Start by marking “Pastels and Jingle Bells (Heavenly Bites Novella #1)” as Want to Read:
Pastels and Jingle Bells (Heavenly Bites Novella #1)

Pastels and Jingle Bells

(Heavenly Bites #1)

Trish Ackerly never expected to cross paths with Ian Rafferty again, but when she spots the former bully of her childhood years through her bakery window, she thinks she may just have been given the best Christmas gift ever: the opportunity to finally give Ian the comeuppance he deserves.

ebook
Published April 4th 2015 by Smashwords Edition (first published October 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Pastels and Jingle Bells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pastels and Jingle Bells

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Pastels and Jingle Bells is book one in the Heavenly Bites series by Christine S. Feldman and Elaina Lee. I think this is probably the sweetest little novella I have ever read. I was hooked after the first page.

photo cookies_zpse376d71b.jpg

Trish Ackerly owns a bakery with her friend and business partner, Nadia. Trish is also an artist and has quite a flair for painting Christmas scenes in the window. And that’s what got the attention of Ian Rafferty when he stopped into the store to see if he could hire the artist to pain
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Pastels and Jingle Bells

Book Description

But clearly she does not have a knack for this whole revenge thing, because before she can make good on her plans, Trish gets inadvertently drawn into Ian’s life in an une
Jacob Proffitt
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chaste, romance
This is a really short introduction to a new series and I'm glad I picked it up. I was hesitant at first because I'm not really a fan of the bumble-girl trope and Trish has a lot of bumbles in the first couple of scenes. Fortunately, those end early and don't show up again.

And there are few things more attractive than the protective father out of his depth and not afraid to ask for help. So Ian was pretty full of win. I loved the relationship progression and the role Ian's daughter Kelsey played
Katie W
It's getting to be about the time of the year when Christmas stories come out. I was excited to read this one because I really do love Christmas stories--especially romantic ones.

Trish had a difficult childhood, all because of a bully, Ian. Years later, when their paths meet again, she has the chance for revenge, but can she do it?

Trish has really done a lot for herself to get to the point she's at. She's happy and successful and even though she holds a grudge, she doesn't let that get in the w
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Cute! I enjoyed this short story. While it was short it still felt complete and well developed. I liked the premise. Ian was a bully to Trisha growing up. She is stunned when she runs into him again and plans on giving him a piece of her mind, but things don't go as planned. It was a sweet story.

Content: Clean, G.
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Oh my gosh! This was the cutest and heartwarming story ever and so christmassy! I'm really glad I got a chance to read it. Again a huge thank you to Christine S. Feldman, the author of this lovely short story.

When Trish Ackerly crosses paths with Ian Rafferty, who used to be her childhood bully she decides to tell him exactly what she always had wanted to and finally get her revenge. But things don't plan out as Trish wants when she learns Ian isn't the same guy he used to be.

There aren't many n

1 Kindle Copy of
Pastels & Jingle Bells
by Christine S. Feldman
October 26, 2013 - November 9, 2013

Quite frankly, this might be one of the most charming short Christmas stories ever!

Trish Ackerly was bullied by Ian Rafferty in her early teens, then suddenly Ian disappeared from the town. Now years later he's back and all those old hurt feelings of being bullied resurface for Trish.

When Ian sees Trish's beautiful art work on the bake
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
For a short story, it told a really full story, until the end, then it felt very rushed. Cute Christmas time story though. I would've liked to have known a little more about what happened in the end, but it still ended in a hea.
Mona
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes
Loved it...A heartfelt, heartwarming, feel good..Christmas novella...I received this ARC from Christine S. Feldman for an honest review..Trish Ackerly works at Heavenly Bites bakery..When Ian Rafferty comes into the bakery who is that last person Trish every expects to see...She has not seen him since junior HS...where he tormented her, and made her life horrible to say the least..She takes one look at him and hides..She has her business partner Nadia help him..
It's very funny and could not stop
*P
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sweet-reads
5 Star Novella

This was the first book I have read by Christine Feldman but it will not be my last. Pastels and Jingel Bells is the first in the Heavenly Bites Novella Series. I found this book to be a great quick read with many of the elements I love: awkward good girl growing up into a confident, attractive young woman, cute bad boy transforming to sensitve good looking guy, and great friends to help the heroine along the way. (Pop is the best!!)

While I rarely read novellas due to always wantin
P.A. Warren
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC for an honest review.

This was an amazing Christmas read by Christine S.Feldman. I loved that Trish was so dead set on making Ian pay for what he did to her years ago only to find out that he has grown up and has no clue who he is.She then has to help him and somehow becomes intricately entwined in his life and like all good plans...her's somehow went awry.
Pastels and Jingle Bells was a wonderful read although I wish it was a bit longer.However that being said it was written
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I have something sweet to share with you today! If you are looking for a quick, fun holiday romance to read, this is your book. It's squeeky clean and, well, it just made me happy. :)

I'm so booked up for reviews this month- December is crazy, right? Anyway, I just had to squeeze this one in before Christmas because it has Jingle Bells in the title and you just never know when you will want a book you can get through in one cold, winter night.

I love Trish. She was tormented in school by Ian and n
1.5 stars.

Sweet and safe, but with very little character development.
Sarah Aisling
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Pastels and Jingle Bells is the first novella in the Heavenly Bites series and my first experience with Christine S. Feldman’s writing.

Trish Ackerly is propelled back to her awkward childhood years when she runs into Ian Rafferty who used to pick on her mercilessly. He left such a mark that Trish went to great lengths to leave her previous self behind: fixing her teeth; becoming a sexy, self assured woman; and leaving behind her given name, Patricia, in favor of Trish.

The story starts right in w
Caroline Barker
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SEASONAL ROMANTIC FUN

Pastels & Jingle Bells gripped me from the first few pages and the story grows very quickly in this short, beautiful, seasonal contemporary romantic novella.

Trish encounters her former school bully, Ian, at her bakery years after high school has finished. He has absolutely no idea who she is and Trish decides to use this at her advantage and begins to plan her revenge. However, Trish becomes drawn into Ian's life in ways she'd never imagine and during this time her plans
Lori
Find this review and more at Lusty Penguin Reviews!

Christine S. Feldman pens a delightful and heartwarming contemporary romance in Pastels & Jingle Bells, the first novella in the Heavenly Bites series.

While working at a Heavenly Bites bakery, Trish Ackerly creates a beautiful holiday window painting that draws Ian Rafferty’s eye. He wants to hire Trish to paint a couple of windows at his house, hoping they will cheer up his daughter, Kelsey’s Christmas. Trish can hardly believe her luck whe
Ellen
Originally posted on The Canon! {http://canireadeverything.blogspot.co...}

I've fallen in love with Ms. Feldman's work this past year, and Pastels and Jingle Bells follows her standard of warm and cozy romances.

This short novella has everything I love about winter romances: snow, bakeries (!), good friends, and a old connection renewed again. When the novella opens and we find the main character, Trish Ackerly, dropping to the floor of her bakery to avoid the gaze of Ian Rafferty, I was in love.
Sandy S
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Pastels and Jingle Bells is the first novella in Christine Feldman’s new series of contemporary romance novellas.

The storyline focuses on Trish and the painful memories of being bullied by the now devastatingly handsome and single dad Ian Rafferty. When Ian re-enters Trish’s life, she is prepared for the worse but she will be surprised when the boy that Trish once knew is not the man with whom she is falling in love.

The relationship between Trish and Ian begins as a business arrangeme
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Kim
for Read Your Writes Book Reviews

Christine S. Feldman is becoming one of my favorite authors. She makes me laugh in her books and anytime I talk to her via email.

When I found out she had a Christmas novella, I couldn’t wait to read it. And after seeing the excerpt of the book where the heroine hid from the hero behind a counter in her bakery, I was definitely sold.

As kids, Ian Rafferty made Patricia "Trish" Ackerly's life miserable. At twelve-years-old, Ian consistently called Tr
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
*Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World :)*

I absolutely loved this novella! I enjoyed every part of it, it was a heartwarming story that left me in a good Christmas spirit. When Trish Ackerly finds out that her childhood bully has comes back to town, she wasn't expecting to cross paths with him, but Ian Rafferty has other plants. He plans to hire her to paint the windows of his house to add just a bit more live and Christmas spirit. But what happens when he doesn't remember who she is?
M.J. Schiller
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best things about being a writer is the opportunity to meet other writers. When I first got into the business I was amazed by the way writers support each other. The only thing that beats it is getting to know a writer, and then reading one of their books and being blown away by it. WOW, Christine Feldman! I am so impressed! Your sense of humor really shines through in your writing style. I loved this book! I loved Trish, I loved Ian, I loved Kelsey!

Christine is one of those writers
Gaby
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Posted at Oh My Books!

I loved this short novel! It's the story of Trish and Ian. Ian used to bully her in school but suddenly disappeared and now he's back. She is ready for revenge but wasn't expecting to find him as a sweet father who is dealing with his daughter's bullying. So by mistake she ends up hiding her identity and painting his windows for Christmas.

I liked Trish and Ian. Trish is a fun girl who was all about revenge until saw him with his daughter, it warms her heart and really she's
Marlena Smith
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this novella, we read about Trish Ackerly. Although now she owns a bakery and is quite the talented artist, she was bullied (and scarred) back in grade school. Her nemesis—Ian Rafferty—of that bullying walks into her bakery, giving her the hope of returned justice, the perfect Christmas gift. Opportunity presents itself when her painting services are requested of him. To her surprise, he is a changed man, causing her effort at revenge to not be so much effort. She learns he is full of surpris ...more
Cerian
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Rookie Romance.

This was a great little introduction to Christine Feldman's writing. There's a lot of warmth and humour suffused in her writing style, and the characters were all very likable.

It's short and sweet, and exactly what I was in the mood for. I'm also a sucker for holiday stories, and this is a cute, heart-warming Christmas novella.

Ian sounds hot, and he's a single father to an adorable little girl. It was so sweet to see that side of him, the father just trying
Heather Wardrup
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, I didn't realize that this was a novella when I clicked to buy it, and I really wish it had been a full length novel. I was a little surprised when what I read in the blurb showed up within the first paragraph or two, so I checked and, sure enough, novella. I read it within a couple of hours (literally two, even with kids interrupting), so it is definitely a fast read, and perfect for traveling, or if you just want a quick escape before bed.

The story line was a lot of fun, and the char
Paula Ratcliffe
Deborah Cordes
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The following review will be written for the entire Heavenly Bites Collection by Christine S. Feldman.

Delightful, witty, cute, funny, engaging, well-written... did I say delightful? Yes, I did. I've fallen in love with Ian, Benji, and Doyle, and the trio of ladies who fall for them. I love the character of Gran as well; her "meddling" was spot on and reminded me of one of my great-grannies, whom I was lucky enough to know. I hope Ms. Feldman considers doing sequels for each story, as I would be
Kelly
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a highly entertaining and well written read. Light and easy entertainment. While somewhat predictable, still sweet in presentation and imminently relatable. If you are a woman, the likelihood is high that there is someone in your past that tortured you that you would love to say, "Look at me now, eat your heart out!" Trish Ackerly is given that opportunity to face former rival Ian Rafferty, but when she meets his daughter, her plan falls apart.

The writing is engaging, the characters are
Loredana (Bookinista08)
I found this book for free on Amazon and I'm so glad I decided to give it a shot! It's a cute Christmassy novella with a twist, and I truly appreciated the fact that it gave me Christmas cheer WHILE discussing about more sensitive topics, such as bullying. Okay, I admit, it is not a serious case of bullying, but still... I liked how the author dealt with the emotional scars that bullying gives its victim and how hard it is for those scars to heal even after 20 years have passed. All in all, I re ...more
Tiffany Willams
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable!!!!

I love a good enemies to friends to lovers stories!! Especially when you add a child into the mix!

Trisha had spent her childhood years being tormented by Ian, only to have him show up eighteen years later as a single dad, and too much to resist.

Ian needs help to brighten his daughter's Christmas, and Trish is just the person to do it. He just never imagined that she was everything he needed this Christmas too.

Be still my heart! Such a sweet story!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
  • The Christmas Wish (Heart of Montana, #2)
  • Christmas in Snow Valley  (Snow Valley Romance Anthologies, #1)
  • The Red Order (Order of the Seers, #2)
  • The Christmas Eve Kiss (Christmas in Snow Valley #4)
  • Mistletoe and Mochas (Holidays and Heroes, #1)
  • Stranded with a Hero (Three River Ranch, #3.5, Lone Pine Lake, #2.5; Real Men, #2.5; Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • Collared (Going to the Dogs #4)
  • Sweet Magik (Klaus Brothers, #2)
  • Feels Like Love (Christmas in Snow Valley #2)
  • Christmas Dinner
  • Mistletoe Magic (Bar V5 Dude Ranch #2; Copper Mountain Christmas #3)
  • Starting from Scratch
  • Full Court Devotion (Christmas in Snow Valley #3)
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • Naughty & Nice: A Holiday Collection
  • Morning Light (A Day of Pleasure, #1)
  • The Trouble With Mistletoe (A Brookhollow Story, #1)
Christine S. Feldman writes both novels and feature-length screenplays, and she has placed in screenwriting competitions on both coasts. She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her ballroom-dancing husband and their beagle.

Heavenly Bites (3 books)
  • Love Lessons (Heavenly Bites Novella #2)
  • Playing Cupid (Heavenly Bites #3)
“Life’s too short to let your past screw up your future.” 0 likes