Start by marking “Here's to Falling” as Want to Read:
Here's to Falling

Here's to Falling

Every girl has that one guy…that one guy who steals her heart and never gives it back.

We were all friends…until we weren’t.
We depended on each other…until we couldn’t.
We were in love…until we were ripped apart.
We moved on…even when we didn’t want to let go.

This is our love story.

**This standalone novel contains material that some may find disturbing. Intended for mature re
Published April 19th 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published April 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Here's to Falling, please sign up.

Catarina
4 Second Chance Stars.

I will not say much about this book, because I believe this is one of those stories that you have to discover page by page. Let’s just say that Charlie and Jase met when they were kids. And that was the day the fell in love. But their love wasn’t perfect and wasn’t all roses and cupcakes… like real life rarely is.
This story takes place in the present, when they aren’t currently together, but in takes us on a ride to the past, telling us what happened between them. And w
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon - http://amzn.to/1Dlm3Bs
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/1Hk5onD

When a book starts off with the author telling you that the story was inspired by true events, then you know it's going to be a passionate and emotional ride. I only rate a book 5 stars if it hits me in the gut and this one did, massively.

The blurb is vague, and I think it is vague for a reason. This story is best read blind so my review will contain few details as to the actual story.
_ _ _ _

Charlie Sto
Dilek VT
Joey raised his glass higher. “Here’s to falling…” He leveled his eyes on both of us. “…in love…and to the best example of it that I’ve ever seen...”

HERE’S TO FALLING is a novel inspired by the events that the writer herself has lived through...

The following is the author’s note at the beginning of the novel.

Author’s Note:

It took me over twenty years to get this story out. Little by little, over the years I wrote, trying to get everything down. My readers will probably be able to tell the diffe
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all
Shelves: favs
Here’s the thing, you want to read a book that makes you forget, a book that consumes you, a book that literally rocks your world. This is that book for you. My heart is still on the last page of this book... and i'm not sure if i'm getting it back.

I’m going to be vague in this review as going into this book blind is absolutely the way you need to go. I did. You aren’t going to find many reviews that say much about what happens or who it happens to, you need to experience it, live it!!!

Just kno
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
5 hard Fallen Stars

I have yet to read a book by Christine Zolendz that hasn't rocked me, but for me this was her best...my 2015 favorite...the book that worked in every aspect.

"...one day you'll feel like your world is crashing, spinning out of control, whatever the Hell that is to you, whatever storm that comes, whatever tragedy floods your life....believe me we all get touched by some tragedy in our lives."

There is no exception for 3 young kids...three boys and one girl living to the best of
Roksana
2 Stars because it was apparently inspired by true events! But the execution failed for me!

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING...This review contains a lot of spoilers and swearing words as a reflection of my own frustration and misery with the whole experience of this book! I am not, however, discouraging anyone from reading this book. This is merely my own opinion and I wish the author the best in her writing future.

I finally finished the book, but what it left me was a whole new matter! Let me tell yo
Suzana
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a book!

It's 3 am and I'm in tears ... sad and happy tears ...

and I'm having a massive book hangover ... how will I now go to sleep ...

It took me one siting to read this book ... couldn't put it down ...

Beautiful and heartbreaking story about friendship of three kids, the love of two and the lost of one ...

"Life knocks you down. It's going to, and you just got to turn around and get back up, hold on to me if you have to, but always get back up."

"We were each others FOREVER"

"I won't
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hulya by: Dilek VT

This book was really so beautiful and also it was so sad... uhh I cried like a baby but still it was worth every minute of it. ❤

I wanna thank to my dearest friends Dilek, Halime and Tugba for recommending this book to me. Thank you ladies, I love you all. 😘

Ps. You can read Dilek's amazing review from this link. 🙂
DW
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow... 5 "Oh Snapdragons" stars.

I loved this book so much. I went into this without reading any reviews because.. Hello...Christine Zolendz!! I have loved everything I have read so far!
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Here's to Falling
AUTHOR: Christine Zolendz
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: April 19th 2015
MY RATING: ★★★★★ (I wish there were 10 stars I could give this book)

5 MY BEAUTIFUL ALIEN MONSTER STARS

Gah not far in, it's funnily sweet, the feels, I'm loving this already!!

We were all friends…until we weren’t.
We depended on each other…until we couldn’t.
We were in love…until we were ripped apart.
We moved on…even when we didn’t want to let go.

This book was inspired "By True Events"

Come
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
description

This was a story like nothing I have read before. It was truly a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Christine has this insane ability to make you bawl, then laugh so hard, and then make you want to put the book down and just sob on the floor. And, by the way, I did all of these. I laughed, I cried, and I even had to put the book down and just collect myself at one point.

description

Here's To Falling tells the story and life of Charlotte "Charlie" Stone, and her two best friends, Joey and Jase. I don't want
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~

Originality: 4 stars
Enjoyment: 4 stars
Effect on me: 4 stars

Sophia Triad
I think that's just me. Because the book has many great ratings 4s and 5s.

I was wondering for many cases in this book, if this is really based on true events.
I could not understand the way the characters behave and I could not connect with any of them. To be honest, I was wondering how they connect with each other in the first place.

The book has many triggers which are huge No No for many readers. I don't have many triggers, so I did not really mind this fact. But in case you need to be warned t
Jasmine
”Come on, Charlie, come with me down the rabbit hole,” he squeaked in an unsteady voice.

For starters, this is the best book I’ve read this year so far and it's also one of my top favorite NA novels. The story takes the whole NA genre up a notch and shows me that these books aren’t just about graphic sex scenes but incredibly emotional elements as well. It’s a bit inappropriate to say I enjoy reading the book a lot because of certain reasons and background, but I’m deeply captivated by its p
AJ
“It was you from the beginning … you were my horizon. Everything I could ever see.”

Stunning, emotional and an epically beautiful love story.

5 HUGE STARS

I read this book in one sitting. It’s now 2.30am and I can’t go to bed until I gush a bit because OMG, this book! The feels! Christine Zolendz has done an amazing job with this story – one based on true events which makes it even more meaningful. Both heartbreaking and tearfully beautiful, I absolutely loved it.

When we meet Charlie she is 24 ye
Annie Brewer
Here's
to
Falling.
In love with one of the best books ever.

Holy freaking shit. I'm such a mess. This book...this book is not for the faint of the heart. It deals with so much tragedy and loss and heartbreak and lots of other shit that had me gasping, sobbing, praying for resolution and most of all, falling in love with these incredible characters. Jase, Charlie and Joey will reside in my heart for a very long time. I can barely see what I'm typing so I hope to God it makes sense. If not, well...o
Katie
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5++ CHRISTINE ZOLENDZ FOR PRESIDENT STARS

description

This wasn't the way I wanted my story to go.
So I needed to rewrite it.
Word for word.
Rewritten.
Because I was so young.
So young.
And utterly broken"

Warning: SEVERE language ahead.

Holy shit. Like seriously, holy shit. This book was so beyond amazing.

I absolutely LOVED Brutally Beautiful and Cold-Blooded Beautiful by the same author and wow, this book did NOT disappoint. Christine Zolendz creates the most amazing and yet utterly heartbreaking characters. She
Bindi Boo
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

AMAZING childhood friends to lovers story! Their relationship spans over 15 years(from 9 year olds to 17 year olds, then separated for 7 years, only to meet again at 24)
So gut wrenching and my heart broke so many times for this couple.
Nawal
This was probably one of the most emotional reads for me this year. I loved the author’s style of storytelling, I’m pretty certain it must have been really difficult for her to write this story, some emotional scars developed along the way. This sort of writing commitment just really inspires me as a reader and I salute her for bringing to life such a beautifully written story which required her to really step in to the main characters shoes.

This was a beautiful story about friendship, loss, ove
Michelle [Helen Geek]
04/27/2015 --

Wow. That was tedious.

I read dedications. The dedication in this book gives you and idea that this is the story Ms. Zolendz was born to write. The story that feeds her and is her story. I wish I liked it more than I did.

Here's the deal .. I'm a very straightforward person. Why spend 10 words to say something when 2 will do as well. Why try to paint a picture with words when those words lack feeling. This is what I got out of this book. You could tell she really tried. She tried to w
Judy
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Friends, love, inspired by true events ...... how can you not read this? You must. And you must have tissues available! That is my warning to you!

'I've heard some people say that what you remember is not the whole truth; it's our thoughts of what we wanted things to be remembered as. They believe that we change our memories, that we just fabricate them into pasts that we can live with.
Do I believe that?
No. I believe I remember, every little detail."

This is the story of three friends, that span
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
God damn, I need wine stat after finishing this book. I'm not talking about a glass or a bottle either, I'm talking a big ole five liter box of wine. And maybe throw in some Xanax for good measure. Here's to Falling is one of those epic sagas of childhood friendship turned to love. You know that saying, "I need therapy because of books," or something along those lines? That. Is. This. Book.

I laughed, I cried heaving sobs, I had my heart broken, all of it at the hands of this story. This is beaut
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 28, 2015 marked it as top-tbr
I didn't even realized Christine Zolendz released this. I love her books like crazy mad. I love the really dark and twisted ones..I love that this one comes with a warning. HECK YEAH!

Here's to Falling by Christine Zolendz AMAZON
Damjana
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 stars!

Books based on true experiences always attract me. At the beginning where author wrote it's based on her true story, I was mesmerized into it. At some parts story dragged a little bit, but I understand author wrote it mainly because of herself, reader was not main focus in this story. If you read it carefully, you can notice where she added some parts to make it a "story".
I really appreciate when authors are willing to share their true stories, no matter how painful they are.

Anne OK
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
Took my breath away in so many ways -- what a stunning read! The trio of Joey, Charlie and Jase brought laughter and tears and all those feelings that wrap a book into an all encompassing heart grabber. From childhood into adulthood, love found its way . . . finally.
Envywho
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow.... This story was amazing. Loved every part of it.
Sammy ⭐️
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 If I could give it a million stars

First and foremost WOW!!!!!

OMFG, yes I'm writing it in shouty letters because OMFG, I FLOVED this book so Hard.

Nothing I say or write will express how fantastic this book is. In the hours it took me to read this beautiful masterpiece, I had my heart broken a thousand times. I ugly cried HUGE, I smiled like a kid on Christmas morning, my head was booming by the end and I was once again reminded that life is far too short.

At the very beginning of this book we
Jen
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Within the first few lines of Here's to Falling, I was hooked.

I fell. Hard. Loved it and couldn't put it down.

I love all of Christine Zolendz's books, so when I read the blurb for this one, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. This is a story of three best friends who have an incredible bond. We see them grow together, doing all the crazy things best friends do. Joey, Jase, and Charlie. Inseparable. I loved hearing all about their childhood adventures and watching them go through high school
Irene
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book hangover ALERT!!! What an emotional read this was. It's the story of three close friends Charlotte/Charlie, Joey and Jase. Charlie is a little tomboy and loved nothing better than a good book and to hang out with her good friend Joey. Jase moves In next door to her, he's a real bad boy with a chip on his shoulder the first thing he does is stick his finger up at the two friends. But as time goes on circumstances change leading to some strongly emotional scenes. I can honestly say a couple o ...more
Splage
Wow...mind blowing story. Fabulous story that was fresh and different from beginning to end. I didn't want it to end and I loved the rawness and emotions these characters brought out in me. The epilogue just warmed my whole body. Christine Zolendz you will be on my "must read" list.
Never Too Old For...: Buddy Read: HERE'S TO FALLING by Christine Zolendz 50 42 May 12, 2015 08:42PM
Kindle Lending (T...: Here's to Falling 1 23 Apr 27, 2015 04:45PM

• What Lies Between (Where One Goes, #2)
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • Love Always, Damian (Love Always, #2)
  • Forgotten Promises (Promises, #2)
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • Pieces of Camden
  • Path of Destruction (Broken Heartland, #2)
  • His Heart
  • Wings of a Dove
  • Until Alex
  • Entangled
  • True Love Way
  • Sparrow
  • Pieces of Me
  • Josh & Anna and Gabe & Claire
  • Home is Where You Are (A Home Novel, #1)
  • True (The Story of Us #1)
USA Today bestselling romance author. Mother. Coffee drinker. Unicorn believer. New Yorker.
Books and writing are my escape from reality.
Read Me Free Here:
bit.ly/ChrisZo
“Life knocks you down. It’s going to, and you got to just turn around and get back up, hold on to me if you have to, but always get back up. People will just walk all over you if you leave yourself beaten on the ground.” 12 likes
“Here’s the twist to your story, Charlie. You ready for it?" he growled and nipped at my lower lip. "Breathe me in deep. Hold your breath. I will make you fall in love with me again. Because I sure as shit didn’t think I’d ever see you again, and I sure as shit didn’t think I could fall in love with you again, but I did." His hands gripped me tighter. "Like I was falling from a cliff, Charlie. Then...then…I realized when I hit the ground; I’ve been in love with you this whole time. It never stopped. I’ll never stop. I will never stop, and I will never give up on you." His voice lowered, “It was you from the beginning, the minute you taped that skull and crossbones to your window wearing those baggy jeans, that Nirvana T-shirt, and those God-awful chucks, you were my horizon. Everything I could ever see.” 10 likes