a fairy tale like this - a very satisfying read. Stayed up till 2am to finish reading it as I couldn't put it down!

I read the first book a few years ago, which was awesome, and I've been waiting for the sequel to come out ever since.

Both books mix fantasy with gritty realism and express beautiful messages with imagery and characters that stay with you. Sheila expertly sucked me into all he emotions the heroine experienced, and it was such a
Stephanie
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book had everything that I was hungry for when I finished the first book. I loved to see Adrianne as an adult, as the horse mistress, and find out what happened between her and Denn. And if you were left wanting more mermaid in the first book, this one makes up for it. I am so glad she published this sequel.
Kristen Landon
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Even better than the first book.
Jenn Sut
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shadow in the Sea
Shelia A Nielson

4.5

I was given a book in exchange for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

Orphan Sadelyn Hanson was accused of killing her guardian. Only problem is that she didn't do it, and one one believes her. After surviving overboard a boat at sea during a storm, a local woman named Mrs. Rousay and her daughter Estelle help her heal. Sade, as she calls herself now, helps out around the house as she continues to heal.
Anastasia Bolinder
Meeting a new and fantastic heroine who is head strong sets the stage for an unforgettable story.

As some one who read Forbidden sea and fell in love with the story, coming back to Windwaithe was one of the best summer gifts I could ask for.The appearances of characters from the first book was like coming home again and getting to see what happened to all of them could not have made me any happier as a reader. Seeing the new characters and coming to know the island better I could not help but
Melonie
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!! I was mesmerized with this author's skill of story telling, she has a true talent.
For those who also read Forbidden Sea, we find out what happened to the characters in that novel.
Each book can be read alone, but I think you would enjoy more reading in order. I loved both!!!
I so hope for another book by Sheila Nielson!! If she writes it I will read it.
Caught Up In The Pages
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely Loved, Loved this follow up from Forbidden Sea. I sincerely hope Sheila has another book up her sleeve to add to the Forbidden Sea World. Maybe one, with the story focused on the world under the sea. As always, I love her writing and wish there were more pages to read.
Jenny
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I love the way Sheila writes, but there's no question her first book was a little better than this one, which is why I have it one less star.
That said, what a fun sequel! Mermaids, a fantastic villain, and a well set up plot.
Tom Chubby
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book was even more enchanting than the first one. I loved reading it. It felt nice meeting familiar character. Overall it was satisfying and magical.
🧜♀🤴🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🐙🌸
Scharlotte
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book! I was so sad when the story ended, I wanted the story to keep going on forever! Well done Sheila!!!
LaneyH2
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read the Sheila's other book, Forbidden Sea, and fell in love with it. This book is super good, if you like fantasy, and mermaids.
Tammy
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really like this story. It was a bit unusual and different from my typical reads. I wish I had more between Sade and Araedyn. Excited to read more by this author.
Greta
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS BOOK!!

Beautifully written.
Ashley
Nov 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
2.5 Stars

I wanted to like this. I really did. Read my full review here:

Kaiyisah
Dec 30, 2019
Ally
Apr 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Nightshade (Nightshade, #1; Nightshade World, #4)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2; Nightshade World #5)
  • Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6)
  • Tempest Rising (Tempest, #1)
  • Maleficent
  • Ruined (Ruined, #1)
  • Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)
  • The Tell-Tale Heart and Other Writings
  • Wake (Watersong, #1)
  • Sea Change
  • Two Summers
  • Fins Are Forever (Fins, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Mirror
  • Just for Fins (Fins, #3)
  • Forgive My Fins (Fins, #1)
  • Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham: For Soprano, Boy Soprano, and Orchestra
  • Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1)
  • Miss Fortune (Poison Apple #3)
In addition to writing books, Sheila A. Nielson has also worked as a children's librarian for over eighteen years. She also has a BFA in children's illustration. She is also a miniature artist who collects and creates dollhouses. She also likes to use this skill to create jewelry with lockets that have miniature scenes inside them.

Forbidden Sea (2 books)
  • Forbidden Sea (Forbidden Sea, #1)