Start by marking “Midnight Bites” as Want to Read:

Midnight Bites

(The Morganville Vampires Shorts collection)

Rachel Caine said this in her recent newsletters

MIDNIGHT BITES, the new Morganville Vampires short story anthology! It will bring together almost everything that I've written in short form about Morganville ... though I did leave out some of the original "diary" entries that appeared on an earlier version of the Morganville website, simply because they were just scenes and
Published March 1st 2016 by Allison & Busby

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Bites, please sign up.
Anna's Herding Cats It's all sorts of pieces that surround the series. Some that were published in anthologies, some that were web specials, some that were just for the…moreIt's all sorts of pieces that surround the series. Some that were published in anthologies, some that were web specials, some that were just for the author as she tried to get to know/understand certain characters. Some are very short (only 4-5 pages) and others are a bit longer. They happen in order as the series progresses. Each starts with an explanation of why it was written and with little notes of interest.

(less)

~Tina~
Wow, the memories guys! The Morganville series has a very special place in my heart. It's the kind of escape where you never want to stop reading, miss it when it's over and crave for the next book. Rachel Caine has written 15 books in this world and then I had to say goodbye, so you can imagine my crazed reaction when I found out that she's not quite done with this extraordinary universe!
Now before I begin, I'd like to say that there is a reason I don't read very many novellas or anthology's. I
Ferdy
It wasn't terrible, the problem was that all the stories were very samey, and none of the characters had a distinct voice, they all sounded so similar to each other. Also, Shane and Michael really pissed me off, I didn't realise before just how awful they actually were. Eve and Claire could have done a lot better than them, I still find it ridiculous how they were both happy to marry their rubbish boyfriends when they were all only teenagers. I mean they hadn't even dated other guys or gone out ...more
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
Yay! I'm finished!

I would have loved to have this collection when I was reading the series. Whenever I finished a book I wasn't quite ready to leave the characters behind, so I would search out the Morganville short stories online and in anthologies. Some of them I found, but some I didn't. It's exciting to have them all in one place!

Although I do love this series and the characters, I have to say that they can be a teensy bit sexist. Especially Shane. Apparently I didn't notice before, but I cr
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
General rating: 3.5/5

Review to come for these short stories:

- New Blood
Shelves: 2017-reads
The Morganville Vampires
Rachel Caine

Myrnin's Tale
In this quick five page long shot story we find out a bit more of Myrnin's past.
As a small child till age ten Myrnin was taken by his mother to a wooden shack, to see his father. Myrnin's father had a disability, but due lack of knowledge in Myrnin's time people just assumed he was insane so therefore locked away and forgotten till he passed.
After this his mother gave him away to be an apprentice, out of fear he would end up like
Rachel Patrick
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review (and others) can be seen in all its properly formatted glory on my blog Beauty and the Bookshelf.

You know when a series you love comes to an end and you're filled with despair because you'll never get new stories from that world ever again? Can you imagine feeling that and then learning that, almost three years after one of your most favorite series came to a bittersweet end, there was going to be a new installment? I'll tell you what that feeling is. JOY. Pure, unadulterated JOY. Bu
YA Reads Book Reviews
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nichole
Originally posted on www.yareads.com, reviewed by Nichole.

Wow……just wow. It has been a LONG time since I’ve visited Morganville. It’s probably been eight or nine years since I first started reading this series. Not to make myself sound old or anything…

With it being SO long since I’ve read the Morganville books, I will admit that some of these stories confused me. I didn’t automatically remember who everyone was and what was going on. If that’s something that’s really going to bother you, I would
Andrea
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
This saved me from that horrible second book. I think I'll actually finish the series now. I really can't wait to see more of these secondary characters. And see Claire grow older. I think the characters will get better as the series continues.
Nicole
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Myrnin’s Tale

(view spoiler)

Nothing Like an Angel

(view spoiler)
Michelle
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Midnight Bites is a collection of short stories from the Morganville Vampires series. Some of these stories were added with permission form the Kickstarter backers for Red Hot Rain, some of them have been previously released in anthologies or other Morganville books. Midnight Bites is the first time these stories have all been collected into one book.

Midnight Bites was a book I wanted to take my time with, enjoying each story rather than racing through the pages, hence why my review is much late
Mizuki
I read a handful of short stories from this collection and I enjoy them, yet I lost interest a short time later because you seriously need to be a fan of the Morganville Vampires series to be interested in some of those stories. 3 stars only.
Shannon
Myrnin's Tale - 3 Stars - No new thoughts or revelations from last time I read it.

Nothing Like An Angel - 3 Stars - I always find Myrnin's thoughts so interesting. I do enjoy reading from his perspective. This story told a lot about his history.

New Blood - 3 Stars - This could be described as the story of Shane, Michael and Eve. It all happens before Claire comes to town.

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life - 3.5 Stars - Read in 2011. Original review here

Amelie's Story - 2 Sta
Angel
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, ebooks
I couldn't tell you how excited I was to see that Rachel Caine put together a Morganville short story collection! I wasn't ready for that series to end, even though there were fifteen books. It is easily my favorite young adult series. I fell in love with the characters and the storylines were creative and unique.

My most favorite character is Myrnin. He's a crazy genius vampire who wears vampire bunny slippers and is unapologetic when it comes to his actions. In his own way though, he protects
Diane Lynch
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
4 1/2 of 5 Stars

I love the Morganville Vampires. So when I saw this book, I had to read it. This is a wonderful collection of short stories that take place at various times throughout the series. The narratives are placed in timeline order. Some I already read and some were new.

I love that before each story Rachel Caine writes a little about what inspired the story. It is nice to get that kind of insight. I also appreciate that the stories are told from various character’s viewpoints. If you lo
Darcy
I had read a couple of these stories before, but for the most of them they were new to me. I liked that most of them had the secondary characters front and center, giving up a different view of many people in the series. But I think the best part of this book were the blurbs the author had before each story, how she came up with them and often who she thanked for the story coming to fruition.
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. It satisfied my craving for more Myrnin stories and covered some of the things I was wondering about throughout the series. A lot of interesting characters and plot lines explored. This was a nice finish to the series. Though it may not be the last we see of Morganville!
zaheerah
Jan 18, 2016 marked it as on-hold  ·  review of another edition
I'm so damn excited! Rachel's also having a UK tour for this! Hopefully, she comes to/near Brighton
Melissa
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wish-list
Need this I'm a crying right now this series has been my life since I was 11 and now a new book with morganville short stories is coming out !!!!!!!!!!
Chloe Dewhurst
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Why does it always have to end :(
Kt
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession

I really enjoyed MIDNIGHT BITES. It's been a while since this series closed, so reading this book was almost like returning home to some of my favorite characters. There's a good mix of new content in between the previously released stories. I hadn't read any of the previously released parts, so this anthology was entirely new content for me, making me enjoy it even more.

There's a great mix of stories in this anthology, from things that last a
Cecilie Kristensen
I didn't realise how much I missed Morganville, until I read this book! Now I have read 16 books set in Morganville with this set of characters, and I still hope that there is going to be more! Because when you first enter Morganville, you will never want to leave... Sorry but I couldn't resist to write that
Abbi Jackson
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had to give this book 5 stars, the Morganville series means so much to me! These short stories take you through all 15 books and just give you way more to love about all the characters of which I've missed the adventures of!
Taylor Mortsolf
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gahhh! I hate when books leave you with a cliff hanger and then have no clue if she is going to write more books! Frustrating as hell!!! (Off note: I loved this collection of stories, brought back more answers from the original series)
Bibliofiendlm
Full review here: http://tinyurl.com/hobam5s
_________

A great collection of old and new stories from the Morganville series. I'm a bit sad to leave these characters behind but I was glad to read the Caine promised to revisit Morganville again in the future.
Emily Kelly
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I loved this. It brought back so many Morganville feels that have made me want to re-re-read the entire series. So much love for these short stories. If you are a fan of the Morganville series, you have to read this. Ah...so much love.
Jocie
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked some of the short stories better than other, but all of them were good. I really enjoyed reading this, it reminded me how much I love the Morganville series and missed the characters. Now I really want to reread the entire series.
Kaitlin
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
why did it have to come to an end!? I loved the morganville series as it was but now .... dang. I feel as though I have an even better insight into the characters and these short stories brought back all the emotions I had put to the side and had me in tears in the first few pages.
Kerry
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great for my desire of Bitesize Morganville... Enjoyed all the various short stories in previous novels. Loved the Myrnin ones, my favourite fellow! One of my top fictional Beau!

I love Morganville!
Goodreads Librari...: Updating book information 2 19 Jun 30, 2016 03:07PM
  • Otherworld Chills (Otherworld Stories, #5)
  • Haunted Love
  • Broken Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #2)
  • Eternal: More Love Stories with Bite
  • Deadpool V Gambit: The "V" is for "Vs."
  • The Twilight of Lake Woebegotten
  • Children of Ash (Meridian Six, #2)
  • Ghost Heart (The PSS Chronicles, #3)
  • Hot Redemption
  • Ash and Mary-Lynnette: Those Who Favor Fire (Night World, Extras)
  • Bitterroot: Part 1
  • Dark Futures
  • The Vintage Cinema Club
  • The Before (The Farm, #0.5)
  • Dare Me (Demon Underground, #5)
  • A Tithe of Blood and Ashes (Drake Chronicles, #6.4)
  • Almost Midnight (Shadow Falls: After Dark, #3.5)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)