Start by marking “Embrace Me (Ross Siblings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Embrace Me (Ross Siblings, #1)

Embrace Me

(Ross Siblings #1)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  30,535 ratings  ·  1,128 reviews
Kelseys Ehemann hat sie betrogen. Nicht nur mit irgendwem, sondern ausgerechnet mit der Verlobten ihres besten Freundes Evan. Kelsey befürchtet durch den Treuebruch auch Evan zu verlieren, doch er hat schon einen Plan, um dies zu verhindern. Ein gemeinsamer Urlaub auf Hawaii soll ihre gebrochenen Herzen heilen. Dass sie sich dabei Hals über Kopf ineinander verlieben, war a ...more
Published June 5th 2015 by Egmont LYX (first published April 21st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Embrace Me, please sign up.
Sara Around their 30s, from what I understand :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Warning! This title contains explicit sex between best friends, graphic language--and a hero who knows how to put the hot in "hot tub."

This is one of those times when I want to smack myself right upside the head for waiting so long to read a book because, wow, what a fun, emotional, sexy surprise Unleashed turned out to be. It has a great romance and an interesting, believable plot and to say this story is hot is putting it mildly!

I absolutely adored Evan. So amazing, so sexy, so wonderful… and
Mo
Nov 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was only an OK read for me. Usually I love the whole friends to lovers thing but this was lacking something. The sex scenes were fairly hot. I think the problem for me is when I finish a REALLY good book and then come across a book which I would probably think is quite good, after reading the REALLY good book ... are ya still with me? ... my expectation are way too high and I come away disappointed. I know loads of folks loved this one and kept reading the series. Not so sure I will.

Choko
*** 3 ***

An OK book for what it is - a contemporary romance with a lot of sex. It was not bad, but it was not that good either, very mediocre and a bit forgettable. I can't give it anything lower than 3 stars because there really isn't anything particularly wrong with the writing or the story, so it fits right in the middle. If I try to summarize the story, there will be not much left apart from sex for any who would like to read it to discover, so I am going to leave it at that.

I wish you all
Kelly
Apr 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, buddy-read
I liked this book, maybe not as much as I liked Rock Me, but there's only one Brian. Evan and Kelsey were really cute together and the sex scenes in the hot tub and in Evan's office were hot!

Looking forward to the third book in this series.
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost 4 stars.

“This has to be the craziest, scariest, sexiest, most emotionally exhausting and unbelievably orgasmic vacation I ever had.”

Another great fluff read! A super hot ‘n’ steamy, best-friend-to-lovers romance about the healing of two broken hears. A great light read for in between intense books.

For those of you who have read Rock Me, this is the first book from that series, about Brian‘s older brother. The books in this series do not need to be read in order though – they are each
Kristen
Unleashed was, for the most part, an entertaining read. It's a bona fide friends-to-lovers storyline with all the typical, annoying, and at times, frustrating cliché scenarios. The hero was likable and swoon worthy, but I often found myself annoyed with the heroine. She was just a little too martyr-ish for my liking.

The chemistry between hero and heroine, however, made for some deliciously hot sex scenes. And that alone made reading this book worthwhile.

Overall, Unleashed is a somewhat forgetta
Juliana Philippa
4.5 stars.
“I missed you,” she said softly and, though the top of her head only reached his chin, he heard that voice as if it had whispered in his ear. This was right. This was how they should be. He vowed in that moment to never let anyone come between them again. “I missed you, too,” he murmured.
Any fans of friends-to-lovers romances out there? If so, this is the book for you! I personally love this type of romance setup, because by default it avoids the immediate-lust trap that I have a str
If you like books with lots of unnecessary angst, characters who like to torture themselves by watching the object of their unrequited love date lots of other people, you will love this book. The writing was engaging enough. The fact that I finished this book despite everything is a testament to that fact. I, however, couldn't really stand this book. Here are the reasons why:

1) The pining. It takes some really great writing to make me like a story with pining, especially such that has gone on fo
Duchess Nicole
I ended up reading the Ross books backwards, Starting with Rock Me. And I must say, I didn't expect to love Evan so much. But his relationship with Kelsey just felt so right...from the first page of their story, I felt good about them. And when they get their sexy on, whew! **Fanning myself**

Evan is the older Ross brother. He has no self esteem hangups. He's a lawyer, so his situation is set. Now all he needs is a wife and 2.5 kids. His best friend since college is Kelsey, who used to be marrie
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Nov 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erotica fans
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
Evan Ross knows how to treat his woman right!

First off, I need to thank Elena, my smut librarian for this recommendation! Love ya!

Unleashed is a great friends to lovers story. I thought Evan was just the sweetest guy in the entire world. Under terrible times, Evan and Kelsey fly off to Hawaii to escape their fuck-up lives. I will admit, some parts that were a little too mushy for my taste, but it also made the romance believable.

And the sex? The sex was HAWT! Like I said, Evan know how to eat
Christy
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Evan and Kelsey are old friends. Kelsey caught her husband with Evan's fiancee in their bed. Obviously Kelsey gets divorced and Evan breaks off the engagement. There is just a matter of Evan's nonrefundable Hawaii honeymoon... he decides to take his old friend Kelsey. Sparks fly and they realize they are much more than friends... due to other issues they get called back from trip early, some drama there but the ending does not dissapoint. I have to say If you like this PLEASE read 'Rock Me' abou ...more
Lindsay
This book has been on my TBR list for a while, and it was worth the wait. I loved this book. I read Rock Me, not knowing there was another book related to it. Evan and Kelsey were a great couple, but was a little irritated with Kelsey's ex-husband and the interference his presence played in Evan and Kelsey's relationship.

Other than that, I had no complaints. I had a hard time putting the book down, and stayed up way to late reading it. I can't wait to read other books from this author.
Alaina
smutazing? Is that a thing? It should be.

Unleashed is a story about two friends who turned into lovers. They also got a second chance at love. How? Well, Kelsey and Evan went to the same school and met during a class when they were forced to be partners on a project. From then they were sort of inseparable. Little did they know that they both had cute little crushes on each other. Everything changed when she was introduced to his best friends because they eventually married. Of course Evan ended
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

If the heroine hadn't have spent half the book crying and whining about her ex to the hero this would have been an okay read, but as it was their story felt overshadowed by the past and her 'cry me a river' scenes.
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
Ive read Rock Me before Unleashed. And i had this impression that Evan was stiff, too strict and too bossy with a big brother attitude... but i love him in this one! I'm a sucker of bff turns to lover thing...i love their drama and discovering that what you've searching all along is right by your side...yay!!!LOL

Evan was Kelsey's bestfriend who is also the bestfriend of his husband Todd, who kelsey caught having sex with Evan's fiancee Courtney.. Then there's the divorce, cancelled wedding &
Jen
December 2013 reread.

Don't get me wrong. My love for Brian Ross and his bad ass, fierce ways means Candace is one lucky bitch! I sometimes forget just how much Evan Ross rocked my world with this first book, though. Great time for a re-read!
Laz the Sailor
This is a strong 3-stars. Well developed characters and only slightly outrageous angst. Long-time friends to lovers - why did we wait so long? Friends and family confuse everything. Moderately hot sex scenes, with lots of warmth and snuggling.

I'll read the next in the series.
Awilk -never sleeps-
I was expecting a late night so I could finish this, but instead I made the kids look after themselves so I could get this finished at a reasonable hour. Plus I didn't want to stop reading this.
If the main characters had communicated a little better there relationship would have been so much better, and they wouldn't of wasted years apart. That would of made for a very boring story though, and I would of missed out on reading this wonderful, feel good romance.
I truly enjoyed this much more than
 ~V~
Omg, i loved this book!! It was sooooo sweet and sexy as all get out!! Loved the whole friends to lovers theme. Loved that Evan and Kelsie had secretly been pining away for each other for ten years but remained nothing more than super close friends through other relationships, and a failed marriage. Everything they suffered through made their HEA, in the end, sooo much sweeter!! Loved it!!!

Wendy
Sep 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a great and beautiful story. I couldn't help but fall in love with Evan Ross. The chemistry he and Kelsey share, just blew me away, and it certainly got the little heartstring into a flutter.

Girls, you were so right, I did love this one!
Karen
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a sweet romance story!!!! I loved Evan and Kelsey's story. It was the perfect HEA I needed after the emotional roller coasters I've been reading lately. It had everything a really good romance needs. Evan Ross... so swoony... the lighthearted and funny guy, gorgeous and confident, successful in his life, but lacking in his romantic history. As a serial monogamist, Evan, liked attachment but never quite felt fulfilled after long time college friend the beautiful and sweet Kelsey, met and mar ...more
Catherine
I've read this series backwards and am surprised by how different this was from the second and third book. It's pretty conventional and sweet, but forgettable. I liked the friends-to-lovers theme, and enjoyed the dynamic between the two leads, but the history between the two led to too much martyr behavior and weepiness from the heroine. I think I would have enjoyed a longer time period for the romance. Everything felt too quick.
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
I just want to start by saying how freaking disturbing that beginning was. I mean come on, cheating on your wife with her best friends fiancé? How freaking low can one get? There’s a special place in hell for Todd and Courtney, that’s for sure!

Even Ross is all male. His best friend kept him in place back at school and he’s never let her go since. After the breakup with his fiancé he finds himself with feelings for his best friend but he couldn’t possibly act on them, could he?

Kelsey Peterson is
Emily
Mar 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: betrayal, own-kindle
When Kelsey walked in on her husband with her close friend's fiance' going at it, she thought her life had fallen apart. Evan was not worried he had lost his fiance' but he was concerned for his long time friend Kelsey, trying to give her space and yet be there for her he figures enough time has passed that she needs a push to start her life again.

Evan invites Kelsey on the honeymoon he never took as friends, but Evan quickly finds that he wants Kelsey a lot more than friends. Kelsey has always
R.E. Hunter
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. It was a quick read but that didn't change anything for me. I read the Ross Siblings books out of order, so I read Rock Me first. I really didn't think anything/anyone could beat Brian Ross. That book was a lemon bonanza and I immediately fell for Brian. I held off a bit before reading Unleashed because I thought it would pale in comparison to Rock Me, but to me it was actually better! I thought there was such a sweet, amazing story behind Evan and Kelsey's love. It ...more
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Lite erotica romance. Eh. I went back and read this because it was the book that came before Rock Me. This book was pretty mediocre and standard, whereas I truly enjoyed the fun and rebellious vibe of Rock Me. I'd say skip this one and go right to Rock Me if you like your boys bad and your settings to be of the tattoo parlor and rock concert variety, rather than being stuck in a stuffy office and Hawaiian hotel room. The books read like stand-alones, so you're not missing much by skipping this o ...more
Kathleen
Feb 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this story, it was an easy hot read for me that had a very HEA ending.
Felicia
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a super cute book. With the title being Unleashed, I was expecting some like grand book that was going to have action and adventure as well as smut. Lol. But it was lovey dovey and cute and shit. But still a good book.

This is the story of Kelsey and Evan who had been best friends for a decade. They're significant others cheated on Kelsey and Evan with one another. So naturally they ended up single. Kelsey and Evan have had secret feelings for one another forever. They take a trip to Haw
Rika Kali
May 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
First of all- I hate whiners.
I hate heroines who are all broken over a man who left them for someone else.
I hate little girls who have harbored a serious crush on a guy friend because that's just tainting friendship. We've all had cute guy friends that we've had puppy crushes over but that was all that was.

The lead female character is all-

"OMG! I waited so long for you! I have been waiting for you to give me some attention since college! I have always secretly had a crush over you but I settled
Steph
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
I've had this book on my Kindle for such a long time, and I wish I had read it sooner because I loved it.
I really liked the fact that it was Kelsey and Evan who were friends before their partners came along (that they didn't meet through them). They had been through so much together already, both desperately wanting to be together all these years but both equally afraid to lose their incredible friendship.

Now, together they face the aftermath of both of their partners cheating on them, with
  • A Very Naughty Xmas
  • Sweet as Sin
  • Liberating Lacey
  • Take Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #3)
  • Insatiable
  • Heavy Issues (Bowen Boys, #2)
  • Strangers
  • Hot in Here
  • Tempt Me Tonight
  • Damaged Goods
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • Fallen from Grace
  • Beyond Eden (Eden, #1)
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Bound To You (One Night of Passion #1.5)
  • Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1)
  • The Reluctant Nude
  • Negligee Behavior
Cherrie Lynn has been a CPS caseworker and a juvenile probation officer, but now that she has come to her senses, she writes contemporary and paranormal romance on the steamy side. It's *much* more fun. She's also an unabashed rock music enthusiast, and loves letting her passion for romance and metal collide on the page.

When she's not writing, you can find her reading, listening to music or playin

Ross Siblings (5 books)
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings, #2)
  • Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings, #3)
  • Take Me On (Ross Siblings, #4)
  • Watch Me Fall (Ross Siblings, #5)
“Evan …” she murmured, wrapping her soft arms around his neck. Their position had her lips near his ear. She’d lost her headband somewhere. He could smell the strawberry of her shampoo, feel the tickle of her sluggish breath stirring his hair. “Evan.”

“Kelsey. Move over here, lie down.”

She pulled back slightly, her bleary eyes trying to focus on his. The weight of her head still seemed too much for her neck to support and her hair flowed over his arm. “Evan, I always liked you.”

“I always liked you, too, honey.” The way she kept saying his name in that intoxicated purr, savoring the v between her teeth and her bottom lip, was unnerving. Unnerving, hell. It had his dick twitching in his pants. “Come on, girl, you need to sleep it off.”

“I mean I like liked you.”

[…] Her hands caught his face, surprising him. He should have moved away from her long ago, before she could get her hands on him. As it was, he felt like a fly caught in the sticky gossamer of a spider’s den. “Always wanted to fuck you, y’know that? Even when I was a virgin.”

He drew in a breath, exhaled it shakily. So much for prudish.

Note to self: Kelsey now gets unbelievably horny when drunk.”
27 likes
“I'd miss you. I'd miss you like crazy. I don't see how any man with a beating heart and rushing blood wouldn't” 25 likes