Start by marking “Artifice (Nights of Shadow #1)” as Want to Read:
Artifice (Nights of Shadow #1)

Artifice (Nights of Shadow #1)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Eliza Ross believes she is living an isolated life in Montana without family or friends. Then a mysterious stalker turns her world upside down. The cops think she is crazy, but the medical doctors soon discover that Eliza isn’t normal—and they are determined to find out why.

Dmitri Markov is a Druzhina who knows everything about Eliza, but his mission is to make her forget.
Published May 27th 2015 by Lianne Miller

To ask other readers questions about Artifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Artifice

Aly
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I was guessing what was going to happen the whole time. I love a good mystery! There were some very good twists and turns in this book. I would love to read the next book! You should check it out too. I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Interrobanged
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Eliza Ross isn't who people think she is. In fact, Eliza Ross isn't who she thinks she is.

The old saying is that the truth will set you free, but there are some things more compelling than truth. Eliza Ross finds those things in Dmitri Markov, a man sent to plague her--or so she thinks.

I'll have to try to write this carefully to avoid spoilers, because I know readers will want to experience this book the same way I did. What I will say is that Lianne Miller handles this genre very well, allowing
K.E. Garvey
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Belonging to the supernatural/fantasy genre, it is in complete contrast to the southern fiction and mysteries I generally read.

It did take me a little while to get into the vampire mindset, but after the initial odd feel, it began to flow.

Artifice comes in at just under 500 pages. Since I am unfamiliar with the genre, I was also unfamiliar with its typical word count, but it seemed long.

At first.

Now that I have finished it, I can tell you that the length fit the story. Too many books these days
Jim
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Artifice is about a girl named Eliza Ross. At the beginning of the book, she doesn't really have much of a memory or much of a life. She is a young college student who no one will talk to. She goes to class and back to her apartment. She regularly calls the police about a stalker that the can't find any sign of. About the time she gets locked into a psychiatric hospital, things start to get interesting. When her medical tests all come up weird and they decide that she is imagining her stalker th ...more
Heather Rizkallah
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The relationship on this book makes me think that anything can last forever. But the amnesia doesn't help Eliza become who she is. Can't wait to see who she becomes
Raven
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed this book. I could not put it down. There were points when I got angry and points when I cried. It is truly an emotional ride and I cannot wait to see where this story goes.
Brittany
Stacey
Roopa Kangovi
Jun 29, 2015
Compelling 2 3 May 24, 2015 12:37PM

Lianne Miller grew up in the mountains of southwestern Montana, about two hundred miles northwest of Bozeman. She now lives on the high plains in the northeastern part of the state, where she runs a horse ranch with her husband and an extended family member.

From riding horses to driving a semitruck and owning a small business, Lianne has worn many hats and labels, and she often claims to be a ja

More about Lianne Miller

Nights of Shadow (3 books)
  • Vendetta (Nights of Shadow #2)
  • Chaos (Nights of Shadow #3)