Start by marking “The Way Back To Me (The Way #1)” as Want to Read:
The Way Back To Me (The Way #1)

The Way Back To Me (The Way #1)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  1,825 Ratings  ·  212 Reviews
She used to be perky, fun, and full of life—everything I hated about girls and their bullshit exterior. People called her bubbly; I called her “fake-as-hell.”

The edgy, dark, lonely girl in front of me was not the Olivia Brennan I knew from high school—far from it, actually. I knew the story—the whole town knew the story, we witnessed it all. It happened in the blink of an
240 pages
Published February 23rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Way Back To Me, please sign up.

Anne Mercier
Absolutely, there is a sequel in the works right now. It's titled The Way With You and it's coming!!! More Cam and Liv goodness!

Olga therebelreader

The Way Back To Me is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of friendship, and the choices we all make. Multiple times whilst reading this baby, tears welled up in my eyes at the beauty of Ms. Mercier’s writing. Without giving too much away, she makes all characters in this story extremely real.

Olivia was involved in a tragic car accident. The other passengers were pronounced dead at the scene and Olivia was the only survivor in that frightening event.
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Can't rate it higher due to the events in the second book.

Sounds petty? Well, it is.

But I've thought about it and sad to say that this book is tainted for me. In fact, I don't really understand why the author spent so much time building up Cameron in this book when...oh well, you just have to read my review for the second book because that one was a doozy.
Michelle
 photo 5271240546e13452f74cab67451ba9_zpsqkqkzwci.gif

The blurb of The Way Back To Me by Anne Mercier sounded something that I would possibly love since I am a big fan on books that focuses on second chances and finding oneself. But unfortunately, this book was just okay. Nothing really stood out for me since I found it a little repetitive and couldn't connect to the heroine. I felt the heroine's pain for her loss but she just didn't draw me in emotionally to feel her despair. I know I am in the minority in my review since others found this book t
Shari Kay
Aug 18, 2017 marked it as skip-it  ·  review of another edition
I cannot stand when (view spoiler) I'm out.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... <--book 2
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kelly, arcs, 2016-reads
As I'm sitting here writing this review, I'm finding it extremely difficult to come up with the precise words to describe The Way Back To Me. To say I enjoyed this book, would be a complete understatement. This book stripped me bare, and devastatingly ripped me apart. It left me exposed to the numbing realization that not all love stories are hearts and flowers. Some are filled with pain. Some drip with despair, and anger. And others can leave you with more questions than answers.

Olivia Brennan
Anne OK
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
At best a mediocre college romance full of drama told from both the male and female leads point of view. In a heartbreaking story, Olivia is scarred physically and mentally as she embarks on her first year of college and a new beginning. It’s a shock when she finds her roommate is an old acquaintance from her hometown – and the sister of the guy who bullied Olivia all through high school. Of course, it won’t be much of a surprise to find that Cam, who is the roomie’s older brother and the campus ...more
Rohina
5 Stars!

description I am alone. I'm still feeling. This is unacceptable."

As I am sitting here and writing this review, I can't put it in words and tell you how much Anne Mercier has come far in her books, in her characters, in her storyline and definitely in her writing.

The Way Back To Me was something that I hadn't expected. To say I enjoyed this book would be an understatement of the year. I LOVED this book so much! This book kept me in its clutches from the dedication! I just... I never expected
Jan
Fabulous five, I've got you kitten stars

A beautiful college romance with just enough angst and drama, banter, hotness and to top it off a swoon worthy bbf called Cam.

One of Anne's best writing yet, although I also loved The falling down rockstar series this was in a class of its own. Loved it.

Loved all the extended characters too and looking forward to reading more about them.

Your pulled straight into the heartache of the story as Olivia struggles with the grief and heartache the night she loses
Kimothy
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is filled with so many emotions. I have to say i think it is my new fave book by Anne, i feel like you can see where her writing has progressed from the very first story she wrote, to this one. This book is very different to other stories Anne has released so far, i found it chocked full of highs and lows of emotions. From love and laughter to pain and sadness. Olivia is quite a complex character you think you know all she has been through and yet there is so much more. Cam hit me as q ...more
Laura  Redmon
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book in one sitting. No surprise there, it is by Author Anne Mercier, one bada$$ chic.

The way back to me was such a beautiful, dark, sad, and at time funny story. First chapter? I cried. There were several more cry sessions, but it is so so worth it.

This has a little bit of everything in it... Enemy's turn lovers, death, depression, pain, new friends, old friends, romance, love, and it goes on.

This is absolutely the best New Adult book of 2016. I can't wait for book 2 in the seri
[michele]
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Mediocre writing. Books that are heavy on the dialogue just do not work for me, especially when that dialogue is flat and mediocre.
Dani
An emotional ride, a beautiful story, and heart warming characters!

I read a lot of books, but only once in a while a story grips me. It takes hold and suddenly I am immersed in this world that I never want to leave. That’s what happened with The Way Back to Me. From the characters, to the heart wrenching story, to the ending. I was on a whirlwind of emotion, being tugged back and forth, but never once did I want to put this book down.

Olivia has suffered a devastating loss. Her transition from a

L.J (Lisa Jane)
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW - I didn't really expect that but am so glad I got it :)

Olivia Brennan is no one to mess with. She is tough as nails and cold as stone but there's a reason for that...a heart breaking one that changed her life forever and the person she was and is.
Through out this book Olivia refers to her friends through her own eyes and it makes us connect with them on a level where we also feel like we knew them. The characters in this book are so well developed and true to life and the story so descripti
Christine
Manda Wathey
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think this deserves more than 5 stars just on tissue usage alone. As an avid reader of Annes books, I have seen them getting better and better but TWBTM is in a class all of it's own!
The beginning makes your heart hurt for Liv and you don't think it's going to get any better for her as such a sudden hearbreaking loss of not just Danny, but all her best friends from being children, would send anyone onto a downward spiral of doom and gloom. Tissues were never far away from me while reading th
Lau
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Me encantó éste libro, aunque algunas veces se puso muy cursi, me sacó un par de lágrimas y me hizo reír para balancearlo.
Liv y Cam son super lindos y cada uno tiene su propia carga, amo como van tratando de averiguar que hacer.
Creo que el libro pudo ser más largo y desarrollarse mejor, pero eso no le quita sus mérito.
Y ese final..what? Alice? Necesito el dos para saber que nuevo drama sigue :)

Todos queremos que alguien nos espere con una sombrilla, para salvarnos de la lluvia <3

Michelle Barclay
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely loved this book, but I hated the Epilogue! Why do that to me just when I think they have a happy ending! Now I'm ready for book 2. So please hurry up! I love Cam and Olivia so please do not ruin this for me.
Kahea
***First reaction*** So, I read the sample last night, got sucked in, slept on it and then decided to buy it this morning...that was a good four hours ago and now I’m sitting here, pretending I didn’t all teary and shit while devouring the book (Thank God for waterproof eyeliner and the fact I don’t wear mascara on my bottom lashes anymore) and grinning like a fool at that ending.

***FULL REVIEW***

I didn’t expect this book to grab me by the throat and toss me down the rabbit hole the way that it
Jaime
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down once I started it.

Olivia faces unimaginable tragedy in the beginning of the story, one that haunts her through the pages until almost the end, where we learn the full details of what happened the night that changed her life. Her character is so strong, stronger than she gives herself credit for, but she struggles as little more than a shell of her former self. It takes Cameron, her roommate's brother and Olivia's childhood bully, to bring her back to herself and mak
Beth
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

This story captured my attention from the beginning and I couldn't put it down until the end, even after I found out it ends on a small cliffhanger (yes I skipped to the end, I often do). I was so annoyed when I saw how it ended I'm not a huge fan of having a story continue over several books because it just means so much more drama, so I hope that if Olivia and Cameron get another book it will be a novella or at the most only one more book before we see a happy ending (even if it is only
Ashley Dunham
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for a Honest Review.  I absolutely love  The Way Back to me .
I Love Olivia and Cameron story.  I like how Olivia was starting to realize that even though she is grieving over the lost of her friends  she needing to put her life back on track.
I love  how Cameron was there to help Olivia with the hard times. I felt a connection with Olivia and Cameron. I love how you could tell that Olivia and Cameron had this connection with each other but they both didn't want to admit it. I
Oumy
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Freaking Beautiful !!! A stellar 5 stars read :D

I loved this story of loss, pain, forgiveness and love.
Olivia was an amzing h that dealt with her loss the only way she knew how. Cameron was a perfect H who knew her too well to let her fall in the abyss of darkness and brought her back to light the only way he could.... By pissing her off !!

Loved all the secondary characters and hope I get Seb, Lex or Brax's story. I loved them the most ! Actually I loved them all. Seth was awesome too :D

I sniffe
Tera Chastain  (Co-Creator of The Book Bistro)
4.5 Stars
This was a good read...Olivia has been through so much these past few months ...it was "heavy" where it needed to be and light when it called for it ...this book was a good balance of the two...Cameron was not so easy to like ...once he was enter acting with Olivia ...but that changed quickly ...he became everything you want in a leading man ...

~~"There's a fine line between love and hate and an even thinner one when it comes to desire."~~

I felt for Liv so much ...I can't imagine go
Kelly Anne  O'Connor
As this is my first book by Anne I really didn't know what to except, I loved the cover but blurb had me intrigued. The first few chapters were so emotionally charged i just knew this book was going to be a winner. It has angst a plenty and that ending had me begging for a few more chapters. Really glad I decided to read this awesome book !
Tangerine

DNF @ 35%

I was really liking Olivia. It was just everything else that wasn't working. The storyline up to this point is just a whole bunch of different storylines from other books thrown into one book. The writing, in my opinion, was just mediocre. Maybe it got better after I stopped. Sadly, I'll never know. The bright spot was Olivia. I really did like her. Just not enough to carry on.
Loretta Norsworthy
Wow

Once again anne Mercier you have done an unbelievable job .i cried I laughed cried again . It was awesome thank you again for a great book
Dicksy Presley
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! The tears...the feels and wtf?!? Yea...I freakin love this book hard!!!
Clare
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liked this book. Thought Cameron was a dick but he turned out good in the end and then the ending was a nice wee twist chucked in there
Reading Tigress: Review - The Way Back To Me 1 1 Jul 16, 2016 09:49PM
  • Working Girl
  • Out of Focus (Chosen Paths, #3)
  • The Hard Way
  • Summer Girl
  • Calling It (Calling It, #1)
  • Stars (Penmore #1)
  • Black Diamond (Stark Springs Academy #1)
  • Bayward Street
  • Normal (Something More, #1)
  • Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1)
  • Always with You (With You, #3)
  • Daring Attraction
  • Chasing Butterflies (Chasing Butterflies, #1)
  • Thin Lies (Donati Bloodlines, #1)
  • The Consequence of Rejection (Consequence, #4)
  • Unmistakable
  • Myles (Carter Brothers, #3)
  • Pulled Within (Bar Harbor, #2)
I was born and raised in Wisconsin.

I’m an avid reader who gets inspired by reading the stories from my favorite authors as well as listening to various types of music. I am a huge fan of music, chocolate, fruit, desserts, autumn, M. Shadows, Avenged Sevenfold, and Milo Ventimiglia. Through my books, I am proudly creating new Avenged Sevenfold and Milo Ventimiglia fans one reader at a time.

“The bes
More about Anne Mercier...

The Way (5 books)
  • The Way With You
  • The Way It Goes(The Way #3)
  • The Way I Want(The Way #4)
  • The Way I Am (The Way #5)