Start by marking “The Outlaw River Wilde” as Want to Read:
The Outlaw River Wilde

Read Book

The Outlaw River Wilde

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Who of us, at one time or another, hasn't wondered if we are alone in the universe? Mitch Wilde never had until a failed attempt at pulling an arrow out of his best friend Jack’s shoulder began a string of strange and unexpected events in the small Pacific Northwest Town of Outlaw River.

Mitch is challenged in ways he never dreamed when Native Americans start vanishing thro
ebook, second, 316 pages
Published October 24th 2017 by Mike Walters (first published March 24th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Outlaw River Wilde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Outlaw River Wilde

R.S. Carter
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a science-fiction series. Instead of cowboys and Indians, we have aliens and Indians. And they're on the same team - at least we think. Not quite sure what's going on by the end of this book!
Carissa Lynch
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ancient Aliens!!! Wow, this book was fantastic. Great writing, a killer plot, and mysterious twists I loved! Wonderful!
Cold  Coffee
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Outlaw River, a small town in the Pacific Northwest’s Outlaw River Valley. This community is no different from most small American towns that depend a fair amount of tourist trade. Outlaw River is a community of 1800, comprised of farmers, ranchers, loggers and hunters. Like most rural communities, everyone knows and looks out for their neighbors, attends annual events and go to bed at night without locking their doors.

While biking the river trail, Mitch Wilde loses control and falls when someth
Barbara
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways, 2017
3.5/5. I received a free copy of this book from the Goodreads giveaway.

"The Outlaw River Wilde" is the first book in the Outlaw River series. Set in the small town of Outlaw River, the story centres around Mitch Wilde, a middle aged freelance photographer. Happily married to his beautiful wife, Mabey, Mitch is hosting an annual barbecue when his best friend is mysteriously hit by what appears to be a disappearing arrow. Strange things continue happening, and Mitch works to decode these events wi
James S.
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book by this new author and cannot wait to read more from him. For me, it’s simple: a good book makes you want to keep turning pages. Outlaw River Wilde easily falls into this category. The pace is just right and the characters are wonderful. It was a fun read and the start of a great sci-fi series. It reminded me of an M. Night Shyamalan movie (the better ones: Unbreakable, The Sixth Sense, Signs). As you progress through the story, little mysteries and suspenseful mom ...more
Rebecca Skane
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it

Very cool premise. American Indians around the area are ... disappearing. Strange, glowing arrows are flying. People are changing. And the government is trying to keep it quiet. Full review to come. The Outlaw River Wilde Book Review
James Radford
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is an exciting page turner! I stayed up late several nights reading this book....wanting to read more. And I did not want the story to end. Looking forward to the next installment.

Mike is a talented writer and he beautifully brings his various characters to life. I was absolutely entertained. I cared about the people. I cared about the story. All I can say is, "Wow!"

I will recommend this book to all my friends who enjoy action and adventure.
Great job, Mike.
Annastew1144hotmail.com
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love the sub title - SOMETIMES A MAN NEEDS TO JOURNAL- it really captures the style of writing here. I love SF and always on the look out for anything new, especially anything that feels grounded and The Outlaw River Wilde does. By this I mean that it feels like real people forced to face the extraordinary . The author takes this promise and makes it feel real and this makes for a really enjoyable read.
Monica
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A little different from the Science Fiction I usually read and I think this is what made it a good read. I particularly enjoyed the blend of mystery and suspense which kept the ending from being transparent and held my intrigue to very end. In terms of style I think the author has a refreshing and original style which is accessible and allows the reader to really visualize the characters and the setting in which they are placed. I hope there will be another book in this series!
Peter
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I like my Science Fiction a little off beat and I think this is an apt description for The Outlaw River Wilde. It has an original plot with the alien contact theme but remains grounded with excessive techno mumbo jumbo so that the characters carry the narrative. There is plenty of action from the start which garners the reader’s interest and the pace keeps up all the way through. Overall I thought it was a strong read and would definitely recommend it.
R.B. Anderson
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it
The idea of not being alone in the universe immediately got my attention. Though I felt the read was a little slow, I kept waiting for something exciting to happen. When the story started to move I felt the characters reaction to the situations was out of context, then the story returned to an ordinary life in a small community. The story waited for the end of the book to excite the reader with hinted alien contact followed by to be continued. I wish Mike the best with his sequel.
Julie Witte
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, omg
I recieved this book through GoodReads First Reads. Wow, Indians and Aliens! Nuff said, you HAVE to check this book out...I could not put this down. What a let down to read the last page, I NEED to know how this story ends! I am familiar with the area, which made this even more interesting. I keep seeing a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, I have Mike Walters to thank for that! A great read.
Lorraine Carter
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a little different from the more 'techy' SF I would usually read but the change was worth it. The plot was well developed with a depth to the authors writing that really captures the backdrops and characters really well. I could imagine it all very clearly. As far as the plot went it was both convincing and intriguing.
Joe Pranaitis
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Outlaw River Wild tells the tale of a small town under attack by what can only be described as an alien invasion but a slow one and that has caught the attention of two men, one older who knows about and has evidence going back to the 1980's while the other is experiencing things that he would've never believed. This is a captivating book which I highly recommend to everyone!
Simon
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Outlaw River Wilde doesn't suffer the tedium of weighty techno jargon or a highly confuted plot. The SF element is well integrated into the plot with a character driven narrative that lends itself well to the plot as it unfolds. I particularly like the style of writing and chapter construct which I think lends itself to the possibility of a TV series.
Kme_17
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this as a first read. This was an exciting read. A good science fiction read. Definitely a twist on the alien genre. Will read the second book.
M.
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-reads
Great story, not my usual genre but I really enjoyed this series.
Bee Pierce
Jun 10, 2015 marked it as to-read
I liked it.
Very interesting
Jammin Jenny
I received this book through a Goodreads Giveaway. Overall, I liked the story and the characters. I didn't like the way it ended though with a to be continued...I like series books but I like when there is closure at the end of each book.
Karen Forsyth
Oct 16, 2015 rated it liked it
The Outlaw River Wild by Mike Walters, is a fun and enjoyable book with a strange mixture of characters . The book leaves you wondering what will happen next,and looking foward to reading the continuing story in the next book.!
I won this book through Goodreads and a copy was sent to my the author. Thank you for the chance to read and review this book.
Diane
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable book, it has a little of the X Files vibe about it. It is very much character driven with the contact events gaining more momentum as the story progresses. I like this because I had to keep speculating as to what was really happening and the author isn't quick to give you the answers. Lots of suspense and good writing.
Deborah
Jun 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Michaela
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A really good book. It is well written and a real page-turner. I can hardly wait to read the next book in order to know how the story continues.

I won this book through a Goodreads Giveaway.
Kulvir
Aug 16, 2016 added it
good
nigel stack
rated it it was ok
George Truesdale
Jun 24, 2016
Beverly
Jul 22, 2017
Around the Year i...: The Outlaw River Wilde, by Mike Walters 1 8 Aug 24, 2017 02:11AM
Goodreads Librari...: Combine 1 12 Apr 08, 2015 12:44PM
  • The Other Earth
  • Chase You To The Sun (Stardust Erotic Romance Series #3)
  • The Healer's Kiss (Forced to Serve, #4)
  • The Keeping (Sa Tskir Brothers Chronicles, #2)
  • Kingdom Come
  • Dark Expanse (Bright Beyond, #0.5)
  • In the Devil's Nebula (The Phoenix Adventures, #2)
  • IceFlight (Iron Alter Trilogy, #1)
  • A Hero's Welcome (Heroes at Heart #1)
  • Girl Gone Nova (Project Enterprise, #2)
  • The Jungle (Seas of Venus, #2)
  • Project Aura (Psychic Warrior, #2)
  • Femme Metal (Femme Metal, #1)
  • Wit Awakening
  • Release By Treaty (Qui Treaty Collection, #1)
  • Abducted Part 1: Through the Looking Glass (Alien Mate Index, #0.5)
  • The Cartel: The Apprentice, Volume 1  (The Twelve Systems Chronicles, #1)
  • Take Me
In 1949 five individuals spotted an unidentified flying object hovering over the Rogue River near Gold Beach, Oregon. The Air Force sent a team to investigate and were unable to repudiate the eyewitness claims. The event, known as The Rogue River Incident - Case X, remains unexplained. Decades later, in the small Oregon town of Rogue River which borders the wild and scenic river of the same name, ...more