Start by marking “Nine Line” as Want to Read:

Nine Line

A nine line is the standard radio format to evacuate casualties from the battlefield. It is a call for help.

When Nick Patterson signed up for the Navy reserves, he just wanted some money for medical school. He never imagined he’d someday find himself fighting for life and limb in the sands of Iraq. Frustrated by a military bureaucracy he cannot begin to understand and an
Published March 29th 2015 by Ashton Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Nine Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nine Line

Nikki Sex
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is by my co-author and good friend Zack Kitchen. He served as a frontline doctor in the military in Iraq for years. It's a military romance (heavy on the military) and is an absolutely incredible look at what it's really like over there. I can't recommend his writing enough.
Tammy  Tracy
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book popped up for free and I really enjoyed his book with Nikki Sexx Promises to Keep. This was different from my regular read and it was really good. Nick Patterson signed up for the Navy Reserves to help pay for medical school. The story finds us in the middle of the war zone in Iraq. There is a lot of details of how medicine is practiced in the field, bureaucracy of the military and working with another country. Samantha Brown is a MEDIVAC pilot who loves being in the fight and loves fl ...more
Penny
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely riveting. It's hard core feelings running through your mind and heart. It naw's on you a bit then eats you up and spits you out, only to start all over again time and time again. It's emotional in every way possible. I ran the gantlet of emotions I was happy and laughing and excited, pissed off and madder then hell the next second literally wanting to rips the head off of a variety of charters throughout the story, then I was just devastated and crushed. Then they all co ...more
Renee Bruning
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Nine Line. It was a captivating and well planned military romance. I felt that I was there in the midst of the chaos. It left me chilled and angry what service men and women face not only on the field, but at home as well. You laugh at our stupid bureaucracy and cringe to think how some decisions can end lives. I enjoyed how the author pulled you into the characters. The main character Nick faced extraordinary circumstances. Amazing read - I would highly recommend the book.
Elisabeth
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Look elsewhere if you want to read a hearts-and-flowers-with-rainbows-on-top story. This is a story spiced with a heavy dose of reality which is at times in gruesome detail. The mental pictures I had in my head where bright technicolor and turned my stomach so bad I had to put my kindle down for a bit. But knowing that war hardly is the peaceful meeting of people I appreciated the reality check.
Lynde Shaw
Dec 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Just ok. Too heavy on the military and too light on the "romance". And I use the word "romance" loosely. The book ran long and had me skimming several pages. Writing was ok, but I just felt something was missing.
Shim
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
maybe it's seeing so many 5* reviews that got my expectation so high.
or maybe I read a different book.
The book is well written, however the storyline didn't add up for me. there were too many unanswered questions.
Natasha Stories
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Chaplain Stanleigh Chapin
Enjoyable

A feel good military story with a romance that you could see early. Fairly accurate military actions, and worth the time.
Bette H
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Outstanding Story & Audible Listen🎧

By: Zachary J. Kitchen
Narrated by: Kelli White

This amazing story it is the type of story that stays with you, embeds your mind and moves you like no other. It is original, well written and well told! The storylines and characters are interesting and realistic. Zachary J. Kitchen’s descriptive details transports you along side his main character, Dr. Nicholas T. Harrison and shows you the challenges faced by Doctors, medical staff and the enliste
So, I Read This Book Today
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Have no fear of robbers or murderers. They are external dangers, petty dangers. We should fear ourselves. The great dangers are within us. What threatens our souls? It is forbidden to kill. Therefore, all murderers are punished. Unless they kill in large numbers, and to the sound of trumpets.” – The manifestation of Thomas Neill Cream, from River, British television series, based on a quote from Voltaire

The muffled drum’s sad roll has beat
The soldier’s last tattoo;
No more on Life’s parade shall
Don Paske
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I'd give it 3 1/2 stars. A fairly entertaining read with a decent story line. Poor writing disappointed me, especially the use of "got" instead of "have" (one of my pet peeves).
Alaina
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Alaina by: Nikki Sex
This book has it all! War, death, love, betrayal, loyalty, longing, the list goes on! I LOVED how the author put so much emphasis on what our soldiers go through. It was very eye-opening!!! Amazingly written, makes it a definite MUST READ and own so you can read it whenever you want....we all go through our own sh*t in life and everyone has their own pain to suffer but this book actually made me thankful for all the suffering I have endured!!! If our men and women didn't go through all of their ...more
Becky
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow, where to begin with this book... with everything going on in the world right now this book hits a little to close to home. I'm an E.R. nurse so I understood much of the medical goings on and terminology. I'm also a daughter of a military family, so the insight this book gives to what our men and women are doing and have done for us and the world as well as what the war does to them is extremely insightful and heart breaking. This is a good book that has alot of meaning, any war buff or mili ...more
Debra Johnson
4 & 1/2 stars.
Warning! This book was written by someone who served our country in war. The intensity and realism of what it is like to serve is in this book and it is gut and heart wrenching to say the least. If it wasn't for couple of small problems I would have given 5 stars. There is hope and fear. There is lose and there are gains. I recommend this book to everyone. If you have ever wondered what a person has gone through in service to our country & why they are they way they are, RE
Linda
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
the war story was interesting and exciting. the romance---not so much. predictable. victoria was a horrid person and there was no feeling of empathy for her. nick was dense to the extreme at times and i found that part of him unbelievable. and the last quarter of the book was soooo poorly edited...it was as if someone just gave up. unfortunately this can spoil a book for me. i struggled to finish it, knowing how it would turn out.
Marta Bleich
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good read.

Especially loved the secondary characters, and the overall story keeps you turning the pages. Without giving anything away though I was somewhat disappointed with Nick's interactions with his wife. Can we all say "bitch"! She so needed to be kicked to the curb and he was naive to the end when it came to her. Loved Sam's strengths. Would recommend.
Kerry Richardson
This book was not a normal pick for me but I am very glad I chose to read it. It was a wonderful story with fantastic characters and it was filled with war, action, death, and even a little humour, all brilliantly described bringing it all to life. A highly recommended book and definitely a 5 ☆ read.
Libby Blackmon
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

Great read! Felt like a first hand experience in military medicine. Enjoyed the characters. Medicine, firefights, with a little bit of romance thrown in for good measure! Would recommend to anyone interested in a look at what our military people go through.
Jean
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This was not the book I was expecting but it turned out to be a fantastic one. I will most definitely add this book to my read again list. If you are looking for a book about medical and the war this is a great book.
Ingrid Spera
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was more impressed than I thought I would be. This was definitely a romance, but a rough one that had a bit of grit to it in the military way. It discussed things that most don't want to think about and I appreciated that. Silly cute and sweet, but I liked their angle.
Barbara Hawks
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Doctor in combat.

This is a war story of a doctor in combat. It has insight in to the soul of men and women who are at the front lines. It's a great read that made me want to thank all the Vets that have made this country free. Thank you.
Tonya
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good story and well written. Great level of detail on what it's like to be in a war zone and the challenges of being in the military.
Mireille
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book. Great story, very true to life. I felt like I was in the war zone with him. I found this book gripping from start to finish.
Julie Bendig
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: already-read
I really enjoyed the story line. This is the first time I have read a book by this author. Look forward to reading more of his books. Would recommend it to anyone
Christine Strickland
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This book was a great read. I finished it in 2 days. I have enjoyed all of Zachary Kitchen's books and look forward to his next book!
Sheila
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Many reviews say this book portrays things correctly of our service members, which I don't know, but I felt it was just a romance/action story. It just didn't draw me in as a great book.
Patsy Gilmore
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very realistic story line

The storyline was intriguing and probably very realistic. The language was raw for my taste. If you are interested in war stories you will enjoy the book.
Elisabeth Gentry
  • Fly
  • Hearts Attached
  • Cape Cursed
  • For Better, For Worse
  • Emma & Simon's Story (Mail Order Bride, #1)
  • Home for Christmas
  • Code Name: Luminous (A Warrior's Challenge, #4)
  • The Year of Chasing Dreams (The Year, #2)
  • Dangerous Territory (Alpha Ops, #1)
  • Love's Providence
  • Her Forever Hero (Lost and Found, #3.5)
  • A Cowboy For Christmas (Copper Mountain Christmas #1, The Scott Brothers of Montana #1)
  • Once Upon A Christmas
  • Playing for Love (Summer Beach Vets #1)
  • The Seacrest (Paines Creek Beach #1)
  • Jinxed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #1)