Start by marking “The Forgotten Soldier (Pike Logan, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Forgotten Soldier (Pike Logan, #9)

The Forgotten Soldier

(Pike Logan #9)

The ninth thriller in the New York Times bestselling Pike Logan series by Brad Taylor, a retired Delta Force commander who has lived for more than twenty years in the world about which he writes.
For years, the extralegal counterterrorist unit known as the Taskforce has worked in the shadows, anticipating and preventing attacks around the globe. Created to deal with a ter
Published December 29th 2015 by Dutton

To ask other readers questions about The Forgotten Soldier, please sign up.
Troy Tarro If Afghanistan is truly your objective, Clear By Fire will get you there. Outstanding introductory novel by Joshua Hood. However, being an…moreIf Afghanistan is truly your objective, Clear By Fire will get you there. Outstanding introductory novel by Joshua Hood. However, being an introductory novel, expect some extra time from the author to establish the characters and their backgrounds.
The Forgotten Soldier is the 9th book in Brad Taylor's series. An excellent book, but it's not set in Afghanistan, only references a small piece of terroristic killing there. I personally like to start series' at the first book, but if you've read the others, you'll be bound to enjoy this one. New complexities really make the reader think about covert operations overall. (less)

Glen
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A member of the Task Force goes rogue after his brother is killed. Pike and Co. have to talk him down. However, due to the nature of these things, the guy blunders into a terrorist scheme of vast proportions, and the Task Force has to stop him and bring the rogue in.

Pretty exciting stuff without all of the relationship nonsense that plagues a lot of the books in this series. Really shows a lot of espionage type stuff available to regular people in these high tech times. Still, it seems like the
The Real Book Spy
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***Read this review, and more, at www.TheRealBookSpy.com ***

When an ex-member of the Taskforce, a secret counterterrorist unit headed up by Pike Logan, goes dark – seeking revenge for the death of his brother – Pike is called upon to find his former teammate and stop him.

That’s the basic plot for Brad Taylor’s latest military thriller The Forgotten Soldier, an action-packed adventure that will have you turning pages like a madman as Pike and his crew work tirelessly to save the day once again.

Ta
Dee
Wow. Just wow!

This newest adventure of Pike Logan and the Taskforce gets into the hard reality and residual affects of the worst part of combat, losing one of your own. The struggle in the mind of an Operator between the mission his government has given him and their own sense of right and wrong is explored in great depth here and it leaves you with an even greater respect for the Taskforce members.

While going through the box of personal effects from his brother, recently killed in Afghanistan,
Susan
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Forgotten Soldier

I continue to enjoy the series about the Taskforce. These books are always interesting and intense. The characters are quite memorable. I always look forward to more in the series.
Tabatha The Librarian Pope
Awesome!!!

As always, Brad Taylor never ceases to blow my mind with his outstanding writing. The Pike Logan Series is a must read for anyone who like action thrillers and suspense. On to the next one.....
Fredrick Danysh
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Following the combat death of his brother, an anti-terrorist operator goes off reservation to track the people responsible. Pike Logan is tasked to head up a team to stop him and bring him back home. Along the way he uncovers treasonable acts by a member of the president's cabinet. A fast paced thriller.
Cindy
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action-adventure
This is the first book that I have read in the series. Great characters, ready to save the world, and plenty of action. I am definitely going to go back and read the previous books in the series!
Roger Peterson
As with all Brad Taylor books, action action action is the theme and this book is overflowing with action. Can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Joe Broadmeadow
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Brad Taylor’s The Forgotten Soldier, ninth in the Pike Logan series of military thrillers, is a well-written, intricately plotted, character driven masterpiece of a novel.
Logan is a member of an “off-the-books” special operations unit tasked with taking on the most difficult of the asymmetrical terrorist forces targeting the US. Taylor weaves a believable, if complex, series of events into a compelling story.
Logan’s character is a complex one. In this story, he faces the difficult decision of t
Mike Worley
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars, good effort by Taylor
Wayne
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story occurred in the middle east where a United States government agent of a covert task force group headed by Pike Logan went rogue. This rogue agent named Guy was on to some devious plot that he believed was meant to harm the United States and he was tracking down the alleged culprits. The task force was sent to stop the rogue agent because they had no idea what he was up to. The story unfolded slowly and it developed that the United States Secretary of State was planning to attend an im ...more
George Miller
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another exciting adventure

I always enjoy Taskforce missions. As I expected, this was another good one. Pike and his Taskforce Team are tasked with tracking down an agent who has gone rogue and is far off the reservation. Naturally, it's much more complicated than that. Even if you've never read any books about Pike Logan and the Taskforce, you'll enjoy this book. Lots of intrigue and the usual cast of terrorist characters. I'm already looking forward to the next book in this series.
Michael Bell
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best thrillers that I have ever read. A rogue soldier who believes that the murderers of his Brother are also plotting another major attack, goes off on his own mission of revenge. The Task Force is supposed to bring him back in but they fail in that task. Guy suffers a terrible fate but he was onto something. The military terms and attention to detail are par excellence. I need another Brad Taylor book.
dennis barron
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Forgotten Soldier. Brad Taylor

A Task force member dies, in the line of duty. His brother, also a Task force member discovers what transpired, who the killers are. He wants revenge. The Task force politically is shut down. He goes rogue. This is an emotional rollercoaster for Pike and his team. Non stop action. A sensational read. My highest recommendation.
Matthew Cousens
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: x_pike-logan
Another great installment in the Pike Logan series. I got it from my local library shortly after publication.

(view spoiler)
Tim
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
The premise of this story gets lost in a weak, whiney son of a prince and idiotic sec of state. The title is misleading as its hard to identify which the forgotten soldier is. 5 of 10 stars
Linda Haas
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good military thriller. This book moved very quickly and kept my interest.
Jeff
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great as usual. Really a 4.5 star book, but rounding down as I'm being a little more picky about 5 star books now.
George
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Was hard to put down. Good thing I have to work once in awhile.
Curt
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and all the characters in it. Pike Logan is definitely "The Man".
Sharon
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: taylor-brad
The Pike Logan series is only getting better
Greg
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well done... almost out of the headlines,... a continuation of a great story and creating openings for even more
Ben
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really good look at consequences of actions and how intelligence of subjects can change. Also how ones arrogance can get you killed.
Steven Jr.
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Retired Delta Force operator Brad Taylor's Pike Logan series is, hands down, one of the hottest and most enjoyable thriller series on the market today. With the action, authenticity, and real-deal character building from a man who has lived that life.

THE FORGOTTEN SOLDIER is the most gripping and darkest entry to date.

A family member of a Taskforce operator has died in combat operations. The killers have connections to a prominent Middle Eastern government. With the Oversight Council opting to i
Dee Haddrill
I've always loved the Pike Logan books, but this one really struck a nerve with me. It seemed a lot more introspective and emotional than previous books, really immersing itself into the theory of vengeance and retribution. As Mr Spock once famously said "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few", but how many of us could live with that tenet when someone they love is ripped away.

Guy George is a Taskforce operator who is confronted with that question when his brother is killed on a m
James Phipps
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
While the book started out a little slow and the language was a little rough it ended up turning into a very good read. The action was swift and furious and it left you wondering what was next. This is the second book I have read by this author and I plan on getting others to read. You wouldn’t go wrong by this author.
Bob Harris
Aug 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
Taylor tries too hard to present an action-packed story about intrigue. Its writing is reminiscent of essays I read by fellow college students trying to develop a style. While the plot was interesting, it was superficial and the characters lacked depth.
Tj
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another ridiculously fun globe-trotting TaskForce adventure. The plot is driven by a rogue agent, which kept this one churning. A solid entry in the series, and I also like how they organically find a way to keep future adventures fresh with new team members.
Caleb Knol
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As the first book of Brad Taylor’s I have read, this did not disappoint. I read it constantly, not wanting to put it down. Really like how it is a first person point of view when it is a section, chapter or even a paragraph in regards to Pike Logan.
Brendan Morphett
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Not as good as some of the previous Taskforce novels. Plot took too long to get going and when it did, everything came together a little bit too easily. Not quite sure how the new characters fitted the story as well but hopefully they blend in easier in the follow up novels
The Orion Team. : This topic has been closed to new comments. ASK ME ANYTHING INTERVIEW BT 1 3 Nov 12, 2015 06:33PM
  • Independence Day (Dewey Andreas, #5)
  • The Athens Solution (Scot Harvath #15.5)
  • One Killer Force (Delta Force, #4)
  • Night of the Cobra (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #8)
  • Brute Force (Jericho Quinn, #6)
  • Oath of Honor (Logan West #2)
  • Cannibal (Chess Team Adventure, #7)
  • The Sniper and the Wolf (Sniper Elite, #3)
Brad Taylor served for more than twenty-one years in the U.S. Army, retiring in 2010 as a Special Forces Lieutenant colonel. During that time he held numerous infantry and special operations positions, including eight years in 1st Special Forces Operations Detachment—Delta, popularly known as the Delta Force, where he commanded multiple troops and a squadron.

He has conducted operations in support

Pike Logan (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • One Rough Man (Pike Logan, #1)
  • All Necessary Force (Pike Logan, #2)
  • Enemy of Mine (Pike Logan, #3)
  • The Widow's Strike (Pike Logan, #4)
  • The Polaris Protocol (Pike Logan, #5)
  • Days of Rage (Pike Logan, #6)
  • No Fortunate Son (Pike Logan, #7)
  • The Insider Threat (Pike Logan, #8)
  • Ghosts of War (Pike Logan, #10)
  • Ring of Fire (Pike Logan, #11)
“The flotsam and jetsam accumulated in life that seemed like trash but took on a special meaning when the person they were attached to never returned.” 0 likes
“A black, formfitting top with long sleeves, the dress” 0 likes