Start by marking “Dark Legend (Dark, #7)” as Want to Read:
Dark Legend (Dark, #7)

Dark Legend (Dark #7)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  18,173 Ratings  ·  337 Reviews
'Every Carpathian male is drawn to his life mate, a Carpathian or human female able to provide the light to his darkness. Without her, the beast within slowly consumes the man until turning vampire is the only option.'

Gabriel wakes deep within the ground, and the first sensation he feels is an overwhelming hunger for blood. But as he hunts the dark streets of Paris for pre
Mass Market Paperback, 382 pages
Published January 28th 2002 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about Dark Legend, please sign up.
Timothy I haven't read this book it is very interesting, I think it is very good book. it is very more exciting stories

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Angel of light Stars

First read July 2012 Reread January 24, 2016
Reread Feb 1 2017

"Don't get any ideas, I'm just giving the devil his due. All this time our people called you the angel of light and Lucian the dark angel. I think they might have it backward."-Francesca

photo roni_zpslfxjgwwi.gif

"I am not trying to take over your life, I only want to share it. I ask for a chance. Only that. A chance. You had not planned to end your life for several years. Share those years with me. Let me try to make up for the wrong I d
Cyndi
I loved, loved, loved this one! I thought Gabriel and Francesca were amazing together! I also love Lucien- he is very intriguing and powerful! Skyler was awesome and I hope she gets a great lifemate!
Erika

Originally read this Fall 2014

RE-READ June 18-20 2015

I really enjoyed my reread of this book, though I didn't feel the same degree of excitement as the first time around -- which makes perfect sense since I knew what was going to happen!!! lol. This story has several really great plot developments that are quite gripping and emotional. The storyline with Skylar is one of the best in this series. The relationship and storyline with Gabriel and his twin,Lucian, is also one of the best in my opinio
Zeek
Mar 29, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: pnr
I tried Christine Feehan before and couldn't get into her stories, but so many recommend her I had to give her another shot.

Dark Legend, the story of Gabriel, the Carpathian hero who lived for centuries with one intent, keeping his Carpathian-turned-Vampire twin brother, Lucian, in check.

Dark Legend opens with Gabriel awakening after a century's long, self-induced sleep in the earth, hungry and in need. Almost immediately, he meets up with Franchesca- who just happens to be his lifemate.

How conv
CC
Jul 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Maybe 3.5 stars
I will freely admit that this is a bit of a "cop out" rating. I was pretty unhappy with the Hero for the first 40% of the book, and then pretty pissed with him for the remainder. The heroine is almost too saintly and I think she had a bit of a Pollyanna complex. However, it is a very good story. I am not sure I have forgiven Gabriel for what he unintentionally did to Francesca all those years ago or what he INTENTIONALLY did to her in this book, but I hold no ill will towards them
Chitra *CJ*
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: safety-first, v-card
"Dark Legend" is the story of Gabriel and Francesca.
Gabriel is the twin brother of Lucian, and they have buried themselves for 2000 years as they were vampire hunters, until Lucian turned evil. To save humanity and Carpathians alike, Gabriel sacrificed himself in a battle and trapped both himself and Lucian in the earth.
Years later, he rises ravenous because of construction on the cemetery and finds solace and reprieve in what turns out to be his estranged mate, Francesca.
Francesca always knew G
Susan
Originally read in June 2008

Christine Feehan's Dark Legend is the 8th book in her "Dark Carpathians" series, and I must tell you that the books just get better and better as I continue. In this book we delve further into the legendary twin Carpathian hunters Gabriel and Lucian. The last couple of books have "whispered" to us of them, but as this is Gabriel's story, we learn a lot about him and his brother here. This is also the story of Francesca Del Ponce, Gabriel's amazing lifemate.

For two tho
Katie Michaels
Mar 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Just when you think you've met the oldest and most powerful of Christine Feehan's Carpathian males, she produces one who's even older and more powerful. We've heard the stories about the legendary Daratrazanoff twins, Gabriel and Lucian. Gregori's older brothers were great fighters and protectors of the Carpathian people. Everyone has believed them dead for centuries, but they've really been locked beneath the earth all this time.

The brothers made a pact early on that should either one become a
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
The best thing about this book was the relationship between Gabriel and Lucian. Incredible. The only thing I didn't like about Lucian, and it really isn't Lucian's fault, is that I had gotten it engrained in my head that Gregori is the most powerful Carpathian. Now all of these old folks are showing up. Gregori is looking like a kid LOL! But seriously, the interaction and love from brother to brother is wonderful and I like it that even in the midst of being hunted by his brother, Lucian felt hi ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
My favorite things about this Carpathian books were:

Francesca is very independent and capable. She's existed for many years and managed to hide herself from the Carpathian males and the vampires. She figured out how to live as a human. I love her big heart, how she takes care of the homeless people and heals the sick. She was a great heroine.

I also liked Gabriel. He accepted Francesca as she was, embracing her personality and her strengths, and admiring and supporting her.

Skylar's story just ab
Jules2016
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
OMG, just get to the damn point already!!!! This book tortured me with Long and drawn out dialogue about FEELINGS. How the heroine felt about the hero, or her doctor friend who was also in love with her. As for the hero, he couldn't stop talking about his feelings for his vampire twin brother, his flaming desire for the heroine, or his fierce protectiveness for the teenage girl he has placed under his care.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually wanted less talk and more action. What kep
Shari Kay
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr-uf
2 ✷

Finished! Finally. This one bored the ever loving stew out of me. I usually enjoy this series in moderation(no back to back reads) but gah this one about killed me. I set it down so many times... it literally took me months to read.

So Francesca is a ancient Carpathian women hiding among the humans. Gabriel is a legendary hunter and very close to turning when he finally meets his lifemate.

I'm not going to map out the plot here. I'm just going to say this one was so repetitive, so nauseatingl
Mafi
Sep 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sherrilyn Kenyon's fans
Shelves: pt, read-marathon, 2012
Adorei este livro!

Não sei o que passou na cabeça da Bertrand para editarem o 8º volume desta série, mesmo sendo livros individuais, tinha mais lógica começarem pelo primeiro.

Este livro conta a história de Gabriel e Lucian, dois irmãos gémeos, caçadores de vampiros que depois de um desentendimento, ficam largos anos separados. Separada de Gabriel está também Francesca, uma curandeira, com um coração de outro, sempre pronta a ajudar quem mais precisa. E é assim que conhece Gabriel, pois pensando
Izy
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-paranormal
Rating~ 5 stars.

This is Gabriel and Francesca's story. Gabriel is one of the ancients and the one-half of the infamous hunter twins who devoted their life to the duty they had towards their people. While Francesca is also an ancient but not as old as Gabriel, She had decided to live her last few years on earth as a human.

I really enjoyed Francesca and Gabriel's story, their connection and the love they had for their adopted child.

Rae
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I liked Francesa's character. She had her own identity. It wasn't over-the-top like Jaxon (who was tough in her own mind but whined and unreal) or Destiny (who I actually liked but she seemed slightly manish).
Louisa
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reads
Such a great book, and I knew what was going on, and yet it was so freaking good, knowing that Lucien was just faking it, to protect Gabriel! So good, so loving this series!
Delta
4.5 Sexy, Poignant, Forever and Ever Lifemate Love Stars!
Alex is The Romance Fox
I have a secret…….when it comes to reading books …it’s like living with OCD….you know…obsessive compulsive disorder!!!!! If I start reading the first book in a series I have to read them all……what a luck that my friend gave me the first 12 or 13 books in the Dark Series….which I finished reading nonstop for the next two weeks….and before I reached book 12, I had in my possession the entire series (after doing a web search to find where they could be bought!!!).
Hunger…that’s what I felt……turning
KatieV
I had taken a break from this series (there are soooo many of them). Someone made a comment on another review and mentioned that I should go back and read this one (I skipped a few). I'm glad I did. This was definitely one of the better entries in the series.

These books get repetitive. It's not that I don't like the plot or premise, but I find I get a bit burnt out when I read them back to back.

This is the story of Gabriel, one of the infamous and legendary twins that are talked about in the pr
Kazza
Sep 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I have a guilty secret (well not so secret) it's these darn Carpathian books. Truly they aren't really my style but bloody hell I still read them because there is something about the men that I just like and some of the women too. This book though I personally found a tough read, she was so good, he was so good, no he was so good, no she was...you get my point. Christine Feehan is to be thanked for today's PNR UF books but boy can she waffle sometimes and this book was a waffler and a half. The ...more
valee
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was extremely surprised of how much I adored this book. I was frustrated when I realized it would be once more about new characters and not the ones we already know and love. Although I was certain I would have a great time with it as the previous installment already got us introduced to this respected and feared fighter.

Gabriel was one of my favorites so far. And I adored his mate. While she annoyed me at the beginning, she grew on me fast. In this installment we get to read about a couple c
Cristina
Feb 13, 2016 rated it liked it
3 - 3.5 Stars
IamGamz
...sigh....

I love Gabriel. He’s so honorable. And Francesca. She’s kind and sweet and has a heart of gold. The opening of the book had me questioning her sanity when she picked up a desiccated Gabriel, put him in her car and started him driving him around.

I thought she was human and was gonna get nommed. But Gabriel recognized the goodness in her, and even at his most desperate, refused to injure her.

Then I met Skylar. I wanted extreme pain and torture for the monster who called himself her fa
❋
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
yay, yay, yaaay

So this is the first Dark Sage book I've written a review for, so that alone speaks volumes.

Warning: this review is less of a review, more of an expression of my emotions and feelings towards this book.

As always, the concept for this series thrills me. I'm drawn to it and I love how it feels so authentic and real. It's left me with an unparalleled desire to find a lifemate- if only it existed *dreamy sigh. I've always thought of it as a sort of soulmate sort of thing.
description

This book
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Oct 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Gabriel and his twin, Lucian, are legendary hunters among the Carpathians. They have been destroying vampires and defeating human armies for two millennia, but for the past hundred years no one has seen or heard of them. Word is that Lucian turned vampire and his brother hunted and fought him across the globe. Now after a century of sleeping beneath a Parisian cemetery, construction crews have woken them to a new world, new technology but the same age-old battle.

Gabriel wakes hungry, his body li
Malinda
4.5-5 stars

This was a great story and addition to the series. I really liked both Gabriel and Francesca and their story was very engaging.

Francesca is a Carpathian woman that's a strong healer. She has been alive for a long time and once, she saw a Carpathian male she was sure was her lifemate. Unfortunately, he didn't recognize her as such and left to go fight vampires. Francesca decided to go live her life on her own and ended up living mostly like a human to escape the notice of Carpathians o
T.J. Shaw
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire
I’ve read some of Ms. Feehan’s earlier books in this Dark Carpathian series. I enjoyed them then and DARK LEGEND proved no different. DARK LEGEND is a great continuation in the Carpathian novels. Ms. Feehan’s writing style is sweeping and lyrical, and left no doubt in my mind about the characters’ feelings toward each other. Francesca is a strong, independent woman who has forged her own way in life. I admired her achievements and her compassion. ¬¬¬Gabriel is the strong, egotistical Carpathian ...more
Tpring
Jan 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
What is the allure of this life-mate nonsense? It is neither a particularly romantic concept nor does it make a good foundation for an engrossing narrative. I know there are stories which do it well, giving it an unexpected twist or a deeper meaning. 'Dark Legend' is not one of those.

Heroine is a saint who worked hard on forging an independent life for herself. Hero crawls from the soil after a century long confinement and stumbles upon his mate 10 minutes later. Instead of letting her get to kn
Natalia815
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oscura
35 estrellas. Lo que más me ha gustado del libro es Skyler y como la cuidan. Dentro de unos años, este personaje debería tener su propio libro.

La historia de amor entre Gabriel y Francesca, es bonita, ellos son adorables, pero espero que el libro de Lucian cambie un poco el esquema de los libros, ya que me da la sensación de que siempre es lo mismo.
Laura Beth
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gabriel and Francesca make a great couple and even though Gabriel has all the alpha controlling Carpathian tendency that this series is known for he shows a care and loving towards Francesca and Skyler. The plot is good and makes for a great read. The book is amazing.
  • After Twilight (Dark, #6.5)
  • Night Lost (Darkyn #4)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Renegade Hunter (Argeneau #12; Rogue Hunter #3)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Night Bites (Mackenzie Vampires #2)
  • Master of the Moon (Mageverse #2)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 70 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received ...more
More about Christine Feehan

Dark (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Dark Prince (Dark, #1)
  • Dark Desire (Dark, #2)
  • Dark Gold (Dark, #3)
  • Dark Magic (Dark, #4)
  • Dark Challenge (Dark, #5)
  • Dark Fire (Dark, #6)
  • Dark Guardian (Dark, #8)
  • Dark Symphony (Dark, #9)
  • Dark Melody (Dark, #10)
  • Dark Destiny (Dark, #11)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“He found a stuffed animal, a fluffy wolf with bright blue eyes, and was immediately drawn to it. "I want to get this for her. It is telling me it needs to go home with us." Francesca laughed at him.” 19 likes
“Francesca took a navy blue sheath from a hanger and held it up. "This is darling, Gabriel. Don't you love it? You're right, I think we need to concentrate on much more feminine articles of clothing."
He reached around her and fingered the soft material. "Where is the rest of it?" He was very serious, his dark eyes searching her face for signs she was teasing.”
14 likes