Start by marking “The Secrets of Happily Married Men: Eight Ways to Win Your Wife's Heart Forever” as Want to Read:
The Secrets of Happily Married Men: Eight Ways to Win Your Wife's Heart Forever

The Secrets of Happily Married Men: Eight Ways to Win Your Wife's Heart Forever

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Praise for The Secrets of Happily Married Men "Manly men rest assured: You can hope to become a better husband without having to get in touch with your feminine side. . . . Lively and entertaining, this broad guidebook provides Haltzman's insights illuminated by anecdotes from his online discussion forum for married men."
--Psychology Today

"Haltzman . . . launches his eigh
Published January 1st 2007 by Jossey-Bass (first published December 16th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets of Happily Married Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secrets of Happily Married Men

Kevin
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
"...No one thing has the potential to shape your life--your identity as a man--more than your marriage." So says Scott Haltzman, author of this cut-and-dried, practical book on how a man can make his marriage better. I enjoyed the read, and learned plenty of simple (though sometimes common-sensical) tips for keeping my wife happy. It's no surprise that most of Haltzman's advice is about putting the needs of your wife and family above your own.

The most interesting part of the book was when he bre
Mmars
Sep 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A very accessible book. As a woman, it provides invaluable insight into male/husbands actions and how men think. Being told the possible flaws of marriage therapy was both surprising and honest. Dr. Haltzman guides the reader with straight-forward writing and examples that every married person can relate to. Readers must look elsewhere for deep psychology (i.e. the impact of traumatic childhood experiences upon a marriage etc.) But for anyone entering a marriage or wanting to enhance the quality ...more
Ckko
Aug 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of my friends have been married for over twenty years. We all have marital issues. This book speaks the language of man - "make your marriage your job" and spells out 8 steps to practice the adage "a happy wife is a happy life". Even though the targeted audience are men, women will find the book informative too, particularly from the male perspective of the relationship. I would recommend this book to all my friends, especially my male friends.
Martha
Dec 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Every woman should read this book for two reasons: 1) it's such a kick to hear how men really operate and what strategies work for them, rather than to read some New Age garble about how they should be, and 2) author Scott Haltzman is so clearly on the side of men and in a way that supports women. He's a coach with a rallying cry of "come on, fellas, we can make our women happy."
Ryan
Jun 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for men looking to make their marriage stronger. If you love your wife, you will read this book over and over. I read this book about once every year since I've gotten married.
Carlos
Feb 14, 2010 added it
There is two times when a man don't understand women, before the marriage and after the marriage jajajaj
Heather
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
You would have to ask my hubby whether the advice is good in practice. To me it seems sound and the book is an entertaining and informative read.
Mark
Apr 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: husbands
Some great advice for cultivating a sustainable marriage. Bottom line is wise-up and show her some appreciation.
David Roberts
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good how-to book, the techniques of which I have apparently not yet mastered...
Ryan  O'Neill
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Practical. Impactful. Eye-Opening. Suggestions for action have already been very helpful. Recommended for all married men or those in a committed relationship.
Michael
Jan 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Making the wife happy results in a happy man and a happy marriage.
Ben