Start by marking “Unleashed (Tor Maddox #1)” as Want to Read:
Unleashed (Tor Maddox #1)

Unleashed

(Tor Maddox #1)

When sixteen-year old Torrance Olivia Maddox, self-confessed news junkie, figures out that the mysterious and deadly New Flu is being spread by dogs, she has one question—if the danger is that obvious to her, why hasn’t the government revealed the truth and taken action?

Her search for the answer will take her farther than she ever imagined. But then again, she never imagi
Published May 1st 2015 by LCTeen

To ask other readers questions about Unleashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unleashed

Faking Normal by Courtney C. StevensThe Lies About Truth by Courtney C. StevensMy Secret to Tell by Natalie D. RichardsThe Glass Arrow by Kristen SimmonsMy Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
NK-YA Fest
60 books — 10 voters
Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah MoskowitzThe Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin DionneLove and Leftovers by Sarah TregayThe Girl in the Converse Shoes by Yaritza GarciaThe Whole Story of Half a Girl by Veera Hiranandani
Converse!
93 books — 25 voters

More lists with this book...

Meredith Towbin
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Author Liz Coley calls her main character Tor Maddox “a heroine for our times,” and UNLEASHED, the first in the Tor Maddox series, proves that’s certainly the case.

Tor isn’t some boy-crazed teenager whose biggest worries are what outfit she’s wearing or how her makeup looks. She’s smart, quick, and willing to put herself on the line for what she believes in. She prefers the nightly CNN report to social media, and throws words like “modicum” and “synchronicity” around in casual conversion. She’s
Analee (Book Snacks)
Note: I received a free digital copy of this book thanks to Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

Hi! To be quite honest, I'm not sure what exactly I was expecting from this book, but I'm happy to say whatever my expectations were, they were met. Unleashed is a fun, interesting book that all dog-lovers will find enjoyable!

Quick Summary

When man's best friend are found to be the holders of the New Flu, a deadly virus that can be transmitted from dogs to humans, everyone is buying int
Yvonne
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From the beginning I felt totally involved and enjoyed my time in Tor's world. I wish everyone was as true to their beliefs and would listen to their intuition as much as Tor. I loved the surprise ending. If I have any indication as to where the character is headed, I quit reading and find another book. I never knew what Tor was going to do and I loved that. I can't wait for her next adventure.
D.A. Bale
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that I typically steer away from the YA genre. The angst-ridden, besotted, silly fluff just doesn't do it for someone who is used to reading hard mysteries and thrillers. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find our heroine, Tor Maddox, to be a sharp thinking teen beyond her years - and the fact that she is a ballet dancer rather endeared her to this former pointe shoe clad girl.

So Tor, full name Torrance - yes, after the Southern California beach known for gnarly waves
Lelia Taylor
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
It all starts when Tor reads a conspiracy blog without really paying attention. It sticks in her mind, though---does this blogger really think dogs are spreading pestilence and the government is covering it up? Why haven't her beloved news venues mentioned anything about this strange new flu and its possible connection to man's best friend? Surely her beloved Cocoa isn't about to become an enemy of humanity!

Tor is a teen I'd like to call my own although she really is almost too good to be true.
Tonja Drecker
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a modern day, teenage mystery/thriller with a fantastic teen voice. Tor is exactly the kind of girl one would expect to run into in the high school hallways--a little mouthy, a little head-strong, but a big heart and ready to stick up for what she believes in. . .even if it means going what most people would consider a little over-board.

We start with her in a park walking her cute doggy (yep, one to fall in love with). The opening scene with the 'older' guy was simply fun and was a great
Jenn Sut
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

Tor Maddox is not your average teenager. Instead of spending time obsessing over boys and clothes, Tor is addicted to CNN. When she is not watching CNN, she is spending time with friends and attending Ballet class.

When Tor hears on CNN that there is a new dog flu epidemic that is effecting people, she gets on her computer and researches the topic thoroughly. She reads
Eden Grey
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love, dogs, mystery, and vocab tests are all important parts of Tor Maddox's first thrilling adventure.

A teenager with enough motivation and energy to fuel a space shuttle, Torrance Olivia Maddox, fondly known as Tor, is the first to discover the secret to a new strain of influenza plaguing the West Coast. Turns out the flu is being transmitted to humans through dogs! And Tor will stop at nothing to ensure the safety of man's best friend - all 60 million American dogs.

Tor has a delightful, qui
Claire
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Unleashed (Tor Maddock #1) by Liz Coley Self-published (1st May 2015)

ISBN: 978-1508860808

Source: Xpresso Book Tours

Rating: 4*

Synopsis:

Her search for the answer will take her farther than she ever imagined.

Review:
This fir
Colleen Clayton
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Was finally able to take a break and do some pleasure reading this week. Tor Maddox was very entertaining. The concept of a super virus threat is well traveled territory in fiction but Unleashed puts a whole fresh spin on it by involving man's best friend. As a character, Tor is quirky and spunky and just the right amount of teen-awkward. I especially like how the author used alternative slang "scared spitless" and "oh, my gladness" and "for creep's sake" LOL. It gave the narrative voice a uniqu ...more
Kim Briggs
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
International best selling author, Liz Coley brings us a new heart-thumping, edge of the seat thriller with Tor Maddox.

The dog. Our best friend just turned into public enemy number one, or at least that’s what the bureaucrats want you to think. But Tor Maddox knows better. Suspicious by nature, her hungry eyes devour news briefs and headlines faster than a speeding bullet, and she’ll drop kick any man in black who tries to take her pooch away. Thank goodness for all those ballet lessons.

Intere
Julie A.
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Liz Coley has unleashed a refreshing view of a passionate and powerfully brave teenager, Torrance Maddox. She is strong enough in her beliefs to do something about a life-threatening situation. I was cheering for her as she took the necessary steps to protect her dog, Cocoa, from the drastic regulations the government was enacting. While her parents and others followed orders without question, Torrance defied them, ran away and was chased by the Men in Black. She does bend some rules, but in thi ...more
Melissa
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great YA Suspense
Tor Maddox, the main character in this story is a sixteen year old girl who is smart, intuitive, brave and extremely likable. She is a very well developed character and is energetic, quirky and at times laugh out loud funny. This book is so well rounded, with mystery intrigue, suspense and quite the adventure. The plot is just so well crafted, it will have you turning the pages until the very end. You don't have to be a teen to read this book, I think it is suitable for all ages
Kristen Otte
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was an action-packed, fun read. The book reads a bit like a spy thriller, with a young adult heroine, Tor, at the center. I enjoyed Tor's character and some of her quirks. The premise seemed a little out there, but I didn't mind because the characters were enjoyable and the plot moved along. If you are looking for a fun, new series, this is a good book for you.
Mollye
Mary Simmons
SARIT
Kay Butz
Cover Reveal 4/15/15 1 2 Apr 07, 2015 08:42AM

• Firestorm (Worldmaker, #3)
  • Jessica's Secret Diary: Volume I (Sweet Valley High Magna Edition #5)
  • Hearts of Chaos (Deadglass, #3)
  • Tangled Up: Crossing the Line\Burned
  • Lady Lazarus (Lady Lazarus Trilogy, #1)
  • Battle of the Network Zombies (Amanda Feral, #3)
  • Temptation Island
  • Pile of Bones (Parallel Parks, #1)
  • Year of the Demon (Fated Blades, #2)
  • The Final Evolution (Avery Cates, #5)
  • Kiss Me, Kill Me  (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #3)
  • Jailbait Zombie (Felix Gomez, #4)
  • Stone Warrior
  • Eternal Hearts
  • Heaven's Waiting Room
  • Barbara Reilly
  • Above Ground
  • The Bradbury Report
Liz Coley writes fiction for teens and for the teen in you.

Check out LizColeyBooks channel on YouTube, hosting Undercover Reading. Currently Liz is reading her serial novel THE CAPTAIN'S KID, soon to be published in a read-along print or ebook edition.

Her latest series features Tor Maddox, a heroine for our times. DISARMED is a prequel short story, followed by the titles UNLEASHED, EMBEDDED, and

Tor Maddox (3 books)
  • Embedded (Tor Maddox #2)
  • Mistaken (Tor Maddox #3)