Start by marking “Chasing Forgiveness: A Companion Novella (Tala Prophecy)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Forgiveness: A Companion Novella (Tala Prophecy)

Chasing Forgiveness: A Companion Novella (Tala Prophecy)

When terror strikes, forever altering your life, it doesn’t ask permission or forgiveness.

Madeleine and Amélie’s quiet lives are ripped apart by a creature they never imagined could exist outside a horror story. Their mother is murdered, their father is missing, and the only safe haven is with a family full of secrets. But rescue comes at a price.

Ripped from the light of y
Published April 14th 2015 by Tia Silverthorne Bach (first published April 11th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Forgiveness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Forgiveness

Shauna Kelley
Apr 09, 2015 Shauna Kelley rated it it was amazing
Madeleine and Amélie are seemingly normal sisters, until tragedy strikes one night. A weird attack leaves them on their own, wondering who, or what, just attacked their mother. Enter Rafe and Rowan, two brothers who know so many of the answers the girls desperately need. However, as the girls get closer to the brothers, and the truth, it becomes clear that everything is not exactly as it seems.

I've read and loved the other two books in this series, and am so glad Bach decided to give us some mo
Angela Silverthorne
Apr 14, 2015 Angela Silverthorne rated it it was amazing
Chasing Forgiveness begs readers to witness the harsh reality of forgiveness. It’s convoluted and complicated. Its difficulty increases when placed within the erratic world of vampires and werewolves. Is it forgiveness or is it some kind of code for creatures of evil? Forgiveness has to be redefined. Novelist Tia Bach does not struggle with this concept in her new novella. As evil hammers its truth into two sisters, Madeleine and Amelie, two brothers, Rowan and Rafe draw battle lines where forgi ...more
Kim
May 20, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
Sharon Doucett
Aug 23, 2015 Sharon Doucett rated it really liked it
This story gripped me from the beginning. One night Amelie and Madeline's mother was murdered and from that their lives changed. This was a really good novella that made me want to read more about the sisters and Rafe. Once I started reading, I couldn't stop.
Trinitee Mitchell-Dunn
Apr 16, 2015 Trinitee Mitchell-Dunn rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Once I started reading it sucked me in and I could not put it down.
Christine C
Apr 16, 2015 Christine C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Engrossing read!

I loved learning about the backstory of Madeleine, Amelie, Rowan, and Rafe. Like the other Tala Prophecy books, I hated to reach the end.
Vonnie
Aug 18, 2015 Vonnie rated it it was amazing
What a great way to start a series! The novella has me hooked. Loved it!!
Jo Michaels
Apr 15, 2015 Jo Michaels rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Folks looking for a different theme in YA paranormal
I grabbed a copy of this book on Amazon as soon as it hit the shelves. Yes, I'd already read it; I wanted a copy of it forever. It's that good. I'm sure, if you're a fan of the series, you've been wondering about the four characters featured in this story. I was drooling to learn more. Madeline is such a strong personality, and the way she acts around Reagan and Rowan has always had me questioning what was really going on there. Anyway, let's get to the good stuff.

From a Reader's Perspective:
I f
Declarations of a Fangirl
Aug 16, 2015 Declarations of a Fangirl rated it really liked it
Shelves: paper-books
I read Chasing Forgiveness during the Booktube-a-thon. It fulfilled the challenge of "read a whole book without letting go of it"...literally. I really enjoyed this novella. It was a little confusing at first with the jumping back and forth between the girls' POVs, but once I got the hang of their individual voices, then it was smooth sailing.

description

Madeline was the strong and brave sister, whereas Amelie was the sweet and understanding one. Towards the end, I felt sorry for Amelie. I hoped we would g
Karlee
Nov 23, 2015 Karlee rated it it was amazing
When reading books 1-3 in the Tala Prophecy series, you meet Madeline and her sister Amelie but you don't know their full story of how they got to where they are now. This story begins with the attack in their home and the death of their mother. The two sisters become werewolves and the struggles they go through during this time with Rafe and Rowan along with the rest of Hemming's pack. I really enjoyed reading this back story of the two sisters. Can't wait for the next book to find out what hap ...more
Kristen Gough
Sep 20, 2015 Kristen Gough rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is an interesting short story featuring two sisters named Madeleine and Amélie whose entire lives change overnight. I haven't read this series before reading this novella. However, this story definitely has me intrigued and as a result of reading this I will be reading the series immediately! I highly recommend reading this story to anyone as I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Casie
Aug 20, 2015 Casie rated it it was amazing
Great ya book. Lots of twists and turns and the ending has quite a shocker. It is a page turner and quick read with like able characters. Two sisters and two brothers are brought together in a moment of terror but not everything is as it seems, or should I say everyone. Can't wait to read more!
Kelly Clare
Aug 17, 2015 Kelly Clare rated it really liked it
An unique spin added to a paranormal fantasy story. Interesting relationships between sisters. I'm heading on to Chasing Shadows (book two) to see how it all pans out.
Heather
May 20, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
Different perspectives lead to choices that will cause you to want to delve deeper into this story. It has, action, adventure and love and angst.
Jaci
May 02, 2016 Jaci rated it it was amazing
5 Outstanding Stars
I was given a book in exchange for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

No matter the size or topic of the book Tia Silverthorne Bach never ceases to amaze me at how she can pull you into the story and make you want to just linger there a bit longer. I recommend reading Chasing Forgiveness after Chasing Shadows and before Chasing Destiny so that you can get some back-story on a few of the characters.
Melissa Burcham
May 18, 2016 Melissa Burcham rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
I was asked for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

Although this book was a novella, it was still a good book. If you have been reading the Tala Prophecy series, then this novella will help provide more of a back story on 4 main characters of the series. I enjoyed this story. It was a quick read that explained a lot in regards to the series.

This novella tells us why brothers Rafe and Rowan split. Why one is fighting
Linda Kolbe
May 18, 2016 Linda Kolbe rated it it was amazing
This mini novella explains so much you see a side of Madeleine and why she is the way she is with Reagan. Amèlie is introduced to us instead of just mentioned. The bond of the sisters so special and yet torn apart because of a man. Rafe actions make you loath him even more which makes you want to continue reading the series to find out what happens.
Laura  Hernandez
Jan 09, 2017 Laura Hernandez rated it really liked it
Full of twists and turns and intriguing characters. Such a great read that I now need to get started with the series.
Rena DeBerry
Mar 23, 2017 Rena DeBerry rated it liked it
A bit redundant but as it was a quick read no harm,
Fallon Brown
Fallon Brown rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2015
Ariana Robinson
Ariana Robinson rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2015
erin phillips
erin phillips rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2017
Tricia Copeland
Tricia Copeland rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
Jaime Rodriguez
Jaime Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2016
desiree  Bergez
desiree Bergez rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Tia Bach
Nov 16, 2015 Tia Bach rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Brooke
Brooke rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
June
June marked it as to-read
Sheri
Sheri marked it as to-read
Karen Thompson
Karen Thompson marked it as to-read
Tammy Pooser
Tammy Pooser marked it as to-read
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Micielle
Micielle marked it as to-read
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Dawn Obrien
Dawn Obrien marked it as to-read
L
L marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Rochelle Webb
Rochelle Webb marked it as to-read
SARIT
SARIT marked it as to-read
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
Kay Butz
Kay Butz marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
J
J marked it as to-read
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon marked it as to-read
Sandra Beck
Sandra Beck marked it as to-read
Craig Dean
Craig Dean marked it as to-read
Melissa Adkins
Melissa Adkins marked it as to-read
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Raymond Stone
Raymond Stone marked it as to-read
Lauri
Lauri marked it as to-read
Cheryl Wood
Cheryl Wood marked it as to-read
  • Fight for Dawn
  • Soul Slam (Soul Warriors #1)
  • SuperNOIRtural Tales
  • Timekeeper Rising
  • Dead Girls Club
  • Ghost Heart
  • Once upon a Nightmare: A Collection
  • Under The Mountains
  • Spirit of Meradoon
  • Birth Marked (The Markers, #1)
  • Twixt
  • The Beguilers
  • Playing With Fire
  • The Beautiful Dead (The Beautiful Dead, #1)
  • Nocturnal Offerings
  • Ezekiel's Bones
  • Terminal Island
  • Frostwalker
Tia Silverthorne Bach has been married to her college sweetheart for twenty years, has three beautiful girls, and adores living in sunny California. Her daughters were born in Chicago, San Diego, and Baltimore; and she feels fortunate to have called many places home. She believes in fairy tales and happy endings and is an avid reader and rabid grammar hound.

She is an award-winning, multi-genre au
More about Tia Silverthorne Bach...

Tala Prophecy (4 books)
  • Chasing Memories (Tala Prophecy, #1)
  • Chasing Shadows (Tala Prophecy, #2)
  • Chasing Destiny (Tala Prophecy #3)
  • Chasing Eternity (Tala Prophecy, #4)