Start by marking “Romancing Austin” as Want to Read:

Romancing Austin

Former rock star Dex Reed throws a wild comeback party in his Austin penthouse, and seven romances heat up the night.

No Quitting Allowed, Rebecca Royce
One last assignment and then Lana is quitting her job, quitting Austin, and moving on with her life. Until Jake stumbles into her and changes the direction of her whole world.

Twisted, Cara Carnes
Caleb "Colt" Douglas agre
Published May 5th 2015 by Valkyrie Books

To ask other readers questions about Romancing Austin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing Austin

Start your review of Romancing Austin
Carmen Falcone
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
No Quitting Allowed by Rebecca Royce- I have read Rebecca’s paranormal books before, but this is the first contemporary by her I read. Nice romance! I enjoyed how she takes us for a tour of Austin with the lovely story.

Twisted-by Cara CarnesI love the depth and emotion that Cara Carnes bring to all her novels, and this one is no different. I’m not a fan of first person POV to be honest, but her story was so cool that I was totally immersed. Caleb and Shasta are meant to be and even the secondar
Rochelle
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
*I was given this ARC by the author for a honest review*

Romancing Austin

This was a very interesting combination of stories by various authors. I liked the combination of the different books which included contemporary and the paranormal. Each book had their seperate storylines but they were still all involved in each other and worked as a whole. Different but very enjoyable.

No Quittng Allowed -Rebecca Royce
I absolutely loved this short story. It was the sweetest book. Loved the storyline and the
Dianne
Romancing Austin, an anthology of melt in your mouth romances is like that Sampler box of decadent chocolates, inside that outer shell is a secret surprise flavor, just waiting to be savored. Here is a reader’s chance to sample each author’s unique style, their take on romance, be it paranormal, M/M or just two people who feel the sparks of passion. Leave to an over-the-top Rock Star to throw a party in his Austin penthouse that gives Cupid free reign for target practice.

A wonderful surprise for
iliana G
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A really amazing bundle that i truly loved!!!!

I will miss Austin........

No quitting Allowed-Rebecca Royce 5 stars

I was given this book by the author for an honest review

I had Rebecca in my tbr list for a long time and i am really happy i got the chance
to read her in this bundle.

I so loved this story!!!

that is all i can say!!!

it has the perfect balance and i loved how strong both characters are and at the same time the sensitivity and the smart witts and how funny!

A really nice story!!!!

Twisted-C
Donna
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Seven fantastic authors share their love for the city of Austin, Texas and its music festival South by Southwest (SXSW) by writing stories that take place there during the festival. They are loosely connected by Dex Reeds party. This is a terrific compilation by some wonderfully talented authors. And they say nothing good comes out of Texas…

No Quitting Allowed, Rebecca Royce - The only books I’ve read by the fabulous Rebecca Royce have been paranormal so reading this contemporary was fun. Ms. R
Helen Martins
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received the ARC for an honest review. I am a big fan of Rebecca Royce's writing, so when I was given the opportunity to read this book I jumped at it. A great collection of well written stories by authors I know and those I was newly introduced to. I really liked the fact that all the stories were intertwined with subtle similarities. There is romance, action and a bit of paranormal for everyone.
wanda flanagan
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I enjoyed reading this anthology .Contemporary and paranormal it has a little something for everyone .Though different all the stories work fantastically as a collection. I would definitely recommend this to other readers .
Sue Riley
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves a good romance with a happy ending for all.
Recommended to Sue by: I was sent an ARC review copy by Rebecca Royce
Reviewed by SFF Dragon*.

What a fantastic anthology. I'll definitley be reading more by these authors.

I've really enjoyed this Anthology so far. I say so far because I've only had the opportunity to read 6 of the 7 stories, but none of them are very short and all of them are a great read. I've now read all of them, so this review has been updated.

With the exception of Rebecca Royce, all of the authors are new to me and I really enjoyed all of the books I've read. I will be adding the authors to m
Got Romance!  Reviews
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Contemporary, Anthology, Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance
Length: Novella, Novel
Heat Level: Spicy
Reviewer: Toni
Date: May 3, 2015

Welcome to my home town!

I have the hardest time reviewing anthologies or book sets, but I’m happy to say the last two that I have read have been perfect. The new trend of collaborative stories is brilliant and I love how over a half a dozen people can come together, brainstorm, make up “world” rules and then let their imaginations fly.

That is what
Karen
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Only one of the authors in this anthology was I familiar with so I wasn’t sure what to expect and I was very pleasantly surprised.

‘No Quitting Again’ by Rebecca Royce
I am not familiar with Rebecca’s contemporary romances since I have only ever read her paranormal ones, but this was a nice change of pace. I really liked how Jake and Lana interacted. They were a fun read.

‘Twisted’ by Cara Carnes
This is your typical ‘boy leaves girl to be a rock star and then comes back for her’ type story. Caleb ‘
Denise H.
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Romancing Austin, Anthology, by Rebecca Royce, an honest review for being given this book...

Austin, TX is for young lovers. It's full of life, vitality, fun, and music.

No Quitting Allowed, by Rebecca Royce
Jake and Lana are in this cute, short romance. Wonderful deep feeling characters we liked right away. This story is charming, romantic, interesting, delightful, and has super hot sex. Worthwhile read.
ENJOY !!!

Twisted by Cara Carnes
Shasta and Caleb have a history. He's a rock star who has broke
Niki Driscoll
Shelves: finished
7 great authors got together to write some awesome stories that you do not want to miss. Each story is a stand alone that is based on the South by Southwest music festival in Austin Texas. All the stories have one other thing in common, A huge party thrown by DBR or Dexter Reed (who thinks he is the king of rock and role and the world should bow down to him). I found it ingenious that all the stories ended up at this party in one way or the other and only one of the others was mentioned in conju ...more
Elizabeth/snoopypeach
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Romancing Austin (south by southwest music festival)

Different authors come together to write this boxed set. These are sweetly delivered romances, with hot, fanning your kindle, love scenes.

All of these stories take place around a music festival in Austin, gotta love a good love story rock and roll style! From rock stars, a masseuse, a chef, to fairies, shifters and vampires there is something here for everyone.

The stories are well executed and there was not a single story I didn't enjoy! The
Jessica Mitchell
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
DBR is a douchebag. That's the first thing you learn. Never make a big move with a books across the country. Lani found this out the hard way. But running into Jake has changed everything. But she is stuck in a rut. Will she pull her head outta that rut and look around to see what's good for her. Or will she let the best thing to ever happen to her past her by.
Jennifer Hardy
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I enjoyed reading this anthology. It had a little something for everyone. Seven awesome authors, that have given us seven different stories that in some way still intertwined with each other! This is a collection you don't want to miss out on!
Misty Roule

No Quitting Allowed by Rebecca Royce
Lana is a woman after my own heart: she hates to sweat, has a strong sarcastic personality, knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it, and she feels deeply. DBR is a spoiled brat rock star and Lana has had enough of cleaning up after him, but being spoiled means he's use to getting his way and makes it difficult for Lana to quit. However, in the meantime, in walks Jake into her life... Is 2 weeks enough time??? You'll have to read t
Denise Van plew
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a little different then most bundles of stories in one because of the base of them all. You meet the one rocker in the first story which by the way is the starter and invite that keeps you going for more. Rebecca Royce sure knows too how to build a foundation and makes it to where once you have started you need to know what is behind door "no.2". Lana shows you just how determined someone can be when love enters in. It also is the one where that Dexter is one dude you love to hate with ...more
Patty Kincheloe
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it

No Quitting Allowed -- Rebecca Royce

Endearing Novella.....

I was given a copy of this book by Rebecca Royce in exchange for an honest review of her novella.

While I am no stranger to Rebecca's books; I normally read her paranormal romance stories. This novella is about Lana and Jake and how they realize that life throws us many surprises. What we do with them is up to us. Lana is a personal assistant to a pretty obnoxious rock star. She is from New York (which she loves) and is uprooted by her bos
Rebecca
Recommends it for: everyone
I've enjoyed reading the anthology Romancing Austin. Below please find a review of a few of the books in the anthology.

No Quitting Allowed by Rebecca Royce
Lana Del Monaco is a sassy, outspoken woman who accidentally meets Jake Perry on the sidewalk going into a building. The story is fast-paced and laugh-out-loud funny. The chemistry between the characters is off the charts and sizzling hot. A must read!

Twisted by Cara Carnes
Twisted is a seconds chance at love story between rock star Caleb and S
T.L. Rossati
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Consortium is framed around the highly competitive and captivating world of the music industry. We immediately meet, Chloe, our independent and spunky heroine, who finds herself three weeks into a rather precarious situation with Holt, the intimidating, yet, intriguing owner of XTC Records…who just happens to be her brand new husband. With her former career and reputation in shambles thanks to an ex-fiancé rocker, Chloe meets Holt and they enter into a marriage of convenience. The situation seem ...more
Iona Findley
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hot as Texas, Weird as Austin, and SO Good!

Loved the idea of this anthology from the beginning. Sometimes anthologies are just slightly off from the best work of any of my favorite Authors. I’ve always believed that comes from the authors torquing themselves out of their own writing process to fit the constraints of a collaborative concept. Not so in this one!

The idea of a collection of stories loosely coupled around the SXSW music festival and one specific party event must have allowed all of
Julie Sargent
May 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
I’ll admit that my history with anthologies has been hit or miss. Which is why I’m usually very careful about picking them up. However, while I’m not a native Texan, I did get here as fast as I could. So reading this anthology centered on the city of Austin seemed like a good bet.

I felt the stories were rather hit or miss. My personal opinion is that if you are going to write a story where the city is just as much of a character in the story as the main characters then you need to make sure tha
D Thomas
Romancing Austin Anthology

No Quitting Allowed by Rebecca Royce

The first story in the Romancing Austin anthology.

This is a short contemporary romance with a smidgen of magic. I guess that is the word I want to use.

I love Ms. Royce's paranormal books, but I am open to contemporary reads. I enjoy them every now and then.

Jake can see things, nope, not dead people, and he has a very good outlook on life. He loves his city, Austin.

Lana is fed up. Fed up with her boss, fed up with Austin. She is so rea
Ingrid Stephanie Jordan
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Everyone is going to the DBR Badass Party.
Lana Del Monaco was DBR's assistant, the money might be good but DBR was an ass and to top all that she missed New York and hated Austin. Jake Perry loved Austin , when he saw Lana's glow he knew he had to be around her. The author Rebecca Royce wrote this with six other authors who each had six different romantic character's that were going to at the same DBR's Badass Party. This was a fun read and the sex was hot, all in all this is a MUST read book.
Janice Hitt hampton
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this anthology. I especially liked Evelyn Berry's paranormal romance story and Jax Garren's vampire story and I don't normally read paranormal romance. The other stories were good as well, but didn't stand out as much as Berry's and Garren's story. At first I thought the fairy riding into town on a bat was strange, but after I stuck with it I loved how charming the heroine was. I also enjoyed the vampire world that Garren created. The other stories were good as well. Some perhap ...more
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review. This was an amazing group of very talented writers offering a great collection of stories. I enjoyed each one for what they each had to offer. Sweet, sexy, touching, emotional and exciting!!
Joy
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this for a honest review. This has 7 wonderful authors in it. Some new to me. I love reading the different story, but one thing all of them have in common is that they are all hot!
Gabryyl Pierce
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A lot of fun sweet stories here...I hate travel, but Austin seems like a place I'd love to go. My fav was the Rebecca Royce story...good to see a non-paranormal read from one of my auto-buy authors.
Leslie
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, series
No Quitting Allowed: Jake and Lana don't start out on the right foot with their first meeting. However, that soon changes as hard and fast takes over. Could a one night stand turn into something more when one wants to flee the state? Loved this story! Especially with Jakes laid back surfer dude attitude.
Twisted: what happens when your rock star ex boyfriend shows back up in town? Balcony sex, almost elevator sex and a trip to jail. Caleb comes back to reignite his old relationship with Shasta.
Toula
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved loved it
didn't read them all as of today but going to finish it defently. I would recommend this to anybody and everybody
No Quitting Allowed Rebecca Royce

I absolutely loved this short story. What happens when you work for a High Profile Band and the Player is just crappy all over . You are on your way to deliver the last thing before you quit. Some guy runs into you and you tell him off. Next thing you know he's at the party and he sticks by you. he wants you to together but you tell him y
Riley Bancroft grew up in the heart of Dallas. Ever since she was little she favored stories on the darker side, not only supernatural, but psychological. The pursuit of her writing career began when she wrote a short story based on an intimate scene to share with her friends. They encouraged her to write. And so, she did.