Start by marking “Just Breathe (Earthen Witch #1)” as Want to Read:
Just Breathe (Earthen Witch #1)

Just Breathe

(Earthen Witch #1)

Battling supernatural hunters and power-hungry witches, Aisling Green must learn to access her power, and fight for what she loves.

New witch Aisling Green is trying to find out what she is and the world she's entered with no luck. When a dark witch tries to kill her, she's rescued by Connor, a light witch, and he agrees to help her.

They discover she's not just a witch. She
ebook
Published April 29th 2015 by Sarah Doughty

To ask other readers questions about Just Breathe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Breathe

Start your review of Just Breathe (Earthen Witch #1)
May Timani
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When Aisling turns 21, she starts to change.

A few weeks later, and 10 years after her mother was killed in an accident, Aisling's grandmother passes away; leaving her with the surprise of her being a witch, a grimoire (spell book) that belonged to her mother, and endless questions she has no idea how to get answers to.

Clueless as to what being a witch meant for her, Aisling searches the library useless book after book with no luck .

Until Connor walks into her life unexpectedly, agrees to help
Moon
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just Breathe Just Breathe (Earthen Witch #1) by Sarah Doughty

five stars still don't do justice!

I was absolutely honored and thrilled to receive this book by sarah after reading the excerpts on her instagram page.
it is her debut novel and she has done the job wonderfully!
This is a very beautifully and detailed written book and the very first in the Earthen witch series.The scenes described can almost make the reader picture themselves in a movie.

it's about an ordinary yet very extraordinary girl named Aisling Green,who finds out she is a w
Coco.V
Dec 10, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on iBooks today (12/10/2018)!💝

Blurb:

They discover she's not just a witch. She's the most powerful creature in existence. An Earthen witch. While they try to de
Ian
My full length, in depth review of Just Breathe can be read at my book blog Another World . Below is an overview of my thoughts after I read the book.

UPDATE:
I've bumped up my rating to 5 stars, and I'm very happy to do so. This is one of those story's of which the deeper the insights you have into it, the more rewarding a read it becomes.

INITIAL THOUGHTS

How is it possible I didn’t know that Kim Harrison and J.R. Ward had a secret love-child who goes by the name Sarah Doughty? I have no idea,
Christina
Apr 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I think this book was well written and the characters were strong, yet vulnerable. There was adventure and romance as well as gripping chapters. Sarah, proud to know you and entertaining read.
Looking forward to the series.
Drishti Punjabi
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love the book!
Sarah, babe, keep it up.
Love, Drishti
Neha Chakraborty
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
The book 'Just Breathe' follows the story of a girl who just finds out that she is a very powerful witch. In her normal life so far, she realizes that she is not so normal after all. The book, which is the first part of the Earthen Witches series, beautifully traces her transformation from a simple girl to a powerful witch. The book is very beautifully written. The characters are introduced in such a way that you form an instant connection with them. The book has all the elements that make it am ...more
Candy Ray
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I came across Sarah Doughty on WordPress and that was why I originally read this book. it is generous of her to distribute these books free. When I read it I found it really steamy and sexy. Whew! I must be getting old. It is supposed to be for young adults and people who like the paranormal romance genre will love it. One thing I found really interesting is that there are descriptions of aura colours and what they mean throughout the story. Some people can see auras and they would recognize the ...more
Jasmin
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Reading Just Breathe was akin to taking a breath of fresh air. It’s just so…refreshingly different. Sarah has taken many common tropes found within urban fantasy and paranormal romance and has turned them on their heads, thereby creating the perfect start to what promises to be an action-packed, exhilarating series.

The first aspect of this novel that I want to draw attention to is Connor, a light witch who tasks himself with the job of guiding Aisling as she enters an, until recently, unknown wo
Illy
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Thank you for introducing me to this world Sarah!
Khushboo Shah
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
okay, so I'm not a huge fan of witches or vampire kind of books, but having said that, I downloaded the e-copy of this book. Initially, it was all blur, but as the story took pace, my excitement also increased and ended up liking the whole concept of natural powers! I want that power too!! haha author has very well kept the readers on seat. And I read that the author ended up writing this book and probably a series of books from mere a single dream. That's commendable! Looking forward to read mo ...more
Dyanna
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book covered all the bases of a good fantasy novel. If you like vampires, werewolves, guardians, witches, romance and deranged witch hunters this book is a must read. Aisling Green must learn to access her power while trying to keep herself and her mate alive. She must battle power hungry, power stealing witches and learn to access her own power at the same time. She must also come to terms with the abuse she suffered as a child at the hands of her step father. This is a fast paced page turn ...more
Máh
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's a whole new world and view on witches and the supernatural. I really enjoyed that we get to learn about the world with the main character, as the story develops and she learns about what she can do we also learn about her and the world she's in. The excitement and curiosity builds up and Sarah's got us on the edge wanting to know more.
The characters are well built and you just crave to know more about their stories.
Just Breathe got easily on my favs list.
Jessica Hoeft
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having post traumatic stress disorder my self I must say I really appreciated how Sarah presented her characters. Even with so much to overcome they show vulnerability yet a strength of heart and character. Add onto that a delightfully new take on "powers" and the whole spectrum of fantasy type characters and I was sold. Wonderfully written and full of heart. Kept me coming back for more.
Soshinie
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Sarah Doughty doesn't disappoint! Be prepared to be transfixed as her novel is one which you will be unable to put down as you join Aisling on her new journey of discovering more about herself and finding her true love.
Devon West
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with the setting, the characters, the pacing, and the authors attention to detail. All of these elements held the story together beautifully, highlighting the central theme of strength through the healing power of love.
Anjum Choudhary
Elizabeth
May 06, 2015
Patricia Remeta-Siler
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found it hard to put down.
JulieSongsari
Lindz
Oct 27, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Series not displaying correctly 3 18 Dec 20, 2018 08:19AM

• Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box
Moonlit whispers of the soul.

Conjuring words from the ether is like breathing — my weapon — my therapy. It allows me to weed through all the pain, in an effort to find myself again.

My name is Sarah Doughty and I suffer from complex PTSD, depression, and debilitating anxiety. And if I don’t have a migraine, I have a headache. Every. Single. Day. Though I am terrified of the night, crowds, and much

Earthen Witch (3 books)
  • Focus (Earthen Witch #2)
  • Listen (Earthen Witch #3)