Start by marking “Loud Lula” as Want to Read:
Loud Lula

Loud Lula

Lula may be a pint-sized gal, but she’s got a BIG ol’ voice!

Since her birth, Lula’s LOUD voice has wreaked ten kinds of havoc across Pryor County, disrupting humans and animals alike. Lula’s parents are worried: What’s going to happen when Lula starts school? Will Lula ever learn to use her “inside voice”? But when Lula spots something sinister making its way toward tow
Published October 27th 2015 by Two Lions

Start your review of Loud Lula
La Coccinelle
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Well, this is just plain ol' dumb. Loud Lula is the story of a future social pariah whose parents have allowed her to become the most blisteringly annoying child in town.

The child must have some sort of disorder. Maybe she can't hear properly, so she thinks she needs to shout. Maybe she has an auditory processing disorder. Maybe it's something else. But the fact that her parents just sort of ignore the problem for five years and then send her off to school (prompting the teacher to consi
John (JP)
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love, childrens, funny
This the story of LuLa a good ole southern girl with a loud voice. This well drawn picture book, is funnier than a box full of puppies. It teaches that everyone's flaws has a unique value given the right circumstances.
Lily Dodge
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Loud Lula follows the life of little Lula and her extremely loud voice. Lula was born with a voice that could be heard from miles and miles away. As a young toddler it was sometimes cute, but the closer she got to Kindergarten, the more her parents started to worry. When Lula gets to school she gets into some trouble with her constant outside voice. However, at the end of the book, her loud voice saves the day.

An activity for this book would be to have the kids make lists/posters for when an ou
Kristin
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book to my one year old every day. It’s the first, and only, book she has asked for by name, and her favorite book hands down. I read it in a southern accent and wonder if it was written with a southern accent. The first time I read it, it made my heart happy and I couldn’t get over how much fun it was to read. My most favorite children’s book yet!
Amanda Ortega
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Knee slappin fun!

This book was rootin tootin, down right knee slappingly HILARIOUS! My 6yr old daughter LOVES it. My dogs not so much! ( I tend to take on character when i read!!) Lol
latasha baldwin
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love it!

This book was amazing! and for my child they love it when the big tornado started. This thing was Amazing!
Merissa Badali
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 8 year old loved it

We have read this on a number of occasions. Out of three kids, my 8 yr old daughter really enjoys it.
Adrian Ulsted
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun book

Great story with fun Southern slang appropriate for kids. My four year old and I really enjoyed it. Give it a try!
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
My 4 year old LOVED this and laughed out loud while we were reading it. I guess she relates to Lula! Haha!
Heidi
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
A funny book about a girl who only has an "outside voice."
Tommie Hargus
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must Be Read Outloud

This is a cute story about Lula and her loud voice. The illustrations were so good, that my grandson could predict what was going to happen next.
Bonnie Terry
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
There are times when it's okay to use a loud voice!
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Spunky & Humorous. Full of voice and great writing.
Marsha Wilde
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-and-childrens
Thanks to the author and publisher for the Goodreads giveaway copy, provided in the exchange for an honest review.

Warning: May cause you to crave sweet tea.

This children's book is deep-fried in southern-isms. If you're not from those parts, you might get a little crossed-eyed and a lot giggly. Tuckered out, reckon and yonder are just a few displays of the Southernesque you'll find.

And if you want a cure for the 'outside voice,' then you'll find yourself up a creek without a paddle. Loud Lula is not a 'morSouthern/>Warning:
Madison
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Lula is a young girl who is also extremely loud- everyone everywhere can hear her at all parts of the day. This gets on many people's nerves and others are nervous for when Lula is going to get to school. But when Lula spots something far away that could be harmful to the town- her loud voice just might save the town.

The illustrations in this picturebook are very colorful and loud. There is not a blank space on any of the pages. This makes some of the pages better, but on others it i
Pamela Fry
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Loud Lula is a fun book for young children. The pictures are bold and well drawn, and the story weaves in humor and an important lesson as Lula's friends and family try to get her to use her "inside voice." Although her loud voice causes some trouble and startles others, her very loud voice was also helpful, in the right circumstances, as her little town found out!

I received this book through the Goodreads First Reads program.
Sheri
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Everyone knows a child who is loud and yells everything with no volume control. This child, Lula goes to school and the dialogue is hilarious. Lula shakes up the teacher and all the students and still she is able to save the day at the end. Read and find out how she does this. Big colorful illustrations.
Julie Dobson
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a first read's giveaway. I have to say it's a cute book. I enjoyed it. It is a good school book for a quick read, but to get the students talking about using inside voices. Or as an example that we are all different and those qualities that are problematic, might be useful once in a while. The illustrations and bright and fun and I enjoyed them, even as an adult.

Ashley
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sometimes being loud isn't so bad after all. Lula is an unlikely little hero that will worm her way, or shout it, into the hearts of every child who hasn't quite found their own volume button just yet.
Lynn
Reminds me of "Loud Emily" by Alexis O'Neill, which also gives the reader hope that even undesirable characteristics can be useful in certain situations!
Cartoonish illustrations are colorful and bring us up close to Lula's loud voice!
Heather Macht
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Everything about this book is adorable and humorous! The writing has a charming southern flare, the pictures are comical, and little Lula herself is a fun and spunky character. I highly recommend Loud Lula!
Connie Sahn
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book with fun, vivid illustrations. I enjoyed the inclusion of southern-speak. A good book to read with children to learn about the use of inside and outside voices.
Roni
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just received it yesterday. Really cute book. I have grandchildren and a great grandchild who will enjoy this book. Thank you for sharing.
Heather Kipf
Shelves: giveaway-read
A lovely hardcover childrens book. It is colorfully and captively illustrated. I can see it easily becoming the favorite of any child.
Diana
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very delightful book that I will enjoy reading to my grandchildren over and over again. I received this book through the Goodreads First Reads program.
Alaina Maxam
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this is a very well written and illustrated childrens book. I would definitely recommend this book to any parent with small children
Trudi
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile
Cute picture book about a little girl who is loud all the time. She irritates everyone until her loudness comes in handy.
Viviane Elbee
This book has a great voice, and Lula, the main character, is really funny.
Ron McCartha
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun Story

Less than perfect with an extremely too loud voice, Lulu enjoys her life and finds a special need for her voice and her volume.
J.
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A hilarious (and adorable) picture book about a little girl with a BIG voice. No great moral to the story, per se, but the illustrations and the story are so much fun. I really enjoyed it!

• The Hiccupotamus
  • What If Everybody Did That?
  • Duck in the Fridge
  • My Allosaur Has Lost His Roar - Childrens Picture Book
  • You Are (Not) Small
  • That's (Not) Mine
  • Sneezy the Snowman
  • Go to School, Little Monster
  • Give Up, Gecko!
  • Dragons Love Tacos 2: The Sequel
  • Sleep, Big Bear, Sleep!
  • The Deep and Snowy Wood (Christmas Picture Book)
  • How to Read a Book
  • What If Everybody Said That?
  • Granny's Got a Gun (Secret Agent Granny #1)
  • Only the Brave Try Ballet
  • In the Drink (Mack's Bar Mystery, #3)
  • Murder on the Rocks (Mack's Bar Mystery, #1)
Katy is the award winning author of more than twenty-five books for children including FARMER MCPEEPERS AND HIS MISSING MILK COWS (illus. Steve Gray), CALIFORNIA HISTORY FOR KIDS, and LOUD LULA (illus. Mike Boldt).

Her newest picture book, ALIENS GET THE SNIFFLES TOO, (illus. K.G. Campbell), is forthcoming from Candlewick Press in November 2017.

Katy's work has also appeared in numerous