Start by marking “Seven Minutes in Heaven (Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers, #3; Desperate Duchesses, #9)” as Want to Read:
Seven Minutes in Heaven  (Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers, #3; Desperate Duchesses, #9)

Seven Minutes in Heaven

(Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers #3)

All of Eugenia Snowe’s problems start when Edward Reeve, an arrogant bastard son of an earl, bursts into her registry office. He wants a governess and he wants her. She gives him the governess he demands, but she refuses to give herself.

No question that Eugenia enjoys crossing wits with the brilliant inventor, but she will never tarnish her reputation with an affaire, part
Mass Market Paperback, 405 pages
Published January 31st 2017 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Seven Minutes in Heaven, please sign up.
Eloisa James HI there! It's Eloisa... it's up for preorder in the US and UK, as far as I can see. If you are still having a problem, just email me:…moreHI there! It's Eloisa... it's up for preorder in the US and UK, as far as I can see. If you are still having a problem, just email me: eloisa@eloisajames.com And Thank You for preordering!!(less)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Happy release day!!

Seven Minutes in Heaven is the 9th book in Eloisa James’ Desperate Duchesses series (Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers #3) and, at times, had me laughing so hard I was in tears. Reading this also had me sighing, tsking, and falling in love with Edward Reeve and Eugenia Snowe, and cheering for their happily ever after.
Blurb

Caz
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I've given this a B- at AAR, but I can't bring myself to give it 4 stars, as it's not a book I would really recommend. So it's staying at three and being an exception to my normal rounding up rule.

Seven Minutes in Heaven is the third in Eloisa James’  Desperate Duchess by the Numbers series which is a kind of Desperate Duchesses TNG – the heroes and heroines featured in these books appeared as children in some of the earlier stories and are now grown up and getting their own.  This means tha
Bj
I gave this audiobook a B for the story and A- for the narration at AudioGals

I’m a huge fan of Eloisa James’ brand of historical romance. She always manages to infuse witty dialogue and tongue-in-cheek humor in her romances which is sure to bring a smile to my face and have me chuckling while my earbuds are tuned in. I also love the cat and mouse chase that she tends to make the hero and heroine jump through prior to achieving their HEA. Seven Minutes in Heaven is no exception. However, while I
Esther
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
ARC from Edelweiss for honest review.

Eugenia our heroine, has been a widow for five years. Eugenia is a savvy business woman who runs a governess registry. She enjoys her work and she is very good at what she does. The ton/establishment aren't too happy with her because she's a "working woman" and they snub her for it. But Eugenia is happy, content and likes her quiet life.

Reeve the hero is an illegitimate son who has worked hard to make a fortune for himself, he's an inventor. He is now guardi
Penny Black
What a pignut.

In the final installment of the Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers, another resourceful heroine joined the lineup of admirable women, who found a way to stretch the boundaries of acceptable roles for noblewomen in Georgian England without losing their place in society. It is just too bad she was paired with such a nincompoop of a hero; I thought she could have done better. Slight spoilers ahead.

A daughter of a marquess and a widow of a viscount's heir, the heroine was a woman of me
Lakshmi C
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoy Historical romance but am running out of books from my favorite authors - Amanda Quick, Julie Garwood, Lisa Kleypas ... and this worried me. I had two options :

Devour a mountain of chocolate brownies OR look for a new author, this is how I ended up with my first Eloisa James.

I was enchanted and charmed by this book; really, really enjoyed it.

Edward and Eugenia had such a fun relationship. Eugenia was a self made woman, she was a widow and built a reputable governess agency.

Ward had a r
Tammy
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: release-2017
I loved this steamy and QUITE delectable story. Recommend highly, perfect for a Valentines romance read! 💝
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

I don’t understand the “Desperate Duchesses” name for this series. Nobody is desperate, nor is anybody a duchess!

There is no question that Eloisa James can write beautifully, and that her characterisations (particularly for the child characters) are fantastic. This was my first Eloisa James book, and I will seek out more of her work, but Seven Minutes in Heaven didn’t work that well for me for a number of reasons.

I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about this book. On
Mary - Buried Under Romance
Holy God, this heroine's last name...LOL
Ivana Azap Feješ
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reading this also had me sighing, tsking, and falling in love with Edward Reeve and Eugenia Snowe, and cheering for their happily ever after. All of Eugenia Snowe’s problems start when Edward Reeve, an arrogant bastard son of an earl, bursts into her registry office. He wants a governess and he wants her. Edward and Eugenia had such a fun relationship. Edward (Ward) Reeve is a wealthy inventor and the illegitimate son of an Earl. He has recently gained guardianship of his two younger half siblin ...more
SmartBitches
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

Seven Minutes in Heaven is written with Eloisa James’ customary wit and charm. It’s an enchanting book with one major caveat – the main conflict could have been resolved in Chapter One if people just spoke clearly. I’m not a fan of stories that revolve around a misunderstanding. Still, I enjoyed it because the writing is so good and the characters so delightful.

This book is so fun that it took me a week to consider that every single character is dealing
G.
Jun 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
The book never entirely took off for me, because the plot/conflict hinged on the weakest of premises. And then the hero turned into a giant nutsack, so that kind of killed it dead.
Nancy
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regency
I'm fairly certain EJ can rewrite the phone book and I'd be swooning. This story was of Edward ("Ward") and Eugenia, and these two did not disappoint.

Eugenia was one of the strongest Regency heroines I've read in awhile. It is so refreshing to read about a widow who still mourned her husband, who enjoyed him, and who was truly in love with him. I adored seeing the moment when Eugenia decided she was ready to move on; it wasn't something decided in the throes of passion, but a mature decision mad
Quirky Omega
Thank Heavens! I am super pumped James used her incredibly vast and beautiful knowledge of english literature in her newest offering. She seems embraced her both her lives to produce an intelligent book that strikes the right chords in my effervescent and romantic heart.

Just as a slight warning, this book deals with the deceased ex plot. But it is handled absolutely wonderfully.

My favourite lines from the book coming soon.
Molly
Eloisa James is one my favorite authors - she has a unique style that's engaging, fun and thoroughly enjoyable. Having said that, Seven Minutes in Heaven was not my favorite book of hers - Edward Reeve was an impulsive jackass, who didn't get redeemed in my eyes and I couldn't really connect with Eugenia. I'll 100% get the next book in the series, but this one was not my cup of tea.
♥ℳelody
*Review Up*

Not bad, not amazing either.

Overall this was a decent wrap up and extension to the Desperate Duchesses series. I liked seeing all the married couples from previous books with their kids all grown up in this. I usually don't like when series jump ahead so far but this was cute. Seeing my fave DD hero, Jem (Lord Strange) as a protective father figure was such a trip. And seeing Leopold, the Duke of Villiers, still being his snarky, naughty-self was a real treat. He has white hair now!
Helena
Jan 26, 2018 added it
DNF-ed it around 70%. I just couldn't force myself to enjoy it and I was wishing it would end from the page 30. It just wasn't for me
Tori
Originally posted at SmexyBioks-http://smexybooks.com/2017/02/review-...

Favorite Quote: “Nothing ruins a dinner party like expertise.”

Edward (Ward) Reeve is a wealthy inventor and the illegitimate son of an Earl. He has recently gained guardianship of his two younger half siblings (Lizzie and Otis) after his mother passed away. Due to the children’s unusual upbringing, they were raised in a traveling theater troupe, Ward needs a governess immediately in order to get their education up to par and
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
Oh my god, Eloisa James writes with just the right touch of melodrama to get me in the feels every single damn time! Was I in tears? YES I WAS.
Clephiro (The Book Coven)
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I am so glad that I read this BEFORE I read the Eloisa James novel where Eugenia is a child. I really hate Eloisa's wider world, because if there is one thing that can break the mood of a romance novel, it is reading sex scenes about a character that was a kid two books ago. I just really do not enjoy this. If I can manage to consider the book as a stand-alone, I definitely enjoyed it. Lizzie, especially was quite adorable. It was a decent plot, even if the kidnapping plot device was way overuse ...more
Les Romantiques
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Rinou
Review Copy from the Publisher

2,5/5

This is the third volume in the Desperate Duchesses by The Numbers series (subsection of Desperate Duchesses series), of which I didn’t read the previous volumes as I often do. Here we meet Reeve who is given custody of his half brother and sister after their mother’s death. He decides to hire a governess to channel them before the hearing asked by their grandmother who contests the custody.

I really l
Naoms
Originally posted at: Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

I love reading about the offspring of characters we watched falling in love. It’s fun, it gives us a glimpse into the lives of characters after Happily Ever After and it gives us a brand new adventure set in a world that we already enjoy. Eugenia and Ward are characters we met as children in Eloisa James’ Desperate Duchess series and it was a happy thing to see who they became and how the HAE of their parents (and step-parents) worked
Melanie
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that I've not read many books from this author. I liked her Pleasures series and I also read couple of books from her Fairy Tales series, and loved one more than the other. So, after reading this story and loving every minute of it, I've decided to plow through EJ's backlist, working my way down from this book. My local used bookstore was very happy with my purchase this past weekend :)

In the first book of the Desperate Duchesses series we meet a bastard son of the hero of that b
Holly
Maybe more like 2.5 stars?

For a genre that is rife with drama, this book is decidedly lacking in it. And I don't say that in a particularly good way. There's almost nothing to pull you into the story. Ward and Eugenia quickly begin a physical relationship pretty much without further ado. There's no difficulties at all in their arrangement until almost the end of the book. On top of that, Eugenia is too perfect - she's beautiful, she's proper, she's great with children, she's smart, she's got a t
Jessica Grogan
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF. Insta-lust and a "problem" that could be solved by just talking to each other make for a blah read for me. The whole thing hinges on him not knowing she's a Lady and not just a Mrs. and it's discussed how EVERYONE knows this. I found myself thinking of other books I'd like to read instead too often to finish this. The letters exchanged at the beginning are the reason this gets two stars from me. I could've used a few more pages of that.
LaLa
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's quite refreshing to read a regency with a non-virgin heroine. Thank you, EJ! So far, this one is my favorite of the ...by the Numbers series. There was a great cast of supporting characters as well, so it will be fun to see who is featured in the next book.
Sue
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The heroine in this tale is intelligent, sophisticated, witty, and a savvy business owner. She owns and manages her own premiere employment agency for governesses, catering to the needs of the rich, famous, and aristocratic. The hero is -- you guessed it! -- a man in need of a governess, in this case for his young half siblings. (And who doesn't love a man willing to take responsibility for motherless children?) So begins a story of immediate attraction and long distance flirtation (the letters ...more
Jessica Robbins
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...
eyes.2c
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved everything about this. Characters, plot development, the children. Smashing!
Natasa
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an endearing story, and I like both lead characters very much. The author developed their characters slowly but deeply so that the reader had a good understanding of what they were like by the time their romance reached its culmination.
The Open Book: Seven Minutes in Heaven 1 3 Mar 08, 2018 05:07PM
Disconnections with Desperate Duchess 3 16 Feb 07, 2017 05:58PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Oct 16, 2016 02:40PM
"Marked this as read" 3 17 Dec 29, 2015 11:51PM

• Scoring With the Wrong Twin (WAGS, #1)
  • Love Will Always Remember (Shades of Love, #3)
  • Luck Be a Lady (Rules for the Reckless, #4)
  • When Tempting a Rogue (Victorian Soap Opera, #3)
  • Sweetest Scoundrel (Maiden Lane, #9)
  • While the Duke Was Sleeping (The Rogue Files, #1)
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)
  • A Breath of Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #2)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4)
  • Sweet Disorder (Lively St. Lemeston Book 1)
  • An Affair with a Notorious Heiress (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #4)
  • Season for Scandal (Holiday Pleasures, #3)
  • A Duke in Shining Armor (Difficult Dukes, #1)
  • Wanna Bet? (Dirty British Romance, #2)
  • Unmasked by the Marquess (Regency Imposters, #1)
  • What a Difference a Duke Makes (School for Dukes, #1)
  • A Gentleman Undone (Blackshear Family, #2)
  • The Day of the Duchess (Scandal & Scoundrel, #3)
New York Times bestselling author Eloisa James writes historical romances for HarperCollins Publishers. Her novels have been published to great acclaim. A reviewer from USA Today wrote of Eloisa's very first book that she "found herself devouring the book like a dieter with a Hershey bar"; later People Magazine raved that "romance writing does not get much better than this." Her novels have repeat ...more

Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers (3 books)
  • Three Weeks With Lady X (Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers, #1; Desperate Duchesses, #7)
  • Four Nights With the Duke (Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers #2; Desperate Duchesses #8)
“To have him walk toward her with that intent look on his face, as if nothing in the world could satisfy him but her. Damn” 2 likes