Start by marking “Wytches #6” as Want to Read:
Wytches #6

Wytches #6

(Wytches (Single Issues) #6)

As Charlie struggles to save Sailor from the wytches' grasp, the monsters' true hold over the Rooks family is revealed in this, the harrowing ending to the series' first arc!
41 pages
Published by Image Comics (first published 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Wytches #6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wytches #6

Start your review of Wytches #6
Kristijan
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finale prve "sezone" Vestica je definitivno bolje od prethodnih nekoliko nastavaka. Likovi su poprilicno evoluirali, prica je zaokruzena u jednu celinu i stvari gledamo iz malo sire perspektive. Ono sto mi je generalno dobro I sto me u ovih sest nastavaka konstantno odusevljavalo jesu grafika, boje, setting I atmosfera. jedina zamerka jeste to sto se prica moze predvideti I sto je prica kliseizirana - prati poprilicno poznati pattern ovog zanra.
Jedi JC Daquis
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Wytches is an OK series for me. Nothing truly remarkable happened yet I couldn't put it down.

At its core, it is a dad redemption story with Charlie trying to save His daughter Sailor on many occassions, the last time against the wytches of the woods.

Wytches has hints that it the series will continue, yet as of now (2016) it is still in hiatus. Many questions are still left unanswered like what really are the powers of these creatures, where exactly they came from and what really happens to someb
Rachel MacNaught
Sep 07, 2015 rated it liked it
A bit disappointed in this one, though I enjoyed the chapters so far on the whole.

The pledger was too obvious, though I liked the dilemma it caused for the protagonist and how it unfolded when they made their decision.

But reaching that point should have taken more mystery. Not just a stranger appearing to divulge you in the entire plot and giving you all the tools you need to combat it. I wish this series were more text heavy. It doesn't feel like enough. I want to know why and when and how and
Derek Coyle
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ooof what a twist! was holding my breath all the way thru that issue!
Patrick
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great series, and a solid ending to the first story arc. This is the way a horror comic should be. Haunting, and makes You want more. Read it.
Dimitris Papastergiou
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great ending of the first arc.

Creepy. Dark. Scary. Awesome.

You need to read this if you like horror/mystery stuff. Unless you want to get pledged to the Wytches...and a pledge is a pledge.

Ok, so there's a family, with a daughter, which daughter got pledged years and years ago to the Wytches and now they're back to take her. Of course nobody believes her and they think she's crazy, and that she killed a classmate and other stuff.. but things are happening and it's just, so different from the cl
zoni
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Esqueça tudo o que você já ouviu falar sobre bruxas; quase todas as informações devem estar erradas, de qualquer forma. Aquilo que você aprendeu na escola — que, por séculos, centenas de pessoas foram queimadas, torturadas, perseguidas e assassinadas por bruxaria — é um fato. O que ninguém contou para você é que essas pessoas morreram para proteger uma terrível realidade escondida dos meros mortais: bruxas, bruxas de verdade, existem e estão por aí. Elas são criaturas muito mais perversas e diab ...more
Darinda
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Read in Wytches, Volume 1. A creepy take on witches in the woods. Once you're pledged, you're pledged. There is no escaping the wytches.

#6 - Dad finds Sailor. Family history. Crazy townspeople.

An exciting witch story with great artwork. Fun to read.
Carolina
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm Stephen's King fan, so when I saw his recommendation i got excited for this series even more. I finished it in few days and I really liked it, also I think that author's stories from his childhood no the back were amazing and made this comic book for me even more interesting. Definitely worth trying out.
Brandon
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series concludes in a very satisfactory way. The atmosphere that Scott Snyder created leaves you wanting more, but does not extend itself. The artwork give a chaotic, horror creepiness that has you wondering if the protagonists will notice the danger coming towards them because often the reader may miss details. This is one of the finest independent comic arcs I have picked up in awhile.
Rosie Wedge
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really great end to the series. Definitely not what I was expecting, with a really good twist. All in all a nice little ending to the story, very emotional at times.
Ovi
May 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Derek
Pledged is Pledged. No way around it. Nossir.

Charlie manages to rescue Sail and they run towards the house with the wytches right on their heels. At the house, before they can even get to scurrying around trying to pack a few things, sheriff Petal and a bunch of townies gather outside and fire at the house, there's no escape. Charlie asks Sail to go down to the basement, but Lucy hits her in the back off the head and she tumbles down the dark basement. Lucy is no longer crippled, she pledged Sa
Ming
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story isn't that atypical for a horror story - family with some curse or deep dark secret that always has a way of popping up into the present, someone is promised to some unknown evil entity and that entity will stop at nothing to get its pound of flesh.

Still, I'm interested to see where this story will go.

An additional thought. John Barth once said "if there are five pistols hanging on the wall, by the end of the story, they all have to go off". One of the pistols in this story is Charlie
Lila
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, graphic-novel

"Pledged is pledged."

My love for American Vampire, Vol. 1 made me stubborn in my devotion to Snyder, but in all honesty, his later horror projects didn't make the same impact.
Wytches is one of his better works and looking from this point at news that it was optioned right away- isn't surprising at all. It's made for big screen.

Simple and effective concept that's also very adaptable to graphic novel form in all the best ways (I am parroting my love for splatter coloring) brought something new in
April
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the last of this story arc, as Scott Snyder is taking a break. There was rumor that this series was ending, and I was very upset, but luckily it's not, and I'll just have to wait for the next issue.
Kimmy
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a punch it the gut! A beautifully written & illustrated punch, but painful, nonetheless. Loved this first arc, and am greatly looking forward to the next. (view spoiler) ...more
Amy
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's really starting to get going now and I'm loving it. Can't wait for the next issue.
Valeria Rios Rosales
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
El giro de la trama se me hizo super Inesperado me gustó la historia además de que como van pasando los hechos se va haciendo más perturbadora
Sierra
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Omfg, I'm crying. Hahahaha. Great.
Amber Llambias
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I adore this series. Scott Snyder's story along with Jock's artwork is a killer combination. The essays at the end of each issue are nice too. I absolutely cannot wait for issue seven!!
Scout
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good god what a closing to the first story arc. Just amazing.
Alia
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who would you pledge?
Erin Dunn
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The worst parent of the year award goes too...
Mateo R.
* Lugares: Litchfield, New Hampshire, Estados Unidos.
* Ambiente: Bosque, cueva.
* Figuras recurrentes: Historietista.
Ivana Hajdinić
Sve u svemu nije mi baš bio neki serijal
Tomas
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
So I read whole first arc in one day and it was nice ride. The idea is good, artwork great but the story is a bit too short and the ending cut too early. I expected much more to happen in 6 issues.
Russio
Jun 18, 2016

• Nailbiter, Vol. 1: There Will Be Blood
  • Nailbiter, Vol. 2: Bloody Hands
  • The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness
  • 進撃の巨人 30 [Shingeki no Kyojin 30] (Attack on Titan, #30)
  • 進撃の巨人 29 [Shingeki no Kyojin 29] (Attack on Titan, #29)
  • 進撃の巨人 28 [Shingeki no Kyojin 28] (Attack on Titan, #28)
  • Nailbiter, Vol. 3: Blood in the Water
  • 約束のネバーランド 10 [Yakusoku no Neverland 10]
  • Suicide Squad (1987 - 1992) #11
  • The Blizzard
  • Antigonick
  • Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things (Courtney Crumrin, #1)
  • オキテネムル 6
  • Awaken, vol. 4
Scott Snyder is the Eisner and Harvey Award winning writer on DC Comics Batman, Swamp Thing, and his original series for Vertigo, American Vampire. He is also the author of the short story collection, Voodoo Heart, published by the Dial Press in 2006. The paperback version was published in the summer of 2007.

Wytches (Single Issues) (6 books)
  • Wytches #1