Start by marking “The Beast (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #14)” as Want to Read:
The Beast (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #14)

Read Book

The Beast

(Black Dagger Brotherhood #14)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  22,187 Ratings  ·  2,599 Reviews
Nothing is as it used to be for the Black Dagger Brotherhood. After avoiding war with the Shadows, alliances have shifted and lines have been drawn. The slayers of the Lessening Society are stronger than ever, preying on human weakness to acquire more money, more weapons, more power. But as the Brotherhood readies for an all-out attack on them, one of their own fights a ba ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 508 pages
Published April 5th 2016 by NAL

To ask other readers questions about The Beast, please sign up.
Danielle (Danniegurl) I have a problem with too many POVs, my max is about 4 and that's pushing it. I hate seeing the villains pov, I don't want to know, I want to be…moreI have a problem with too many POVs, my max is about 4 and that's pushing it. I hate seeing the villains pov, I don't want to know, I want to be blindsided like the rest of the characters, it adds drama for me. And honestly when I first read the books I enjoyed them because of the PNR aspect, then I think it was book 2 and I got to the other people (it's been a while what are their names?) I stopped after Q's book. I was dying for it, but it was diminished by the other sub plots. It could have been better, it should have been better, but it wasn't as great as it COULD be if she just tossed out half the POVs. Ugh(less)

Anna

Oh. Hell. Yes. RHAGE !!!! I need this book on my shelf !!!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Just an updated, quickie review....

This is a story that made me laugh out loud, made me sigh, made me cry and made me believe that the WARDen might just have her groove back... though I said that before, only to be gutted by the Shadows.

Seriously, The Beast reminded me more of the original stories than any other recent book, even The King. I'm very optimistic that we might finally be seeing a return to the Brotherhood we fell in love with all those years ago!
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars
Spoiler Free Review

She was all the power in the universe coalesced into a living, breathing thing, the miracle that he had been granted in spite of the fact that he had long been underserving of anything but his curse.

I'm going to be real for a hot second here; the last few releases in this series left me underwhelmed. So much, in fact, that I was about to give up on it entirely. There's been a plethora of secondary characters introduced since Lover at Last and I've been itching for t
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Pet Dragon Stars

photo yas-bitch-gif_zpsydb3hoa4.gif

*Spoilers*

First read 2016
Reread 4/20/2017

“You are both my strength and my weakness, Mary mine. So what do you say? You want to make my whole night? And may I remind you . . . I died in your arms earlier.”-Rhage

I want to give a warning here. Almost all my reviews have some spoilers so I always try to write *spoilers* at the start of them. Some have more spoilers than others and this one is going to be full of spoilers. There is just too much I want to talk about. So DON'T rea
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
To be honest, I wasn't that excited for a second Rhage book, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this one. Rhage and Mary have the majority of the page time and they are super cute and sweet together. Yes, they are going through something, which is putting a little distance between them. Mary works as a therapist a the clinic they have set up to help domestically abused vampire women and their children find shelter. A very badly injured woman was brought in (I believe towards th ...more
Christy
5 stars!!!
It was just a different path.

description
“How on earth did I ever get to end up with you?” she whispered. “I won the lottery.”

“Oh, no, Mary. It’s the other way around. Trust me.”
No one gives you sexy, funny AND the best kind of feels like JR Ward. It’s like she has this perfect formula when writing. Going into this book, I had this feeling it was going to be spectacular… and I wasn’t wrong! Rhage and Mary’s first book (book 2 in the BDB) is my favorite book of the series. I liked the firs
Kristen
4 1/2 Stars

description

I didn't read the whole book, as I quit this series years ago. But Rhage and Mary have always been my favorite couple in the series; so, when I heard they were getting another book, I was excited to get more of them. I only read the parts that featured them, and I have to say, I absolutely loved everything about their continuing love story. ❤ This book reminded me why I use to read this series.
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
3/23/17
Reread in anticipation of the release of The Chosen, I can't wait!! I'm so glad I decided to reread this fantastic book....there is so much I had forgotten, can't wait for more of my favorite vampires!!

Blog Review: http://sweptawaybyromance.com/review-...

*** REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS ***

5 Beautiful Beast Stars!!

Rhage, aka “Hollywood” is the most handsome brother who’s cursed with a Beast. His Mary is the immortal human who owns his heart and soul, together they make the most unlikely
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 04, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
Squeee!!!!! BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD fans!!!
This is the next book in the series!

— "THE BEAST" will focus on Rhage & Mary. —

Releasing Spring 2016!
Sophia Triad
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rhage, Rhage's beast, Mary and (view spoiler)

I definitely cannot give less than 5 stars to a book that I was waiting for months to read and when I finally read it, it was actually very good.

First of all this book is not exactly about the BEAST. This book is mostly about the family ties and the CHILDREN: the unborn children, the born children, the toddlers, the babies, the teenagers. This book is full of emotions about families being happy together and about families coming
description

One of my most anticipated books of the year… and boy, did I have mixed feelings about it.

I’m a die-hard Ward lover and I will always have a soft spot for the Brotherhood and Rhage! Gosh, I love Rhage and Mary and I’m in love with their love and I’m so sad this book didn’t make it for me.

Untagged spoilers. Read at your own risk.

I just can’t help thinking this book is just a filler.

I’ll talk real quick about what I loved of this book because the rant that’s coming. Damn, that’ll be a mess.

Rhage i
10.) Lover Reborn ★★★★
11.) Lover at Last ★★★★★
12.) The King ★★★★★
13.) The Shadows ★★★★★

J.R. Ward is truly the master of book endings.

“Time was too finite; no matter how much of it you had with someone you loved, when the end came, it wasn’t nearly enough.”

Seriously, I was rolling my eyes so h
Alex is The Romance Fox
I have been addicted to this series since I read the 1st book, Dark Lover, in 2011. I have devoured each book and became totally obsessed with the characters.

But...........the last two or three books have been a total disappointment to me. I kept asking myself if I wanted to continue after the disastrous The Shadows..........but I still feel some kind of loyalty to the brothers and their families....and despite my surprise..........why another Rhage book???? Yes, this is one brother that I absol
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I am so late reading this for me. I usually read these when they first come out. I couldn't afford the hardcover, so I was glad that it was at the library and available. I still plan to pick up my copy when I can afford it, but at least I had the trusty loner copy to read. God bless you, Round Rock Public Library!

This book was fantastic. I am an unashamed Black Dagger Brotherhood fan, I would never dissemble about that. I truly enjoy each book in the series. The last book didn't make five stars
Bev
This book right here is why I adore paranormal romance, and Ward brought it with The Beast. It ticked every check box I didn't even know I had.

LOVED it! Rhage has moved to the top of my Brothers list. I adore how he loved his Mary, be still my beating heart 💖💖
Lucy Qhuay
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of the series/author
Recommended to Lucy Qhuay by: J.R.Ward / me, myself & I / my fangirl heart

J.R.Ward never disappoints and 'The Beast' isn't an exception.

I absolutely love the writing and the ever-changing world she created.

There is never a dull moment, since all our beloved characters' lives are never stationary. They're constantly facing new challenges and struggles, as well as going through different new and wonderful things, each in their own way.

You either hate or love them. You either hate or love what is happening to them, and as such, you are never bored.

I must admit Rhage was
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN

That's me right now. I can't even contain my feelings. I got too many. Rhage and Mary were awesome. So beautiful together, dealing with their problems and everything. So understanding and loyal. Life is not easy. There are obstacles to be overcome.

Time was way too finite: no matter how much of it you had with someone you loved, when the end came, it wasn't nearly enough.

I loved the Beast. He's so adorable. Sometimes like this:

and sometimes like this:

We get to see glimpses of everybody's life.
Mahlet
Apr 04, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: pnr, series, vamps, romance
***IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE SHADOWS, THEN THIS DISCUSSION OF TODAY’S Q&A AT THE SHADOWS SIGNING, with deets about The Beast and the series in general, WILL SPOIL YOU***

Always a great time at the Ward signings; today was no exception. I attending with Liza of Blogging by Liza and we did our best to live-tweet, take notes and correct each other where we could. It was especially difficult to hear this time around because the audience members weren’t passing around a mic during Q&A, so we’d
warhawke
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vamp lovers
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Type: Book 13 of Black Dagger Brotherhood series
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Rhage's love for his shellan Mary had no boundary. When he had to face his mortality head on he was forced to reassess his life. As things changed around them, he started to feel the emptiness creeping in. But what he wanted could either strengthen them or break them.

But that was what happened when a warrior lost his fight—he was nothing more than a gun dropped from a shooting hand, a dagger let l
P
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Rhage! You have a dragon! A pet dragon! I got to rub his tummy!”

10+ stars ! It'll be my first five stars review of this year, if I cut all of the rereads out.

I do want to keep this review simple, but I can't. This book deserves a long one and these five freaking stars. The Beast is far beyond awesomeness. Frankly, I had been worried since the moment I saw the title. I was in fear for this couple, as you knew, their issues were big and the weight would crush you terribly if the way out wasn'
Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Rhage and Mary are the central focus of the story with a few other secondary plots. Their's is sweet, heartwarming and uplifting, sorely needed after the last depressing saga.

I was hoping to see Assail reappear and he makes a heroic comeback here. He was so deeply mired in the muck I worried that redemption would be elusive. Hope springs eternal after this story. Layla's pregnancy provided some tense moments and her relationship with Xcor continues unresolved
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

I was really thrilled to get another story about Rhage and Mary. Their first story was...tough and I wanted to read about them just being happy and I'm glad J.R.W. gave us that.

However, after a crazy start things were a bit mundane and all the infamous POVs started to take over. I implore you to muddle through it because the last twenty-five percent will rock your socks!!

description

Likes:

• Rhage and his Mary!

• Rhage, Mary and Bitty...ice cream, TGI Fridays, GTOs and The Beast!

• "Little Mermaid
Maria Clara
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: j-r-ward
Me ha gustado bastante, lo único que es un libro de transición, pues apenas pasa nada importante... Salvo lo que ya sabemos de Ward y su amor por recuperar parientes perdidos.
Sammy Loves Books
Hell Yeah!! I Love Myself some Rhage!!

d

I'm just afraid to have high hopes after the debacle of The Shadows!!
Lo Bookfrantic
4.5stars

I love the BDB world just want to live there haha 🙄😆😍😍😍

F(BR) with War... I have been collecting the hardcovers and honestly I am having trouble finding the first books is driving me insane lol

Time to continue with my babies BDB I miss them so damn much and I might be half into that wine bottle too ... whatever LOL

crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“I tried to kill myself last night. And I have no idea why.”
- Rhage

* * *
“Sometimes emotions were too much for even the most logical of fighters.”
- V

* * *
“Life didn’t have to be perfect … for true love to exist in it.”
- Mary

* * *
“He was reminding her that the future was unknown and unknowable.
So if you had the chance … even if there was no music and no ballgown, no tuxedo or gala … when your true love asked you to dance?
It was important to say yes.”
(Mary)

* * *
“Yes, indeed, miracles most certai
Beverly
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book, it seriously hit all the feels and had me absolutely falling in love. I am still a Zadist girl, but Rhage was the first brother having me questioning who my fav guy was/is. This guy and his bond with Mary had me falling so in love with these stories all over again.

If you follow the series you know Mary and Rhage can’t have kids and with all the brother’s moving on and starting families he begins to want them, but not more than he wants his Mary. Bitty, becomes and orphan and things ju
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
5 HOLLYWOOD IS BAAAACK stars!

I am emotionally not ready to review this book.

Black Dagger Brotherhood fans know the struggle. We get 1 book a year and it's so intense, these are huge books, 500+ pages each and yet I read this in one day, while I did a bunch of other stuff including work. IN. A. DAY. I'm a fast reader, experience and all, but when it comes to the BDB books I set a new record each time. I literally read this in a day and it was the most amazing reading experience.

It always amazes m
Sh3llraiser (grumpybookgrrrl)
OMG I LOVE RHAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*drool*

• Sweet Ruin (Immortals After Dark, #16)
  • The Darkest Torment (Lords of the Underworld #12)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • Defy the Dawn (Midnight Breed, #14)
  • Revenant (Lords of Deliverance, #6; Demonica, #12)
  • Dragonmark
  • How to be a Scottish Mistress
  • Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races, #8)
  • Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3)
  • One With the Shadows (Companion, #5)
  • White Tiger (Shifters Unbound, #8)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

Black Dagger Brotherhood (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)
  • Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
“Rhage! You have a dragon! A pet dragon! I got to rub his tummy!” 48 likes
“The guy didn’t have resting bitch face so much as resting I’m-going-to-kill-someone-and-light-their-house-on-fire face.” 20 likes