Start by marking “L'ordre de tuer (L'épreuve, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
L'ordre de tuer (L'épreuve, #0.5)

L'ordre de tuer

(The Maze Runner 0.5)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  142,876 ratings  ·  9,074 reviews
Treize ans avant que Thomas entre dans le Labyrinthe, une éruption solaire a frappé la Terre. Mark et Trina ont survécu à la catastrophe. Mais cette terrible épreuve n est rien comparée à ce qui les attend. Une étrange épidémie se répand aux États-Unis, elle frappe de folie les individus qu elle atteint. Pire, elle met en danger jusqu à l existence de la race humaine !

Conv
Published April 2nd 2015 by Pocket Jeunesse (first published August 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about L'ordre de tuer, please sign up.
Minke I recommend reading this book after books 1, 2 and 3. It contains spoilers that can ruin the other books for you.
Sasha If you found book 2 atrocious, book 3 won't be any better. I thought 0.5 a bit too spoiler-y if you are going to read it before 3. The new characters…moreIf you found book 2 atrocious, book 3 won't be any better. I thought 0.5 a bit too spoiler-y if you are going to read it before 3. The new characters are not any more imaginative than the ones we already have and you can draw clear parallels between them and the ones from books 1-3 (especially the main characters Mark and Trina -> Thomas and Teresa). If I hadn't purchased book 3 and 0.5 together with book 2, I definitely would've stopped.

When you read the prequel it just shows again that the world of the Maze Runner just sort of spiraled out of proportion, like the author was trying to find a reason behind everything that happened in first book. It just didn't add up, made no sense whatsoever and well...I did not like it. It's not to say that there weren't good parts to it: It's fast paced and creepy and has you reading the whole thing in no time, but my problem was really the reason behind it all and the characters that just had no depth whatsoever.

My comment comes a bit late so maybe you have already had the chance to read it and make up your mind. Either way, I hope if you did get to read it, that your disappointment wasn't as big as mine.

-Sasha (less)

·  142,876 ratings  ·  9,074 reviews

Alex
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I demand a sequel to the prequel
Aneeqah
I can describe this book to you in a single word: disappointment. With a big capital D. See, the thing is, The Maze Runner was one of my favorite series ever… until the last book, which I hated. So the only reason I picked this book up was in hope that it would redeem the series for me and answer my bajillion questions. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen. The Kill Order just failed to live up to The Maze Runner.

I think the thing that bothered me the most about this book was that it was not about
Miranda Reads
Nov 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-series, audiobook
[Conversation in the editing room]

Remember all of the semi-likeable characters from the original series? Get rid of them

How about all the plot-holes from the first three books? Double them

Should we give it a decent ending? *ominous silence*

Annnnd....that's about it

We are set far before the first novel - in the heart of the initial Sun Flares and virus outbreak. We get front-row seats to the start of the apocalypse.

There's a whole new expendable cast that provides quite convenient fodde
Stephen Mcintosh
I would just like to say: How on earth can you rate this without even reading it?

---
It seems that I got an unexpected amount of 'likes' for this so-called review but I still don't get why people rate books without reading them. What are they thinking?

Anyway, I don't think I'll be making a real review because I'm terrible at writing (as evidenced by my mistake before this edit: using the word anyways instead of anyway).
Dylan
Oct 13, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My first ever 1 star review. Well done 'The Kill Order', you deserve it.

Before Reading it
-Oh I hope this is good!

During and After reading it

So here's what I didn't like about this book (basically everything)
-I couldn't get myself to read more than 50 pages per day.
-I thought about giving up constantly.
-The characters were boring, bland and flat
-forced, vague and unnecessary relationships
-stiff and unnatural dialogue
-people dying before I could care, or remember who they were
-inconsisten
Blythe
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who don't need character development along with their action
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

There are the books that either have too little action and you're bored to tears reading said book, or book that have too much action, and too little of everything else. The Kill Order tends to fall in the latter category of books, and I'll bet that was where Dashner was intending The Kill Order to fall.

The plot for The Kill Order is simple - it's the end of the world, sun flares are destroying the Earth, and a group of teenagers (are they teenagers?) are trying their be
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Now I enjoyed this book. It's before the maze runner, I think it said 13 years.

Anyway, it was a pretty dark book. I felt bad for this group and what was happening to them. And holy crow, what those evil people did to Lana. I mean they did evil things to a lot of people but this was one of the group and these freaks were off their nut!

Also at the very end we get to read about Thomas as a young boy before all hell broke loose in his world. It was just a page or so. Either way I enjoyed it =)
Charlotte May
3.5 ⭐

This was a good addition to the series. It was quite action packed, with a whole new host of characters.
We meet Mark, Trina, Alec and Lana, part of the human population who have survived the sun flares, but now face a new terror. They fight for their lives as an awful disease ravages the human race. No one knows where it came from, or why.
Despite the constant action and violence, at times I felt it was almost too much. It relied heavily on the drama and excitement rather than actual plot.
As
Hayden
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Well. First let me start off my saying that I am extremely disappointed about the fact that the series is now done.

I started this book yesterday afternoon, and now, at 2 in the morning, I've finished it. And let me just say HOLY CRAP. THIS BOOK. I CAN'T.
I thought all the other three were good, but this book made me so overwhelmingly....I don't even know. So many feelings. Can I just vent? I'm going to vent, OK?

(view spoiler)
Natalie Monroe
DNF at 47%

"Mark jumped to his feet, pulling Alec's arm. The entire area around them shook as it rose, and it took all of Mark's effort not to fall again. He knew that what was happening had to be impossible, and it made him wonder about his mental state."

I know that scene is supposed to have me at the edge of my seat, but the only thing I can think of right now is the lack of cheese sticks in my house, and that makes me wonder about my mental state.

After the fuckfest of The Death Cure, I wasn
 Imani ♥ ☮
Emily
Nov 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kassidy
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So disappointing. I liked the prologue and the epilogue, I felt the rest of the book was completely pointless except for the character Deedee and the explanation of the origins of The Flare. Which a whole book was not needed for those things. It was a ton of action which got really boring, and I just don't see the point of the story. It was fairly entertaining at times, but compared to the rest of the series it was pretty crappy.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
First DNF of the year. I got to about 75 pages in and realized: I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT HAPPENS TO THESE PEOPLE

Really that's it. I loved the Maze Runner books, devoured them back when they were released but I think this book is a perfect example of reading tastes changing over time.
May
Sep 19, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estantería
He sido incapaz de pasar de la página 100. Pf se me ha hecho súper peñazo.
Lotte
Had to DNF this at about 150 pages. I'm just not interested in the "Maze Runner" world anymore and the story didn't grip me at all. Meh.
Kenchiin
Mar 01, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Uninteresting. Disjointed. It could be easily confused with a fanfic.
Erika
May 11, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia, series, ya, hate-it
Before reading the book:

Wow, this sounds interesting!
_____________________________________________________________

After reading the book:

Well, that was disappointing...

I'm gonna warn you guys, and you should take it seriously as a fair warning:

Do NOT read this book and/or review if you haven't read the ENTIRE Maze Runner Trilogy.

Just don't if you're planning on reading the trilogy. At least not if you don't want to get spoilers for the whole three books.

Now that it's set i will start off by ment
Carmen de la Rosa
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cuando empece a leer este libro no sabia que esperar, en especial con ese prologo que en lo personal me dejo en shock!
Fue algo desconcertante cuando vi que no era sobre los mismos personajes, pero conforme pasaban un poco los capítulos me resigne que iba a ser diferente. No fue lo que esperaba, creí que iba a narrar todo el proceso de armado del laberinto y CRUEL, me sorprendió encontrarme con una historia independiente a Thomas y compañía, con personajes nuevos y la verdad la historia empezó a
~Tina~
The Kill Order is the much anticipated prequel to The Maze Runner series by the incredible James Dashner.
I can't even begin to express how badly I wanted this book. Dashner is one of my all time favorite authors. He's the reason I found my love for post-apocalyptic/dystopic books which provoked me to want to read more in this genre.

This installment takes place thirteen years prior to the initial time setting of the series, which was before Thomas and the Glade, and even before WICKED was create
Isaa Jason
✫✬⭐ 3/5 STARS ⭐✭✫

Genre: Young Adult>Science Fiction > Dystopia
WOW: How the world came to an end. And the ending of the book.
EW: The Plot.. really..
POV: 3rd-person > Boy
ROMANCE: Kinda
DO I SHIP IT: Kinda.
READ: 2 times.

__________________
✎Review:

Okay.. there's a thing about this book. This book tells us how the world came as it is in the maze runner. And it was interesting, and really messed up. That i did like. It also really sets up the maze runner. There's one character in book that we
Meli
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
RESEÑA COMPLETA

Ufff, no estoy segura de poder decir algo coherente, lo acabo de terminar y son demasiadas cosas que asimilar.

Fue un libro grandioso que me hizo sufrir como loca. No fue lo que esperaba, creí que iba a narrar todo el proceso de armado del laberinto y CRUEL, me sorprendió encontrarme con una historia independiente a Thomas y compañía, con personajes nuevos.
También creí que todos los interrogantes que La cura mortal nos dejó iban a tener su respuesta, pero en el fondo sabía que Das
Abby
Jul 07, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian, abandoned
Also posted here: http://wintrywords.blogspot.com/2012/...

I feel like curling into a little ball and punching a Crank in the face after reading only half of The Kill Order. There’s not much else I can do anymore, feeling like my life is a lie.

I am a huge fan of The Maze Runner series so when I found out there was going to be a prequel I about had a heart-attack. When I somehow manage to land an ARC, I am pretty sure I did indeed die of a heart-attack. My zombie is typing up this review now. The
Dannii Elle
First Read: January 2015, Rating: 4 Stars
Second Read: October 2018, Rating: 4 Stars

This is the first of two prequel novels to The Maze Runner trilogy. Unlike all the other series instalments, this follows a different group of characters and deals with events separate to the WICKED experiments.

The novel opens after the sun flares have ravaged the earth. Those that survived have grouped together in a semblance of a community and an attempt to continue their existence for however and as long as the
Catherine ♡
I had read the Maze Runner series a while back, but had never gotten to this book because I hadn't thought that a prequel would be as enjoyable as the main series.

Honestly, I do feel that my prediction was right. I flew through this book - I'm not sure why but it didn't draw me in the way The Maze Runner did.

Could live with or without it.
Franco  Santos
Mmmmm..., no me gustó. Pesado, insustancial, un hastío interminable. Creía que Dashner con este libro me iba a dar las respuestas que no me dio en la trilogía.

Pero no.

En algunas partes es entretenido, eso tengo que aceptarlo; también tiene un buen inicio. Sin embargo, está lejos de ser considerada —en mi opinión— una buena novela.
Richie Chagas
description/
That was a nice ride. actual rating: 3.5 stars

Mark always loved Trina, even before the world ended. One thing that the sun flares brought together: Mark, Trina. And Mark will do anything to protect her. After their village was attacked and a deadly virus is turning people batshit crazy when it is not killing them is free, the relatively calm life they were living comes to and end and a small group of survivors find themselves on the run again.
Surprisingly, the greatest character by far is Mark's
Nihan
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
SIKICI. SIKICI. SIKICI.
Josu Grilli
2.5.

Esta primera precuela es el intento de James Dashner de crear un universo entorno a su saga El corredor del Laberinto, sin embargo, creo que lo que realmente hace es escribir libros de relleno. Y lo digo también por el último de la trilogía original. El Destello es una novela que no me ha dicho nada y que quizá me haya mantenido enganchado a partir de la mitad de la novela, pero es totalmente innecesaria. Si hubiera condensado la historia en algo más corto y la hubiera publicado en forma de
Denisse
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to re-read this book. I'm like 85% sure I'm not going to like it as much the second time, but anyway.

Quiero y no quiero releerlo, me gusto mucho la primera vez pero me urge hacerle una reseña decente XD y creo que con la re-lectura ya no me va a gustar tanto. Que pena, pero igual siempre tendré la trilogía original que adoro :D yei
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Other Worlds
  • Endurance (Razorland, #1.5)
  • Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5-#2.5)
  • Isolation (Partials Sequence, #0.5)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • Lord of the Flies
  • The Legacies (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #1-3)
  • Execution (Escape from Furnace, #5)
  • BZRK (BZRK, #1)
  • The Resistance (The Declaration, #2)
  • Sky on Fire (Monument 14, #2)
  • The Seeds of Wither (The Chemical Garden #1.5)
  • The Loners (Quarantine, #1)
  • The Dead (The Enemy, #2)
  • Hare Moon (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #0.1)
  • Article 5 (Article 5, #1)
  • Ashes, Ashes (Ashes, Ashes, #1)
James is the author of THE MAZE RUNNER trilogy and THE 13TH REALITY series. He also published a series (beginning with A DOOR IN THE WOODS) with a small publisher several years ago. He lives and writes in the Rocky Mountains.

The Maze Runner (5 books)
  • The Fever Code (The Maze Runner, #0.6)
  • The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1)
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
  • The Death Cure (The Maze Runner, #3)
“Oh, I'm good. Seriously, after all these years, you'd think I would stop amazing myself. But here I am, still doing it.” 89 likes
“Scared. That’s good. A fine soldier is always scared. Makes you normal. It’s how you respond to it that makes or breaks you.” 65 likes