Start by marking “On the Run” as Want to Read:
On the Run

On the Run

(Wayward Wolves #2)

Marcia fled her pack years ago. After moving from place to place she is now happily settled in the Big Apple. Until she is disturbed by the scent of a male wolf. Is he there to return her to the pack?

Declan lived his life serving his alpha until the day his sister is disgraced. On the run himself with his siblings he discovers the beautiful white wolf. Marcia. Now, to pro
Published April 17th 2015

To ask other readers questions about On the Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Run

Sher
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: On the Run (Wayward Wolves Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
The 2nd book in the Wayward Wolves series.. Really enjoy the Wayward Wolves.
Marcia is in hiding in New York City. Hiding from her former pack alpha Killian.. After a run in the park she scents another wolf..Is he one of Killians wolves and she must hide? She eventually meets Declan and his brother and sister.. Who are on the run from their home pack as well.
They end up teaming up to escape the city, and go on th
Nancy Fontaine
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for a honest review.
This is my first look at this author and I'm glad to find her. This book is fast paced and stands alone from the first. Marcia is running in Central Park, NY. when she scents another wolf. She follows the scent to a group of three wolves. At first she is afraid they are coming to take her back to her pack,where her life is in danger. However Declan knows he has found his mate.
I look forward to more of Ms. Shaw's books.
Donna Hokanson
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chance meeting
After being on the run from her pack for a few years, Marcia smells another wolf in her city. Friend or Foe? But her wolf likes the smell. A few weeks later in human form she smells him again and they talk. This book has some nice action and adventure and a love story mixed in. Well written and very entertaining to read. Self-contained story this is a very enjoyable read.
Joy
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a good story. Marcia and a friend ran from their pack. When she is out for a run she smells another wolf. Her wolf likes the smell. Lucky she is in control. This is a well written story. I recommend it.
Diana Page
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the second story in the Wayward Wolves series, Marcia is a female werewolf on the run from her pack, a pack that would see her brutally beatten and raped, for not wanting to "service" the male members of the pack. Declan used to be a pack enforcer for another pack, but when he found out that his alpha was going to let his little sister become the pack where, because she couldn't have children, he took her and his brother and ran. Marcie and Declan meet in Central Park, each out for a run ...more
Anne
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
On the Run is the second short story in the Wayward Wolves series. This one follows Marcia who has taken up residence in New York, trying to hide from her former pack after she and her friend, Astrid, escaped the abusive pack. Declan is also on the run from his pack with his brother and sister, unable to put up with their plans for his sister, Rhea. A chance meet in New York throws Marcia and Declan together, and the attraction is instantaneous. Declan really wants to explore this, but has no ex ...more
Lynn Smith
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Part two in the Wayward Wolf series. Marcia is hiding out in New York. Trying to stay one step ahead of Killian and the pack. While running in the park she catches the scent of a unfamiliar wolf. Declan is running with his brother Bray and his sister Rhea. Catching the scent of Marcia, he doesn't know if to run or chase it down. they are trying to stay hidden but the scent entices him.

Marcia finally gets her
Lynn Smith
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Marcia finally gets her
Sheryl
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a complimentary copy by author Bethany Shaw for an honest review. This is book 2 from the Wayward Wolves series by the author.

Marcia is settling into her new life but when she smells another wolf she starts to fear that Killian and the pack has found her. Declan, Bray and their sister Rhea fled from their pack to keep Rhea safe and now they have found Marcia. Together they all run to a safe place to try and start a new life away from their old packs.

This book
Tracey
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

"Slipping off her heels, she curled her toes as she clutched her shoes in her hand. At least now she could run. I have a weapon too."

I love the strength of the main character Marcia, she was weak but ran away from a bad situation and developed skills to keep her friends and herself free. I love when she says "But I’d rather spend my life looking over my shoulder than in the pack. Freedom is worth the fear and paranoia th
Lorraine Caruana
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Wayward wolves series is a smasher. This is Marcia's and Declan's love story and how they come to meet. Declan is one hell of a wolf who will protect his loved ones at all costs. Marcia has been surviving with her friends for ages and she has become exceedingly good at staying safe, so when these two get together with the same goal in mind, we get to read an exciting and exhilarating tale of survival, sacrifice and love. Loved how our two heroes manage to evade capture and ...more
Cilicia White
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the new book in the Wayward Wolves series, but is a stand alone book with the same theme as the previous book. Marcie has been on the run for years from her pack, but when she smells a wolf while on a run she doesn't know if he is there to take her back. When she smells him again a few days later while n her human form they talk and realize that they are both on the run. When someone from her past comes after her Declan helps her and then runs with her. This is a short but great story th ...more
Lisa
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ON THE RUN by Bethany Shaw 5+ Stars

Marcia, a lone wolf on the run meets up with Declan who is on the run from his pack and find they have a strong attraction to each other. But dare they trust their feeling or run from each other as well. This is the second book in her Wayward Wolves series and yet can be read as a standalone. Full of action, with a fast pace and a sweet love story. Truly another fabulous story by the wonderfully talented Bethany Shaw. This author could make a telep
Petula
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
★★★★
Although this is book #2 it can be read as a stand alone.
Marcia has been on the run from a vicious Alpha for years. Always looking over her shoulder to make sure no one can drag her back to the hell her pack is.
Declan and his brother and sister have left their pack for similar reasons. When some enforcer's turn up Marcia must run again. This time taking Declan with her.
This is only a short story, but it does give us a good taste of the series. Plenty of fights and some hot, sexy sce
Lisa
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ON THE RUN by Bethany Shaw 5+ Stars

Nicole Smith
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Fast paced engaging story with passion between two werewolves. Marcia has been on the run for years to keep away from the evil Alpha of her former pack. She's only had her best friend to rely on, but she soon smells an enticing scent of a new werewolf. The Question is, is he friend or foe?. Declan is on the run himself and needs to find a way to prove he isn't there to take Marcia back to her pack. Danger is still lurking. They must go on the run. The passion between the two is hot!!!!
Teresa Stirewalt
I am loving this series. The second book here was just as good as the first. I am emotionally invested in the characters of this series and I am bouncing in my seat waiting for book 3 to come out so I can learn even more about what is going on with all of them. Bethany Shaw is becoming one of my favorite authors and I look forward to reading not just this series but many of her other books as well.
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received a free ARC copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.
This is a short sweet and funny book. We have everything you could need. Drama some action lots of adventure and of course finding your true love.

We see what life on the run is like and what they have to go thru to stay alive and free. We have to wait for book 3 to see what happens next.
Yvonne
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good...

Continuation on the first segment. I really like the I interaction between the two groups. So much controversy and emotion mixed in. I am always intrigued by the wolf ways. Keep them coming.
Laura Downing
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
May 26, 2015
Kathleen Engelman
Apr 21, 2015
I am happily married to my husband of almost nine years and have two wonderful children.

I have always loved reading and writing and am thrilled to have published my first novel.

Paranormal romance is my go to genre and the genre I prefer to write in. I love the unique feel of creating an entirely different world and implementing it into the human verse.

Wayward Wolves (5 books)
  • In the Arms of an Enemy
  • Bitten
  • Midnight Run (Wayward Wolves Book 4)
  • Healing Christmas (Wayward Wolves Book 5)