Start by marking “Vagrant (Condemned, #4)” as Want to Read:
Vagrant (Condemned, #4)

Vagrant (Condemned #4)

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  1,045 Ratings  ·  150 Reviews
I’ve finally got what I want.

Rafe Mason loves me.

His darkness owns me.
Consumes me.
Bends me.
Heals me.

Loving him shouldn’t be this hard.

VAGRANT is a dark romance with disturbing themes and explicit content, including sexual scenes and violence that may offend some. Intended for mature audiences. Please beg
Published September 15th 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Vagrant, please sign up.

Gemma James Vagrant will be the last book, wrapping up Alex and Rafe's story. I might write a spin-off of Jax's story down the road, but nothing concrete yet.…moreVagrant will be the last book, wrapping up Alex and Rafe's story. I might write a spin-off of Jax's story down the road, but nothing concrete yet. Thanks for your interest! (less)
Gemma James Hi,

Hi,

I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. I didn't see these questions until now. I had to move the date out a month later due to illness, so that's why the date changed. (less)

DW
Sep 19, 2015 DW rated it really liked it
Shelves: condemned
Can I just say real quick.. I am so glad that is over. I have been so wound up and frustrated over this series. The crazy thing is that I couldn't quit reading it.

In the beginning I was a huge Rafe fan but now I realize that is just sick in the head. He did all this crazy stuff to "save" her but he did terrible things to her for "punishment".

Alex wasn't much better because she actually liked it. I was so proud of her for about a minute but then she disappointed me again.

Im just glad it's over
Katie
Sep 07, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it
4.5 I'm so sad this series is over stars
**arc kindly provided by the author! thank you Gemma James!**

description

description

OMG. What an emotionally charged ending to this amazing series. At this point, it's safe to say that the reader knows Rafe and Alex like the back of their hands. You've come to love this couple and to see them go through the final test of their love is truly bittersweet. I am going to miss reading about this amazing couple!

The book opens to a very depressed Alex who is mourning the loss of Rafe
Kim BookJunkie
3.5 stars. What a let down......
After giving each of the first 3 books and the Condemned Series 5 star ratings and absolutely loving them, I was VERY eager to get my hands on this book, buying it the week it was released. I had enjoyed the other books in this series so much that I decided to go back and reread books 2 & 3 just to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything before I read this one, book #4. I don't regret rereading Rampant and Fervent since they were just as good the second time th
Candace
Dark And Sexy!

The fourth, and final, book in the Condemned series, 'Vagrant' returns to the dark, heated vibe of the first book. Rage has his memory back and he's not fighting his darker urges. He wants to own Alex and expects obedience.

Alex is torn between equal parts joy, for being reunited with the man she thought had died, and anger, as she has to face the fact that Rafe chose to abandon her all those months ago. The man that Rafe has become in their time apart is more sinister than the man
♣️ Lynda ♣️
Apr 17, 2015 ♣️ Lynda ♣️ rated it really liked it
Would have been 5 Stars but I didn't care for this Rafe at all.
Sheila
Sep 08, 2015 Sheila rated it it was amazing
This whole series had a firm hold on me from page one! I'm so glad I was able to read them one after the other until the end, I'm pretty sure the wait for the next book would've killed me. They're dark, they're sexy, and the series ends with a most fantastic HEA. What more can you ask for?

When I first received this ARC I immediately jumped in, not realizing it was a series needing to be read in order. It took me 40% of the book before I realized something was terribly wrong, lol. Don't do what I
Tiffany Readz
Sep 12, 2015 Tiffany Readz rated it liked it
3.5 Stars-I Don't Like This Rafe

Hm I realize the life this guy lived and continues to live makes him hard (in more ways than one), but I wasn't liking this Rafe Mason at all. Sure he would still do anything for his girl, however seemed a bit more twisted and sadistic than I remembered from the three previous books.

"I couldn't let you go no matter how hard I tried." ~ Alex

And she didn't. Alex has waited all of her life for Rafe Mason and finally has him. Rafe however has his sights set on reven
Sarah L
Sep 09, 2015 Sarah L rated it liked it
Vagrant picks up six months after Fervent ended, and Rafe is back to claim Alex once and for all.

If I’m to be completely honest, I was expecting a lot more from the final book in the Series. I had enjoyed everything, for the most part, up to this point. I was thrilled that Rafe got his memories back at the end of the last book, but if I would have known what to expect because of it then I would have been singing a different tune.

Rafe always had dark desires. He was always controlling. But I fel
♥︎♥︎ Demaris♥︎♥︎
To say I'm disappointed in this last instalment of the Condemned series would be an understatement. This book is a prime example of an author stretching the hell out of a story for financial gain. There was not a single worthy plot point that made this book necessary and you could tell that the author herself had lost interest in her characters. It's all bollocks, honestly; save time and money and read something else.
littleKitten
Apr 06, 2015 littleKitten rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

*ARC provided for an honest review*

I'm having a hard time rating this one. As much as I liked the Condemned series Vagrant didn't live up to my expectations.
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
Apr 16, 2015 Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks* rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
Review on BadAndDirtyBooks

I have been patiently waiting for the final installment in the Condemned Series and now that it's over I'm both happy and sad. Happy because it was beyond a perfect ending and sad cause I would love more stories about Rafe and Alex.

Holy shit what an amazing final book. Just reading the first chapter and I felt like I was coming home to see a long lost friend.
It picks up right where Fervent ended. Rafe told Alex that he would return to her after he went to help his frie
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
***** 5 "Never Letting You Go" Stars *****

photo Damn-girl-gif_zpsyyugw9o8.gif

Gemma James....HOT DAMN GIRL....this series WAS PHENOMENAL!!!!

"His darkness owns me. Consumes me. Bends me. Heals me.

Alex is trying to come to terms with the decision that Rage made at the end of book 3. When she finally thinks she has her life under some what control, she is greeted with her past that she had hoped for 6 months ago.

photo 37785743-d1cc-42bf-be9d-6a83291a9afe_zpsrbdp4rey.jpg

Rafe and Alex's journey to keep her safe is met with road block after road block and truths that won't necessarily se
Carissa
Sep 18, 2015 Carissa rated it it was ok
Too anti climactic for me
Rough Draft Book Blog
Jun 16, 2015 Rough Draft Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Vagrant by Gemma James
Rafe & Alex's Conclusion
YOUR HOME IS UNDERNEATH ME
5 Stars because 10 is (again) not an option!

Sooooo... This is it! This is the end of an era! I loved it, I hated it, and I wanted to start the series all over again! God help me, but I'm a dirty, filthy whore who can't get enough of this tale of woe and despair. This is the fourth and FINAL installment of the Condemned series and I feel like a part of me will forever be left on the pages of this invigorating tale. Gemma
Give Me Books
Oct 13, 2015 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
Gemma, YOU DID IT TO ME AGAIN! GAH. I would ask myself why I keep coming back for more, but you write some fantastic stories and I can NOT get enough!

This is the conclusion of the Condemned series, and if you haven’t read the first three, YOU NEED TO RIGHT NOW!

Rafe and Alex are back! And thank goodness I had done laundry first, as my panties ended up damp at some points. Rafe is back to the person we first met—all broody, alpha, and oh so dominant male. If he was a real person, I might have to o
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Apr 27, 2015 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
This is book four and the conclusion to Rafe and Alex's story. I really didn't want this book or series to end.

The storyline keeps up the fast paced grittiness that we got in the previous books. Rafe and Alex are still running from their past. Will they find peace and a happy ever after? Well you'll have to read to find out.

I absolutely loved and inhaled this book like I did with the previous books. It's certainly not for the faint hearted but I'm convinced my mind is totally warped from readin
Kathy

Published by Self-Published on September 15, 2015
Pages: 156
Book Review: Vagrant by Gemma JamesSeries: Condemned #4
Format: eARC

This book may be unsuitable for people under 17 years of age due to its use of sexual content, drug and alcohol use, and/or violence.

I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my re
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Feb 19, 2017 April ♥"LOS" ♥ rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great ending for this series. Alex and Rafe find each other again (in a manner of speaking) and the issue with Zach is somewhat resolved. While it wasn't the ending that I expected (I'm trying not to give away spoilers) I was happy with the way things worked out.
I would definitely recommend this series but it is very dark and has some very disturbing parts that might upset some readers.
Shayna
What a rush! A high-octane, gritty and heavily erotic conclusion to one of my favorite dark romance series.

If you are looking for something sweet, light, and romantic then turn around and run away, OR you can run towards the darkness and try something new with this incredible dark erotic series. Believe me, it is worth the risk.

Alex and Rafe have been through so much. It was bittersweet to have their story come to an end. I was thrilled for them to finally get the happy ending they deserve, and
Stacy
May 07, 2015 Stacy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
AHHHHHH! No Gemma you can't end the series like that! I have so many unanswered questions, like where did Zach go, does he leave Alex alone, and do Rafe and Alex every get married?

I really hope there is another book, or at least a spin offjust so I can have some closure.
AdequateBookWhore
Jan 30, 2016 AdequateBookWhore rated it it was amazing
HOLY MOTHER. My head, heart and soul are in a clusterfuck of emotions that I don't think I understand. The sexual vibes and the intense tension? God. I definitely needed more than a pair of panties and fuck, I'd happily kneel for Rafe. That's all. [Full Review Coming].
Arijana Pejić
Oct 01, 2015 Arijana Pejić rated it it was amazing
what a great mindfuck!
Jessica
Apr 28, 2016 Jessica rated it liked it
Talk about an anticlimactic ending. All that build up and .... Nothin. Kinda disappointed about that.
Shabby- BookBistroBlog
The story is "tied up" nicely , with a bow in the concluding part.
A bit rushed ending, a bit repetitive scenes , but all in all, very sweaty, heavy, breathing story . Rafe is stuck, he can't escape the inevitabe. So he literally ties up Alex, while he goes to take care of business. The lost six months are still a bone of contention between them. Now that Alex has found grit and resolve, she's growing defiant....and getting punished for it.
I loved the entire series, read them one after the other
Mardi Sauve
Feb 22, 2017 Mardi Sauve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the condemned series!

The story line admittedly is over the top but the passion between the main characters is spot on and I am a sucker for steamy romance with flawed personalities yet, they flawed in all the best ways. It is HEA tale I couldn't put down.
Christine Kaplan
Good book loved the characters and the storyline
Vânia Nunes
Feb 12, 2017 Vânia Nunes rated it liked it
Part 4 of 4

Read the review here > http://bit.ly/2lF8gFG
Kristy /Obsessed with Romance
Apr 19, 2015 Kristy /Obsessed with Romance rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, dark-reads
5 Star Review

I can NOT think of a single series that had me anticipating a book as fervently as the Condemned Series. I read Torrent and Rampant in a single sitting, devouring both and forgoing sleep in favor following this dirty as hell, sexy as sin, often disturbing and completely enthralling story. When Fervent came out I couldn't get to it fast enough and just like the first 2 books, it did not disappoint, taking me on a crazy, dark, wild ride and (also like the first two) leaving me with one hell of a
Barb Shuler
First off, thanks to Gemma James and Give Me Books for allowing me a copy of Vagrant to read and review honestly.

And as a warning, Gemma doesn't write stories filled with pink fluffy bunnies and all of that. They are Dark, Twisted and all kinds of dirty hot goodness. It's like a double chocolate cake with chocolate icing, chocolate chips and a sprinkle of chocolate sauce. Hot. Dirty. Sticky and too much my make ya toss your cookies! #NotForTheFaintOfHeart

My first thoughts? Blown. The. Hell. Aw
Kim Howlett
Sep 12, 2015 Kim Howlett rated it really liked it
This is the 4th and last book in the Condemned series. All books need to be read in order as they all follow the journey of Rafe and Alex.
I really loved this series. It was so full on and intense through the whole series and is no different in this book.
Reading the last book was harder than reading the other 3 books in the series as it was time to find out what happens to both the characters, will they get a HEA or won't they? And find out how the story ends?
I wanted Rafe and Alex to finally ge
Goodreads Librari...: update page number 3 13 Jan 27, 2016 11:46AM
Bargain Basement: $10 Amazon Gift Card 1 6 Sep 15, 2015 09:55AM
  • Filthy 6 (Filthy, #6)
  • Mine (Club Sin, #7)
  • With Visions of Red (With Visions of Red: Broken Bonds #2)
  • Lie with Me (Decadence After Dark, #4)
  • I See You
  • The Emancipation of Love (Monster #2)
  • Queen (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #5-7)
  • Deliverance for Amelia (Killer, #1)
  • Uncovering You: The Complete First Boxset (Uncovering You #1, #2, & #3)
  • A Feast of You (The Epicurean, #3)
  • The Queen (The Original Sinners, #8)
  • Beyond Ruin (Beyond, #7)
  • Absolution
  • Twenty One
  • SLATE (Breaking the Declan Brothers, #2)
  • Love is Strange (I Know..., #2)
  • Blood Stained Tranquility (Ryze, #2)
  • Sociopath: Legacy
Gemma James is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of a blend of genres, from new adult suspense to dark erotic romance. She loves to explore the darker side of human nature in her fiction, and she's morbidly curious about anything dark and edgy, from deviant sex to serial killers. Readers have described her stories as being "not for the faint of heart."

She warns you to heed their words! Her
More about Gemma James...

Condemned (4 books)
  • Torrent (Condemned, #1)
  • Rampant (Condemned, #2)
  • Fervent (Condemned, #3)