Start by marking “Pluviophile” as Want to Read:
Pluviophile

Pluviophile

Imagine a stifling hot day, where the sun doesn't just beat down on your body, but also on your enthusiasm, your spirit. Now, imagine the relief that is brought down by a refreshing shower of cool rain.

All your agitation and distress get washed down the drain in this shower, the same time that your lowered spirits and suppressed laughter come barreling to the surface. Tha
Kindle Edition, 1, 216 pages
Published March 28th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Pluviophile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pluviophile

Start your review of Pluviophile
Surabhi Sharma
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
Pluviophile; one who love rain. The tiny drops falling from the sky drenched you, touched the ground and play music, the wet roads, and the smell of soil. Pluviophile is a story of a girl who once loved the rain and now afraid of rain that reminds her a fateful day in her life which takes away from her everything. Everything; her husband; Max.

Juliet St. James, wife of Maxwell St. James who is a surgeon and one of the best in his work. Juliet works in a publishing house as Editor-in-chief. They a
Niranjan Navalgund
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pluviophile’ is a soft love story revolving around emotional conflicts of characters that are held together by instances of life
As the title suggests, Juliet is a Pluviophile (lover of rain). Rain is used as a wonderful metaphor to convey the ebb and flow of the characters

Cover, Blurb and the tag line : The grand blue suits the theme of the book very well. The blurb is wonderfully written, encouraging the readers to explore more. I loved the font and the tagline. The tagline sums up the journey
Cathy Smith
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pluviophile by Aarohi Brar is a very polished, literary version of a love story. If a love story could qualify for the Pulitzer, this is it. It is a carefully written non-graphic novel. Especially, I would recommend this book for the person looking to read a romance novel that is a little different. This is a love story for those who may not necessarily like love stories. It is a good book that everyone should read and become familiar with. Aarohi Brar is an author to look out for in terms of mo ...more
Jola
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is a love story, but not the usual kind. It's exciting and you just can't stop reading it. Give this novel a shot, it's worth it!
Shwetha H.S.
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Pluviophile is a love story that would make you cuddle. You know it is going to be what you are thinking on your mind, but how is the question that keeps you reading it till the end. This love story with quite a few twists and turns as well as a fitting title is a perfect read during this monsoon.

What is exceptional about this story is the way it is narrated; two people narrating their point of view of the same story without clashing with each other is not only unique, but also saves people from
Vikas
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by my colleague and author in exchange for an honest review.

First up a piece of very sad information this is still a self-published book and Aarohi didn't find a publisher. This book deserves a publisher so that more people and read this wonderful story of sadness, loss, love, and sex. (Well it's erotica hidden in a love story hidden in a story about loss and salvation).

This is the story of Juliet who lost her husband Max in an accident 3 months ago and still buried under t
Susan Wüthrich
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Pluviophile is an exquisite tale concerning two young people who believe true love has deserted them.
The story is set in the southern states of the USA and begins with Juliet, who had been planning a birthday surprise for her husband when he is tragically killed in a motor accident.
Three months later the grieving widow, struggling to take charge of her life, has a chance meeting with Derek, a compassionate and sensitive young man. Recently let down by his cheating girlfriend, he soon real
Carissa Lynch
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What is a pluviophile?! Honestly, I wasn't familiar with the term until I read this book. A pluviophile is someone who loves rain, and that describes Juliet perfectly. There is nothing she loves more than walking slowly through the rain, relishing in its wet coolness, finding joy and peace in its pitter-patter of rhythms. Well, there is one thing she loves more: her husband, Max. But when she loses him tragically, she also loses her love of rain.

She is broken.

But then she meets Derek, another
Ellie Midwood
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful love story! And not your typical one: it’s a story of healing, coming to terms with yourself and your loss, and what’s most important, forgiving. Forgiving yourself for the words you didn’t get a chance to say, forgiving a man who even though not voluntarily, is the reason of your late husband’s death. Because this man, Derek, is the one who brings the hope and opens Juliet, a devastated widow, to a new and happy life.
The language of the novel itself is very poetic and guides t
Tania Ahuja
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pluviophile...the first time I got this book as a Giveaway through goodreads signed by the author herself, I was ecstatic! But then looking at the long worded title and the size of the book got me apprehensive. I kept procrastinating reading the book with the excuse that I need to give it my full attention, it being a love story i need to feel all the emotions. And guess what I was right and wrong both!

Right because this book definitely demands your full focus to be able to feel each and every
R. Humphries
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Juliet and Derek have both suffered at the hands of love. Pluviophile recounts these tales of woe and, honestly, the book doesn't really feel like a love story at the beginning. But when life brings Juliet and Derek together again (and not for the first time), they begin to find solace in each other. But the past isn't ready to release them yet. Can the two of them shed the binds of their past and find a future together?

Pluviophile is a grandiose story of life and love, death and pain, dead ends
Mansi Maini
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When you start reading Pluviophile there is a sense of curiosity and grips you right in the beginning and it just builds and builds until the twist is revealed. The narration is flawless and the story is one that will fill your heart with joy. One of the most enchanting, binding and downright beautiful books I have ever read. After reading this book I have become an Aarohiophile.
Kathleen Howard
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be very well written and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Characters Juliet and Derek have depth, and issues to deal with from within. The story line was well rounded and balanced. This is an excellent love story which includes many emotions with in the pages. I will be looking out for more work from this author.
Sarah Parry
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A haunting love story of love and loss, and finally redemption, written in a lyrical style from the view points of both the hero and heroine.
Sahil
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emotionally packed, expressive and dramatic - a great debut novel.
PepperP0t
This read was furnished by author in exchange for an honest review.

An emotionally recuperating Juliet actually meets a physically recuperating Derek in the course of doing their jobs. Juliet is nursing pain, grief and a broken heart from losing her husband and Derek is regaining his physical and mental strength from a debilitating work related auto accident that required several surgeries.

Their separate and shared journeys give a moving view of broken people finding a way to help and heal each
Christine
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was immediately drawn into the story of Juliet & Derek and I really enjoyed reading the story from the two different view points. Juliet’s heartache and immense sense of loss is so well conveyed as well as her inner conflict when meeting Derek. You can feel her moral dilemma and inner struggle on whether or not she can move on and love again after the death of her husband whom she loved so much.

Although I thought that it was a bit quick for Juliet to be emotionally ready to love again so soon
Karen
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book introduces you to Juliet, recently widowed who used to be a confessing pluviophile. She meets Derek who stirs some feelings.

With Pluviophile, Aarohi Brar has woven a romantic story of love lost and found including some steamy scenes. Juliet has lost the love of her life, Derek is not proud of something that happened in the past; when they meet, they are drawn to each other. They tell the story alternately - the paragraphs shown in italics are about Max, Juliet's husband. I had to get u
Sandrine Piat
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I was taken in by the story from the start and drawn into Juliet's story, her heartache and sense of loss and then her meeting with Derek and later her turmoil at whether she could move on or not. Then there was also Derek's side of the story, his won turmoil because of his love for Juliet... It was really heartfelt and touching. I loved the author's writing style which flowed and was such a pleasure to read. It was heartfelt and touching all the way. I can't wait to ...more
Faith Simone
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story about a widow struggling to move on from her husband's sudden death. There's a twist when a new man enters her life. The story is told from the perspective of both the widow and the guy who was somehow involved in her husband's death, which makes things interesting. There were a few point of view and grammatical issues, but overall, it kept my attention through out. This author shows promise.

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review, which I freely gi
Aarohi Brar
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Devid Rusviandy
rated it did not like it
Feb 19, 2020
is currently reading it
May 22, 2016
Dwija
Jun 29, 2016

• The New World (Chaos Walking, #0.5)
  • Snowscape (Chaos Walking, #3.5)
  • The Wide, Wide Sea (Chaos Walking, #2.5)
  • Birthday Girl
  • Ghost Stories Of Shimla Hills
  • Memories of Tomorrow (Nameless #6)
  • Red Rain (Nameless #4)
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • Real Ghost And Paranormal Stories From India
  • 21 Short Tales
  • The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
  • Riverdale #1
  • A Stoic's Diary
  • Evolution Of Privacy
  • Stuff Every Geek Should Know
  • Stoicism: Stoic Philosophy Made Easy
Aarohi is a fiction writer. Other than writing stories, she loves to write poetry and read romance novels, mysteries, thrillers, suspense and ugly cry books.
She lives in India with her parents and aspires to be a full time author.

News & Interviews