Start by marking “City Beautiful” as Want to Read:
City Beautiful

City Beautiful

Patrick Thompson is all city, all the time. A young doctor, once full of passion, now disillusioned by the practice, he sets off across the country, intent on a small breather before a fresh start.

Ivy Lang loves the country way. So much so that she’s created a place where others can experience her ideas of the fundamentals for both mind and body. The life is perfect for he
Published (first published June 26th 2015)

Talltree
Oct 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Anne OK
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
Short and sweet -- and oh so much more! Patrick and Ivy truly made me swoon, oooh, and aah! C.M. Foss has written a beautiful gem with a creative and immensely enjoyable love story to be treasured. Its simplicity and complexity meshed into a deeply meaningful relationship, along with some very happy and fun-to-read dialogue. The story setting was new and refreshing and made everything about this one extra-special.

I highly recommend City Beautiful for a wonderful feel good reading pleasure.
C.M. Foss
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
B.N. Toler
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dude. This was such a feel good story. Then it rips your heart out. Then it makes you feel good again. I snorted while laughing which I only do when I'm laughing too hard. C.M. Foss has such a gift for making her characters feel so real and relatable. The way she describes scenery makes you feel like you're there, looking right at it. I loved the earthy feel to this book, the wholesomeness of it and the way two people from two different worlds can collide and find something truly amazing.
I high
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book. OH MY GOODNESS. THIS BOOK. It literally made my heart swoon, then broke it all to little pieces, and then slowly put it back together again.

After having endured a hard life, Ivy is finally where she wants to be. She is running an inn, living on her land and animals, and content as can be. Until one night…

“And what else could one night be?”
“One night?” She cocked her head at me. “One night could change everything.”

And that one night sure did change everything for both her and Patrick.
NMmomof4
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: I'm not sure why, but I kept putting this one off. I know we're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I think that might've been it. I understand the reasoning for the image now, but it made it look kind of boring to be honest. With how many books I read, a cover will make me look at a synopsis or not. I was close to passing this by, but I'm glad I didn't. This book has some hard times, so I wouldn't say it was all sweet...but the book had a feel good feeling to
Three Chicks
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review by Natasha Gentile

I have to say this was my very first time reading this author, so I didn’t know what I would be getting.  If it is anything like her Facebook page, you know there would be plenty of laughs and goats (the author lives on a farm and has plenty of goat sightings for us) What I will say now is that I will pick up anything that she writes from now on.

The story begins with Ivy Lang; a beautiful city girl on the verge of losing the only last relative she has alive.  She is now
Mary
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
City Beautiful is a mesmerising story and I can honestly say that I didn't want it to end.
Ivy has made a beautiful life for herself in the country away from the hustle and bustle of towns, but by doing so she has also isolated herself from meeting anyone and settling down! Although with her natural beauty she isn't short of admirers, she just isn't interested in any of them.
Patrick is flying high as a doctor and is taking on more by moving to New York, he is a true City man, smartly dressed an
Steph
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Maybe I should just start calling Cm Foss

The "GOAT"... aka

The Greatest of All Time!

**SIGH**

City Beautiful is dreamy.

It embodies everything that makes a book perfect:

Flawless, impeccable writing with such vivid detail, lovable characters that weave their way into your heart, fits of giggle snorts, a few tears, and of course more than enough romance to rev up your heart and make you swoon!

Ivy and Patrick are EPIC!

This couple truly makes my heart happy!

My obsession, errr um, love for CM Foss cont
Southern Belle Book Blog
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret that we’re big fans of CM Foss here at Southern Belle Book Blog. She’s feisty, a bit crazy (in the very best way. Always the best way), and she is one of my dearest friends in this book world. Good grief, writing a review for her books though? It’s impossible. There aren’t enough words in the dictionary to describe my love for City Beautiful. She has outdone herself.

This isn’t your generic love story. Not even close. If anything, it’s just about as unconventional as they come, bu
Unofficial Book Club
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beth: Ashley never leads me wrong when it comes to a fantastic read as she’s the one who has led me to this particular author. I have without a doubt found a new author I will be ready to immediately 1-click. CM Foss’s City Beautiful is a gorgeously written story which leaves its reader with a belly full of flutters and a happy heart despite its roller coaster events. There were so many laugh out loud moments and butterfly inducing scenes. The witty banter and character interactions in Foss’s no ...more
Megan
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am stunned happy!!!!

And delighted, blissful, thrilled, captivated, intoxicated… ah let’s throw merry and bright in there as well.

To say this was book perfection is an understatement. It is precisely perfect. The ENTIRE time I was tickled pink as I read. I am not new to this amazing author and I’ve loved her work before, but this book here is just phenomenal in my type of perfect reads.

It had amazing built characters, who easily and openly fell for each other. These are characters who you quic
Rae Ewer
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It had a little bit of a different storyline, as far as where/how they lived, which I liked and enjoyed reading about. I liked both the H and the h. They each had their moments but I didn't ever want to really slap them like I often do in a story :)
They were good people, the side characters were great, there wasn't any unnecessary drama, just a little craziness and tragedy that is life sometimes. It was sweet and I really enjoyed it! Definitely recommend!
Mike
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 201507, 2015-5star
City Beautiful is one of my favorite types of books, a stand-alone story interwoven into a common universe, as then we get some teaser cameos by some old friends from the other stories!

What started as a possible remake of Doc Hollywood turned into something beautiful with a lot of humor, charm, sexy sizzle, and not a short supply of sadness.

The story flowed really quickly without feeling rushed and I winced when some overly pointless drama was about to ensue, but it was neatly diverted. That was
S
3.5

It's a shame this book has not yet reached its full potential here in Goodreads. If you're looking for a feel-good read after an emotionally exhausting one, this one is for you. I'm confident I could have finished this in one sitting but I wanted something to look forward to in the morning. Turns out I made a good call.

Btw, thanks Goodreads for constantly providing me book recommendations and hints. I appreciate it so much! :)
Virginia Hill
This book is ALL kinds of beautiful. Unequivocally exquisite.
Mira Day
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
To say I love this book is an understatement!
Kayla
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book but loved Patrick more.
Splage
Cute story with an original story line.
Nance
What a beautiful romance!

Totally fell in love with these two main characters and their love story!

Full review to be written soon...
Natasha
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SO FLIPPING GOOD!!!!

Review by Natasha Gentile

I have to say this was my very first time reading this author, so I didn’t know what I would be getting. If it is anything like her Facebook page, you know there would be plenty of laughs and goats (the author lives on a farm and has plenty of goat sightings for us) What I will say now is that I will pick up anything that she writes from now on.

Angie  McLain
***ARC PROVIDED FROM AUTHOR AS PART OF THE OFFICIAL BLOG TOUR***

5 STARS – City Beautiful is Sweet, Sexy and Smart. But most of all its touching and totally heartfelt.

“She was the kind of beautiful I’d expect to see back home. City beautiful. Except there was nothing city about her.”

Patrick is getting ready to make a big move, beginning a new chapter in his life, in a new city, and starting his career in a private practice. He’s excited for what lies ahead and the change of scenery he despera
Aaly
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by the author via Southern Belle Promotions for an honest review. **
5 beautiful Life changing stars!

This was such a feel good story, even if at the one moment I was crushed and it ripped my heart, it was still beautiful, full of hopes and good vibes!
Not your usual romance story!
Review to come.

****************************************************************

** ARC provided by the author via Southern Belle Promotions. **
City Beautiful is a book full of feel good vibes, surprising an
TheDanishBookaholic
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Complimentary copy received by the author in exchange for an honest review

It is no secret that I adore C. M. Foss. Both of her previous novels were – and still are – 5 star reads for me, and “City Beautiful” surpassed my expectations tremendously, leaving me with the meanest book hangover I have not experienced for a long time. But it is the kind of hangover that I crave , and I am so thrilled about it, actually.

Now, as usual, there is no reason to recap the story for you, and this review may
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
He’s waiting for something to inspire him.

She finds inspiration all around her.

But when a chance meeting turns their worlds upside down, can they come together to create something beautiful?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OMG That right there is just AMAZING and totally sums up how I felt and OMG I could not have loved this story more if I tried. I enjoyed the other books I read by this author , they were unique and so easy
Lustful Literature
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**TARA'S 5 BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL STARS REVIEW**

Patrick Thompson is a big city guy, moving from Texas to NYC. The road trip leads him to small town Virginia, pulling over at a road side stand looking for a bite to eat. Instead he gets Ivy. Ivy is a big city girl turned small town organic farmer who runs an Inn. These two start out as polar opposites. You know what they say, opposites attract!

When Patrick decides to spend the night at the Inn before continuing his journey he doesn't expect for
Connected By Books
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
City Beautiful was one of the top reads of my friend Maggie and when given the chance to read it I took it instantly. This is my second CM Foss book, after previously having read Jock, and I fell in love with the story and these wonderful characters she created.

Told in dual POV, City Beautiful follows Ivy and Patrick, two very different, but somewhat similar characters. After enduring as much loss as she could in the big city, Ivy moved away from all the commotion. She’s now settled in a little
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever thought about it, you know leaving everything behind and starting over in a completely different place and have a completely different path to the one you had? That was Ivy did. She had gone though so much heart ache that the path she had chosen had no appeal. I mean she has an adverse reaction to being in any where near a hospital or Doctors office. So she move and starts over.

Patrick was set to make his "Dream" come true. To have a private practice in the city. He is on his way t
JadeSarah.
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"That was it. Nothing special about it, except her."

City beautiful.
I love the name and it perfectly describes this story. Because it is beautiful. Its unorthodox, but no less beautiful. This is opposites attract mixed in with in a very big, not very great, messy situation and amidst all of that. Love. In the most imperfectly perfect way possible that I think only CM Foss can pull off.

I loved Blondie and City!!
Sigh.
She's happy with a simple, easy life
He's looking for bigger, better.
They stumbl
Brenna
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The thing I enjoy most about CM Foss as a writer is her wit, humor, and the fact that her characters are just...REAL. Like, you want to go to The Green House and have a cup of coffee and milk a couple goats with Ivy kind of real. She makes you fall in love with the characters, so much so that you feel like you are right there experiencing everything right alongside Patrick and Ivy. You shake your head at some of the choices they make, laugh at their conversations, cry through their pain, and exp ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Distiller's Choice (Bourbon Springs, #4)
  • Missed Connections (Summer Love, #1)
  • Her Bull Rider's Baby (A Cowboy of Her Own, #2)
  • How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie
  • Broken Glamour (The Glamour Series, #2)
  • Something More
  • My Dear Stranger
  • Brisé
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Alien Shadows (Alien Hunters, #3)
  • Stop!
  • The Devil's Playground (Faraway, #1)
  • Taming Dex (69 Bottles #4)
  • Sunshine & Whiskey (Drinking, #1)
  • Bigger Things
  • Living with Her Ex-Boyfriend (The Loft, #2)
  • A Broken Life (Paula Mitchell, P. I., #2)
  • Rebound
“I didn’t give up anything. I gained a life I didn’t even know existed.” 2 likes