Start by marking “Shadows of the Neanderthal: Illuminating the Beliefs That Limit Our Organizations” as Want to Read:

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  64 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Boogie the caveman is on a quest to understand how his people have become stuck in beliefs that drastically limit their ability to share insights and make progress. Join his hilarious journey of discovery and learn how to surface, share, and challenge your own and others' hidden beliefs and to recognize how they inform--and often misinform--what we do. With its engaging us ...more
Published January 1st 1999 by Pegasus Communications (first published November 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Shadows of the Neanderthal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows of the Neanderthal

Mark
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've actually been trying to be more aware of my mental models in the last few years. It has dramatically altered the way I look at things and the way I think about things. Some of my positions on hot political topics have been dramatically changed and my predilection for hostile argument has gone down. Overall, I'd say my life is much more peaceful as a result. Still, this is the sort of thing you can't afford to get complacent about,
Kaushik
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very simplistic take on the core issues of any big organization. An organization is, in many ways, a living organism; while being a part of the whole how one must challenge the status-quo of preconceived notions, conformity bias, groupthink and communication pitfalls is what this book is about.

A must read (more importantly understand) for new-era leaders.
Aaron Wong
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent modern-day fable.
Stephanie
Oct 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Had to read this for one of my Master's classes. It is pretty interesting and equally ridiculous.
Danielle
Jun 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone interested professional growth
Sometimes it's difficult going back to the cave?
Iman
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A quick read and a great book for teens to adults and anyone who interacts with other human beings!
Miss Ryoko
May 14, 2011 marked it as to-read
My boyfriend has to read this book for one of his classes and I want to read it because it's written in a fictional sort of way with illustrations and all! Haha - it looks fun!
Ulises
Dec 20, 2015
Kevin Urman
Jul 04, 2015
Brandy Polk
rated it did not like it
Nov 28, 2016
Jun 08, 2017
Tony Bradshaw
May 20, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
David Hutchens is an author, business writer and learning designer who creates communication solutions for The Coca-Cola Company, Wal-Mart, IBM, GE, Nike, Bank of America, and others. He served as chairman of Storytelling in Organizations, a special interest group of the globally renowned National Storytelling Network.

He speaks to organizations and leadership teams all around the world on the topi
More about David Hutchens