Start by marking “Harry the Happy Mouse” as Want to Read:
Harry the Happy Mouse

Harry the Happy Mouse

(Harry the Happy Mouse)

Harry The Happy Mouse is a cheerful, traditional story about a Mouse called Harry who lives in the colorful English countryside.

Harry helps a Frog, but asks the Frog to repay the kindness to someone else. We follow the good deed as it moves through other characters, who each selflessly help someone else, making themselves feel happy in the process!

We learn that a littl
Published March 29th 2015

Start your review of Harry the Happy Mouse
Montzalee Wittmann
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Harry The Happy Mouse by N.G.K is a cute little book in poem form for kids. It lets kids know if you help someone, they can help someone, and on and on. Lots of people can be helped by kindness. Cute pictures and good moral.
Scott
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A charming little book with beautiful illustrations. Harry the Mouse shares a great message to help other people in need.
A few minor issues though. The font needed to be a little easier to read. And a few lapses in editing regarding phrasing and punctuation, particularly commas and one or two question marks.
But certainly worth a read to your children!
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“When you help someone else, it makes you feel grand!
So, when someone needs help, just give them a hand!”
- Harry the Mouse

* * *
“When I help someone else, it makes me feel grand.
When there’s no one to help, I can’t lend a hand.”
- Harry the Mouse
Vicki
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Poetic way to teach helpfulnesd

Harry the happy mouse is a really engaging book with rhymes that teach a valuable lesson to young readers. The illustrations are Beatrix potter in style and the entire book is a classic style product. I loved the animals that ate featured. Children will connect to all the characters.
Jamila
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Harry the Happy Mouse is a cheerful, rhythmic book filled delightful illustrations that will provide young readers with an engaging and memorable reading experience.

Harry is a considerate and kind mouse that goes out of his way to help the friends he meets on his journey. Each character he helps then helps someone else and the chain of kindness continues. For example, Harry helps a frog who needs help climbing down. Harry shows bravery and courage and did so simply to help out another. The frog
Ryan Wilkey
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, childrens
So, I have a three-years-old sister and she's a bit of a brat at times, even to the point where she'll gripe and groan until she gets her way (as all children do at her age). Since this book is free on Amazon in ebook format, I thought I'd give it a read and see if it would suit her. Lo and behold, this is such a cute book about putting positive energy in the world and teaches children to be kind to others.

I already know the importance of being kind to others, so I didn't think that I, a twenty-
Jane
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Harry the Happy Mouse is a great short story to teach children about kindness and to start discussions on how to be kind to others. Helping others can make us feel good and be happy we are able to lead a hand to someone without the need of thanks.

The illustrations were first rate, attractive to both children and adults and fit with the story line beautifully. The colors of the background help the text to be easy to read and the description stated it is based on research that the type and backgro
Sharon Gibbs
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Harry The Happy Mouse is a wonderful children's story. With a beautiful message. To help one another is powerful. Gorgeous illustrations and lovely rhyming makes this book, a must, to read to your children.
Rhoda D'Ettore
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable children's book that tells the tale of a mouse who helps a frog, then asks the frog to "pay it forward" so to speak. The story continues as one character helps another, then that one helps the next. The moral to the story is that helping others is its own reward, yet also that what comes around goes around. The mouse who started the chain of positive events eventually learns just how great an impact he had on the wildlife of the area--just by his one act, he influenced many.

T
Jan Riley
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We loved this delightful story. Harry the happy mouse is a great little role model for children, spreading happiness by helping his friends. So nice to read a story with a positive 'pay it forward' message. This story appealed to all three of my children. My little ones (3 & 4) enjoyed it as a bedtime story and my eldest (7) read it to me.

This rhyming story is beautifully written, it's great to read out loud and my little ones had fun joining in with '...just give them a hand.' We also loved the
Sheila
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whimsical fonts are used to tell a whimsical tale with smoothly pleasing rhymes in Harry the Happy Mouse. The illustrations have a hand-drawn, hand-painted feel, bright and cheerful, fitting the writing and the story perfectly. Rhythm and rhymes are unforced, language is simple, and the story's enjoyably wise.

“You shouldn’t thank me, just help someone too!/That will be better, for me and for you!” is a pleasing refrain as different animals face different dilemmas, each helping the other and movi
Angela
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely story of Harry The Happy Mouse and is aimed at children aged 3 – 8. The story is very easy for young children to understand and has the most beautiful illustrations for them to see exactly what Harry and his friends are doing. The prose is cleverly rhyming and I'm sure even young children will appreciate the lovely playful rhythm of the verse.

The vocabulary is varied and colourful, but at the same time has the repetitiveness that children like. The moral of the story is to be ki
P.S. Winn
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful rhyming book with wonderful illustrations that tells a happy tale that explains how when you help others they in turn help others and on and on. Great job with a fun and delightful books that teaches an important life lesson and at the same time makes reading fun. The author and the illustrator of this book did an amazing job and should be congratulated for their good work in producing a book that touches the heart and the mind of all readers.
Nicole O'Connor
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Grandparents & mothers
Recommended to Nicole by: free Amazon download
Shelves: favourites
BRILLIANT!

Brilliant and beautiful! I love everything about this wonderful book. It sports marvellous, artistic, colourful illustrations--the best! The story kept me smiling as I read. The rhyme jogs along at a jaunty pace--beautiful, witty and clever. Above all, I really enjoyed the positive message it imparted. This is a story that I will happily read many times over because it is uplifting and made me feel good.
Rhonda Patton
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great story of helping others

I love the illustrations right away. This rhyming story I fell in love with. Then the great story of teaching kids to help one another is something that needs to be in every school. Should be required to read.
Robert Jr.
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: Harry The Happy Mouse (Kindle Edition)
Great little children's story...help others and others will help you...above average art work..Grandmothers get out your reading glasses and gather the children around you...
Stephanie Farrant
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Harry the Happy Mouse is a great children’s story. It offers a fantastic life lesson that I think is important for every child to learn.

The illustrations are clear and fun allowing a child to successfully follow the story visually.

Harry the Happy Mouse is written in rhyme that allows the reader to tell the story in a steady rhythm giving a child not only a great story but an early introduction to poetry.

There is also steady learning along the way, “The frogs they did croak, and the birds they di
Hilary
May 06, 2016 rated it liked it
A nice lesson, but there were a few things that I found annoying, two of which a good editor should have fixed. First, a simpler, less decorative font would be better for a book where children are starting to recognize letters. Second, the speaker wasn't always clear in the conversations about paying kindness forward. Changing the alignment so each one was above the picture of the speaker would have made it much easier for children to follow. On top of that, the decision to have rhyming couplets ...more
La La
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pay it forward.

Most of the illustrations for this book were very very nice, but a few were on the amateurish side, like they were tired of drawing the main subjects that day. Ha ha. The story was rhyming and it did a good job with that. The reading rhythm was only slightly off in a couple of places. Its message of paying it forward and the act of helping making you feel good was wonderful.
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful artwork and very pleasant rhyme makes this a delight to share with your little ones.
The story tells about the value of doing good for others and how good it makes you feel.
How doing a small good deed can pay off in a very large way.
Karina
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fourth graders
Love it !!
The pictures are incredible, the story is great for little and big kids.

I gave it 4 stars since I couldn't read it on my macbook pro, however it was perfect on the Ipad.
Somia
A nice lesson, highlighting the need to be kind to others, but it wasn't one that charmed me as an adult.

Finished thinking it would be good to start with an earlier book before this to contextualise - but that may just be me.

Acquired via KU.
OpenBookSociety.com
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: andra

Title: Harry the Happy Mouse
By: N.G.K.
ISBN: 0993367003 (ISBN13: 9780993367007)
Author’s Website: http://www.harrythehappymouse.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Andra

Summary:

Larry w Austin
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lovely book.

My son enjoys reading this book every night. I do not mind since I love the message. If we could all be like Harry.
Liz Mitchell
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful!

This little story is perfectly delivered with lovely illustration. What a delight! I can't wait to give it to my granddaughter who will adore reading it.
Clare
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nice book with a good message.
Eric Lahti
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A most excellent reminder that good deeds pass along down the chain. Great for children and an excellent reminder for adults.
Nicola Mason
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Good book for young children. Good pictures for my smallest helped keep her focussed. Would read again and recommend !
Viktoria Faust
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nice little book, great pictures

We liked when Harry was happy and when everybody was helping everybody and party was best part of the book.
Helen
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely lesson in 'paying it forward' with delightful illustrations
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Authors...: Bestselling Children's Picture book Free on Kindle 2 15 Aug 17, 2015 12:27PM
I'm so happy! 1 4 Jul 29, 2015 09:33AM

• Harry Saves The Ocean: Teaching children about sea pollution and recycling. (Harry The Happy Mouse Book 5)
  • What you shouldn't do at school: silly rhyming book for children
  • I'm mad about pizza !: Funny Rhyming Picture Book for Beginner Readers (ages 2-8) ("Early Readers Picture Books")
  • Children's Books: Pigs Can Fly! By Joshua McManus: (Fun, Rhyming Bedtime Story/Children's picture book About Pigs that Can Fly, for Beginner Readers, Ages 2-8) (giggletastic stories 6)
  • Little Monkey Calms Down
  • Children's picture books: Olly and fizz in "Toilet paper!": (Funny children's Picture book about "Toilet Paper Imagination!, Picture Books, Preschool Books, ... 3-5, Kids book, (giggletastic stories 4)
  • The Bees (Down in the Garden Book 1)
  • I Don't Want to Eat Bugs (Lisbon's Misadventures Book 1)
  • The Deep and Snowy Wood
  • Rattles, the Barn Cat Misfit
  • The Day My Mommy QUIT!
  • Sparkle the Brave Unicorn
  • I Don't want to Sleep
  • My Pteranodon Has A Sneeze - Childrens Picture Book
  • My Snowman, Paul (Snowman Paul Book 1)
  • Zachary and the Great Potato Catastrophe
  • Bees Like Flowers (Mummy Nature #2)
  • I'll Follow the Moon

Harry the Happy Mouse (5 books)
  • Harry's Lovely Spring Day  (Harry The Happy Mouse #1)
  • Harry's Spooky Surprise!  (Harry The Happy Mouse #3)
  • The Harry The Happy Mouse Activity Book