Start by marking “This One Moment (Pushing Limits, #1)” as Want to Read:
This One Moment (Pushing Limits, #1)

This One Moment

(Pushing Limits #1)

Fame, fortune, and stadiums full of screaming fans are right around the corner for the rock band at the heart of Stina Lindenblatt’s steamy, intense Pushing Limits series. But it’s an epic love affair that steals the show in this opening act.

When Nolan Kincaid skipped town to chase the music career of his dreams, he knew he wouldn’t miss the reminders of his broken family—
Published April 5th 2016 by Loveswept (Penguin Random House)

To ask other readers questions about This One Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This One Moment

Sabrina

Nolan left his past behind and became someone else, someone with potential and stardom. When he left, he left the girl that was his best friend, and he never contacted her again. Five years later Nolan gets a call that changes everything. Hailey is in the hospital after being attacked, and he can't not go see her. When he shows back up in town and learns that her attacker was never caught, he decides he isn't going anywhere as long as she needs him there to protect her.

This was my first book by
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: This One Moment
Series: Pushing Limits #1
Author: Stina Lindenblatt
Release date: April 5, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

This had the potential to be another decent friends to lovers/reconnection book, but for me it missed the mark in a big way. I was not familiar with this author, so I didn't really know what to expect. The blurb sounded like several I've enjoyed in the past. And honestly, that's very likely part of the big problem here. It's too much like several
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 40cdd4fb15a6a662dc6787dc3850a7_zpsq5moa8nw.gif

A rock star romance with a twist!!!! This One Moment by Stina Lindenblatt is a seductive, sweet, and heartwarming romance with an added layer of mystery.

#ThisOneMoment1

Two best friends. Two people madly in love with each other but never expressed their feelings for another. But when Tyler walked away from Hailey 5 years ago without a word, their friendship was at a standstill. Never truly moving forward as their memories try to piece and hold them toget
Claire Robinson
Jun 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
1 - Sometimes it was better to just accept defeat and move on… Star.

DNF @ 36%

I have picked up and put this book down a couple of times in the last three months, and I have decided to call time. I don’t have a huge amount to say because at 36%, apart from some lengthy internal monologues about very little, and many overly elaborate descriptions of things that have no relevance to the actual story, nothing of real note has actually happened.

Add to that I am feeling zero connection between the H/
FMABookReviews
'This One Moment' is a story of second chances, with a bit of suspense thrown in.

This is a painful review for me to write. Because throughout the first 1/4 of the book, I was loving it! But then somehow I began to disconnect from the story and the characters. Miscommunication or total lack of communication, caused these two to be separated the majority of the book -- having only a sexual relationship. Never really sharing their true feelings, they pined for one another. Unfortunately, I didn't f
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
2.5 STARS

Nolan left his hometown five years ago and didn't look back. Or at least he tried not to. While pursuing his music career he never forgot the events that drove him away or the girl he left behind - his best friend Hailey who he'd been in love with for years. News that Hailey has been attacked and is in a coma has him returning to the place he has spent years avoiding.

Hailey was heartbroken when Nolan left years ago and cut off all contact with her. Now he's back, just for her, but she
Gretchen  (About That Story)
4.5 out of 5 stars

This was awesome, I totally enjoyed it!
A friends to lovers reconnecting story with some mystery and suspense thrown in. It made for an awesome combination and I couldn't put it down!

It started off excellent, really pulling me in. I liked both Nolan and Hailey and loved learning their histories. It was filled with emotion, intensity, a lot of sexual tension and the perfect amount of heat. I thought there was great character development throughout and loved all the details. I lo
Kate's Corner
This one moment nearly lasted a frigging lifetime.

photo imagesE8ZP0Z8S_zpssobvg5gp.jpg

Maybe more at myself then at the book. But bloody hell in all honesty I’d rather stick needles in my eyes or I know watch frigging paint dry.

This is the second book that nearly bored me to death the one beforehand I managed to finish but just barely so I’m livid at myself or the book.

No definitely the book and I didn’t even finish it. I hit the 36% and well I actually have no clue what to write.

Now Ms. Lindenblatt is talented but I didn’t
Irene

This One Moment was an OK second chance love story.

The writing is well done, the storyline was entertaining I just failed to connect with the characters and this affected my overall enjoyment.
Makes me sad I didn't enjoy this book more as the blurb sounded like something I would love :(

This One Moment is the first book in the Pushing Limits series and even though I didn't love it, I enjoyed it enough to be looking forward to the next installment.

Thank you Random House Publishing Group
Doris
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-gallery, arc
Whew!! This book really drew me in right from the start. We have the very sexy bad boy lead singer/guitarist for Pushing Limits who has a tragic past that he ran from and left the love of his life behind in Minnesota. Nolan and Hailey were best of friends for years and then like a lot of boy/girl friendships theirs starting taking on a life of its own. The feelings were there for both of them and neither of them wanted to admit to the other that their friendship was now going to another level. A ...more
Christina
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a sucker for second chance romance and this one did not disappoint. Plus, hello, ROCK STAR series!! ;-)

I love that Nolan is so protective over Hailey and that he's trying to make it right. I also appreciate how strong and independent Hailey is and that she pushes back. Hello UST!

The flashback scenes to their childhood and the story that makes Nolan the person he is had me on pins and needles and completely breathless. I love these two together and I'm so happy they get their HEA.

Cannot wai
Mandy
Apr 03, 2016 added it
Shelves: arc, did-not-finish
DNF - I hated Nolan.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Sometimes I take a chance on a new to me author when I see a book that really interests me and I'm so glad I took a chance on Stina Lindenblatt's This One Moment. This is a friends to lovers story that spans many years, years these two were together as friends, years when these two were apart after a devastating turn of events, and the incident that brought them back into each other's lives. The one thing that was evident from the moment the
Amy
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have been a fan of Stina Lindenblatt for quite a while, so when I heard that she had something new in the works, I could not wait to get my hands on it. And then to find out she was writing a second chance romance with rockstars….Well, I just had to check it out. And I have to tell you, I’m really glad I did.

This One Moment is told from dual points of view and follows the story of Hailey and Nolan. Hailey and Nolan were BFF’s for as long as they could remember. So, it was no surprise when thei
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is the first time I have read this author. The blurb sounded exciting and the book was a recommendation via Netgalley. This is the first book in the Pushing Limits Series about a rock band. Nolan and Hailey' story starts when they are young children and neighbors. They had been best friends forever until a horrible night causes Nolan to skip town and never want to face those nightmare demons again. He cuts ties with Hailey, hoping to protect her while loving her from afar.

Five years pass a
Wendy Marcus
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had everything I look for in a five star read, characters I care about and root for, a story I can't put down, and a satisfying happy ending. I loved this book and highly recommend it!!
A Klue
As soon as this NetGalley reviewer found out this estranged wanna be/could have been couple (Noland and Hailey) both had been intimate with lots of random people after parting five years earlier, I became very leary of reading the rest of their story. You see, that just doesn’t sit well with this true romantic at heart. This genre is called romance for a reason, and I personally don’t consider that romantic, folks. However, I pushed through my openly admitted prejudice and decided to give them a ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
What do you do when the girl you left behind is attacked and left for dead? If you are the lead singer and songwriter to the hottest band "Pushing Limits" Tyler Erickson, you run to her side.

One of the hardest things for Nolan Kincaid (aka Tyler Erickson) was leaving his best friend (and secret love) Hailey behind when he skipped town after losing everything. It is now five years later when he gets a call and is told that Hailey was in a coma after a vicious attack so Nolan returns to the small
Christina
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

Just by reading the blurb you can tell that there is going to be a HEA, right? So let me just cut to the chase and say that, although you know it's coming, it's the process of getting there that has me completely in love with this. I mean, childhood sweethearts separated by tragedy, only to come back to each other, through tragedy...couldn't write it better if I tried.

Nolan, aka Tyler, has finally made it big. His band is playing sell out arenas. His fans are plentiful and lif
Susan (susayq ~)

Nolan has only loved one woman, Hailey. But after a horrible tragedy he leaves her and his past behind, becoming Tyler Erickson who becomes famous in the rock band Pushing Limits. When Hailey gets attacked, he comes home to makes sure she's ok and old feelings that never went away resurface for them. Here's the kick, they were only friends before he left and neither know the other feels the same way. Thankfully they act on those feelings, you know, can't stop touching the other, mind-bl
Karen
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
This One Moment has lots going for it.

It's a rock star romance. Ticks my box. Nolan has a tiger tattoo on his arm - yep you got it so does my Adam (Levine if you don't already know he is my husband).

Friends to lovers. Yep tick again. The characters are cool. Nolan and Hailey have a lovely back story I was in their corner fighting for them.

Supporting characters - lots to work on, and I do love a band to explore.

Second chance romance. Love those two, the unrequited love, the unspoken love. Stina
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Two best friends who refused to cross that line due to the fear of losing each other... But, little did they realize, walking away would eventually lead them back to each other, and their feelings/demons would have to be faced.

After Nolan and Hailey parted ways, they both lived their own lives and for Nolan, it was doing what he's always wanted. For poor Hailey, however… Well, that led her to where she was today, broken, in a hospital bed.

Nolan's guilt for leaving her when she needed him the m
Steffi
Thanks for the ARC provided via netgalley.

I started this book expecting an average rock star romance but this book was a whole lot more.

The book starts right out carrying the rock star atmosphere by attending a concert of the band Pushing the limits. I expected a typical romance but wasn't aware of the suspense part in this book which I ended in liking a lot. This aspect really makes the book stand out from the masses.
I loved the romance part as well as the suspense part. It really gave the book
Heroesinbooks
I'm now officially a total Pushing Limits groupie. Yes I am. I love these guys. Ms Lindenblatt has totally nailed it with this series, it is so very deliciously addictive.

I have read the series out of order but that hasn't affected my enjoyment of the books. They each concentrate on a different band member and the woman in his life.

Nolan is Pushing Limits' lead singer and when he headed for the bright lights of Rockdom he left behind his best friend Hailey, and a truly hideous past. When event
Bette Hansen
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars* I struggled rating this one because I really loved this story so much. There were however a couple of things I would have liked to have seen done differently but in the end - I LOVED this story.
It seemed to have a bit of everything I enjoy. A second chance / friends to lovers story with a hot rock star - what's not to like with that? Throw in a bit of angst and a little suspense and I'm hooked. I thought the author did a great job telling Nolan and Hailey's story from both past and p
Kim Person
I just finished this one and I'm ....

My initial draw to this book had everything to do with the fact Nolan was in a band. Then I read the synopsis and...

This is definitely a book you don't want to miss! This is a new to me author and I'm thrilled that I found another fantastic author to add to my favorite list. Go grab the pre-order over on Amazon NOW! Trust me it's worth the read!

*Full Review will post just prior to release date. I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest r
Toni FGMAMTC
This One Moment is a mixture of several different types of stories. It's a second chance romance, rockstar romance and romantic suspense. There's a whole lot going on. So if you're looking for mystery and romance, it has them.
For me, it felt like maybe there were too many focus points; because, I didn't seem to be able to 'fall' for the characters.

***copy given in exchange for an honest review***
Connie
Wow! Lots of painful layers in this story! When Tyler Erickson, lead singer of Pushing Limits, walked away from his horrible past, he left behind Nolan Kincaid, his real name, and Hailey Drake, the love of his life. He is hiding the fact that his drunken, selfish father murdered Nolan's entire family. But when someone from Nolan's past attacks and almost kills Hailey, it's time to go back home and finally make things right.
Eliza
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was encouraged by the promising synopsis, but unfortunately the storyline and characters were not strong enough to hold my attention or engagement.
  • Rock It (Rule Breakers #1)
  • Bulletproof Weeks (When You're Gone, #2)
  • Rock Me Two Times (Rock Band, #1)
  • Rock Angel
  • Love Songs for the Road
  • Rockin' the Heart (Hot Wired #1)
  • Liberty At Last (The Liberty Series #2)
  • True North (True, #1)
  • Taking the Lead (Secrets of a Rock Star, #1)
  • Beautiful Mess (Rock 'n' Ink, #2)
  • Melting into You (Sweet Home Alabama, #3)
  • Softer Than Steel (Love & Steel, #2)
  • Finn Beckett (The Rockers of Steel, #2)
  • Covert (Chicago Angels, #1)
  • No One's Hero (Chadwell Hearts, #2)
  • A Rocker and a Hard Place
  • His to Protect (Fireside, #2)
  • Above the Noise (In Too Deep, #3)
I’m a traditionally and indie published romance author. My traditional books are heavy on heart and emotion. My indie books are on the light and hilarious side of things. But either way, my stories are full of sexy times. I love to travel, and have lived in England, the US, Canada, and Finland. In my free time, I enjoy photography, especially the close-up variety.

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

https:/

Pushing Limits (3 books)
  • My Song for You (Pushing Limits, #2)
  • I Need You Tonight (Pushing Limits, #3)