Start by marking “The O'Reilly Factor for Kids: A Survival Guide for America's Families” as Want to Read:
The O'Reilly Factor for Kids: A Survival Guide for America's Families

The O'Reilly Factor for Kids: A Survival Guide for America's Families

The bestselling author ofThe O'Reilly Factor, The No Spin Zone, and Who's Looking Out for You? talks straight to kids this time. He is as demanding, direct, and wry asever—but he's also more revealing too, sharing candid snapshots of his own childhood throughout.

Bill O'Reilly, a former schoolteacher, now an award-winning broadcast news journalist, husband, and father of
Published September 20th 2005 by Harper Paperbacks (first published September 28th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The O'Reilly Factor for Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The O'Reilly Factor for Kids

Start your review of The O'Reilly Factor for Kids: A Survival Guide for America's Families
Max Hartman
Jul 04, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: Yes.
I learned a lot. I learned to think for myself, especially if O'Reilly approves of my thoughts. I learned that there are 2 kinds of kids: good kids, and gay kids.

P.S.

I learned all of this and I only read the front and back cover.
Dave
Oh, I haven't read this, I just wanted to see if I could give zero stars to a book targeting children that was written by a creepy old man. Apparently I can. Wheee!
Rami
Jan 12, 2008 rated it did not like it
The only thing I will probably ever agree with this guy on is his encouragement of teen reading. I hope they read books other than his though.
Ashley Plushnik
Jun 26, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
I thought the whole book was BS, my parents made me read it. I learned a lot about what I disagree with...
Cody
Apr 12, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a good book, but it was a let down compared to the first book I read.
Cassi Ayes
Jan 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone.
Recommended to Cassi by: my neighbor
This book, in short, has saved my life. I got this book when I needed it most. It concisely explains how to deal with boneheads in the world, and how to go about life in an orderly way, while maintaining your individuality. This book taught me how to deal with my little brother, my bonehead teachers, and most of the other screwed-up adults in my world. This book I definitely recommend to anyone who needs a concise, defined guide on how to improve your way of thinking. This book is more than just ...more
Stephen
Oct 14, 2009 rated it did not like it
Was this the one that came out the same month as his sex scandal with a female employee?

God, save your money and go find the transcripts of his sexy talk online for free -- at least those are worth a laugh! Warning: If you do read the transcript you might not be able to make hand party (as Borat would say) for a few weeks just thinking about this doughy dude talking about getting it on with the ladies.
Justin
Finally! Indoctrination for kids. Get em while they're young Bill!
Joseph Young
Mar 12, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: discerning younger teenagers, or parents needing help
Listened to the audio cds. Mildly interesting, and not as bad as I thought it would be. He has a mostly reasonable opinion; about 85% of things he says everyone agrees with, but he does tend to sneak in the odd thing as if it were common knowledge. Warning. Excessive use of retarded acronyms.

With the popularity of O'Reilly bashing at all time highs, I admittely prejudged him too harshly. On the whole he seems to be the stereotypical conservative father figure. He comes off as not just your
Coral
Jul 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Reading before giving to Wesley as a gift. This book is written for teenagers and pre-teens. It is NOT political nor slanted other than toward good citizenship and honesty in all things. Well worth the read even for adults.
Caindawg
Jan 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
O'Reilly tells is straight! No Spin Zoooone!
Aj
Jul 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book so far. It has a lot of great advice and has great information. I would suggest this book to every kid I know. I think that it can be a helpful tool.
Tag
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
NOT A BOOK FOR KIDS!!!! Overall, the book has some great topics. Beware of the sex chapter! Secular view on abstinence.
I like Bill O'Reilly, and much of his stuff is good. This one though came with some disappointments and few topics I didn't want my children to hear from anyone one else but me. For the kids/teens out there whose parents aren't involved in their lives....this book would be beneficial for them. The wording on the front cover is deceiving. Its NOT for kids, and it isn't for my
Jun 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
this is very good.. i've read it three or four times at least!
Carrie
Jun 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A must read for all middle school age children. Filled with humorous anecdotes and plain truth common sense, something that "government" schools do not incorporate in their academic schemes.
Krystal Hansen
Nov 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
relaly good book that I will pass on to the kids when they get a little bit older
Megan
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've been wanting to read this for a while, since I am a fan of Bill O'reilly. Now, I know that many of you hate this man and his political opinions, so you automatically dismiss the idea of reading this book, or just give it 1 star without reading it.

First of all, he's not shoving opinions at you. In fact, he encourages kids to form their own. He tells of his life experiences and how he dealt with problems teens often face; drugs, bullying, self-esteem, etc. It's very informative. Although does
Erica
Jan 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is not written for kids, this is some sort of masturbation piece. He spends most of it talking about how amazingly amazing he is, and the rest giving overly broad, inane advice.

That said, the advice isn't bad, just tepid. And occasionally moronic. I don't know why he thought being a talk show host made him a credible source of general life advice.
Here are some of the lines I laughed so hard at I had to write them down.

“What does an adult know? Well, I have a career that’s lots of fun and
Michelle
Jan 15, 2009 rated it liked it
I did enjoy reading this book because like the other book of his I read, it is an easy read and I could really hear his voice in the book. The topics in the book are definately things parents should speak to their children about, but I plan on talking to my children about these things instead of having O'Reilly be their source of information. But for children who do not have involved parents, this could be a good book for them.
Tami
Apr 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tami by: Nancy Spencer
Bill O/Reilly did a pretty good job in writing this book. I enjoyed reading it. I don't know how easy it will be to get each of my children to read a book about growing up. My plan is to present one book for them to read and I will choose the Sean Covey one entitled "The 6 Most Important Decisions." These two books talk about many of the same things, I just like the Covey one because it is Gospel Centered.
Zach
Jul 28, 2010 added it
finally, someone speaks the truth...
Olivia
Jan 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Had some good advice but it wasn't that great.
Karen
May 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I would recommend this book to teens, young adults as well as regular adults. Straight talking and entertaining as well.
Nathan ingraham
I've read this book about 5 times Just talks about peer pressuer mianly its a good book and I own it.
Caitlin
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm actually rather impressed by this. My grandmother gave this to me years ago, back when O'Reilly was a staple in our house, but I never got around to reading it until now. He gives pretty solid advice, I particularly like his chapter on bullying. He pats himself on the back a bit more than necessary at times and some of his references are a bit dated but other than that I can get behind what he talks about. I recommend reading this with an open mind and not with the bias that comes from his ...more
Erika
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 stars! More like "The O'Reilly Factor for Teens".

Good, honest information about many questions teens have about things in life. Bill O'Reilly gives his insight about problems teens deal with today, along with personal stories about things he faced when he was a teen. Recommended to all ages, young and old!
Peter Fabre
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
I thought would rant when when i had finished the book. I won't. It wasn't as bad as the practical-christmas-gift-joke hoped it would be. I have read worse books. i have also seen worse books littering the philosophy section. Most of what O'Reilly says makes sense. Upon occasion asserting something weird or banal but compared to what i expected, the book won't lead readers too far astray.

I do take issue with the ego massaging, penis-waving he does. You can tell he really likes himself, is proud
Dwight
Feb 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Full disclosure; I'm of a rather liberal slant. I picked this up at a used booksale as a novelty, wondering what kind of poison Mr. O'Reilly might be putting into our childrens' minds. But I was pleasantly surprised. Targeted at teenagers and adolescents, it actually gives sound advice about growing up and the maturation process. For the most part (and excluding one chapter), the author generally avoids political discourse. If I had a teenager or adolescent, I would not be ashamed to have ...more
Nathan
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I think this book amazingly solves mostly all problems teens and kids are faced with in there not so easy life. From everyday problems(peer pressure)to dealing with your personal lives(work,money,ect.)He an Charles Flowers did a fantastic job on this book. It helped me with my problems and I know it will help you. It now even includes a chapter on "cyber bullying", a commonly faced problem especially now that every house has Enternet. It's not a perfect world these day wich stirs up many,many ...more
Amber Penney
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing book. I loved reading about other people's problems, because every once and a while I was having the same problems as some other the other teenagers in America were experiencing. I can't wait to be able to hand it down to both of my brothers when they get to be in their teen yars. This book helps teenagers get a new persective on what they consider their "true freinds", school, drugs, and life all around. HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!

• A Family Apart (Orphan Train Adventures, #1)
  • Our American King
  • Dwarf Hamsters
  • Flying Saucers - Here and Now!
  • Baby Talk: A Guide to Using Basic Sign Language to Communicate with Your Baby
  • Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
  • A Wonder-Book for Girls and Boys
  • World War II
  • The Librarians and the Pot of Gold (The Librarians, #3)
  • The Librarians and the Lost Lamp (The Librarians, #1)
  • The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase (The Librarians, #2)
  • Survival in Auschwitz
  • The Reader
  • Maus II: A Survivor's Tale: And Here My Troubles Began (Maus, #2)
Bill O'Reilly's success in broadcasting and publishing is unmatched. The iconic anchor of The O'Reilly Factor led the program to the status of the highest rated cable news broadcast in the nation for sixteen consecutive years. His website BillOReilly.com is followed by millions all over the world.

In addition, he has authored an astonishing 12 number one ranked non-fiction books including the