Start by marking “Samuel Morris: The Apostle of Simple Faith (Heroes of the Faith)” as Want to Read:
Samuel Morris: The Apostle of Simple Faith (Heroes of the Faith)

Samuel Morris: The Apostle of Simple Faith (Heroes of the Faith)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  80 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Amidst the millions of committed Christians in each generation, a handful rise to special prominence. Learn more about their exciting and inspiring lives in Barbour's "Heroes of the Faith" series.An African prince who, through God's intervention and guidance, came to America as a student missionary and showed us he was the apostle of faith.
Published February 1st 1997 by Barbour Publishing (first published October 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Samuel Morris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Samuel Morris

Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow - what a beautiful story about an amazing missionary from Africa! I am so blessed to have a house church that reads such enriching and encouraging stories. This one did NOT disappoint. This will be a treasure on our bookshelf for my children to one day read. Considering it is Black History month - and hearing from my friends that are African-American, the point has been made, rightfully so, that their history is much more than the story of slavery. With that in mind - might I suggest this be ...more
Andre Steyn
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
a beautiful life lived = what happens when we respond to the abundant LOVE of God.
Jungsook Chung
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Samuel Morris must have been canonized if he had been a Catholic. This is a simple story about an African prince of Kaboo with simple faith in Jesus and Holy Spirit. I will borrow the last sentence of the book to introduce this true story; It is a testimony to what God can do with the life of one who follows Jesus wholeheartedly. I would like to follow his wholehearted devotion to Holy Spirit.
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missions, biographies
I was completely unfamiliar with the story of Samuel Morris and thoroughly enjoyed learning about his life. I'm sure there are other biographies of his that dig deeper, but this is a good starter for those interested. I probably should give the Heroes of the Faith series more stars than I do, because I would encourage anyone to read them. However, don't stop with them, but let them encourage you to continue reading on the individuals at hand.
Oct 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Interesting tale of a former prince Kaboo of the Kru tribe of Liberia in Africa who converts to Christianity and ends up as a missionary to Americans while fighting against American segregation and slavery.
A story of a man and his simple faith and high ideals as he went through life.
Based on a true story.
The portrait on the cover is sadly a complete misrepresentation of what he looked like.
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Though this isn't the best-written book, the true story of Samuel Morris is one of the most inspiring biographies I have ever read. His life is a challenge to anyone who wants to follow Jesus wholeheartedly and walk in the fullness of God's Spirit!
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What a testimony! This man of God lived a short life but oh the testimony he had and the lives he touched here in America! Go, read this book now!
Derek Viljoen
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Never heard of him before reading this book. An absolutely amazing man. Had great impact for such a short life.
Michael Kong
Oct 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
So touching…I recommend it without hesitation!
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book has been a favorite of mine for quite a while and this young man, my hero. Gotta love his childlike faith and passion for learning more about Christ.
Sharon West
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved reading about this man and his incredible faith.
Apr 23, 2015
Daryl Miller
May 13, 2016
Feb 25, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
W. Terry Whalin understands the editorial desk--as an editor and a writer. He worked as a magazine editor and his work has appeared in more than 50 publications. Terry is an Acquisitions Editor at Morgan James Publishing. He has written more than 60 books through traditional publishers. One of Terry’s newest book JUMPSTART YOUR PUBLISHING DREAMS, INSIDER SECRETS TO SKYROCKET YOUR SUCCESSis packed ...more
More about W. Terry Whalin...

Heroes of the Faith (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Corrie ten Boom (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Heroes of the Faith: Dietrich Bonhoeffer
  • Jim Elliot (1927-1956) (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892) (Heroes of the Faith)
  • David Livingstone: The Pathfinder
  • Corrie Ten Boom: Faith Triumphs (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Heroes of the Faith
  • Beloved Heroes Of The Faith (Heroes Of The Faith Series)
  • Heroes of the Faith
  • C. S. Lewis: Writer and Scholar (Heroes of the Faith)