Start by marking “Beyond the Stars” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Stars

Beyond the Stars

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  983 Ratings  ·  150 Reviews
Falling for him wasn't in the plans...

Most girls would kill for the opportunity to work for Jack McAlister, Hollywood's hottest actor, but twenty-one-year-old Jessica Beckett is ready to kick him out of her red Ford Fiesta and never look back. She should be spending her junior year in France, eating pastries and sharpening her foreign language skills. Instead she's relucta
Published February 8th 2016 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Stars

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Jessica wanted to be in Paris now - going to college …
But she got sick and couldn’t fly, so, what is she doing? She’s accepted a job her Hollywood agent aunt offered her: be the personal assistant to one of her clients. She secretly hopes for someone along the lines of Martha Stewart - she’d love to learn some baking secrets from her....but who does she get?
Jack McAlister - Hollywood’s hottest actor! She hates actors - due to some unmention-worthy ex-boyfriend of hers, who only used her to get
Stacee
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
This sounded adorable and fluffy and I couldn't wait to read it. Sadly, it was just okay.

I liked Jessica and Jack well enough. I really would have loved getting Jack's side to things because he wasn't fleshed out to be more than the movie star. They're both nice people and there were some sweet scenes, but I didn't see the chemistry or connection.

My main complaint was the time flow, especially when it came to Jessica's feelings. It seemed like it had only been a week or so before she was full
Rê
4 "Reading People Magazine like it's Shakespeare and loving it" STARS!

**Review also posted on the blog **

ARC via NetGalley - Thank you, Entangled!!!

Guess what? I devoured my first book in 2016!!! Yay!!!!! *happy dances*

I couldn't have asked for a better, funnier and more romantic story to read on my trip back home. BEYOND THE STARS was much more than I was expecting.

Meet Jess, a super fun, clever and sarcastic girl who was forced to temporarily give up her dreams of studying in France and take t
Julie

description

This is the first book by Stacy Wise and it will not be the last that I read by her. Gosh ... I just loved this book! I sat down to start reading it when my boys got off to school this morning and I was finished with it before they got home. Read in just one sitting! That doesn't happen very often but I'm starting to realize that when it DOES happen, it's when the book has been published by Entangled or one of their imprints. They sure know how to pick them and boy am I grateful!!

Let's start wit
Kristen
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Funny and romantic story that will keep you engaged from the first page to the last! I loved the main characters, Jessica and Jack. You can't help but laugh, cry, and fall in love with them. Definitely recommend!!!

*I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for a honest review
Sybil aka Lala
After Jessica’s plans of going to France during her junior year are ruined, she reluctantly accepts a jib from her aunt to be the personal assistant of Jack McAlister; the hottest actor in Hollywood. Jessica’s heart has already been stomped on by one actor and his overblown ego and she has no intention of fawning over yet another. Jack is prickly, uptight and paranoid but try as she might, the more time she spends in his company, the harder it gets to write him off as just another pretty boy act ...more
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I love picking up these great ebooks of sweet romance stories for review and to enjoy in my down time. This new release by Stacy Wise is a perfect example of a delightful read that was thoroughly entertaining.

I love the fact that the female lead, Jessica, is not the type of girl who falls all over a celebrity. In fact, she tries to stay away from them. So when she ended up working for Jack, who was cranky and not happy she was there, she didn't put up with much of his stuff.

Jack is a sweetheart
Heather andrews
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't think Jack appreciates people, especially other men eating the treats Jess makes, "as if on cue, a sweaty Jack steps over, breathing hard. “Dude. This is your idea of training me? Hanging out eating a…” He looks at the cupcake in Shawn’s hand. “You’re eating a effing cupcake?” I liked this book, not really a whole lot of naughty bits so I think older teens could read this. I loved Jack he was stuck-up, he was kind and caring.
Taylor Wainwright
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I really, really enjoyed this book! I instantly connected with the story line, and loved the quirky little tid bits and descriptions thrown in there! Jack was such an easy character for me to love, even though I thought he was a total jerk at first! Stacy Wise did an awesome job writing Jack. Although he could be a little abrasive and over the top at first, the way she developed his character was perfection! She really made it easy to fall in lo
Emma
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I'm a legit sucker for the actor/PA storyline so when I seen this on NetGalley, I had to go for it.

This book was ok for me, it wasn't mind-blowing or anything but it was very sweet and fluffy. Maybe a little too sweet, sometimes I need the angst to give me the major feels. I didn't really get any tingly feelings with this one but I still thought it was written well, I just think it needed a little more oomph!! And the characters maybe could have had a bit more depth. I think it was maybe just a
Amber (The Book Bratz)
The full review + more can be found at The Book Bratz

I haven't read any New Adult books in a while, and this one seemed interesting enough. With how things were going at the point that I read this book (I read it on 1/7/16) I hadn't been in much of a reading mood and I was hoping that Beyond the Stars would change that. It did! Beyond the stars was sweet, funny, and romantic.

After a unexpected health set back left Jessica from her year abroad in France, Jessica is stuck working as the assistan
Fizza
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is brilliant! It's funny, romantic and very entertaining. I loved it and enjoyed reading it a lot. There wasn't a single boring moment, mesmerizing read from the very beginning until the end. Also loved both Jack and Jess. Their chemistry is just perfect, it's a well-written story with awesome ending.
Jess is on a break from college and it seemed like a good idea for her to find a job in the mean while. Her aunt provided the perfect opportunity and now she is an assistant to extremely h
Lenore Kosinski

3 stars -- OK, I will admit...I was a bit disappointed. I'm a sucker for hollywood star falls for normal girl books, I know many of us are. Strangely enough while I'm a sucker for this trope, I find I'm rarely satisfied with the books who attempt them. Ah well. At least I scored this book on sale.

So what went wrong? I had a hard time liking Jess. I'm not sure what it was. She felt a bit immature for the age she supposedly was, but then again, so am I... No
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
So close to DNFing this one. Half the book had boring details and huge scenes of the heroine doing weird stuff like going to freaking Pottery Barn; she's way too judgmental of the HW life - so she can change her mind later - and it's annoying. Also, most of the characters act like kids.

Aneesa
This another Chick Lit I am loving this month! And the cover is so beautiful, after seeing the cover I knew I had to buy the book and now I cannot stop staring at it.

Jess is assigned as Jack's PA instead of going to France to fulfil her dreams, she becomes sick and her world is turned upside down. Enters the superstar Jack. Worlds come crashing together like a titanic bomb.

Jack and Jess are both world's apart, there is only thing connecting them; Jess's Aunt and Jack's agent. It then begins, Jes
Meg at
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: clean romance fans
Shelves: na
Real Romance in Hollywood?

If you read Stacy Wise's Beyond the Stars, you might actually start believing in it.

It started with a girl, a boy and a pig.

Interested yet?

I wasn't sure if this was of real interest to me when I received the ARC for this book. Unfortunately, my recent experiences with NA Contemporary Romance have been...errm... disappointing?

Enter new kid on the block Stacy Wise. Exit my concerns.

When we meet jerky Jack and jilted Jessica, neither of them seems too pleased with getting
Melissa
Beyond the Stars was such a fun and lighthearted New Adult Contemporary romance! I'm a sucker for an enemies to lovers story, and this one was just so entertaining. Some of the situations that the heroine, Jessica finds herself in had me laughing out loud. It was a really fast read, and I devoured it in one sitting.

Jessica is a college student who has to take a year off when she gets sick, and is unable to travel for her year abroad. She is forced to work as an assistant to Hollywood heartthrob,
Alison
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

I had no preconceptions about this book and it perfectly suited that tired, "OMG Christmas is over, I'm depressed" feeling.

Jessica Beckett was supposed to go to France for a year but got sick and had to take a gap year at home instead, in a fit of tough love (which wasn't really explained) her parents insist that she gets a job and her aunt, who is an agent for film stars, gets her a job as person
Eva Millien
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jessica Beckett is the exception to the rule that most girls dream of meeting Hollywood heartthrobs, she would rather stay far away so she reluctantly becomes the personal assistant to the hot Jack McAllister in this riveting romance.

Jack is private, prickly and downright condescending and the reader can’t help but get caught up in the fireworks as Jessica begins to peel away Jack’s layers to the man beneath. The chemistry is hot but the sparks flying between these two aren’t all passion as they
Christina
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars – 1 Flame

Do you have a teenager? Are you a college student or know one? This is probably a good book for you to pick up. It’s completely PG, but possess moral elements that every young girl/lady will go through in life. Not just in love, but with friends as well.

Jessica (Jess), a twenty-one year old girl finds herself working for “THE” Hollywood Actor thanks to her aunt who is his agent and trip to France that never happened. It wasn’t a job she asked for, but she needed it and her au
Katrina Berry
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Gotta love a book that pulls you in from the very first words written in the beginning chapter. Loved. This. Book. I’m not one for spilling the deets on a book so no finding spoilers here. Beyond the Stars by Stacy Wise is a delightful read that is well-written with nicely developed characters and a catchy storyline. I fell in love with Jack and Jessica, and totally enjoyed the pairing of them and watching their personal evolutions over the
Michelle
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**

Beyond the Stars is a new adult contemporary romance from Entagled Embrace and debut author Stacy Wise. I think Embrace might be my very favorite imprint line from Entangled. All of their books just make me feel all the warm and fuzzies. Beyond the Stars was such a wonderful book. I really really loved it. It was the kind of book that not only made you lose track of time, but also being away from it makes you kind of
Suze Lavender
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jack McAlister is a big Hollywood star. He needs an assistant and Jessica's aunt, who is his agent, thinks she's the perfect candidate for the job. Jessica was supposed to go to France to study there for a year, but her wonderful plans fell through. Unfortunately she also couldn't sign up for any classes at home anymore. She is determined to make the best of her unwanted gap year though and getting some work experience is never a bad idea.

Jack values his privacy above anything and is suspicious
Sarah Louise
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-books
I usually love a celebrity romance story, but this one felt very bland.

Jack McAlister is an actor, and that's about it. There's nothing suggested about his character beyond his good looks and dedication to his career. Almost everyone in the film industry, aside from the support staff, was depicted as high and mighty. Of course, I know nothing about this reality, but it felt superficial to include the classic, I'm better than you attitude from almost every actor or actress that Jessica is introd
Bette Hansen
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect from this one but I must say I was very pleasantly surprised. This was a fun, sexy read that I enjoyed very much. The only thing I would have changed is I would have enjoyed it even more if it had been written in a dual POV. I often wondered what Jack was thinking but overall it is very well done.

Working for an A-list celeb is the last thing Jessica Beckett wants to be doing for her summer. She's had one experience with them and never wants to repeat it. Unfortunatel
☮ mary
I'm thoroughly disappointed !! I picked this book because I wanted witty banter and some fiery sparks between a down to earth PA and her cocky Hollywood actor boss ... instead I read thirty nine chapters of trying monologues, a subplot about some pet pig and the ups and downs of college life ! The hero was never dreamy enough to feel any attachment while the heroine was a kind but nevrotic boring gal...

description

I LOST patience when the so called heroine started making out with her boss' trainer and the
Allison
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I must really like Stacy Wise's writing style because the thing that I liked the least about this book was when the two main characters actually got together. Wise sets up a super cute friendship and working relationship that I didn't want to end. Sure, there was a ton of tension and you could tell they liked each other, but I wanted that phase of their relationship to last for the entirety of it.

I'm not sure what it was, but at 85% of the way through it, when they finally admit their feelings
Jenn
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Super sweet romance. I really enjoyed it.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Working for mega movie star Jack McAlister was not the plan.

Though there may be plenty of girls who would sell an ovary to be Jack's personal assistant, Jessica Beckett is not one of them. However, a derailment of her actual plans ends with her in that exact position and Jessica is determined to suck it up and make the best of it.

Jack is a bit of an ass. He's paranoid and standoffish and—sometimes—just downright mean. The harder he tries to push Jess out of his life, the more determined she is
Tara | Slow Readers Blog
Posted on Three Little Birds Book Blog

4.5 Stars!

Fun, sweet, and chock full of tension. Beyond the Stars is the ultimate movie star fairytale.

To me, the Movie Star and the Normal Girl is one of the ultimate Cinderella stories. We all dreamt of falling in love with a movie star at some point as a little girl, right? This book first caught my attention because of the cover (adorable, right?) and then after reading the synopsis, I immediately requested to review it. I’m so glad that I did.

This book
NEW Giveaway for BEYOND THE STARS!!! 1 4 Apr 03, 2016 02:00PM
  • The One That Got Away (Kingston Ale House #1)
  • Blurring the Lines (Men of the Zodiac, #11)
  • Best Friends With The Billionaire
  • Next to You (Love with Altitude, #1)
  • Sky High (Attraction #3)
  • The Millionaire Makeover (Bachelor Auction, #2)
  • How to Lose a Bachelor
  • The Finn Factor
  • Dark Paradise (Dark Paradise #1)
  • 26 Hours in Paris (International Affairs #1)
  • Ten Days in Tuscany (Men of the Zodiac, #4)
  • Playing the Player
  • Tell Me You Need Me (Search and Seduce #1)
  • Locked, Loaded, & Lying
  • Broken Prince (Cinderella, #2)
  • A Friendly Arrangement (Friends First, #2)
  • Perfect Sense (Perfect Series #1)
  • Just a Girl
Stacy Wise is the author of BEYOND THE STARS (Entangled Embrace, 2016) and MAYBE SOMEONE LIKE YOU (Entangled Embrace, 2018). She has a B.A. in Communication Studies from UCLA and a Masters in Teaching from Chapman University. She lives in California with her husband, four children, three dogs, and an ever-changing number of fish.

Before becoming a full-time writer, Stacy worked in television casti
“Trust no one. Push peolpe away before you have the chance to trust them” 0 likes