Start by marking “Deathspell (Deathspell, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deathspell (Deathspell, #1)

Deathspell

(Ascendant #1)

A boy orphaned by violence grows up in the shadow of his father's murder. His older brother offers him a home, but the life of a farmer is a poor fit for Christian Richardson.

Set in England in the 1400s, the Wars of the Roses litters the country with plenty of jobs for a young mercenary trained in how to wield a sword. Christian grows out of his youth and becomes a
Published April 15th 2015 by Crimson Melodies Publishing (first published April 13th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Deathspell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deathspell

Start your review of Deathspell (Deathspell, #1)
Sean Randall
Jun 29, 2015 rated it liked it
deathspell
Despite turning into a vampire thing, this started off interesting. I think the concept has been done better Michael G Manning springs to mind but the plot was compelling and the romance didn't interfere, although nor did it really add much to the story. I'd read another set in the world, just to see where things ended up.
Coco.V
Jan 24, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (1/24/2020)! ...more
M.R. Graham
The Premise:
As a child, Christian is witness to his father's murder at the hands of men who can kill without touching and whom blades do not harm. He barely escapes with his life, bearing with him a pendant and a scroll, all he has left of his father. He swears vengeance, but his only clue is the red cloak of the perpetrator, and his sigil, a flame within a circle.
Christian becomes a mercenary and devotes his life to the art of killing, determined someday to confront and kill his father's
Diana
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 really ;)

Dear me, this was one fast-paced read. Took me three nights, but I've only got a few hours to steal from my bedtime, so... If I had it my way, I would have finished it in one long draw of breath.

Won this book in a lottery and also, the author is a good long time friend, and this their latest baby (correct me if I'm wrong). Got both the e-book and the pretty pretty signed copy to shine off my shelf along with my two Flynn's.

Must say it's one of these books I'd buy solely for the
Molly Lazer
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction-novels
This is an engaging slow-burn of a novel with a compelling narrator in Christian Richardson. I'm not usually a historical fiction reader, but Peterson does a great job at keeping the plotline relatable even in an unfamiliar time period by grounding the story in Christian's desires and journey. I particularly enjoyed his loving relationship with Paolo and how his relationship with his brother changed over the course of the story. There are depths to the relationships in the Richardson family that ...more
Jo Ladzinski
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, friends
If you're looking for rogues, magic, and strained family dynamics, this is a read for you. Christian Richardson is my new favorite mess child. When he was young, he witnessed his father's murder and has been on the run and on the hunt ever since.

The characters are compelling and not one-note. My favorite relationship was the ever-evolving tension between Christian and his brother. Dawes does a great job highlighting both brothers' perspective on life. His brother wants to leave the past behind
Caroline Stewart
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
*spoiler alert* This could have been so much better if it wasn't a vampire book. And I had no idea it was a vampire story until almost the end. It didn't need to be a vampire story - it was doing well enough on its own supernatural theme. The bisexual male protagonist made it feel like a ripoff of Anne Rice's vampire chronicles.
KK
Feb 24, 2019
Julia Howard
Oct 12, 2015

• Jack Dillon Dublin Tales, Volumes 1-5
  • Slave Graves (River Sunday #1)
  • London Large: Blood on the Streets
  • The Vanishing Spy (A Virginia Holmes Cozy Mystery Book 2)
  • Primary Target (Forging of Luke Stone #1)
  • The Murder of Paolo Mancuso (Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery, #5)
  • The Carlswick Affair (The Carlswick Mysteries #1)
  • Illegal
  • First Citizen: A Thriller
  • Yippee Ki Yay-A-Navy (Navy SEAL Misadventure, #3)
  • Burning Rage (The Deuce Mora Series Book 3)
  • Fractured Republic
  • FBI Joint Task Force Series: A World of Iniquus Romantic Suspense Mystery Thriller (Iniquus Security Book 5)
  • Casey Jones Mysteries Vol. 1-7 (Casey Jones Mystery Series)
  • Russian Hill (Abby Kane FBI Thriller #3; Chasing Chinatown Trilogy #1)
  • Blood & Honour (Spies of Rome #1)
  • Seeing Red (Ambassador, #1)
  • Law of Five (Kate Reid, #2)
Connor Peterson is a USA Today bestselling author of LGBTQ+ urban fantasy and dark, paranormal romance, local to the Philadelphia, PA area. The madman behind Deathspell and Temptation in Neon, Connor has also contributed to the story cycle Red Phone Box - published by Ghostwoods Books - and the anthology Nocturnal Embers - published by Crimson Melodies Publishing. He is also an active participant ...more

Ascendant (2 books)
  • Shadowcast (Deathspell, #2)
“I wondered how a soul could feel so tired after only sixteen years on this mortal coil.” 3 likes