Start by marking “Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)” as Want to Read:
Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)

Finding Center

(District Ballet Company #2)

Zed and ballet are my two greatest loves

It took all of Aly's strength to get them back after a tragic accident ripped them from her six years ago. A long road to recovery led to her return, dancing full-time for the District Ballet Company and carrying Zed's child. But Aly is slipping. Each day becomes a fight to keep her career from crumbling under the weight of younger
Published August 17th 2015 by Carina Press (first published August 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Center, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Center

Start your review of Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

I binged District Ballet Company, one book after another. I find Second Position quite lagging at some parts, in spite of that Finding Center still prove itself to be the deal breaker.

Finding Center opens up where Second Position left it off, Zed and Aly are reunited at last.

Zed is now a teacher trying to make peace he might never dance again while Aly is trying to retain the place she has always effortlessly owned. As they slowly rebuild a life together, they must find the courage to face all
Marla Mei
I enjoyed the first two books but this one, this one I LOVED. I don't even know how I can convince any of you to read this book by just merely saying that I loved it. I feel like it's not enough but on the other hand, I just can't form any other words other than I LOVE THIS WITH ALL MY HEART OMG READ THIS. No words are enough but please take my words to heart and start this wonderful series, fall in love because THIS BOOK IS A MUST NEED IN YOUR LIVES. That's all. Bye.
Dahlia
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-releases
I was so proud of myself for not crying and then I read the acknowledgments. Whatevs - Zaly 4eva
WhatIReallyRead (Anna)
Now every time I wear my "My plié is better than yours" T-shirt, I'll think of Aly and Zed.
Sylvie
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't know how this happens but recently I'm picking up the books that aren't in my tbr of this year. But I knew about these book for 2 years and wanted to read when I first find out about them, never got to them until this weekend.

I love ballet always have and always will and I'm constantly searching for books that the main topics are ballet. I've read many books about ballerinas but this series was the most realistic one yet.

Anywho, I really liked DBC, tho the first book more than this.
Elizabeth May
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every bit as excellent and beautiful as SECOND POSITION. It isn't often that I read a romance novel where the couple is already together at the start of the book, so FINDING CENTER was wonderfully refreshing. I love seeing this look at what happens after "happily ever after" and how relationships change over time. I can't recommend this duology enough. <3
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
THIS. BOOK. Y'ALL.

I HAD FEELS. A SHIT TON OF THEM.

I had some issues with Second Position (which I still loved!) but they were mostly fixed in this one. My only problems (for the sake of not having a better word to use) with Finding Center were: 1. I wish we had seen at least one AA meeting; 2. I still don't see any point to having Carmen in these books (view spoiler)
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
I highly recommend the Distric Ballet Company books 1000%. If you haven't read Second Position, the first book, please go and get it, because Finding Center is amazing. Alyona and Zed's journey gets to you and it's filled with love, friendships, hardships, strength, and many many more moments you will enjoy to the max.

-------- Review ---------

You can also find it here: http://www.hopelessbooklovers.com/fin...

Zed and Aly come back in the fabulous sequel, Finding Center. It’s so great to think
Lisa
E-ARC received thanks to Carina Press and Netgalley.

"There will be bad days. What if the bad days are too bad?"
"There were bad days before this, and we'll handle any bad days to come. I promise. That's what we do, Aly. We're pretty good at weathering storms."

oh dear. oh dear, dear, dear.

I was pretty scared too before I started this because what if it's not as good as the first one? But my fear was unfounded because you guys, Second Position was great but this one? This one just blew its
sue
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours

I need to start off by saying that I haven't read the first book in this series and you really must read book 1.

Jumping into the deep end, I discovered what happened to these two lovely people and how a tragic accident ended their career.

Its a touching story, full of romance, worry, angst and some really tender and gentle moments which I found lovely to read.

I would highly recommend this, but I think I could have got much more from this book if I had read book 1.
Katherine Locke
Apr 01, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this one too! It's the direct sequel to SECOND POSITION so same characters! (Don't worry. No cliffhanger in Second Position. This is just MORE.) It has more ballet in it! More feels. More Zaly swooning. More Ham. And two fun surprises ;) Blurb coming soon!
Laura Lam
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, 2015, ballet
Read this book (and the first installment, Second Position) if you like the following:

- Center Stage or any of the other ballet films (I grew up on those)
- Believable romance. First one is a second chance at love after a tragedy, and this one focuses on the challenge of continued romance, even if you never doubt the other person's love. In any relationship, new obstacles arise, and Zed and Aly show that realistically. Nothing ever feels forced.
- Very good depiction of mental and physical
Leigh Smith
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Omg, yes. I was lucky enough to read this early and it is just beautiful. Katherine is such a talented writer (UNDERSTATEMENT). Through her gorgeous words you experience the complete spectrum of senses. And these two have grown, as has my love for them. You will adore the new cast of characters, as well.

When I finished Second Position I was dying for more Zaly and this book was so completely satisfying. I got what I wanted and so much more. Read it, mmmkay?
Jen
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lyrical, magical and full of feels, FINDING CENTER does not disappoint! If you loved TURNING POINTE and SECOND POSITION, you will love this one even more. Read it.
konstantina
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What can I say about this series I'm serious trying to find the words, this book made me feel so many different things had me crying till the last line, aly and zed will forever have a special place in my heart their story was truly aspiring I'm just so glad that they had their happily ever after, after everything that happened to them. I can't believe their story is over I'm gonna miss them so much ALSO can't wait to read more books from Katherine their writing was beautiful and they created ...more
Missy
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports
An amazing ending for a great series.

Aly and Zed work to find that happy medium of togetherness. Trying to balance their lives with the outside demands, their demons, and what they really need.

You can just feel that these two belong together but life keeps getting in the way......and compromise is a foreign concept that they both need to work on. Zed will need to learn to embrace the love of dance to full fill his soul. Aly seeks outside help to battle her demons and insecurities but will it be
Olga
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
I loved the writing and the beautiful world the author's created, I loved Zed, Jonathan and Aly's therapist, I loved how the author touched such a delicate subject using these damaged characters for support. But I couldn't, for the life of me, get myself to even like Alyona. Obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical Alyona who all but ruined this series for me.
Sara
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These characters will cut you open and stitch you back up again.
Edna L. (thebooknymph)
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think I'll forever be in love with Zed and Aly
Han
Natulcien_reads

This is such a great conclusion to the duology.
flavia
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this may have probably deserved only 4 stars but i’m biased okay, i loved these characters and they made me soft and emotional all the time so i’m giving them 5 starts PERIOD
elizabeth
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I received a free copy of this book for review thanks to the publishers and netgalley. This has in no way influenced my opinion of the book.

Basically: The second book in the District Ballet Company series, this book follows Aly and Zed and their story as a continuation of the events that happened in the first book in the series.

In Depth: This is the kind of book I either love or I hate. A second book in a series carrying on directly with the same characters and the same relationship as in
Kat
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received an e-arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 4.5 stars

I love Aly and Zed so much! Second Position was an emotional roller coaster, so when I found out about Finding Center, I was scared. What pain would they go through next? Thankfully, this book wasn’t nearly as scary as I thought it would be. The things that happened were fitting for the couple and I’m happy this conclusion to their story was written.

There was more character growth! Aly dealt with new roles and
Finn Longman
May 2019: What I really, really noticed about rereading this duology two years after I first read it was how profoundly different my circumstances are now from two years ago. And I've made a lot of progress.

At the time I read these originally, I wasn't dancing. Hadn't been dancing for years. Was just beginning to get nostalgic for Irish dance, but believed I'd never be able to go back, because my chronic pain and other health problems would make it impossible. And I wasn't playing music either.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)

Katie’s debut novel, Second Position, really impressed me. As such, I was really looking forward to Finding Center. Ultimately, Finding Center was less good for me, not because of a change in quality but because of the subject matter. I do think that Finding Center continues to be very strong in all the ways that Second Position was.

Why did I not like this one as much? (view spoiler)
Dísir
Finding Center continues the saga of 2 wounded (and very screwed up) individuals, who, after an accident a long time ago, still find themselves paying the price years later. Zed and Aly's very unique story - set against the competitive background of professional ballet - comes to a breathtaking climax in a book worth waiting for.

Katherine Locke's soaring, fluid prose is a wholly immersive experience, almost a mimic of the movements of classical ballet. I was captivated from the start by the
K.
This was basically the happily ever after to Second Position, but I was totally on board with it. I loved that Alyona continues to struggle with food, that happiness didn't instantly fix her mental health problems. I loved that Zed finally realised that there's still hope for his future. I loved that Alyona's in therapy and that she's open about having good days and bad days.

It DOES contain (view spoiler)
Cass
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Aly and Zed. You wreck me. Locke, you are awful. Bloody awful.

I loved this book more than its predecessors if only for the fact that it displays so much sorely needed forward motion within the context of two flawed individuals who love ballet and each other fiercely. While the previous installments cover who they are, how they got where they are, and how they learned to move beyond problems and themselves, this book is a beautiful display of doing life as a means to move on.

Also if you
H
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
3 I-kinda-expected-more stars.

Beautiful writing (Katherine Locke is quickly becoming one of my favorites), but I can't help but feel that a) nothing much happened in this, and b) it felt rushed, or not as well fleshed out due to its length. I was expecting more, and I'm a bit disappointed that this wasn't as affecting to me as Second Position.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Plan B (Best Laid Plans, #2)
  • When You Ask Me Where I'm Going
  • The Tycoon's Revenge (Baby for the Billionaire, #1)
  • Medicine Man
  • Forget Me Not
  • Surprise, Baby!
  • Mooncakes
  • Release
  • Reveal Me (Shatter Me #5.5)
  • Unattainable (Undeniable, #3)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Fling (Wrong, #2.5)
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • Dreams of 18
  • Midnight Kiss
  • Becoming the Dark Prince (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3.5)
  • Appealed (The Legal Briefs, #3)
  • Walk Through Fire (Chaos, #4)
Katherine Locke lives and writes in a small town outside Philadelphia, where she’s ruled by her feline overlords and her addiction to chai lattes. She writes about that which she cannot do: ballet, magic, and time travel. She secretly believes all stories are fairytales in disguise. Her YA debut, THE GIRL WITH THE RED BALLOON, arrives September 2017 from Albert Whitman & Comapny.

District Ballet Company (2 books)
  • Second Position (District Ballet Company #1)
“I’m not going to be one of those amputees who dances and everyone finds inspiring. I’m not inspiring. I’m just me.” 1 likes