Start by marking “Chasing Impossible (Pushing the Limits, #5)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Impossible (Pushing the Limits, #5)

Chasing Impossible

(Pushing the Limits #5)

Tough and independent, 17-year-old Abby lets very few people into her inner circle. It’s common knowledge in her Kentucky town that she deals drugs, but not even her closest friends know why. But when a deal goes south and Abby’s suddenly in danger, she finds herself reluctantly forced to lean on daredevil Logan—a boy whose restless spirit matches her own.

Logan has his ow
Published July 1st 2016 by Harlequin Teen

Start your review of Chasing Impossible (Pushing the Limits, #5)
— Massiel
Logan and Abby's history...

Logan and Abby...

I just...

Thank you so much Katie!
Andie
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have high expectations every time I go into a new Katie McGarry book and she never disappoints me! I always know that I'm going to get an amazing storyline featuring unique and somewhat complex characters. Her writing is incredibly engaging and never fails to suck me in right from the start. Katie has that special writing formula that is exactly what I need in my books.

Chasing Impossible follows Logan and Abby, who we met in previous books, in a dual pov.

Abby is the girl from the wrong side
Lori Foster
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books-ever
I don't have words to adequately explain how much I loved Chasing Impossible. I feel terrible for anyone who doesn't get to read it. Hopefully the publisher will make it widely available *soon* because it is my #1 favorite read ever.
Each word, every situation, the very special interactions between Abby and Logan...all magic.
Logan was incredible and I loved him. His imperfections only made him more perfect, and so completely relatable.
For Abby, it wasn't her background but her relationships, no
Irena BookDustMagic
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let's be honest here: my rating is strictly subjective because Katie McGarry is one of my all-time-favorite authors.
Her writing style is exactly what I'm looking for in my books: captivating but beautiful with quotes you just want to copy and paste in your brain so you could remember them for ever. It is also poetic at times.

This story follows two characters that we already met in previous books in the series: Abby and Logan.

Abby is a girl who doesn't like to let anyone in. That's one of the rul
Lani
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ahhhhhh I feel like this could've been so much better

(WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST MAKE THE COVER MATCH THE OTHERS WHY WHY WHYYYY)

THIS IS THE FUCKING BEST NEWS EVER

Just 3 more months.
80 days.
GIVE ME THIS NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
ABBY & LOGAN 5EVER <5<5<5
The Abby Chapter
Logan’s my type of crazy, but he’s also the type I can easily mess up in the wrong ways.
description

“Logan’s a great guy, and even I notice how he looks at you.”

He’s a poor soul who
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3.5-4 stars

It was great seeing Abby finally get her happy ending! When I started reading, I wasn't sure how much I would like being in her head - the choices she kept making were frustrating - but I loved her growth and enjoyed seeing the funny, carefree, and energetic sides to her personality come out more and more. Logan is a complete sweetheart. I couldn't have been more excited when I found out he'd be the one paired with Abby because I knew they'd make a great match. He's reckless and charm
Christy LoveOfBooks
May 05, 2015 marked it as to-read

YES! My boy Logan won. Ethan can suck it.

Abby + Logan = <3

photo swooning_zpsteydqmel.gif

I need this book!
Sinead
It was wonderful to finally get Abby's background, and learn all her mysterious ways. Even though what goes on in her mind is quite sad, I am so glad I got to read it. She is so strong, and even when the world tells her no, she tells them to fuck themselves and does it anyway. It's impossible not to love her and she and Logan's romance was the perfect ending to this fantastic series.

It's not my favourite of the series (that honour goes to Pushing the Limits and Crash Into You), but was still a
Apr 09, 2015 marked it as to-read
Boooo! It should have been Ethan!
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
As much as I love and adore Katie McGarry, I have to admit I was a little nervous about Abby's story. I never really warmed to her as a secondary character in the previous books of the Pushing the Limits series. Naturally, McGarry worked her magic and I found myself completely invested and pulling so hard for Abby to find a way out of the life she was living. Abby has always been kind of a mysterious character so it was satisfying to finally get her story and understand her motivations. She had ...more
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, novella
I'd like to thank Harlequin Teen for providing me with a copy of this book to read and review. I won a copy of this book through a contest!

I will say that McGarry really does get me every time. I go into her book hoping to like it (though I don't know why I would only hope to do so) and come out the other end a blubbering mess of emotions and with a full heart. I don't think she can write a story that doesn't touch me so deeply I want to devour it. This book was no exception. I loved Abby in all
Miranda Lynn
Unfortunately, this was not as good as I was hoping it would be. I feel like I've been waiting for Abby and Logan's story to be written FOREVER, so I was pretty hyped up that McGarry was finally releasing this long-awaited addition to the Pushing the Limits series, and maybe that was the problem. But this book just had a different kind of feel from the other PtL books, and you could kind of tell that McGarry is pretty over this series and ready for these characters to be all wrapped up.

I didn't

review to come.
Joana
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, favorites
Added to favorites. I'm in love. There are no words. This group is friendship goals and Isaiah and Logan are everything to me.

***

Dammit, I shouldn't have left so many time pass. I had so many things to say and now I can't remember half of them.

I won't be able to express myself like I wanted but I'll do my best because this book meant a lot to me.

The Pushing the Limits squad is friendship goals. I just love these boys so much and seeing them all together in one single book did things to me.
joanne
He was a boy (with problems) she was a girl (with even more problems) can I make it any more obvious?

I don't know when Katie McGarry's whole girl/boy-from-wrong-side-of-the-tracks-tries-to-come-clean narrative started getting dull for me, but apparently it has. Which is sad, because I genuinely enjoy(ed) her books.

Yes, Chasing Impossible is pretty well written. I loved the characters and, having read all the companion novels, it was nice seeing them all become friends and start to trust one ano
Kayla
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I wanted to love this book but it just ended up being Meh! I didn't like Abby and I didn't mind Logan. I don't think a book is complete without having a connection or admiration for the characters.
Chasing Impossible is the fifth and final book in the Pushing the Limits series.

It is has been four years since I read book four. Although I did read Breaking the Rules (#1.5) earlier this year. I have enjoyed this series. So I'm not sure why it has taken me this long to read the final book.

This is Abby's story. The book alternates between her first person POV and Logan's POV.

Logan's best friends are Chris and Ryan. Abby's best friends are Rachel and Isaiah. Abby deals drugs. But we never knew h
Christina
I was interested in reading Abby's story ever since she made her appearance in Isaiah and West's stories. I wish I hadn't bothered. The entire drug dealing business made me feel uncomfortable and the events that unfolded were over the top. It was something new though. I couldn't bring myself to like Abby, who was always pushing help away. Her romance with Logan was unconvincing, and I still think Logan was drawn to her physically, despite Abby trusting him with her secret/reason for dealing. Log ...more
Angie
May 05, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF @ 38%. I jumped through all the hoops to get this limited release of Abby's story. I wanted it. I was sure I'd love it. I tried. But it's such a snore. I'm bored to tears. It's time to quit.
Stacee
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Abby had never been one of my favorites, but I really liked Logan and I was intrigued to see how they got together.

As we got Abby's back story, I started liking her a lot more. She's got a lot of layers and it was nice to see underneath some of them. Logan is just as much of a smart ass as she it and seeing them interact was delightful.

All in all, it was a quick read and I loved the ending. As well as getting to see other favorites {like Isaiah and Rachel}.

**Huge thanks to Harlequin Teen for t
Chrsitina Somerville
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-series, ya
Amazing story.

Was not hard to fall in love with Logan and Abby.

Hope there is more stories in this series to come.
Jay
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Impossible was amazing!!!
Brandi Kosiner
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been wanting to read Abby's story since I first read about her, and was super excited at the promotion for this. I love McGarry's writing, characterization, romance and the growth of the characters. She gives us these flawed people with dark pasts and makes me love them, and also see life through another set of eyes, that I may have never experienced something like that, but it feels authentic, and helps me to appreciate other backgrounds, and that people have reasons, there is dark and ...more
Dee/ bookworm
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love McGarry's writing, characterization, romance and the growth of the characters. She gives us these broken people with dark pasts but makes them relatable and you really identify with them. You want them to have the happy ending, be the hero, be more than a statistic. I love the getting to know each character, the dual points of view and how McGarry incorporates past characters and lets you view another side of them and also you get to continue their story. It is really four dimensional thi ...more
Michelle
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Impossible is the full length story of two secondary characters that have popped up in previous books, which is the way all of this series has played out. Abby has been popping up since the beginning because she knows Noah (Pushing The Limits) and Isaiah (Crash Into You) and Logan is one of Ryan from Dare You To's best friends.

The story is told in split perspectives with alternating chapters, both Abby and Logan letting us into their heads as they tell their story in the first person. We
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimers: I received a copy of this novel from the publisher as part of a giveaway.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: I adore Katie McGarry and all of her books. This one was no exception. I left the series heartbroken by the idea that she wasn't going to tell Abby's or Logan's stories.

Then I got this novel that told both of their stories. It was absolutely brilliant. I adored every minute of it.

Abby, the drug dealing teenager, made for a harsh read sometimes. Howev
Kelly (the book hussy)
re-read January 2019
Abby is seriously one of my top 3 heroines ever. LOVE HER!!
——————————————————
YES. finally!! I wish I could give Katie a HUGE hug for writing this book!!

I freaking LOVE Abby!! I have been waiting for Abby's story ever since she was first introduced. she's one of those characters that you always remember. she steals every scene she's in. she's unique, bossy, strong, loyal, intimidating, funny as hell, confident, misunderstood. I love her obsession with bunnies. I love her make-
Megan McColgan
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-the-best
This was pretty much how I felt during the entire novel...

description

My love for this entire series runs deep and I'm disappointed that it's over. Isaiah and Rachel were definitely my ultimate ship but Abby and Logan were a close second. The chemistry that flowed between these two was off the charts. Abby's sass and overall love of bunnies had me in stitches several times.

Logan's POV had me like this...

HOT DAMN.

The storyline of this book was a little screwy at times but I felt that it had the most charact
María
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sports, young-adult, m-f, 2015
I think I'm one of the few ones who didn't enjoy this. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but not a OMG-I-NEED-MORE good.
My problem was Abby. I felt she was trying too much on being this "badass drug dealer everyone fears". Besides the little detail of dislike by association because she's Rachel best friend and from all of the heroines of Katie, Rachel is the worst (I know, it's childish).
And I still don't understand why Abby says Beth had Isaiah wrapped around her finger, Isaiah did what he did f
Sep 15, 2016 added it
The fact that I've read this entire series is super confusing to me. I'm not really invested in these books, but I'm fascinated by their popularity and, like, I get it... I wonder what Teen Sarah would have thought?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Wild Cards (Wild Cards, #1)
  • Wild Crush (Wild Cards, #2)
  • Racing Savannah
  • Center Ice (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #1)
  • All Played Out (Rusk University, #3)
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Dating: For the Assist: A Sweet YA Best Friend's Brother Romance (Eastridge Heights Basketball Players Book 4)
  • Dating: For the Block: Eastridge Heights Basketball Players Book 3
  • On Thin Ice (Juniper Falls #3)
  • All Broke Down (Rusk University, #2)
  • Defending Taylor
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • This is Falling (Falling, #1)
  • Rules of Attraction (Chimie Perfectă, #2)
  • Wicked Restless (Harper Boys, #2)
  • Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks)
  • Dating: One on One: Eastridge Heights Basketball Book 1
  • The First Kiss Hypothesis (The First Kiss Hypothesis #1)
KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebo

Pushing the Limits (5 books)
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
  • Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)