Start by marking “Private Getaway (The Private Serials, #3)” as Want to Read:
Private Getaway (The Private Serials, #3)

Private Getaway (The Private Serials #3)

Lena never anticipated the man she fell in love with would betray her, but she found herself alone, in a hotel room, having walked away from her marriage with nothing but one hundred thousand dollars in debt and an affair that turned out to be a sham.
There was only one thing she could do.
Get away.
On the idyllic beaches of Hawaii she sought peace, reflection, and a new begi
Published April 6th 2015 by AM Books

-C-
Aug 15, 2016 -C- rated it it was amazing
There's a few surprises for Lena during this story.
“I wanted to save you, to be with you, to help you. But I also wanted to give myself to you. I wanted everything with you.”
Candy at Prisoners of Print
Mar 21, 2015 Candy at Prisoners of Print rated it it was amazing
Oh my dear Anie Michaels, I'm starting to think that you could write a grocery list and I'd want to read it. Private Getaway picks up right where Private Encounters finishes, so we don't miss a moment in all the delicious angst and roller coaster feelings. For someone who has hated serials since she discovered them, I am certainly hooked and starting to be made a believer!

“Just because I can’t see your sand, doesn’t mean it’s any less important than mine.”

The thing I loved about this installm
Red Cheeks Reads
Apr 07, 2015 Red Cheeks Reads rated it it was amazing
“I’d wanted to stay in bed forever, sleep as long as the vodka would let me, and try desperately not to deal with the catastrophe I’d left behind.”

When we left off in Private Encounters a big ball was dropped and it looked like nothing would ever be right again. To say I was eager to get Private Getaway to see how this plays out for Lena and the man she thought she could trust is an understatement. As has become the par with this series, I was on the edge of my seat desperate to find out how a
I Love Story Time
Apr 04, 2015 I Love Story Time rated it really liked it
Shelves: julie-jules, arc

**** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC copy for an honest review ****

4 Stars!

I have been reading this series since the beginning, and I love where the story is heading! Once again, Anie Michaels has given us a great story! I liked the new characters that we meet in Private Getaway, as well as the characters from the previous stories.

Lena is starting her a new life after finding out that Preston wasn't what she thought he was. She finds out that Preston wasn't being truthful to her from the beg
Danni
May 04, 2015 Danni rated it liked it
I need part 4 like now...I need to know what is going on with Derrek and that woman!!!
Carol
Nov 12, 2016 Carol rated it it was ok
KFForever
Apr 10, 2015 KFForever rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Donna Elsegood on behalf of Kindle Friends Forever.

I got a surprise when I was informed that the third instalment was awaiting for me to devour. After all, I was subjected to a jaw dropping cliffhanger at the end of book two! So I dropped my current read because I needed, no, I craved the next scene in this hot, suspenseful series.

Lena Bellows got the shock of her life when she discovered Preston Reid had not been quite as honest as he had led her to believe. The hot romance between
Becca
Mar 27, 2015 Becca rated it it was amazing
Lena and Preston’s story continues in Private Getaway with Lena fleeing town with her broken heart on the first available flight. I was nervous to find out where this volume was headed and incredibly anxious to see how Lena’s character would continue to develop. Anie Michaels hit the nail on the head with this one, keeping us securely locked in on the crazy rollercoaster ride that is Lena and Preston’s story. We meet several new characters that breathe life into Lena’s new world and prove to be ...more
Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG)
Mar 30, 2015 Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG) rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

**** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC copy for an honest review ****

4 Stars!

Kelly
Mar 31, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
I will start off by saying...Anie Michaels has done it yet once again in this absolutely AMAZING read!!! Private Getaway is book three in this wonderful series.
The title is absolutely perfect for this book. The beach, the running, the feeling of starting over and leaving it all behind. The way Anie Michaels describes the setting, I could see it!!! I could picture it all in my head as if I was there with the characters.
The story flowed very nicely and kept my interest the entire time. I could h
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Lena is angry and heartbroken from all the betrayal around her. She needs to get away from Portland and start a new life and fast. She doesn't even know where she is going until she gets to the airport...Maui it is!

Lena is still reeling from her life in Portland. She misses her best friend and thinking about Preston. She doesn't want to think about him but she can't help it, he got to her like nobody else. But, she needs to move on from that life. She can't just sit in her hotel room, she has t
Amy Shelton
Jul 09, 2015 Amy Shelton rated it it was amazing
Lena had to leave and had to start over. She was broken and had nothing. Why not start over somewhere beautiful? She could do it. She could make friends again and find a job. She was a fighter. Could she ever give in to the idea of Preston again? Would she be able to survive?

This book was incredible. Short, sweet, to the point. I loved how Anie wrote Lena in the beginning of the book. You understood she was heartbroken and sad but she didn’t sound incredibly dreadful. There were some shockers in
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I was given a copy of this book by the author for an honest review.

Honestly, I will say I LOVED the ending of this book better than the others. It was definitely time.

Lena has some healing to do after finding out her life as she knew it was mostly a lie. It takes a strong person to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and move on. Not just move on but to a whole new area and leave everything that's ever mattered to you behind.

Lena ends up making a couple of friends in her new location and on
Lynn Smith
May 05, 2015 Lynn Smith rated it it was amazing
Lena is running from all that has happened. She packs and jumps a plane to Hawaii. She needs to start over and rebuild her life. Escaping Preston and all that had been done to here. How can a man she felt so much for betray her in the worst possible way. After everything that had went down with Derrik, she has had her heart shattered.

I don't even know what to say after the ending in the last book. Poor Lena, yet you just knew Preston had to have something up his sleeve. He just wasn't going to
Jen Wildner
May 31, 2015 Jen Wildner rated it it was amazing
I am starting off with AAAH why can't I give more than 5 stars?!? I love this series so much! I love Lena and I want to be her friend! I was so peed off at the end of Encounters, I mean really? Why'd you go there Anie?!? But of course she redeemed herself in this book. Lena just needs to move on and just when she thinks she can her world is turned upside down AGAIN!! I was reading so dang fast, I needed her to be happy, to get over the heartache of douche bag men.I knew something was going to ha ...more
Ali Crawley
Apr 09, 2015 Ali Crawley rated it it was amazing
OH MY!! A MUST READ!! I can't believe I am not mad right now! Thanks Anie for an awesome story of personal discovery and LOVE!!!

Thank you Anie Michaels for giving all of us what we were screaming for at the end of Private Encounters!! This is a story of survival, learning to live again, trust and finally finding love again!

While reading this book I went from crying with Lena to laughing with her as she pulls her life back together and takes her life back. I found myself rooting for her new life
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Lena continues to survive the greatest betrayal of her life. It is impossible to imagine how she is able to keep moving after being betrayed by her husband and her lover. I would have been paralyzed until I was able to figure out what's next.

Starting a new life in Hawaii is her only option. She will still be in the United States, but as far away from Portland as she can manage at this time.

This serial novel continues to surprise with the twists and turns in the plot. Preston continues to be the
Taisheena Rayne
Apr 22, 2015 Taisheena Rayne rated it it was amazing
Private Getaway by Anie Michaels
This is the third installment of the Private Serial. I am loving this so much. I love Anie’s way with words and the style with which she weaves the story’s world taking us on a journey with the characters.
In this piece as the title states, Lena had to getaway. She takes off leaving everything and everyone she knows behind. She needs time to come to grips with what’s happened to her and deal with the betrayals that are crushing her. She wants to figure out what he
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
4.5 Stars

Private Getaway is book 3 in the series and after all the hurt, betrayal and pain, Lena decides to take back her life and she gets on the first plane out of Portland to Maui, leaving her life and Preston behind. Lena finds herself a new job and a few new friends. She hasn't stopped thinking about Preston, but she's making it on her own and she finds comfort in that. Can Lena find happiness in her new life? Are her new friends what they seem? You have to read it to find out!

"Time to pick
Amy
Apr 05, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
"Private Getaway" is book #3 in Anie Michael's "Private" series (one of my new favorite series!)
Book #3 picks up where "Private Encounters" left us. As a reader, reading from Lena's POV, we find ourselves torn up emotionally. She's been through a storm of feelings, and now it's time for her to decide how she's going to move forward.
The second book had some twists and surprises, and this book has some good mystery and unexpected moments also.
I highly recommend this series. I advise you start with
Sarah - Vanilla Twist Reads
Jun 29, 2015 Sarah - Vanilla Twist Reads rated it really liked it
As with the other 2 books Anie's writing keep's us wanting to flick the pages to see what happens to Lena can she re build her shattered life and start again. Finding herself in Hawaii far from her old life she starts a fresh but her mind and heart are still with the people she left behind her best friend Sam and thoughts of Preston still haunt her.

Lena however does try to move forward making new friends but are Ryan and Becky who they say they are or is her old life catching up on her. We don't
Rachel Hendry
Apr 08, 2015 Rachel Hendry rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star Installment in the private serials.
I was unsure where this book would take us after the OMG ending to book 2 but it was pitched perfect.
Lena was destroyed ....so she left to try and heal and for once to do something just for her....to prove she could and boy did she.
I loved everything from where she went...to the people she 'met'....to the lifestyle ,simple and straightforward but she still wasn't entirley living until she was......
So does Preston come for her?....does she find ha
Kelly with Sugar Shack Book Blog
I was given a copy for an honest review.

So far this has to be my favorite serial series. I am completely invested and dying for the next part. Anie's writing is amazing and to be able to pull me and hold me captive is astounding to me!!

Private Gateaway picks right up with Lena devasted and taking off. Along the way she meets some new friends and also some old friends step into help. Preston is determinded to get her back and capture her heart again. Will Lena be able to forgive?

I would absolutl
Me
Nov 03, 2015 Me rated it liked it
This review is for the entire Private Serials series...3 1/2 to 4 stars

This was a decent knight in shining armor story coming to save the princess from the evil prince. Our knight turns out to be a pretty good guy but he sure sucked at being a private investigator, or so we think. But alas a complicated plot ensues to unravel a betrayal.

I was disappointed that this story was not as tightly written as other Anie Michaels books. Many parts were too long and drawn out.
Rachel Humphries
Apr 10, 2015 Rachel Humphries rated it it was amazing
Dayreader Reviews
Jul 29, 2016 Dayreader Reviews rated it really liked it
The world really is smaller than we realize

Again...just couldn't stop reading! This author is so twisted, the story is so sweet but full of some twists and turns....just evil how the author comes up with this stuff. But I love it! Now to find out about the next book!
Dayreader LT
Misty Simmons
Mar 30, 2015 Misty Simmons rated it it was amazing
Wow Anie Michaels I have enjoyed this serial so very much! What a page turner this has been! This story had definitely kept me turning the pages and wanting more! The chemistry, drama and suspense is amazing! Very well written! Can not wait for the next!
CrazyDaisy
Mar 27, 2015 CrazyDaisy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-arc
5 Crazy Ass Stars!

After the way Book 2 ended, I wasn't sure I wanted to read this because I was devasted for Lena. I never saw the twist in this coming. I was so happy with the turn out and can't wait to read Private Property next.

Great job, Anie! You totally turned my feelings around.
Rose
May 15, 2015 Rose rated it really liked it
This book is book 3 of the Private Affairs saga
It was a good read - ended on a cliffhanger.
Book 4 to be released at some point - Private Property
I look forward to reading it

Only gave it a 4 star because it wasn't a long enough read
Stacey Mcphilomy
Apr 10, 2015 Stacey Mcphilomy rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the story . We pick up here we left off with Lena and Preston. Love is messy,dirty,raw,vulnerable,heated,sensual,and you feel it all with these two. I can't wait to see what happens next.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Out of the Darkness (The Darkness, #2)
  • Saving Ever After (Ever After, #4)
  • Stronger (The Unit, #2)
  • The Falling of Grace (Falling, #2)
  • Reprisal
  • Masquerade (Masquerade #1)
  • Breathless (The Chasing Hearts Series, #2)
  • Heartfelt Lies (Undone, #2)
  • Obsession (Obsession, #1)
  • Bittersweet Hate (Bittersweet, #3)
  • A Brutal Betrayal
  • Double Betrayal (Surviving #3)
  • Right Kind of Wrong
  • Fitting the Pieces (Riverdale, #3)
  • Oceans Collide (Oceans Trilogy, #1)
  • Reclining Nude in Chicago (Encounters, #1)
  • The Quarterback Sneak ('Fantasy' Football, #4)
  • Relinquished
Anie Michaels is the author of the Never series, the Privates serial, the Love and Loss series, and stand-alone novels The Space Between Us and Instead of You. She started writing her first novel in June 2013 and hasn’t looked back since. Working at home as a full-time writer of books, when she is not pounding on the keyboard she can be found reading, playing with her kids, spending time with her ...more
More about Anie Michaels...

The Private Serials (2 books)
  • Never Close Enough (The Never, #1)