Start by marking “A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words” as Want to Read:
A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

It started with a writing challenge - 1,000 words based on a random image. 18 authors took on the task all in aid of PKDcharity.org.uk and here are the results!

Never will you find such an eclectic collection of stories in one book, but which such a varying collection of writers, what did you expect? All the pictures that inspired these stories can be found at
ebook
Published April 2nd 2015 by Samie Sands

To ask other readers questions about A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Start your review of A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words
Montzalee Wittmann
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words by Samie Sands and other talented authors. It had a wide scope of stories and various styles of writing. Very interesting. My favorite from this book was Hilltop Menagerie. The book was made to go to charity and the authors did not slack up on their writing at all. Top notch for this book. Great job. I was given this book for a honest review.
Samie Sands
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This charity challenge was taken on by some of the best authors currently on the market, and the collection of 1,000 word stories reflects that!
Bertram Allan Mullin
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Bertram by: Jaclyn Ann Lee

A book with a challenge: within a few days writers had to look at an image, write a story based on their muse (the photo), edit, and submit their writings to the publisher. The book was written for charity, raising funds for Polycystic Kidney Disease in the UK (pkdcharity.org.uk).
The prompt for the writers created an interesting enough motive to convince a reader to make the purchase: looking at picture and writing a story. Who doesn’t love that idea? There’s a link in the introduction of the
Pat Eroh
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author has done it again! This is a wonderful collection of random stories that I have found all as outstanding. I enjoyed every single story and as always, I look forward to more by Sami Sands. However, I have a few new authors I am thinking need more of my attention.

Tanya
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great collection of stories which are all 1,000 words long after a challenge to do so from a picture. How will each author do? Where will they take you? Read each one to see

Arthur Pickering
Jul 20, 2016
Rob Shepherd
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
José Daniel
Jul 09, 2017
Dave Suscheck
Jun 06, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Sep 26, 2015
Andy
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Samie Sands
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
James Harry
Aridai
Sep 23, 2019
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Aug 27, 2016
Samie Sands is the author of the AM13 Outbreak series, published by Limitless Publishing. She's also had short stories included in Amazon best selling anthologies and work featured on Wattpad.

To follow Samie's work, please check out her website and social media.
“To write your dreams of fantasy, is to create fantasy in another's dreams.” 0 likes