Start by marking “Midnight Bites” as Want to Read:

Midnight Bites

(The Morganville Vampires #Shorts collection)

Rachel Caine said this in her recent newsletters

MIDNIGHT BITES, the new Morganville Vampires short story anthology! It will bring together almost everything that I've written in short form about Morganville ... though I did leave out some of the original "diary" entries that appeared on an earlier version of the Morganville website, simply because they were just scenes and
Published March 1st 2016 by Allison & Busby

Start your review of Midnight Bites
Darinda
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
A collection of 22 short stories from The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine. Entertaining and fun reads. Stories are from various points of view, and give a little more insight into some of the characters. A must-read for fans of this series.

Read the series before reading these stories. Some can be read before the series, but familiarity with the characters is necessary to better understand these stories. Also, some of these contain spoilers if you haven't read the books yet.

The sto
~Tina~
Wow, the memories guys! The Morganville series has a very special place in my heart. It's the kind of escape where you never want to stop reading, miss it when it's over and crave for the next book. Rachel Caine has written 15 books in this world and then I had to say goodbye, so you can imagine my crazed reaction when I found out that she's not quite done with this extraordinary universe!
Now before I begin, I'd like to say that there is a reason I don't read very many novellas or anthology's. I
Ferdy
It wasn't terrible, the problem was that all the stories were very samey, and none of the characters had a distinct voice, they all sounded so similar to each other. Also, Shane and Michael really pissed me off, I didn't realise before just how awful they actually were. Eve and Claire could have done a lot better than them, I still find it ridiculous how they were both happy to marry their rubbish boyfriends when they were all only teenagers. I mean they hadn't even dated other guys or gone out ...more
Heather *Undercover Goth Queen*
Yay! I'm finished!

I would have loved to have this collection when I was reading the series. Whenever I finished a book I wasn't quite ready to leave the characters behind, so I would search out the Morganville short stories online and in anthologies. Some of them I found, but some I didn't. It's exciting to have them all in one place!

Although I do love this series and the characters, I have to say that they can be a teensy bit sexist. Especially Shane. Apparently I didn't notice before, but I cr
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
General rating: 3.5/5

Review to come for these short stories:

- New Blood
Shelves: 2017-reads
The Morganville Vampires
Rachel Caine

Myrnin's Tale
In this quick five page long shot story we find out a bit more of Myrnin's past.
As a small child till age ten Myrnin was taken by his mother to a wooden shack, to see his father. Myrnin's father had a disability, but due lack of knowledge in Myrnin's time people just assumed he was insane so therefore locked away and forgotten till he passed.
After this his mother gave him away to be an apprentice, out of fear he would end up li
Rachel Patrick
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review (and others) can be seen in all its properly formatted glory on my blog Beauty and the Bookshelf.

You know when a series you love comes to an end and you're filled with despair because you'll never get new stories from that world ever again? Can you imagine feeling that and then learning that, almost three years after one of your most favorite series came to a bittersweet end, there was going to be a new installment? I'll tell you what that feeling is. JOY. Pure, unadulterated JOY. Bu
Nicole
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nothing Like an Angel

Poor Myrnin, no wonder he goes crazy. Locked in a dark cold cell for so long, I would go crazy too. I mean he doesn’t even really remember his names for gosh sakes! Poor Guy Thank the heavens for Lady Grey.

His response when she asks him if he’s a madman cracks me up.

”It depends on the day of the week. And the direction of the wind.”

No wonder he couldn’t remember his own name, locked in the dark for ten months! I would go crazy too!

Where does the nickname spider come from
YA Reads Book Reviews
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nichole
Originally posted on www.yareads.com, reviewed by Nichole.

Wow……just wow. It has been a LONG time since I’ve visited Morganville. It’s probably been eight or nine years since I first started reading this series. Not to make myself sound old or anything…

With it being SO long since I’ve read the Morganville books, I will admit that some of these stories confused me. I didn’t automatically remember who everyone was and what was going on. If that’s something that’s really going to bother you, I would
Andy
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
This saved me from that horrible second book. I think I'll actually finish the series now. I really can't wait to see more of these secondary characters. And see Claire grow older. I think the characters will get better as the series continues.
Michelle
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Midnight Bites is a collection of short stories from the Morganville Vampires series. Some of these stories were added with permission form the Kickstarter backers for Red Hot Rain, some of them have been previously released in anthologies or other Morganville books. Midnight Bites is the first time these stories have all been collected into one book.

Midnight Bites was a book I wanted to take my time with, enjoying each story rather than racing through the pages, hence why my review is much late
Nancy The book junkie
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-to-review
Rating: 3.75/5

Review coming soon
Mizuki
I read a handful of short stories from this collection and I enjoy them, yet I lost interest a short time later because you seriously need to be a fan of the Morganville Vampires series to be interested in some of those stories. 3 stars only.
Shannon
Myrnin's Tale - 3 Stars - No new thoughts or revelations from last time I read it.

Nothing Like An Angel - 3 Stars - I always find Myrnin's thoughts so interesting. I do enjoy reading from his perspective. This story told a lot about his history.

New Blood - 3 Stars - This could be described as the story of Shane, Michael and Eve. It all happens before Claire comes to town.

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life - 3.5 Stars - Read in 2011. Original review here

Amelie's Story -
Angel
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, ebooks
I couldn't tell you how excited I was to see that Rachel Caine put together a Morganville short story collection! I wasn't ready for that series to end, even though there were fifteen books. It is easily my favorite young adult series. I fell in love with the characters and the storylines were creative and unique.

My most favorite character is Myrnin. He's a crazy genius vampire who wears vampire bunny slippers and is unapologetic when it comes to his actions. In his own way though, he protects
Diane Lynch
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
4 1/2 of 5 Stars

I love the Morganville Vampires. So when I saw this book, I had to read it. This is a wonderful collection of short stories that take place at various times throughout the series. The narratives are placed in timeline order. Some I already read and some were new.

I love that before each story Rachel Caine writes a little about what inspired the story. It is nice to get that kind of insight. I also appreciate that the stories are told from various character’s viewpoints. If you lo
jessica ☾
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really really love Myrnin, he’s probably my favorite character out of he entire series, but this just didn’t do it for me?

Merged review:

This was just okay, interesting to get more insight on their lives before they all lived together, but it wasn’t as engaging as some of the series other short stories.

Merged review:

This seems to get a lot of hate but I'm absolute trash for Eve and Micheal, so I loved this! Probably one of my favorite short stories front this series.

I actually rea
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sad to see it go
Darcy
I had read a couple of these stories before, but for the most of them they were new to me. I liked that most of them had the secondary characters front and center, giving up a different view of many people in the series. But I think the best part of this book were the blurbs the author had before each story, how she came up with them and often who she thanked for the story coming to fruition.
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. It satisfied my craving for more Myrnin stories and covered some of the things I was wondering about throughout the series. A lot of interesting characters and plot lines explored. This was a nice finish to the series. Though it may not be the last we see of Morganville!
Melissa Wilson
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wish-list
Need this I'm a crying right now this series has been my life since I was 11 and now a new book with morganville short stories is coming out !!!!!!!!!!
zaheerah
Jan 18, 2016 marked it as on-hold  ·  review of another edition
I'm so damn excited! Rachel's also having a UK tour for this! Hopefully, she comes to/near Brighton
Darinda
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-story-ya
Read in Midnight Bites.

Backstory on Myrnin. His descent into madness and his meeting Lady Grey.

A good story on Myrnin and his history.

Read in Midnight Bites.

A story from Eve's point of view. A lot going on with Eve, Michael, and Shane - a blood drive at school, Monica causing trouble, Eve's crush on Michael, and the death of Alyssa, Shane's sister.

An entertaining and fun look back at Eve, Michael, and Shane in high school, before they were enmeshed in the town of Morganville an
Chloe Dewhurst
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Why does it always have to end :(
Kim
Myrnin's Tale - 3/5
I love Myrnin, and loved seeing a bit of his past, but I didn't feel like there was enough.

Nothing Like an Angel - 5/5
This was the Myrnin tale I was hoping for! We know from the main Morganville stories that Myrnin had a troubled past. I hated seeing the pain he experienced (more than once), but loved seeing him find that one spark of goodness to keep him going.

Sam's Story - 3/5
Like with Myrnin's Tale, I felt like this was too short. I wanted so much more of Sam's back stor
Angela
Jul 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Kt
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession

I really enjoyed MIDNIGHT BITES. It's been a while since this series closed, so reading this book was almost like returning home to some of my favorite characters. There's a good mix of new content in between the previously released stories. I hadn't read any of the previously released parts, so this anthology was entirely new content for me, making me enjoy it even more.

There's a great mix of stories in this anthology, from things that last a
Jassicca
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Imprisoned, tortured and betrayed by his friend, Poor Myrnin was rescued twice by his 'angel' - Lady Grey. This was the first book I read from the series, so I didn't know much about the storyline yet, and why he was so important. I can't wait to read more about him!

Merged review:

Short story on the trio Eve, Shane and Michael. How they pissed off Monica and the consequences as well as learning on Eve's crush..❤❤

Merged review:

This book was a short story about the new alluring female vampire in to
Cecilie Kristensen
I didn't realise how much I missed Morganville, until I read this book! Now I have read 16 books set in Morganville with this set of characters, and I still hope that there is going to be more! Because when you first enter Morganville, you will never want to leave... Sorry but I couldn't resist to write that
Bibliofiendlm
Full review here: http://tinyurl.com/hobam5s
_________

A great collection of old and new stories from the Morganville series. I'm a bit sad to leave these characters behind but I was glad to read the Caine promised to revisit Morganville again in the future.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Updating book information 2 19 Jun 30, 2016 03:07PM

• One For the Money (Night Huntress, #4.5)
  • Conceal, Don't Feel
  • Fury's Kiss (Dorina Basarab, #3)
  • Diabolical (Tantalize, #4)
  • Big (A Real Man, #20)
  • After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse (Sookie Stackhouse, #13.5)
  • Blessed (Tantalize, #3)
  • The Last King (The Kings, #1)
  • Ignite
  • The Fearless King (The Kings, #2)
  • Hunted
  • Feral Magic (Druid Academy, #2)
  • Adrenaline
  • Close Up (Burning Cove #4)
  • Honey, I Shrunk the Werewolf
  • Urban Mystic Academy: Third Project (A Supernatural Academy Series Book 3)
  • Reign (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #4)
  • Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)