Start by marking “Therapy Poetry: From The Notebook of A Child Abuse Survivor” as Want to Read:
Therapy Poetry: From The Notebook of A Child Abuse Survivor

Therapy Poetry: From The Notebook of A Child Abuse Survivor

2.75  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Life is a series of ongoing decisions. For adults like me, a survivor of child abuse, making wise choices can be a problem. I lived the pain of an abusive childhood, with an alcoholic mentally ill father. It took me a long time, a teenage religious conversion, and a lot of therapy as an adult, to find the tools of wise decision making. It is this painful journey, of 'conne ...more
Published May 2nd 2013 (first published September 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Therapy Poetry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Therapy Poetry

A~lotus
May 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mature readers
Recommended to A~lotus by: No one
Janice Ross
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love to connect with a book. When I can smile, laugh, get angry, scared or cry with the writer/poet. When I feel the flow of all that's, given poured into the work, and I'm able to see the poet's soul. That's what I've gotten from Clara B. Ray's Therapy Poetry. Ray's poems and prose invite her audience to live the life that she's lived through. From a little child on up, I could more than imagine the abuse and pain that she endured.

Ray's mastery of language is impressive. I am a lover of words
Milly Huang
rated it did not like it
May 10, 2015
Annastasia Zellars
Aug 31, 2016
Heidi
Jul 26, 2017
Clara B. Ray, author, speaker, poet, and freelance writer resides in Oklahoma City. The fifty-nine year old mother of two and grandmother of five, grew up in Ardmore, Oklahoma, as Clara Finley. She became a licensed minister in 1994, and is a State of Oklahoma retiree. She is the author of eight books.

Clara has a background rich in advocacy, self-help, and health & wellness; as a former health