Start by marking “Pennies (Dollar, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pennies (Dollar, #1)

Pennies

(Dollar #1)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  9,058 Ratings  ·  1,270 Reviews
"I'm not the hero in this story, girl. You'd do best to remember that."

At eighteen years old, I was murdered.

I wish my tale ended there.

However, my killer resuscitated me and sold me to the highest bidder, sentencing me to a world worse than Hell.

For the past two years, I've lived a life of torment as a man's property. I suffer in silence and wish for freedom, but I neve
Published July 20th 2016 (first published July 18th 2016)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
FREE! (limited time) | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

★★★★★! Pennies, book 1 of 5. Opening to Mr. Prest & Pim’s epic saga of money, love, lies, betrayal & deceit!

“A penny for your thoughts, silent one. Perhaps, today you’ll speak.”

Books in Dollar series should be read in order:
Book 1: Pennies
Book 2: Dollars
Book 3: Hundreds
Book 4: Thousands
Book 5: Millions

The Dollar series is to be the epic love saga of Elder Prest, Kaitou and Pimlico Tasmin Blythe, Pim aka Little mouse.

Pennies (book 1) opens up
Candace
Mind-Blowing!

Whew! Pepper Winters never fails to blow my mind! I know when I pick up one of her stories that I'm in for a mindf*@k and that is exactly what I got with 'Pennies'.

This story was so disturbing that I needed to take a little time to decompress after finishing it, before writing this review. I just needed time to come to terms with what I had just read and process my emotions. To me, that's a sign that I've just finished a phenomenal book. You know it's great when it stays with you an
Pepper Winters
Jul 10, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
★★★ NOW LIVE ★★★

Want to read a romance that comes with a warning label? Something dark and twisty and almost wrong? First book is LIVE NOW
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2a6IDun
Amazon: http://amzn.to/29SiJwl
iBooks: http://apple.co/22yGfPb
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1TXN1uq
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1WVHdEZ
Paperback: http://amzn.to/29TBIBp
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1Plgtvw
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/1X2jy4I

Tasmin was killed on her 18th birthday. She had everything planned out. A psychology degree, a mother wh
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4 Stars!!

description

If you are fallowing my reviews, I think you know by now how much I love dark and twisted reads. I love how they keep me at the edge of my seat or how they make my heart race. I love how they push me out of my comfort zone and how most of the time they are so unpredictable. And let me tell you, Mrs. Winters’s first installment in her newest series, entitled 'Pennies' was a fantastic dark read. Disturbing, yet captivating, this first installment is cleverly written and it blew me away fr
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 STARS

description

Pepper Winters delivers a sex slave story with a bit of a twist with this captivating new series. There will five books in total all promising to release within a few months of one another. The story is dark, disturbing, and masterfully written.

description

Tasmin Blythe’s pain and thoughts throughout the horrific process of being taken and sold is simply heartbreaking. Her master is simply evil and her existence seems so hopele
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG Pepper!!! What have you done? I'm dying in here... Fuuuuuck!

My God, this is only the beginning of this series and it already blew my mind. It was soooo fucking good!!! Ugh can't wait to read 2nd book. Can't wait to know more about Elder Prest... I hope I won't wait too long... :-/

Elizabeth
"Money is what guided their separate fates. Money is what brought them together. And money is what ultimately destroys them."
descriptionPennies is the first book in the Dollar Series and once again I am awestruck by the fantastical writing of Pepper Winters! When I first read the blurb, I was, of course, intrigued and I immediately mentally prepared myself for "another" captor/captive romance. Brace yourself readers....this is not what you think it is! Read all the reviews you want but be forewarned NOTH
Karen Mc
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Light is meaningful only in relation to darkness, and truth presupposes error. It is these mingled opposites which people our life, which make it pungent, intoxicating. We only exist in terms of this conflict, in the zone where black and white clash.”~Louis Aragon

When I heard that Pepper Winters was going to create another dark series, I was elated as I have been pining for another dark read to ease the pain that the incredible Indebted series left behind. Indebted was the gaping wound held by
Khadidja
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dark twisted abusive relationship book lovers
“I didn’t have a saviour when I’d needed one. I had no intention of being a saviour to someone else. ”

i need a moment here to gather my thoughts.. WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK WAS THAT!!

This was one hell of novella, i have read so many books by Pepper winters, yet she still surprises me, one day i'm going to have a heart attack, she will be the death of me.

This is the first book that ever made me think *the heroine would be better off dead* what she has been through was hell on earth, The two main ch
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of a good book with a little dark inside
 photo fivepennystars_zpsxikcsls4.jpg

That was unexpected!! I was blown away by this book, it dug its claws into me in the full page warning at the start of the book and only just released them as I finished.
I have been disappointed by this author in the past, so I was not expecting it to be as good as it was. It should come with another warning though: Do not start this book at the beginning of a work week. I could not stop myself from picking it up at every opportunity which was not as often as I would have liked, it would be a
Natalie The Biblioholic
5 "When No one becomes Someone" stars!!

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge fan of Pepper Winters. I am completely obsessed with this author and her mad skills with the written word. And yes, I do stalk her ass on social media!

When I saw that the first book of her Dollar series was available:

gimme

oneclick

Mr. Prest. Elder Prest. Yes, I am absolutely in love with this character. Gaaaaaahhhhhhh! He made this freaking book. He was the epitome of an anti-hero and totally won me over from the start. Was his
Kaleigh ❤️
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, favorites
*****5 A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS STARS*****

This is a HAUNTINGLY, BEAUTIFUL tale of Kaitou (The Phantom Thief) and Mokusatsu (Kills with Silence).

I'm a fan of dark reads, I like that I can enter a world outside of my boundaries! Stories that can strip your mind and somehow make it acceptable to enter into uncharted territories. This story was different than the others I have read! It was dark, but not gritty. It was raw and not over cooked! It enraptured me! I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN I coul
Sana
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, dark, sexsexsex, romance
nope, i did not just reread this for the third time, don't look at me like that, yes im aware i have no life, goodbye and let me cry.

you know that fucking moment you have when you reread a fucking book you literally fucking read three goddamn days ago, but it fucking haunts you and you just fucking need to read it again because reading It once was just not fucking enough.

well yeah i just had that moment
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Pepper Winters" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CHAPTERS: 33
RELEASE DATE: July 20th 2016

MY RATING: 5 STARS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

PENNIES: This is Pimlico's and Elder's story.

Tasmin “At 18 I had pennies but money didn’t make me bold
At 19 I had dollars but it didn’t dull the pain of being sold
At 20 I had hundreds but then I met him and was found.
At 21 I had thousand
CC

description

At 18 yrs old, Tamsin Blythe is gone and there is only one person who knows where she is and if she will return. Upon being abducted, Pimlico was created to endure the physical brutalities of her handlers and owner, Alrik Asbjörn. Once Pim is introduced to her new home, she quickly learns how to read Master A’s expressions and behavior by using her innate ability of observation. These skills allow Pim to survive at the barest level but she is resilient and will not surrender completely to Alrik.
Aleatha Romig
My heart is pounding and I'm wanting more! That is what Pepper Winters' series do to me.

Pennies is just the first of her new Dollar series and I am head over heels in love with Elder Priest. Pepper has a way of making dark, deviant men utterly attractive and swoon worthy....Elder is no exception.

My heart broke for Prim.

Pennies is the first of five books and I know we are in for a bumpy but well worth it ride. This first book set the stage beautifully for what is presumably in store. I can not
Jayme
It's hard to read this story. I had to stop several times to finish, not because it was bad, but it was so heavy. Very exciting ending will leave you in a point that you will be breathlessly waiting for the next part.

“FREEDOM. Such a modest word. It carried very little importance for those who had it. But for those who didn’t, it was the most precious, prized, and promised hope of all.”

Pennies is about a girl Tasmin who at the age of eighteen was kidnapped and sold as a slave and named Pimpli
Maya
4,5 STARS

Believe it or not but this is my second book by this author and I didn't like the first one that I've read by her. So I don't know what hit me when I picked up this book but I got to tell you, I freaking love it! Seriously, the story is right up my alley. The plot is dark with lots of elements that would make the reader really feel the pain and the live that Tasmin or as she is later called Pim is living every single day at the hands of her buyer/captor/master.

After trusting the wrong
*TANYA*
The story is good, very good actually. I just can't deal with the repetitiveness of phrases and adjectives. They were unnecessary and tiresome Grrr. Lol.

For example: "You know so many secrets, I want to know all your secrets. You have secrets even you don't know."
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“A penny for your thoughts, silent one."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Tasmin is an eighteen-year-old girl with her whole future ahead of her. She has a mother that has money, although she may not be very loving but supports her in her career choice. Tasmin's life is a pretty happy one. That all changes when she is killed. She is choked to death and brought back to life and forced into a new identity.

Elfina Renee
Pepper Winter’s came with hurricane force and took few prisoners. Human trafficking and slave trading has alway been repulsive and this author gives an inside view. Up close and impersonal.
 photo Pennies 8.jpg
Don’t know who my heart broke more for, the imaginary No One or Pimlico. Surrounded in a world of predators, the actual fight to survival begins. The mindfuckery never stops! Lies, manipulation is at every corner.
 photo Pennies 7.jpg
Damn is it any wonder why I’m addicted to this author. Already counting down the days for the n
Kate ♥
Oh my gosh. This book. I have no words. It was so intense. I cried. This books touched my soul. I strongly recommend this to readers who love psychologically stimulating and dark reads. I DO NOT recommend it to anyone who cannot handle abuse stories.

On to read Dollars!!! Toodles!
warhawke
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Captor/captive fans
Genre: Dark Romance
Type: Book 1 of 5 from Dollar series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Tasmin Blythe lived a comfortable life even as she hated the expectations put on someone of her social standing. But all that she knew was ripped away when she was taken and sold to a monster. She was forced to adapt by learning it the hard way as Pimlico (Pim). Life with her Master was bleak until someone new shook up the dynamics.

Elder Prest was a visiting businessman. He was both loathed and feared for his
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 3 Hearts

Pennies has an intriguing blurb and even more unique name, and while Elder will pique curiosity, unfortunately Tasmin's character detracts from the deeper feelings of a dark, emotional read with her constant back and forth of "I'm strong"/ "I'm weak". Overall, my first Pepper Winters book was okay.

As always, so much fun with Suzanne! Love you! Muah. <3
-------

Before Reading:

First Pepper Winters book!! So excited! BR with my lady love, Suzanne! <3 ;P
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 5++ “you’ll never be found” STARS **

description

She was Tasmin once. A beautiful young girl. Successful. Brilliant. Loving. She had a life planned out for her. A good life. Perhaps a happy one.

Then she was killed. She was only eighteen then.

Now, at 20, she is Pimlico . A broken piece of glass. A girl with nothing. Not even a voice. She is still dead because breathing doesn't always mean you're still alive.

“Sometimes, it isn’
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo ced7cf8e29179a26508e8bf2eb7388_zpsrs1nuiuq.gif

photo c17f01a4f8dca0a8bc5aa9c1bac5af_zps7jbdtco2.gifFreedom. I had it. But then, I lost it. Murdered, resuscitated, and sold. I lost my freedom for so many years. Until the day he entered my cage. Him, with the black eyes and blacker soul. The man who challenged my owner. And set my imprisonment on an entirely different path.”

When I think of Pepper Winters, I immediately think of the first book that I read from Ms. Winters. And who could forget Tears of Tess and the Monster in the Dark Ser
Lo Bookfrantic
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Genre: Dark Romance
Type: Book 1 of 5 from Dollar series
POV: First Person - Dual

description
"The world is a fucked-up placed, and we all have our demons to bear."

description
"There was no where to run. I had no idea where I was. No hope to escape."

description

Tasmin Blythe aka Pimlico (Pim). Lived a life of luxury. Her mother raced her with wealth and to be someone of importance and class. She trusted so much, she was innocent and naive. That cost her everything.

Elder Prest a business man came across Pim at a business de
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
★★★★4 Stars★★★★

photo 1468723604553_zpstoiurvph.jpg

"You're worth pennies. But I'll make you worth fucking millions".

You know without a doubt that if you open up a book and there's a warning, not just any warning, I'm talking an entire freakin page: You're in for some deep sh*t. So what did I do? I went ahead and read the warning and about halfway through the story, I wanted to smack myself for not listening to it. There are some books that pushes the limit and takes you out of your comfort zone and there are some that down rig
Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★
Disclaimer: Just because this didn't work for me, it doesn't mean it might not work for you. This is my opinion and should only be taken as such. If you don't want to read an unfavorable review, then I warn you not to proceed.

Ok, right off the bat, I’m an avid dark romance reader and love my books edgy and even disturbing. Also, this is not my first rodeo with a (supposed) super dark romance and I can guarantee you it won’t be my last. This isn’t even my first Pepper Winters book. I read Tears
Olga therebelreader

Complimentary copy provided by the author. Thank you.

Once I started Pennies, I didn’t want it to finish. It was absolutely raw, powerful and gut wrenching. I shouted, sobbed and shuddered reading it. I felt everything that Pim, the heroine, was going through. Her pain, desparation, sadness, anger, fear.

I, also, loved the perilous game between Elder and Master A. It tortured Elder to see Pim's terror and suffer in both physical and emotional ways. He did the best he could to protect her under the
  • Duplicity (Tales from the Dark Side, #2)
  • Gun Shy
  • Hard Rules (Dirty Money, #1)
  • Commitment
  • A Gift of Time (Nine Minutes, #3)
  • The Gun Runner (Mafia Made, #1)
  • Bright Midnight
  • Sugar Rush (Sugar Bowl, #2)
  • Marriage Games (The Games Duet, #1)
  • Until Harry
  • Blood to Dust
  • Twenty to Life
  • Punk 57
  • One
  • Perfect Rage (Unyielding, #3)
  • Mr. Corporate (Mister, #3)
  • The Deep End (Honey, #1)
  • The Other Side
Pepper Winters is a multiple New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today International Bestseller.

After chasing her dreams to become a full-time writer, Pepper has earned recognition with awards for best Dark Romance, best BDSM Series, and best Hero. She’s an multiple #1 iBooks bestseller, along with #1 in Erotic Romance, Romantic Suspense, Contemporary, and Erotica Thriller. With 20 books

Dollar (5 books)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
“A penny for your thoughts, silent one. Perhaps, today you’ll speak.” 13 likes
“You’re worth pennies, but I’ll make you worth fucking millions. However, what I expect in return will be unpayable.” 9 likes